Si Chuan Dou Hua Restaurant

homi

RainQQ,
U r welcome!

My frenz exactly 20 tables but mine 18. Individual perference ba...my frenz and me share the same thought we cannot pleased everyone. Nowaday ppl very fussy they will pin point the food, location, ambience & layout when go for others wedding dinner. So we put our liking priority, guests 2nd.

Hmmm...maybe ur mom and FH scared the guests will be left out, not easy to entertain all of them with the layout & organise sitting will be a pro if particular who and who shld sit together.

sweetcloud

hi ladies!

i m seriously interested in doing my banquet at Sichuan douhua Restaurant uob outlet. can share your packages with me?
thanks!

corvette

Hi to all former SCDH brides,
Saw from the previous entries most pple have very good comments about their food & services, but those are quite sometimes postings.
Any brides from last year or this year that have their wedding in SCDH, please share your experience.

Thank you very much.

snowger

Hi Sweet Cloud,

I have booked my ROM at Sichuan Douhua UOB this June, will be booking at Grand Park Royal this weekend. The Sichuan Dou Hua also catering to the hotel. Heard the reviews on the net the food's pretty good.

snowger

Hi Sweet Cloud,

I have booked my ROM at Sichuan Douhua UOB this June, will be booking at Grand Park Royal this weekend. The Sichuan Dou Hua also catering to the hotel. Heard the reviews on the net the food's pretty good.

maah~

hi corvette,

just held my wedding banquet there end last year. comments from my guests (relatives/parents' frens/own frens) were that the food is very delicious and fresh, so you need not worry about this aspect. if you find anything too spicy, you can always ask the chef to adjust to your liking. ambience wise, i believe the decor speaks for itself. if you're looking for a contemporary chinese restaurant, this is one venue you can consider.the one headache issue which most will go through (i believe), is the march-in and seating planning. for those who've been to the place, you'll notice the highly segregated venue. in any case, what we did was we held our reception on the transfer floor 38th storey, ie. cocktail reception, march-in, cake cutting, champange pouring, speech, video montage. we even did our yum seng there. consider this a more interesting/unique reception than the usual ballroom programme: montage, 1st march-in, dinner, 2nd march-in, bride/groom give speech, take photos.... the plus abt having ur recep at 38th flr is you get to do it with the singapore city skyline as the backdrop, i believe you can choose to do march-in from behind the lifts or even from the escalator up from 37th flr... =D after our guests got seated at the restaurant, we did our 2nd march in, basically just a tour around the entire restaurant to let everyone get a glimpse of us. hope my experience will give u an idea of what u're looking for... ;)

doggiel

hi,

I have a Grand Plaza Parkroyal Package to let go. The food is provided by Sichuan Dou Hua Restaurant. I'm letting go at a discount with good perks. so ur guests can still enjoy Sichuan Dou Hua's good food, but at GPPR's pillarless grand ballroom setting with high ceiling. (Min 25 tables)
Email me at [email protected] if you're interested. Thanks!

hazel88

Hi.

I've booked the one at Plaza Parkroyal. Was attracted by the nice deco in the restaurant. Completed renovation recently.

kathzz

Hi I'm interested to have my dinner at Si Chuan Dou Hua. I understand that they have 3 restaurants - Plaza Parkroyal, Grand Plaza Parkroyal and UOB. Which do you recommend? Does anyone have pictures of their dinner at any of these 3 restaurants to share?
If so can email to [email protected]

Thanks!

teacup

i just went to GPPR today. they told me the max table they can hold is 21. i thou it is a bit cramp. can anyone share pic or feedback?

dozy

Hi all,

I just had my wedding dinner at GPPR last sunday.
I had 16 tables (just nice for the restaurant size), food was great. Most of my guests commented the food taste good and special.

The only thing i felt was the stage was rather small but i am fine with that. Service and coordination was good.

Hope my comments helps some of u on deciding on the venue.

Cheers
happy.gif

pinkycat

Hi Tea

I went to GPPR on 6 June 2006 to check out the ballrm n Vera (co-ordinator) tolde me that the max tables is ard 30 incl reserves. But I find tat 30 tables is totally very cramped coz the march-in is short n narrow. So i guess I prefer ard 26 tables incl 2 reserves wld be better
happy.gif

I'm considering the GPPR
happy.gif
btw, who's yr co-ordinator?

ecym

Hi all,

for those having ballroom at GPPR ballroom, their food will be catered by Si Chuan Dou Hua rite? Did they quote you based on the hotel ballroom rate or the Si Chuan Dou Hua's rate?

celestial_star

Hi Everyone!!

I have also booked with SCDH - UOB branch on 8th October this year.
Elchwong, you can opt for their wedding packages if you have 10 tables and above. The dinner packages range from $538+++, $568+++ or $608+++
Unfortunately, I only have 6-8 tables so I had a bit of trouble negotiating a good package with Linda. For example, tea pouring will be $4/per guest, soft drinks is $8/per guest and there is no free wedding favor and etc....

