Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel

frostybeige

One thing to note about Sheraton is that the customer service seems quite poor. They take an average of 3 days to respond to one email (after a follow up to chase). For my second enquiry email before I booked with them, a week went by without any reply. Happened to my friend too.

And my impression is that wedding events seem to be a "part-time job" (at least for my coordinator) and they have more important matters to attend to, which really shouldn't be the case. And I've been the proactive one in getting the timeline of when things should be done. The responses I've received have also been unenthusiastic at best.

Really wonder if I just sit back and relax would anything even get done.

Using SingaporeBrides app

lv17

Got the same sentiments. Had to follow up my emails with calls in order to get a reply. They are pretty nice on the phone but were not able to meet weekday evenings or weekends as they do not OT. Food wise i think they are not bad.

I'm really surprised to see all the recent bad reviews cos I just had my wedding in Dec 2014 and I found Sheraton to be excellent. My sales manager Sabrina was very responsive whenever I emailed her and she could meet us on the weekends (I think they are rostered so they don't work every weekend though). The wedding day went v smoothly too. My banquet manager was excellent, I didn't manage to get his name but he really made the whole process go super smoothly. They also gave us a function room for the tea ceremony and provided tea. When we had "leftover" guests to do tea ceremony for during the banquet and after the banquet, they also willingly brought out all the teapot, cups & tea and helped us to proceed. Our wedding favors were the passport cover and a cup, and I didn't hear any guests complain about the cup being chipped. Guests said the food was good as well. But we did have lots of leftover wine... I thought it was because our guests don't really drink that much but now that I see the above feedback, maybe they were slow to refill drinks... but I must say I am really happy to have signed up with Sheraton during the wedding fair. The perks were much better than the other hotels on my shortlist.

Yui

I'm holding my banquet with Sheraton in Oct'15 & so far the experience is good. Just had food tasting today as my HTB will be overseas most of the time for next 6 months. I think the staff was very friendly & considerate. They even set up an additional small table as we have some small kids with us. I hope they will maintain the level of service on actual day. :)

funshinelove

I'm really surprised to see all the recent bad reviews cos I just had my wedding in Dec 2014 and I found Sheraton to be excellent. My sales manager Sabrina was very responsive whenever I emailed her and she could meet us on the weekends (I think they are rostered so they don't work every weekend though). The wedding day went v smoothly too. My banquet manager was excellent, I didn't manage to get his name but he really made the whole process go super smoothly. They also gave us a function room for the tea ceremony and provided tea. When we had "leftover" guests to do tea ceremony for during the banquet and after the banquet, they also willingly brought out all the teapot, cups & tea and helped us to proceed. Our wedding favors were the passport cover and a cup, and I didn't hear any guests complain about the cup being chipped. Guests said the food was good as well. But we did have lots of leftover wine... I thought it was because our guests don't really drink that much but now that I see the above feedback, maybe they were slow to refill drinks... but I must say I am really happy to have signed up with Sheraton during the wedding fair. The perks were much better than the other hotels on my shortlist.
Hey Celest, mind sharing your perks with me? Cos I am thinking of signing with Sheraton . My email is [email protected]

Denise Tan

Hi!:)

I just went to Sheraton's wedding showcase.. The place looks really grand but the L shaped ballroom was much of a disappointment:( It looks small to fit 42tables actually but I know it's able to.. It's just the overall feel. The main area was perfect.. Anyone has got experience with the low ceiling side? Any feelings and thoughts?>.< Help needed!! Thanks:)

Wedding Planner

Low ceiling is not a problem as there is no necessity to have a high ceiling just to have a meal. Furthermore, most guest stay in HDB flats with low ceilings and they are happy with it.

funshinelove

Denise: I think they have projector screens there, and the stage will be placed in a diagonal manner so that people at the other side can see.

Brendazvous

Hi all, can anyone share your perks or packages with Sheraton? Would be great to hear from couples that held their wedding at Sheraton recently especially in 2015, i'm shortlisting Sheraton after viewing the ballroom, feeling excited about the food! Kindly send me at [email protected] Thank You!

Hi people, has anyone successfully transferred a package to someone else before? We were told it is not possible at the wedding show but I'm wondering if it's negotiable. We have not signed the contract yet.

Pillowcase

Hi all, just finished my wedding :)

As our expectations were based on what a Starwood family could offer us, I could really write an essay but for the sake of everyone, I'll narrow it down in points.

Pros
1) Catering Sales Manager @ Sabrina. Although we had many managers quit on us the last minute (heard the turnover is normal) but luckily our final manager Sabrina was really prompt in her replies and calls.

