Simmons mattress - any advise?

river

Hi all

We got a Simmons mattress as well..the Cambridge one. They only have this in the Gallery not at the retail outlets.
Also, if you all don't mind, can try to contact the Simmons office. They let go model mattress pieces at really discounted prices...these are the ones they use to photograph for their brochures. Then that's it.

nac

Hi Angelia,
who is the sales person you talked to? If they don't oblige, don't buy from them. Check out Robinson instead.

pinocchio

Hi Just sharing,

Acutually, I really don't know what a good mattress looks like. To me, seems like it is all the same. Few years ago, my uncle was having back problem and he bought a simmons mattress on recommendations. but he still have back pains after sleeping on it. Six months later, he change the mattress to a Four Star mattress and everyting solved.

Maybe all brands of mattress cure back problems?

dreamer

hi all,

the other time when i go to the store @ furniture mall, the lady introduce me Beauty Rest Expenditure. but seems like the backcare series are more popular hor....do you all have any advise?

river

Hi nac

We saw the Cambridge Beautyrest at the Great World City Gallery. The sales guy quoted us $1,550 with a mattress protector & 2 Neckcare 1 pillows thrown in with the deal. Through some 'connections', we managed to get everything for $1,300.

It's very comfortable so far. My husband got a slight sleep apnea problem, but he has been getting good nites rest so far.

hi all

There's really no such thing as a 'best' mattress. It all depends on the type you & ur hubby prefer. Most important is to sit and lie down to test.

pausini

Hi,

I got a Simmons Mattress too. I cant sleep on Four star mattress. it is too hard for me, I have problems sleeping.

U really have to try the mattress urself, never just sit on the mattress. lie on it. it is a diff feeling. can always visit simmons website.. they teach how to chose a mattress for urself.

angelia

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">we already paid for our mattress, got it @ IMM Gallery.. the sales lady din wanna throw in any freebies.. oso din ask if we krisflyer member or not.. only told us got promotion, which is 15% disc.. then use citibank got additional 5% (btw, it's 15% + 5% &amp; not 20% okie..)

then i asked got free mattress protector or pillows or not, she say dun hv!! but then hor, i hear so much from u gals here, all say got leh!!
sad.gif
sad.gif

</FONT>

angelia

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">dunno if i go back with the krisflyer card, will she give me the freebies/$200 disc or not?!</FONT>

nac

Hi angelia,
who did u talk to at IMM Gallery. When I was there, the sales person kept throwing freebies at us, trying to make her first sale of the day. This is on top of the 15+5% discount.

may

Angelia: who did u talk to at IMM. A young lady with short hair? the one that i bought the mattress from was older lady...she is quite nice...she was the one that threw in the free protector and pillows. We didnt even ask for it.

mint

Hi angelia,

I think it depends on the mattress that you buy. Certain models dun have freebies. I bought mine at IMM and the lady was called Flora. Mine also dun have freebies then I found out that other pple got freebies, I called her and asked and she explained it to me that it's only for certain models. There's also a newly-wed package. I think now got 40% discount on Simmons mattress...think I saw it in yest newspaper.

mint

Hi Dilemma,

Not sure where but try flipping thru sat's Straits Times. Definitely remember seeing it there.

L

lt

hi bin bin... if i'm not wrong - PPS stands for Priority Passenger Service - issued by SIA... for those who fly frequently in business class &amp; above.

L

lt

hi all... i'd just confirmed our order for a Canterbury King over the weekend. We paid about $2k after all discounts (less 15% (simmons sale) + $200 +10% (pps card) and we get to pay by a 12-mth interest free instalments using citibank.

flowee

LT

urs is reali a gd buy...
happy.gif

i bought mine a queen size @ $2499 with a free $500 simmmons voucher...
used the voucher 4 simmons pillows n matt protector...

