Simmons mattress - any advise?

blissbride

Thanks batt for your info.
happy.gif
In addition, I do feel better to know that Simmon Matts' prices are controlled.

aaa

yo jas, welcome
happy.gif

yo bliss, no problem, we r here to share info rite
happy.gif
hey, BackCare series matt quite thick rite? take note when u buy bedsheets ya!

blissbride

batt,

Yeah the mattress does look pretty thick. .... hmmm I have already bought my mattress bedsheet set from Cozy...... I thought if I buy King-sized bedsheet cover, I am quite safe already?

aaa

yo bliss, better check the measurement on the bedsheet cover, if cannot still can change rite?..saw a lot of previous post on having problem to get bedsheets for thicker matt.

blissbride

Thanks batt for highlighting to me!

My mattress is not delivered yet. If my bedsheet cover really cant fit onto my mattress, I will have to buy new ones lor
happy.gif
The recent purchase can give to my parents
happy.gif
All sorted out ... hehehe.

fizz

Hi White Flora

Thanx...will go n seek it out...I tink friven fits westbury too...can save on bedsheets then...peri and hallmark r too ex...

fizz

Hi Whitefloral

Went to Tangs jus now...Understood fm sales staff tat King Koil measured oni 13" leh...Westbury is 12"...does the edges slip out easily???...Friven has 15" ones...solid colors r ok...but the duvet designs sucks...Tangs is hvg 40% discount on some Hallmark models...worth it but still ex...ended up buyin nothin...

aaa

hi gals,

I hv ordered my bed+bedframe a few wks ago but now then realise my room has small walk space if my ID do up a feature wall + TV ledge..*sigh*, now got to think abt options to do away with feature wall or arrange another bedframe, just an advise for you to check the measurement before purchasing..

aaa

yo steven, can't advise which is better lah..it is really up to individual preference whether u like softer or firmer bed.

yo gals, I resolved my bedframe problem liao. the IMM simmon lady, flora's service is really gd, went around the whole shop helping me to take measurement, think of all different alternatives for me and advise me the pros and cons. It is even ok to cancel the bedframe order to just take the mattress
happy.gif
. Really touched by her service, might consider getting the slimmer leather bedframe even thou it is very ex. *thumb up for her service"

steventay

hi,

just come back from the Simmons Galleries, there have a Simmons Beautyrest Tribute Plush-top similar to Simmons Lakeview.

Except it is 9 inch in thickness for tribute, lakeview is 11 inch.

Current promotion : The cost is $3299 for the mattress and the bed frame only.

What do you all think....

Is there a better buy.

aaa

yo steven, me posting the same info. below again..could recalled seeing lakeview in Robinson so it could be older model..if you don't mind and also is a robinson card holder, u get to enjoy 5% rebate or you can consider waiting for x'mas promotion for better discount
happy.gif
My matt. is only sold in no. 3 & 4 store so price is control. there is a few post on the problem in getting bedsheet for the thicker matt, so 9" type is gd
happy.gif

went to a few different places to check out on simmon and realise these different distributors: -

1) outside store & some exhibition - carry totally different models of simmon matt, think it is made in cheaper labour cty, tt is why they can be cheaper.
2) Robinson & taka - carry older range of model, discount higher cos they need to clean stock but keep in mind that the matt is not with latest techno. most are made in Korea/other cheaper labour cty instead of Canada.
3) IMM & Furniture mall at Beach rd - franchise store but carry the same range as simmon direct.
4) Paragon & great world - under simmon direct.

If you are going for canadian range, can only find in no. 3 & 4. Btw, Simmon matt is control price so dun think you can find the same model with different price or discount, unless you want the 'equipvalent' range but I quite doubtful that it is the same. Hope this is useful for those looking for simmon matt.

steventay

thank for your reply.

i think i will get the Simmons Beautyrest Tribute Plush-top (Non Flip) from Canada as it is 9 inch.

bedsheet is easier to find and more design..

11 inch is too high and bedsheet are limited to brand and design

so will there have promotion during the christmas for the galary?

aaa

hi steven, U R welcome
happy.gif
not too sure if there is x'mas promo, I dun find it as 'free' gift but rather as 'bundle' cos' price tends to be higher when there is a promo so like u are actually paying for the additional 'free' gift..it will only be consider a gd buy if you really need those items.

me cancelled my bedframe liao, luckily I still get to keep some of the items..heehee...so happy with the services rendered by the IMM gallery lady, flora. I have very high level of customer svcs expectation cos' used to train svcs staff, really *thumb up* for her service.

kel3vin

Hi Steven Tay,

How much did you pay for your Tribute Plush-top? Did you get the mattress + frame? Did you get any free gifts from the sale person?

I'm considering either the Tribute or the Cherrington. Anyone else has experience using these. Pls advise.

Thks

angeliqueho

i just get my tribute from Harbour front at $2099 without bedframe but with $300 voucher for accessories. That actually use up for 2 pillows and a mattress proctector with $96 top up.. Is it good deal?

demitri

Hi Angelique, may I know is your Tribute a Queen size or King size? Cos I just bought a Tribute King size for $2599. Thanks!

kel3vin

KW,

Your Tribute King @ $2599? Does it come with and freeies or voucher? When is your delivery?