2) Banquet Manager @ Muru. The usual process of assigning the banquet manager to you would only come a few days before your actual banquet due to their rosters (I guess). He was very responsible and punctual in briefing and understanding our needs. Worked with the AV guys and cues perfectly. Our only regret was not asking him to feedback accordingly regarding the sound system (stated below)

3) Catering to the maximum-comfort of our guests, we were able to do a 2-aisle walk-in, so both sides could be able to partake in welcoming us in.

Feedback
1) The sound system is extremely soft. (will not say further because the blame actually keeps getting pushed around, but please do your own sound-checks accordingly and TRIPLE-ensure that ALL guests at different spots of the L-shaped ballroom can hear you loud and clear. I think it's better to be overly-loud than nobody can hear you at all. there goes our videos, speeches and band)

2) Food from Li Bai restaurant was really surprising. Out of 8 dishes we had, about 5 were ..... meh? Not BAD per se but just.... passable? The codfish and rice were commendable. Else.. well... I really hope it was a one-time oopsie as Li Bai is not a bad restaurant in a normal dine-in setting, not so much on catering for over 300+ guests?

3) As with many other Sheraton brides, the banquet staff were not exactly attentive or prompt. We also had a huge leftover of wines which we then got feedback from guests were that the staff occasionally "forgot" to come back with the drinks or refills. Heard it was 1 staff assigned to 3-4 tables. Perhaps they were trying to save our alcohol? But the normal drinks were affected as well so... hmmm

4) Quite a lot of hiccups every now and then, but not worth mentioning as they got resolved eventually (with much panic)

5) Please note that it's pretty dim everywhere. It's good for couples who like a more vintagey feel?

Even though most of the cons came from our own guests (after the dinner), we must say that the day really did go uneventfully well for the bridal couple (us). The schedule was well-kept and everyone enjoyed themselves in company. Surprisingly the lower-ceiling part of the ballroom looked better then the high-ceiling area. We do not regret choosing Sheraton but if we could change the past, we would have paid more attention to look out for the volume and staff energy.

Hope this helps!
P.s. we signed for a normal banquet package. no roadshows or perks.

bngak

Hi all, just finished my wedding :)

As our expectations were based on what a Starwood family could offer us, I could really write an essay but for the sake of everyone, I'll narrow it down in points.

Pros
1) Catering Sales Manager @ Sabrina. Although we had many managers quit on us the last minute (heard the turnover is normal) but luckily our final manager Sabrina was really prompt in her replies and calls.

2) Banquet Manager @ Muru. The usual process of assigning the banquet manager to you would only come a few days before your actual banquet due to their rosters (I guess). He was very responsible and punctual in briefing and understanding our needs. Worked with the AV guys and cues perfectly. Our only regret was not asking him to feedback accordingly regarding the sound system (stated below)

3) Catering to the maximum-comfort of our guests, we were able to do a 2-aisle walk-in, so both sides could be able to partake in welcoming us in.

Feedback
1) The sound system is extremely soft. (will not say further because the blame actually keeps getting pushed around, but please do your own sound-checks accordingly and TRIPLE-ensure that ALL guests at different spots of the L-shaped ballroom can hear you loud and clear. I think it's better to be overly-loud than nobody can hear you at all. there goes our videos, speeches and band)

2) Food from Li Bai restaurant was really surprising. Out of 8 dishes we had, about 5 were ..... meh? Not BAD per se but just.... passable? The codfish and rice were commendable. Else.. well... I really hope it was a one-time oopsie as Li Bai is not a bad restaurant in a normal dine-in setting, not so much on catering for over 300+ guests?

3) As with many other Sheraton brides, the banquet staff were not exactly attentive or prompt. We also had a huge leftover of wines which we then got feedback from guests were that the staff occasionally "forgot" to come back with the drinks or refills. Heard it was 1 staff assigned to 3-4 tables. Perhaps they were trying to save our alcohol? But the normal drinks were affected as well so... hmmm

4) Quite a lot of hiccups every now and then, but not worth mentioning as they got resolved eventually (with much panic)

5) Please note that it's pretty dim everywhere. It's good for couples who like a more vintagey feel?

Even though most of the cons came from our own guests (after the dinner), we must say that the day really did go uneventfully well for the bridal couple (us). The schedule was well-kept and everyone enjoyed themselves in company. Surprisingly the lower-ceiling part of the ballroom looked better then the high-ceiling area. We do not regret choosing Sheraton but if we could change the past, we would have paid more attention to look out for the volume and staff energy.