E

enlightened

hi all,just wan to share my experience of buying a simmons mattress.i bought a night vision over the weekend at the expo homeasia fair..bought a kingsize one together with a bed frame for $1,700. the mattress is about $1,050 and the bed frame is $650. I had a good explanation from the salesperson.she made us lie down on each of the mattress there...backcare1,2,3 and 4 and also night vision and another one (can't remember the name)..she explained that not all simmons mattresses are the same and it doesn't mean that the most expensive one is the best...you've got to try each type to find the one that suits you best...cos each mattress has different "hardness" and "plushness"....and you should never try a mattress by just sitting or pressing it...you have to lie down on it for at least 1 minute and feel how the mattress adjusts to your weight and body contour.....a fleshier person compared to a skinny person is more likely to like a harder mattress...so for those thinking of getting mattress, think you should choose it wisely...dun think the most expensive/or the newest model is necessarily the best.....

oh..and not forgetting she gave us a mattress protector and 2 neckcare pillows free....and the neckcare pillows also got neckcare 1 and neckcare 2...must try it together with the mattress you selected to see which suits you better.....

L

lt

oh yes yes enlightened... agree with you.

i think i was in the simmons gallery so many times till the consultant recognises me!!! haa...

it's really subjective and what the comfort level that one likes. i'd tried back care series 3 &amp; 4 but i find them too 'hard' for me (maybe cos i'm petite and skinny), but my hubby thinks it's alright for him. of course we tried felicity, westbury, canterbury, apex, reginald (import usa direct).... so many... lost count liao!!!

over the weekend, i was back at the shop, trying on felicity and canterbury, deciding between the two, i lie on both over and over again... i think my hubby also give up on me liao... hee... and decided on canterbury cos of its not too soft, not too firm 'feel' and 'cooling' effect over felicity. but still i must say all these r really subjective.

L

lt

hi flowee - i'm now worried which brands of bed sheets should i buy. can you recommend a few for canterbury?

hi dilemma - glad tt you'd finally decided after much pondering.... so did you buy a king or queen? i'll have mine delivered in jan. &amp; u??

coco

hi enlightened,

which model did you choose for your mattress? have you heard abt beautyrest expenditure?

dilemma

Hi LT,

glad that i've finally made a decision too. Got to think carefully cos its not cheap. Anyway i bought a kingsize and it will be delivered in end dec.

Me wondering where to buy the bedsheets too. Probably i will wait for robinsons sales. Heard that those bedsheets that are 12-13 inchs are quite ex.

astrud

hi dilemma,
u can try brands such as Peri, King coil, Sheridan etc. We were told by the King Coil sales lady that the 12-13' pillowtop mattresses are getting popular so we can expect the price of such bedsheets to drop in the future.

And yes, we bought ours during the robinson sale...i suppose it is cheaper but then again, we never really did notice the prices of bedsheets before this lah :p

E

enlightened

hi gal gal,u r rite!tina served us.in fact i voted her as most polite salesperson even!think she did a great job!

hi coco, i bought this one called nite vision.not sure abt the beautyrest. but one of my frens bought the beauty rest. think ultimately it still boils down to which one you feel most comfortable lying on. happy trying!

N

newtosimmons

hello gals,

i wished i had come to this thread earlier... i just bought my westbury mattress today but now read that there's another cantebury? the salesgal didn't recommend leh...

i paid $2136 for westbury king bed, with 12-months instalments... got the mattress protector FOC... do you think it's a good buy?

P

:p

Canterbury is just a $100 more. Everything is same as westbury but the pillow top is thicker. I opt for westbury as canterbury may be too soft for my hubby.

Btw, where did you get the westbury from? Seems that there's quite a significant price drop. I paid abt $2700 but it comes with a free bed frame.

I

interested

hi all,

may i ask how much on average is a simmon's bed-frame or divan set?

N

newtosimmons

i got mine at the Simmons Gallery at Great World City. :p, yours look like a better bargain cos yours came with bed frame. mine's just the mattress.

interested, i was told that the bed-frame starts from $2599.

yvonne

hi newtosimmons,

i paid $2499 for my Simmons westbury mattress ..urs is really a good buy.. where did u get it from ??

hi :p, urs is a good deal too cos urs comes with a free bed frame.. i had to pay $700+ for my bedframe..

so total, my bed cost abt $3200+.. very ex lei..

i got mine from Spore Expo exhibition..
i went to takashimaya, they were also selling the westbury mattress at $2499.. i think the simmons mattress price are controlled.. so i think newtosimmons really got a good buy..

