Silhouette the Atelier

pinkapple

hi fish,

why will obiang leh? think Amanda will do a good job lah. think now u can start looking at websites, magz for teh type of gowns u like. then she can get a better idea.

fish

HI,

THanks for your advice.

I don't know whether to go for big gowns for EG or a straight cut one. Lace or embroidery...headache man...

pinkapple,

Is yours an off-white WG? I chose ivory but scared people think my gown turns yellow..Hee..hee..

piglet

Hi Fish

Talk to your designer abt what suits you. Think they'll have the eye to see which style complements you best. Lace or embroidery ... have a look at the gowns they bring out then you decide which ones you have a stronger liking to.

Is ivory off-white or even slightly more cream? I chose off white for my gown coz I'm rather tan. Thot it still looked really white on me.

pinkapple

Hi Fish,

I agree w piglet. let ya designer advise u.
happy.gif

as for my WG. actually I dunno izzit off-white, cream or ivory or what... heehee... no idea at all. =p

think it should b off-white lah

orchid

Hi piglet,

here's the list of white... from most white to least white:

white
off-white
ivory
cream

Mine is off-white. I just look funny in white - like too white. and I looked abit old in ivory & cream.

M

mar2003

It is true that Citibank has a 0% instalment plan with Silhouette? Please advise. Thanks.

Also can someone share with me their mtm package?

cherubies

Hi gals,

will be going down to silhouette on sat...
just wan to know which photographer does Silhouette ties up with?

thanks in advance for your help...

pinkapple

cherubies,

silhouette ties up w Chris Ling, Robin, Andrew Choi, Linn Kong, and more...

u'll get to see their ablum when u're there.

cherubies

thank you...
my church wedding will be at chijmes...
so far, for my wedding preparation, we have only booked chijmes... nothing else...
lame.gif

cherubies

hi pinkapple,

not yet leh...
no caterer yet...
ya lor, relax...
but hor, once i relax, i won't be able to pick up momentum liao... no gas...
rofl.gif

hee hee...

i'm looking forward to my visit to silhouette..
update u after my visit, okie?

orchid

Hi Cherubies,

U have lots of time!!
You can come with a schedule (eg. by what month confirm what item), and stick to it.
I did that and planning for my wedding was a breeze.

Silhouette doesn't really "tie up" with any of the photographers. they recommend some, but you'll need to speak to the actual photographer for price & package. One that they recommend is Wesley Loh of Memphiswest Pictures : http://www.memphiswest.com

orchid

Hi Mar2003,

yes, they have arrangement with Citibank to provide 6 mth interest free instalment.

For the packages... see various responses above.

twiggy

but most bridal studios that i went to eg Irene; Margaret; Ivory Aisle etc don't recommend corset. and i tried their gowns, din feel like they are slipping off. I did ask them whether i need to wear corset, and they say there's no need to coz they make the bones hold up the gown. I'm just wondering if Silhoutte can make the bustier gown stay without the corset.

orchid

I just saw Citibank's brochure... they didn't have Silhouette as part of the 0% interest thing. but I saw their ad in another brochure few months ago. Maybe it's a promotional thing. best if you can check with silhouette directly.

cherubies

Hi Orchid,

thanks!!!
hee hee.. ya i have lots of time..
need to do a wedding time plan soon...
plan to do a wedding planning diary too... but hope i can write alot...

D

delannie

HI ladies,

How much does a packgage that inclu WG, EG & photography cost usually?

orchid

Delannie,

Silhouette's WG alone is abt $1.8 - $2K
EG is abt $600.
Photography can cost $1,500 (not incl day photography)

So you should be prepared with about $4-5K.

cherubies

Hi pinkapple,

met miah...
he's so nice...
he let me try 3 gowns...and a kwa...
i love the second one... he even let me put on the accessories and a veil plus tiara...
this is the first boutique which gave me an overall look...

even my FH got to try on two suits, one chinese collar and one morning coat...tis is also his first time trying on the suits...

miah drew a sketch of my WG on the spot for me..
he's real good.
however,
sad.gif
the quote was too high for our budget (even aft without EG and photography).

pinkapple, thanks for your help!!!
kiss.gif

i must say silhouette should be a place where all brides-to-be should visit...

D

delannie

Hi Orchid,

What style of WG is Silhouette good at? Who should i contact if im interested to try out their gowns? How many designer are there?

Thanks...sorry so many questions
happy.gif

pinkapple

Delannie,

there's 3 designers at Silhouette: Minda, Miah, and Amanda. u can contact any1 of them. Or simply call n see who picks up the fone... heehee...

I just walked in and Minda attended to me so she's my designer loh.

as for what style... erm... I should use the word "grand". They do embroidery, lace and beads. all very nice. If u're having a grad wedding, this the place to go.

what says u, Orchid?