I think the place is pretty nice, got nice views and the food is great. I'm still deciding whether to have 8 or 9 course meal. Linda says they have big serving so 8 should be enough but i'm afraid that my guest will think not enough.

Also, like what DoDo has mentioned, I'm also worried about is where to put the stage and plus where to put the VIP table...i'm not keen to put VIP in the half consealed area where 2 tables are....coz all the guest can't see me....any advice on the setting of the room?

nicki

it has been a yr since i had my wedding there. as promised in the contract there will be set dinner for two to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary at Sichuan Dou Hua Restaurant at TOP of UOB Plaza1....before my anniversary came i called to remind the person in charge, she told me will post the voucher out...later when the date is near i sms her again & again(no reply) as she seems to avoid my calls....very disapponted with her "bo chap" attitude....initially when we signed up she was a very nice, friendly & helpful lady after everything was paid her behaviour change...til now no sign of the voucher...all was juz an empty promise....regret to sign up....

kristle

hi ecym,
i was quote the hotel rate.. But when i was at the brideasia fair last month. SCDH at beach road told me that if i had 25 tables and above i can use the ballroom foc and follow the restaurant rate..
any more updates from your side?

hiyur

HI Kristle,

I went to the brideasia fair and the SCDH also said I could use their ballroom and follow restaurant rate. Btw, when is your wedding?

Mine will be in 2008.

HI vincee

I wanted to go to the SCDH at coleman to see their place but no time yet. Have you been? Is so, can share experience with me?

kristle

Hi hiyur,
My FH is looking in year 2008 too. However when i ask for a quotation for GPPR at coleman street, they quote me hotel rates cater by SCDH.
SCDH in Coleman street itself did not reply to my email though.. so i can't compare the price or whether will it be like beach road that allow us to use the ballroom.

zenusorion

hi all...
The coordinator of SCDH also said I could use their ballroom and follow restaurant rate when I enquire last year... But later, I realised that usage of hotel ballroom is only applicable if the hotel ballroom has not been booked... Was quite upset cos the coordinator was not very forthcoming in helping us and very slow in her response time...
sad.gif

However, I really like their food, so am still unsure of what to do...
sad.gif

kate_boon78

Hi

I have also booked SCDH at Plaza Park Royal since last year for my this yr Sept wedding & the co-ordinator is quite fast in our response & helpful too, I am using the hotel ballroom using the restautant rate. Do you write email to her or call her? I also like their food too....

zenusorion

Hi,
I emailed and sms her..
sad.gif
I looked for her last year.. M planning to have my AD in 6 Jan 08...

Will u mind emailing me at [email protected] the contact of your coordinator?? Like to know if it's the same person?? If it's not then I prob try contacting your coordinator...

Thank thank...

kristle

SCDH is off my list. they are getting slow or no response at all and it seem that their rates are getting higher and is not competitive to restaurant rates at all. After all the plus, avg of $800 per table. my friend gotten herself at regent hotel for that same price too.

bridesept08

Hi Queen,

GPPH at Coleman Street, the co-ordinator tell you that max can put 35 tables but when i went there to see the layout for the other couple wedding, they have 27+2R place quite cramped liao.. & i have ard 29+2R think more squeezy...had paid deposit liao cox i signed up at the bridal show many perks.. nw i intend to strike off names frm my namelist to attain min 26 tables... sigh!

summer1979

Hi all,

I would like to dropby SCDH to discuss & view the ballroom
How do i get to SCDH?
If i am taking mrt , any walking needed?

Cheers,Summer

swallowtail

Hi Summer, which branch are you talking about? If it is the one at UOB plaza, then take mrt to raffles place. its 60f UOB plaza.

swallowtail

Me tentatively thinking of booking SCDH. Hve place an unconfirmed booking, but will go down to take a look at a wedding to be held soon.
This thread abit quiet recently...
waiting for current comments and feedback on scdh couples..
happy.gif

lcsching

Hi all,
I just had my wedding dinner 2 weeks ago at Sichuan Douhua UOB Plaza but went for honeymoon straight after so was only able to post some comments now that I am back in sg.

From the first time we met the restaurant manager, Linda, to discuss how wedding dinners are held in the restaurant (1.5 year ago) til the actual day wedding dinner itself, we experienced impecable service and wonderful food.

When we first met Linda, her ability to converse in cantonese, chinese and english and her extremely friendly nature wowed us over as she explained details of wedding dinners and showed us around the restaurant. We went back a second time to try the food usually served during wedding dinner and she kindly charged us only 4 persons share (there were 5 of us) and get the food to be served in smaller portions so that we can try as many types of food as possible (she even served the shark fin soup with and without hasama so that we can see if it still tastes nice without it). She collected feedbacks and even tested the mushroom dish (and had a chat with her chef) when we commented that the mushroom tasted a bit bitter. Note here that we have not as yet committed to having a wedding dinner at the restaurant.