N

newtosimmons

hi yvonne,

thanks... but i was doubtful about it cos i read from the above thread that there seems to be alot of freebies and discounts. felt insecure after paying for it cos it was the first time we stepped into the simmons gallery (at great world city), and my FH just decided to buy on the spot, without even comparing any prices elsewhere. such impulse...

hey, but i'm interested to find out where you bought your bed frame? 700+ seems a reasonable price leh... i was at barang barang and Lami yesterday, all the bedframes there are above $1200, mostly around $1500

mex

Anyone bought the simmons "expedition" mattress ? What is the best price for king size ? went to the simmons gallery and was quoted $1900...
Would prices be cheaper at robinsons ?

W

woostock

At Robinson you'll get 5% off if you are Robinson card member and you can pay by 6 mths interest-free instalment. Only question is if this model is available there. They don't carry the full range.

C

chupachup

Hi mex

I bought the expedition mattress - queen size though for $1500+ and am paying in 12 mths installment free with Citibank. Yes, if you buy frm Robinsons u actually get additional 5% off if you're member. And even if they don't carry the stock there, you can try asking if they can order for u. I remember i went there once to look and the lady told me that they dont have all the models displayed due to space limitation but if we want a certain model, she can still order it for us but she asked us to look at the other showrooms. Don't rush and look for a good bargain. I didn't really get a good bargain bcos i bought frm a friend who was working at Simmons Gallery so pai seh to bargain la.
Btw, expedition is very good - highly recommended as it is somewhere like the lower end of the westbury/canterbury - soft on top and firm at the bottom. My hubby tunrs around quite a bit when he sleeps but the mattress is so firm that i don't feel it at all.

Have fun scouting!!

D

delannie

Hi all,

I saw one Cantebury Queen selling at $1990 which the sales promoter claim to be promotion. Is it cheap to buy?

There is another one that the night vision with bed frame which is only $1280.

Can someone advise whether is Cantebury a good price?

pucca

Hi there

What is the difference between Midnight Elegance($1399) &amp; Heritage($1499) under Simmons range?

D

delannie

Hi Pucca,

Sorry i can't comment much cos i have never seen any midnight elegance or heritage. By the way, you might want to check out Aero furnishing, they might be having a promotion!

D

delannie

Hi Pucca,

I called this place called Shanghai Heng Long Furnishing &amp; they are selling canterbury even cheaper. maybe you want to try calling them.

pinocchio

I remember last time Simmons mattress is imported from USA. Now the US dollar is so strong but the price of Simmons mattress is getting cheaper and cheaper in Singapore, are we still getting the USA quality mattress?

D

delannie

HI Pinocchio,

Which model did you bought? How much did you pay?

Is there any mattress imitation?

edde

hi all, dunno how true this is but the salesperson from simmons IMM told me that some furniture shops sell simmon mattresses at a lower price coz they took simmons display pieces of lower quality. you guys might wanna verify this before buying. those sold in departmental stores like robinsons and taka are housebrands, tho cheaper, they might not carry the full range.

C

chupachup

Hi Coco

Erm i can't remember if it's under beauty rest but i know it's called Expedition Firm and there's only 1 expedition firm model so shld be it. How much is it selling for now?

Try to get it from Robinsons if you're the card member cos i think they have quite good freebies.

D

delannie

HI Edde,

It is true? Aio, then i better be more careful! Thks for telling us!

BY the way, today Robinson got discount! $250 off Simmon mattress plus free pillows!

S

sleepwell

Hi Pinocchio

Now Simmons mattresses are made in malaysia. If they still sells the US version, they will be out of business.

edde

hi delannie, i cant cfm on that, juz what i heard from the salesperson from simmons IMM..guess she has no reason to bluff me coz i have already bought from her.