Simmons mattress - any advise?

molly

Hi Linda,

Would advise you to buy from Robinsons. They will give you refund if px drop b4 delivery but not at Simmons Gallery. This is my personal experience, bought from Gallery and talk to them several times on the refunds but they only willing to give me one item (protector/ pillow/ quilt cover)
not worth the diffce. A frend bought same model at same time as me at Robinson and got the px diffce of $200++ back.

winnie

Hi,

would just like to clarify and confirm, as the lady at Simmons Gallery where I bought the mattress told me that they will give a refund if the price drops. This is provided your mattress has not been delivered.

T

tautitu

Hi all

I went to Habourfront and booked a $2599 mattress.They have freebies like a bedframe with bedhead. Two pillows (worth $110 each) and a mattress protector... good buy ...look for Jenny.

Very worth it .

molly

Hi Winnie,

You confirmed they allow refund? Which Gallery? I have called up so many times but they refuse. Maybe becos mine is under the citibank credit card 12mth instalments. However, my frend buying from Robinsons also paying by 6mth instalments so dun understand why they allow refund for her but not for me. Can you confirm they also refund if you pay by instalments? If so, i will go back to them again since i still have not taken delivery of my mattress.

Anyway, for those buying from Gallery pls clarify on this otherwise will end up like me.

mouse

Hi all,

I liked backcare4, but find the price very steep. Any advice does beautyrest series offer similar firmness but more affordable ?

winnie

Hi Molly,

I bought mine from Simmons Gallery at Paragon. The 2 ladies there, Eleanor and Winnie are very helpful. I paid a deposit for my mattress, not with instalment, so I'm not very sure. But I asked them both many times if they are sure they will refund, they told me not a problem at all.

Personally, I feel there shouldnt be a difference whether it's instalment or not, there is still a price drop. U should really fight for the refund back. I'm in the service industry and I checked with my Finance Department that it's possible to do refund even for instalment cases, only thing is it involves a lot of admin work and to contact the banks. My guess is, depending on how nasty u r, they will do u a refund if u really asked for it. If not, the easy way out for them would be to compensate u the difference with other items they sell.

molly

Hi Winnie,

I also bought from Eleanor at Paragon. I called up several times and she told me that she called her manager and they cannot give me the refund as i paid using instalment. Really quite upset with it.

Initially thought of giving up already. Guess i should fight to get back the refund since i really dun need any items from them as already got mattress protector and pillows from them already. Thanks for your advise.

linda

Hi Winnie,

I went to Paragon gallery last weekend, only spoke to Marilyn and a smaller size lady with specs.

Very interested to get the Cherrington set at $2599 with bed frame + 2 pillows + protector. Will pay deposit 20%.

From your experience, is it really true that if the price of the mattress drops before delivery, even the Gallery will refund the difference in cash to you (not exchange for items).

Which mattress you bought ? But you don't pay full price for it at first rit, only a deposit.
The refund is only applicable after you have fully paid for the mattress. Otherwise if only deposit, will just need to top up a smaller amount if price drops. Rit ?

winnie

Hi Linda,

never met this lady when I was there. I visited the gallery for 3 times before I felt convinced to buy. heh! I bought the cherrington mattress too and paid deposit for it.

The lady, Eleanor assured that any price difference b4 delivery will be deducted from the remaining amount.

aplle

good morning,

if the gallery is able to provide such revision of the price, isn't it better to go there than Robinsons. also, robinsons does not carry all range, dunno will they have such price revisions or cheaper price than gallery.

seems gallery is much better !

hello winnie,

you saw eleanor at which gallery, i think i met a Eleanor at graet world city, a nice elegant lady around 40+. is it the same person.

winnie

Hi Aplle, I booked thru her while she was in Paragon ard last mth. Maybe she's in Great World now? Ya, she looks like she's in her 40s, very soft spoken and patient lady.
happy.gif

tots

Well, i think now with the GSS, Robinsons may have better discount pls check out. Also they allow you to pay by Robinsons card & 5% discount with 6mths instalments. However, do agree that Robinsons may not have the full range. But they do guarantee refund if price drop.

molly

hi Aplle,

I had quite a bad experience with Gallery over the refund issue. Find that they are very nice before you commit your purchase but after that another different story. I actually wanted to buy from Robinsons but they convince me at that time that its better to buy from Gallery as they are more flexible. But that is totally not the case.