Hope this helps!
P.s. we signed for a normal banquet package. no roadshows or perks.

Hi! Thanks for your review! I would be having my wedding there next month too. Very excited. I'd like to check with u on how your two aisle march in was like. Did you and your groom come in from different aisle? Or u used different aisle for first and second match in? Also, how many red carpet did they provide you with? I have checked with my coordinator and she said only 6 flower stands are provided, so I dunno how to spilt it if I would like two aisles.

Pillowcase

Hi bngak!

Congrats, I can feel your excitement :)

We (together) did 1st march in from the higher ballroom side, then 2nd march in from the shorter ballroom side.

They would only provide 1 red carpet - if you'd like to add 1 more, they would charge you as they have request etc. I personally think it's fine to go without any red carpet for 2nd march in if from the shorter ceiling one.

2 stands are already placed beneath the stage. So the other 4 are mainly placed along the lower-ceiling aisle.

joycelynn

One thing to note about Sheraton is that the customer service seems quite poor. They take an average of 3 days to respond to one email (after a follow up to chase). For my second enquiry email before I booked with them, a week went by without any reply. Happened to my friend too.

And my impression is that wedding events seem to be a "part-time job" (at least for my coordinator) and they have more important matters to attend to, which really shouldn't be the case. And I've been the proactive one in getting the timeline of when things should be done. The responses I've received have also been unenthusiastic at best.

Really wonder if I just sit back and relax would anything even get done.

Using SingaporeBrides app

I have to agree, cause before I met their coordinator over the weekend I already had to chase them for an appointment etc. Slow in replies and always not accommodating to our available timings, we had to give in to their timings and take leave just to meet up with them.. Felt like they weren't giving us any service when we went down to discuss their wedding package as well. So many restrictions and so stingy in their perks.. Everything have to get approval.. Not sure if I have such a hard time now, how will it be like after I sign their package. Coordinator is S.

I have to agree, cause before I met their coordinator over the weekend I already had to chase them for an appointment etc. Slow in replies and always not accommodating to our available timings, we had to give in to their timings and take leave just to meet up with them.. Felt like they weren't giving us any service when we went down to discuss their wedding package as well. So many restrictions and so stingy in their perks.. Everything have to get approval.. Not sure if I have such a hard time now, how will it be like after I sign their package. Coordinator is S.
The coordinator i met with was very friendly. Not sure who u met with.
Gerrayn was prompt in replying emails. Though my banquet wasnt confirmed due to waiting approval from her boss. I have to give credit to her excellent explanation and hospitality.

joycelynn

The coordinator i met with was very friendly. Not sure who u met with.
Gerrayn was prompt in replying emails. Though my banquet wasnt confirmed due to waiting approval from her boss. I have to give credit to her excellent explanation and hospitality.

I see.. looks like the service level is different depending on the coordinators. And your banquet is not confirmed yet cause its in 2017? Mind to share your perks?

I see.. looks like the service level is different depending on the coordinators. And your banquet is not confirmed yet cause its in 2017? Mind to share your perks?
Hi dont really have the perks as i only have 8 tables with them and they haven confirm my banquet yet. She is flexible in bringing your own wine and able to increase number of complimentary carpark coupons.. If u have more tables with them they may give u more perks

hazel_lim

I just held my wedding lunch at Sheraton towers. I will NOT recommend this hotel for couples who are considering this hotel for their big day. Just feedback to the hotel and am waiting for them to reply now.

lovelybaby

I just held my wedding lunch at Sheraton towers. I will NOT recommend this hotel for couples who are considering this hotel for their big day. Just feedback to the hotel and am waiting for them to reply now.

ohmy! what happen? care to share? I'm going down to view the venue this week.

Oh no thats my first choice to hold my wedding and waiting for them to reply on my banquet..i think its hard to choose a venue with only positive feedback. To each his own we have different expectations...nonetheless pls share your experience

joycelynn

Hi Hazel, hope you can share your experience as I am planning to book with them as well for my wedding next year. Interested to know how you feel about their bridal suite too. Read reviews that they were old and small, with antique pictures that looked creepy..

Hi all, we just had our wedding dinner few days ago and we felt the overall experience and service from hotel staff in general was quite good. Our coordinator, Ryan, and banquet manager, Mei Yi, were very responsive and thoughtful, though ours was only a 11 table affair. Everything went smoothly, including AV. Foodwise, we had some mixed comments (some loved it but some said normal). Someone also said portions too small (maybe cos half the table were guys, but actually we did hear about this before).