Pleased with the service, food and contract, we met up a few more times before signing the contract. After signing of the contract, we continued to meet up with Linda to discuss some finer details and arrangements. Each time we met, Linda was sure to serve us the 8 treasure tea and often added on some desserts without us asking for them and without charging us. i.e. her attitude and service did not change with the signing of the contract.

As the wedding drew near, Linda helped a lot to reassure us by planning our wedding dinner (events to be held during the dinner) and offering to manage the whole dinner during the actual day (though she had to travel overseas often to manage some projects).

The actual wedding dinner went very smoothly - our helpers only have to manage the reception table. Linda's suggestion that the parents march before the bridal couple at the start of the dinner was very well received and both parents were very happy about the march. Guests find the pouring of 8 treasure tea fascinating and complimented the food served during the dinner.

Overall, we are extremely pleased with Sichuan Douhua UOB Plaza and are very glad that we chose the restaurant as our venue for the dinner. The wedding dinner (other than coming up with guest list) was the least of our worries and we believed that Linda and her restaurant played a very big part in reducing our wedding stress. We would greatly recommend the restaurant. However, do take note of the layout of the restaurant - it is divided into 2 major areas so showing of videos or photos in the restaurant might not be feasible (though access to the 38th floor as a reception area will be provided if a certain number of tables is met in the contract).

freya

Hi Key

Congratulations and Thanks for sharing your experience.

Do you mind to share your banquet package (how many tables, and what the package includes)? Any photos to share?

May I also have the contact number to Linda? I intend to have my banquet at Sichuan douhua next June..

Thanks.

lcsching

Hi beverly,

Thanks for the congrations
happy.gif

I would recommend that you check out the packages with Linda as we signed our contract more than 1.5 years ago so it is most probably outdated. As for the contact number, you can call the restaurant at 65356006 and ask for Linda.

deldel

i am thinking of booking the SCDH restaurant at parkroyal. anyone been to any weddings over there recently?

plainvanilla

Hi
I have an attractive package at Si Chuan Dou Hua at UOB Plaza to transfer. The price is at $568 +++ (menu A), with three upgraded dishes to menu B (more expensive menu). We signed this last year so the price is cheaper compared to this year (now $598+++/table). The date is 4 Oct 2008 but it's open date, can discuss with the manager. Manager of the restaurant is flexible and quite pleasant to work with. You can negotiate on which item you do not want and can exchange with other things.

The menu can be found here :
http://www.sichuandouhua.com/pdf/TOP_Wedding_Package.pdf

Package includes the following :
* nine course menus
* free flow of soft drink and eight treasure tea till end of event
* waive of corkage charge for duty paid hard liquor brought in
* wedding invitation cards based on 80% of guaranteed attendance
* Free parking coupon based on 20% of guaranteed attendance
* guest signature book
* wedidng favors
*1 barrel of 20 litres of local beer for min guarantted booking 15 tables and above
* purchase of house wine at special price of $25 ++ per bottle
* complimentary bottle of champagne
* complimentary fresh floral deco arrangement and dry ice effect for wedding march in
* complimentary one night's stay in our deluxe room at Plaza Parkroyal Singapore with breakfast for min guaranteed booking of 15 tables and above.
* complimentary first wedding anniversary set dinner voucher for 2 persons in any of SCDH restaurant
* complimentary $200 voucher sponsored by St Gregory Javana Spa

Pls email me at [email protected] if you're keen.

Thanks.

cynling

Hi brides-to-be,

i have slightly more than 100 extra blank wedding invitation cards & envelopes to give away free. the design of the card, is a pair of mandarin ducks printed at the front of the card. The color of the card is red in color
happy.gif
do pm me if u are interested. Thanks

w3ngal

anymore recent review/ updates/ comments of this restaurant? so quiet here. i feel the food looks delicious.

w3ngal

are they open to changes of the wedding package menu? the food is cantonese food? seems like the packages is pretty affordable. any AD pics to share? thanks!

greengal

i think they are quite open. approach them for the changes. food is sichuan style i think? ours was that time grand plaza park royal there; now change management le. so i guess not relevant. but had great reviews from guests about the food =) hth

imangel

Hi,I had my wedding in SCDH Restaurant UOB in Nov 2008. It is great! Highly recommended! Linda is so flexible! We also have the shifu to pour tea for us.And they cut the Peking duck in front of each table.I do not want any beer, door gift. complimentary spa voucher,first yr anniversary dinner voucher.So Linda allow me to add in the Peking duck in the menu for free!I do not have any emcee as it was only a small wedding affair and Linda ask one of her staff to be the emcee.Really good!She also make sure that me and my hb are well taken care of and she taught us how and where to walk when the wedding starts.Really a great effort of her and her staff.