Just go down n try try. don't needa worry, they're not pushy at all. n the best thing is, like Cherubies said, they'll give u the overall look so u know what suits u n not. so in the end even if u don't choose them, u benefit from the seesion. ;)

pinkapple

cherubies.

wah. so good miah... let u try the kwa even.. =)

what items in the package r u looking at? n ya budget? if u don't mind sharing...

mayb u can try wedding present. I think it's cheaper.

cherubies

hi pinkapple,
ya lor... miah let me try the kwa..
free size one...cos me very big...

the items are:
a) WG mtm
b) suit otr
c) bouquet (foto and actual)
d) make up (trial, foto, actual day)
e) corsages
f) kwa otr
g) accessories

should be it... =0) actually my budget is abt 4k but there's nothing i can keep..=0P
unlike wp, shoes, eb, accessories... so terrible of me hor...

ya, i have signed with WP cos i'm be spending a bomb on my pixs...
hee hee

pinkapple

Hi cherubies,

yah. the kwa free size one... dunno if I can fit. I'm a bit on the small side.

oh. u sign w WP liao har? have u selected ya fotographer? Mine's Imagegarden. my fotoshot's end of this week!

when's ya wedding huh?

cherubies

Hi pinkapple,

same same!!!
me choosing imagegarden too...
big kiss for u...
kiss.gif

my fh and i love meng's work wen we saw the album at wp...that was the first and only album we seen of ig and we loved it...
we spoke to them last week and saw more albums.
i will be signing up with them next mon on studio/location n for acutal day as they are not free this week...

must show me your pixs ok?
next year i can show u mine too...

hee hee, mine is on 26 July 2003... saturday..

as for the kwa, hopefully they can do adjustment for you...
i think they have one small one... i saw a bride-to-be wearing it on sat and she looks good.
check with them, i sure they have your fit!!!

D

delannie

Hi pinkapple, i called up Silhouette yest. One lady pick up...she don't sound friendly
sad.gif
She told me that to MTM a WG, needs at least 8mths to 1 year....wow that is very long time...i can't wait for so long
sad.gif
Do they have a lot of brand new OTR gown that are really grand & beautiful?

pinkapple

Delannie,

sorry that u didn't get a nice fone call.

yah. they do have lotsa off-the-rack ones. new n grand. mine's off-the-rack.

make a apptm n get down for trying. free one. at most if they can't suggest anything suitable for u then go for another shop loh.
happy.gif

D

delannie

Hi Pinkapple,

Do i need to fix an appointment first before going down? Is it cheaper to get OTR. Who attended to you?

pinkapple

Hi delannie,

erm.. u dont have to fix an apptm I guess. I walked in the other time. but it'll b bette if u fix one... cos they might b v bz at time. so u'll have to wait a looooong time if u don't fix an apptm.

Minda attended to me. u might like to try the other 2 designers: Amanda + Miah (guy). They're less busy.

cherubies

Hi Delannie,

am surprised u got such a cold answer..
uhoh.gif

i called and miah picked up..
so he "entertained" me on my visit last sat...
lol.gif

wat pinkapple said is right, i was there on sat, they r very busy...there were abt 3 couples... then one couple sat down to wait... making an appt helps as they will be more accomodating.

i got to try OTR gowns... and they are lovely...
have fun...

lingz

hi all

rec'd a letter fm Amanda that she's leaving end of this mth!!!
sad.gif

mentioned will hand over my designs n needs to the rest of the team..noted tt there's one unfamiliar name on the letter - Heath Yeo...hmmm Delannie, could she be the one who pick ur call??...jus a guess

oh no..suddenly abit worried...

fish

Hi flowy

I kena also cos Amanda is my designer. Well, hope things will turn out well ...Actually I dun mind MInda or Miah taking over cos they are nice also. As for Heath...er...dunno never heard b4

pinkapple

Hi flowy & fish,

hey don't worry. everything will try out find. since they're using the same mat'l n all. n ya design oso done liao rite? workmanship-wise I think no prob... cos I believe quite a bit of the sewing oso done by the other pp.

flowy, did u ask Amanda where she's going?

D

delannie

Hi flowy, i didn't ask for her name cos she sound impatient...i was surprised to got this cold call too as i always have the impression that Silhouette is really professional & helpful ...maybe i just called at the wrong time!
Don't worry, things will be fine...maybe this new gal can give more creative ideas to you
happy.gif

fish

Hi all,

For those who are having Miah as their designer, can share your experience???

Reason being he's now my designer with Amanda's departure. Want to know if he's easy to work with.

Hi flowy,

Have you found out who;s your designer? I think we reserve the right to choose who we want rather than to leave them to pick a designer for us.

Just a thot.

lingz

Hi Fish

called today but Amanda was on leave...hehe... guess clearing her leave...

happened tt Miah pick my call..after reassuring me, he told me he will take over...not sure it he's being assigned to take over or decided tt he take over when he pick my call

ya...like to know how's Miah like...anybody using Miah out there??

no leh, pinkapple, din get to find out..

actually, not worry on the mat'l and workmanship...the thing is not sure if the design can be put across...(not sure if u noe wat i meant) afterall, Amanda is the one who design ma..

M

mzbee

Hi Flowy & Fish,

Miah's my designer and so far he has been rather patient and helpful. Not to worry.

pinkapple

Hi girls,

went to Silhouette to collect my gown on Wednesday.

saw Miah working on this turqiouse (howta spell?) evening gown... so beautiful... i wish they had this gown when I was selecting my evening gown..
=p

fish and flowy,

I think Miah's a nice chap. so far each time when Minda's bz, he always come over to help me with little things like the length of my gown, then can-can size, etc.

so don't worry lah.

pinkapple

Oh. Starlight,

I was there in the evening ard 7. got 2 brides there... or mayb 3. only 2 doing trial makkup.

so how did yours go?? whoz ya makkup artiste?