I called them up about refund issue after my friend who bought at Robinsons told me she got her refund back (with no question ask). She bought same mattress as me at same price. I called Gallery, they say have to check about refund thing, only get back to me 3wks later and say cannot give refund.....

Anyway, my personal experience tells me that Gallery are very inflexible. very dissappointed with them

winnie

Hi Aplle,

I agree with tots to also check out Robinsons, in fact even if they do not have the set on display there in Robinsons, they will still take in the order from you and have it delivered. Pricing wise u need to compare for yourself for that same deal, is gallery better or robinsons.

I shopped ard a lot for my mattress b4 comitting at gallery becos' they happened to have a better deal than what robinsons was offering at that time (I enquired on the cherrington model and the promoter at robinsons wanted to order for me but the px she quoted was slightly more ex than gallery then).

So shop ard and try to find your own assurance ya.
happy.gif

winnie

Hi Molly,

just curious what was the model u bought? becos I realised that the models in Robinsons, Gallery don't carry...and vice versa.

molly

Hi Winnie,

I bought the Westbury King. I actually tried out the Westbury at Robinson and happen to pass by Gallery talk to the salesperson and got persuaded to order from them. They may not display it but they do sell the mattress.

winnie

I c, same concept like Robinsons then, dun display what I wanted but they will sell. Have u tried calling them again to ask for refund? I find it really unethnical that they do not give a refund!

molly

Hi Winnie,

Ya i will go down personally this weekend. Will try again but if they refuse guess i have really no choice. I am really not that type who will turn nasty and quarrel with them. For the last few times i just try to reason with them patiently but still to no avail.....

Anyway thanks alot for your concern and advise on this.

junetan

Hi Molly,

Saw that you bought the Westbury King size, how much you pay for it. Is it at $2488 in your previous thread? Is that the original price or after some discount / promotion.

I'm asking this cos the price is ~$3k last seen at robinson last weekend.

molly

Hi doodbug & June

I bought at $2,400++ after 5% discount plus a free mattress protector. In addition i bought 1 pillow and got 1 free . My friend also got the same deal at Rob, she is the one who told me the price is now $2,200++ at Robinsons GSS and got refund of $200++, altho Gallery didnt confirm they did say price fallen about $200 due to GSS. If any of you interested in buying pls do so now as the Robinsons GSS ending this wkend i think after that they will revert to original price of $3k++.

D

dallington

Hi June,

I think the price you saw should be before discount. There is a 25% + 10% and additional 5% discount for Rob cardholder. The price after discount for Westbury King shd be $2,200++

alaron

hi to all owners of westbury king,

i've just placed an order for a westbury king with a shop at Aljunied for $2,080. in fact, they are giving additional 10% disc off the promotional price compared to 5% disc for Robinson cardholder.

as delivery of mattress will take place only a few months later, I wonder if i can seek for a refund also in the event if the price drops further? any advice, Molly?

aiyoyo

hi alaron,

do u know what's the usual price for westbury king?

robinson is having promotion for backcare 1 and 2 only. 35% discount + 5% discount for robinson card holders. on this coming tuesday night only.

actually we cant decide to get beautyrest or backcare, now tt they're having backcare promotion, most likely we'll be getting backcare. i think after 40% discount, it costs ard $1600.

alaron

hi aiyoyo,

i think is abt $3K++ for a westbury king. perhaps u wld like to try the shop at Aljunied. they also offer whatever discount u will get in robinson but instead of getting just 5% for robinson card holders, they are giving 10% disc. so that works out to an additional 5% savings. accordingly to the salesperson, alot of people normally go to dept stores/gallery to find out on the models and then place order w them direct.

i bargained with them too and managed to get two king koil pillows free. still cheaper than buying from robinson - just that i can't pay by instalments.

fyi, besides selling simmons, they also carry other brands. u might like to go down there & see for yourself. the shop is besides CPA House.

aiyoyo

hi, can u give me the name or contact no. of tt shop? does the mattress u brought there comes with a warranty cert?
do u know what's their opening hrs on weekday?

molly

Hi Alaron,

$2k++ is really very cheap for Westbury King. According to salesperson, Simmons mattress prices are controlled so they cannot sell anything lower than the agreed prices from Simmons. Also was told that only Gallery & the departmental stores are authorised dealer for Simmons mattresses. You better check if they provide you with the 10yrs warranty as promised by Simmons not so sure of the reliability of buying from outside shop.

aiyoyo

hi alaron, tt's what i thk too. perhaps urs is a fake? i mean the mattress cld be really frm simmons but tt's w/o warranty as they do parallel import?