Angelique, wow you got $300 voucher... I bought a King at $2399, come with mattress protector and buy one pillow, get one free.

demitri

ENT

Bought Tribute King @ $2599. 1 for 1 Mattress Protector @ 149. $300 voucher (exchange 4 2 Neck Care pillows). Delivery: TBA

Where did u get ur Tribute King? Got ours @ Simmons Gallery

demitri

ENT,

Dun really understand. I was also at Paragon Simmons Gallery. My package is $200 more than yours leh... seems like your deal better....

kel3vin

KW,

Ya, maybe you are right. I got a slightly better deal than you... my total cost is about 2550(can't remeber details liao...)... for 1 king mattress, 1 mattress protector and 2 pilows...

But you got 2 mattress protector right?

I bought my abt 11/12/04. When did you buy yours?

dabee

hi fizz:

i also hv difficulties to buy bedsheets for my simmons westbury pillowtop king bought 3 yrs back. headache ..... i love sherians... but super ex!!!!

simmmons beds are good, super comfy, u will love ur bed!! think all my gfs also bought them.

fizz

Hi DaBee

Hee...jus moved in to my new place...

Bot some cheaper bedsheets...like Rinco which can be found in Metro or Robinsons...grab Martex when there are sales...
biggrin.gif

kero

Hi!

WOnder anyone has any idea abt the backcare series? The robinson's lady promoted Backcare 2 to me and declare that it's only exclusive to them...

steventay

Backcare model also can get from Simmons Gallary.

Tribute model is exclusive to Simmons Gallary only.

Get Tribute, it is good...

racherlle

hi batt!

did u get the Tribute King too?
at the same price as KW and ENT have gotten???
and also the same freebies???

racherlle

hi all!

I've juz gotten my Simmons BeautyRest Glendale Pillow Top from Simmons Galleries!
Soooo comfy!!!
happy.gif
and happy too!!
hmm ya for gals who hav 12" beds.. where do u get ur bedsheets from?? Other than Robinsons? Any idea???

Thanks!!
happy.gif

cassie

told by simmons gallery that backcare 2 is only sold by dept stores. they carry backcare 3, 4 and advanced. still considering tribute
happy.gif

racherlle

hi cassie!

i was deciding between Tribute and Glendale..
in the end chose the Glendale as it's more comfy with the pillow top!
happy.gif
u shld go and try Glendale too.. the price difference is only ard 400.. but no freebies.. only managed to get a free mattress protector..

racherlle

hi cassie!

I got my Glendale from the Simmons Gallery.. is Robinsons selling the Glendale too??? Do u noe their selling price?? hehe if lower, I can go and get a refund from the Gallery.. Tot Robinsons is only selling the older models.. hmmm..

I paid SGD2,999 for it.. no bedframe.. juz paid for the mattress.. also no voucher..
Tink the SGD300 voucher only comes with the Tribute promo which is SGD2,599..
happy.gif

onzz

Hi Hi,

I bought a Simmons mattress abt 5 years back for $1k plus. Now thinking of getting one more, but shocked to find the advertised prices of $3k onwards! Is there anything like $1k plus? If tat is really the price, i dun mind settling for King Koil.

I have another one called "Silent Night" Bristish brand, quite happy with it, bought for abt $1k 8 years ago - highly recommended.

racherlle

hi onzz!!

if i'm not wrong they have some mattresses that are going at ard 1k plus.. u have to call the gallery or pop by to robinsons to check them out!
happy.gif

onzz

hi racherlle,

i've checked robinsons oredi, min. $2k plus. maybe will pop by the gallery see see, me cheapo, refuse to pay more than $1k plus...

cassie

the lady at the gallery told me their range is more luxury range; i told her my budget max 3K - she said only can buy Tribute
lol.gif

racherlle

hi cassie!

when did u call them?? hmmm
coz i tink they have a promo til 9th January..
the Tribute (King size) is 2,599 (usual: SGD3,599 somewhere there i tink)with SGD300 vouchers.. which some of the guys got here..
and for the Glendale (King size) it's SGD2,999 (usual: SGD3,999), no vouchers though..

oh ya the lady also told me that the model that replaces Cantebury & Westbury is Glendale.. so those who are interested in Westbury, may go and take a look too!
happy.gif

the difference is that the new Glendale has side zips where u could insert the detox packs to kill the germs which i find it pretty interesting!

cassie

we went down on sun, 9 jan. the lady didn't say when the sale was on until tho; we asked. well, if tribute's going back to normal prices, then it'll be way off our budget. i'll call them later.

racherlle

yup it's better to check with them..

but from what i heard.. the lady at the gallery was saying that the best time to buy these mattresses would be at year end to abt early Jan as this is the period where they have gd sales promo.. haha but this might b a sales tactic lar.. to entice u to buy!
happy.gif

bookworm

Hi all,
i will be interested in buying a mattress from simmons as well. Will like to ask which is a good branch to buy from, where they have a number of varities.
My hubby prefer the harder type of mattress...hmm..not the soft type , any recommendation?

racherlle

hi bookworm!

it's better for u to go down there and let the sales lady noe wat u wan.. and frm there they shld be able to recommend u the models..
happy.gif
and u can try resting on them too..

u can try the Simmons Gallery in Paragon and also IMM.. they have very nice sales ladies there
happy.gif

kero

Kinda confused....the sales pple at Robinsons told me tat the Robinsons offers the best price cos it has the 5% discount and it's 12 month installment free. Wonder if it's really more worth it to buy from Robinsons.

Bookworm,
Personally, I also prefer the firmer matteress...tat's why I tot of getting the backcare series...which is prob meant for the more elderly...hehe...From what I understand, Robinsons has the policy tat if you can get a better price else where, they will try to match the price for you cos anyway, the matteress are controlled prices.

Maybe you can look around for the matteress you like first before deciding where to get cos I realise tat diff sales and give diff extent of discount...