aiyoyo

hi found this from simmons.com.sg

Where else can I find Simmons products? A03
Some major dealers that retail Simmons products include Aero Furnishing, Silver River (at Paya Lebar), Hawaii Furnishing, Bed & Beddings, SCN Centre at Aljunied and Intermas Pacific at Park Mall.

so alaron, urs may not be fake if u bought it from SCN!!

aiyoyo

hi, i called up SCN centre. they've a website at www.themattresscentre.com

managed to ask for the prices:
(sorry if the spelling is not correct cos the lady who answered the phone is quite rude, wont make her repeat what she said even thou cant hear her pronunciation properly)

beautyrest (queen)
==========
westbury 2370
felicity 2000
expedition 1546

backcare (queen)
========
1 - 2000
2 - 2180

i thk most prob i shld be getting from robinsons becos they're now having promo on backcare 1 and 2. after 40% discount, left only ard $1600. even more cheaper than getting from SCN.

what do u all think?

alaron

hi aiyoyo,

i ordered the bed from the shop at SCN centre. they even showed me the price list faxed over by Simmons. so i guess it should also come w a 10yrs warranty then (though i didn't ask).

i think the lady whom we placed our order with is called either Evelyn/E-Lyn (can't remember exactly). can't remember clearly. just try.
anyway she is a nice lady. according to her, whatever promo simmons has in dept stores, also can find in their shop. so perhaps u can tell her that robinson is having this promo for backcare series and ask her how's the best price they can quote u loh.

meijia

Hi,

Taka having promo on Simmons mattress from now till 20 Oct.

Westbury Queen at $2105 and Cantebury Queen at $2173.

binbin

hi meijia, the promo only on queen size huh? i am looking for westbury king. how much is this price cheaper than simmons gallery?

jul

Hi Binbin

I'm also looking for Westbury King. Let's update each other if we come across any gd deals.

jul

Binbin

I'm gog down with my fiance to check out the Taka promo this weekend too.
happy.gif
I'll see if I can spare time to pop by the Paragon Simmons Gallery to compare prices as well.

binbin

hihi jul.
happy.gif
i checked out the taka one and it's $2492 for king. this is exactly the same as simmons gallery, so dun help us.. :p i think they control prices.....so unless u have robinson's card (which entitles u to further robinson's rebates or discounts) the simmons bed prices should be the same anywhere...
sad.gif

jul

Hi binbin

I checked out the price too. Yup, it's $2492 for Westbury King at every shop. I have the Robinsons card, so I'm gog down to Robinsons to make a booking today.

Do u have the Rob card?

meijia

Hi,

Expo is having home exhibition till 26 Oct. And simmons is there.

I have place deposit for a Canterbury Queen. Price is abt the same, $2166 but there is a free stool worth $99 and a free Simmons bed protector.

If your are free, can drop by
happy.gif

sabian

Hi

I bought a Sealy bed frame with my fiancee last month and my parents actually bought us the same frame as well!

They wanted to surprised us...well..they sure did!

As I have only one mattress, I need only one bedrame .

If you are looking for the 'Avana' bedframe from Robinsons,
(Synthetic leather, beige, king size) , do let me know.

I am letting it go for $880 (GST & Tpt fee included). Delevery can be from now till May

siralos

Recommendation to go to Liza of Danwell Agencies (near to old Paya Lebar fire station) to get Simmon's mattress. Very accomodative, excellent service and price-wise, I leave it to you to find out.

mich03

Hihi ....
This thread is so quiet now ... anyone became a Simmons owner recently?
happy.gif

I just bought a Canterbury King at IMM .... but seemed that i got it at a high-end price leh ...
sad.gif

Anyone care to share?

mich03

Hi Neth&Dear,

I am also not sure leh .. but i bought mine at $2549. If u got OCBC Robinsons card, they are having sale now + 5% off if u are their card holder. So, quite worth it. Think shld be able to get at $2463+.

Planning to get one?
happy.gif

xyz123

Hi,
for those interested in Simmons but budget constraint, can consider Aero Furnishing. Listed in Simmons website, Aero is also one of authorized distributors and it has more lower range series.
i just bought a Simmons Harmony (BeautyRest series) for $1299. They are having a promotion for the Expedition model (Do not Disturb series) at less than $1.4k.
We will very tempted with Expedition after trying out, but decided against it due to budget. The Expedition model is really nearly No Disturb.