Hi all, we just had our wedding dinner few days ago and we felt the overall experience and service from hotel staff in general was quite good. Our coordinator, Ryan, and banquet manager, Mei Yi, were very responsive and thoughtful, though ours was only a 11 table affair. Everything went smoothly, including AV. Foodwise, we had some mixed comments (some loved it but some said normal). Someone also said portions too small (maybe cos half the table were guys, but actually we did hear about this before).
Hi congrats on wedding! I think food wise different ppl hv diff taste so if there are no negative reviews i wouldnt be too concerned..

yinghui_

Hi @kinkedtail, can you share more about your banquet experience with Sheraton? I'm a BTB in 2017, and just went for their wedding show over the weekend. Tried their cod fish, pipa duck but it did not meet my expectations, so I'm rather worried.

Also, how was their bridal suite? I've seen the pics and it seemed old with alot of vintage pictures. Thanks in advance!

Hi still pending a reply on your statement here in this thread on sheraton hotel. Care to share?

Hi @kinkedtail, can you share more about your banquet experience with Sheraton? I'm a BTB in 2017, and just went for their wedding show over the weekend. Tried their cod fish, pipa duck but it did not meet my expectations, so I'm rather worried.

Also, how was their bridal suite? I've seen the pics and it seemed old with alot of vintage pictures. Thanks in advance!

Hello, sorry for the late reply as I no longer visit the forum often.

Any specific areas u like to know? It was overall v smooth sailing for us.

We were also happy because we were the only couple that day so we had the whole reception area and could use the small part of the big ballroom.

The normal bridal suite is not very big compared to other hotels. We were very lucky because we got an upgrade as all their usual suites for wedding couples were taken up. So the one we got was really big, bright and spacious with high ceiling including chandeliers. One of our friends who came to visit commented that hers (Carlton hotel) was the same size so I guess the normal suite is quite small (small living room plus bedroom, two toilets).

We liked quite a few dishes at the wedding show, that was a major factor in our decision. But some dishes were not great during our food tasting and we made some modifications which luckily turned out better.

Plus the location is really convenient for guests.

stephers

Hi everyone, does anyone have reviews on having a 25-30 table banquet at Sheraton towers? Love the ballroom but Im concerned about the L shape ballroom and guests being left out at the back. Also heard the lightings give great effects, not sure if anyone can testify to that? :)

Thanks!

toxicandy

Hello everyone, I am considering Sheraton Towers for my wedding banquet next year. Are there any recommendations on whom I should look for and if any BTBs can share with me on the perks provided?

Vivi Tan

Hi everyone, I just had my wedding lunch on 12june..overall the experince was pleasant for me n my hubby. We like to compliment our coordinator jacelyn..highly recommend couple to look for her if u shortlist Sheraton as your choice to hold your wedding banquet. Every details was taken care of like food tasting, av testing, deco

Vivi Tan

Just to add..jacelyn was very responsive and attentive to our needs..every request we made was delivered. Food is good as well. Most of the guests feedback to us that that enjoy it. Overall thumb up for Sheraton!

Emily7

We didn't take up Sheraton because the smaller ballroom is too small for us and we're no where near the number needed for the grand ballroom, but I had a very good experience with the Sales Manager Wei Li, who is very attentive and experienced.

mystifiede

Hi all, I’m looking to book Sheraton for next year. Any good coordinators to recommend? Currently speaking with one but she gave us wrong info about pricing and is not very transparent either.

Any pointers to take note of and look out for?

Has anyone done their solemnisation at the waterfall area? I’m concerned that the waterfall noise might drown out our vows. Wondering if the AV system good as well - for both ballroom and waterfall area.

Appreciate all your suggestions!

starryx

Just to pen these notes for future couples to be more mindful.

We had our Wedding Solemnisation recently @ Sheratons.

1) Solemnisation area was doubled booked
2) ‎Despite already shifting our solemnisation earlier to cater time to next couple, we were informed just 2 weeks before, to shift even earlier, as the next couple's JoP request so
3) ‎on Actual day, despite us having brought forward our solemnisation, the other couple came to venue and rudely asked us to finish up quickly so they can start with decoration. And that was 40min ahead of time we agreed to vacate.
4) ‎Did not see our solemnisation flashed at hotel lobby, but only catched 'private lunch' (to be confirmed as they mentioned it was flashed but for a short while)

Very disappointed on how the whole matter was handled. Some compensations here and there, which we believe they can show more sincerity.

P.s. we changed 3 sales manager. thankfully, other than some uncontrollable hiccups, believed they did try their best to help us.

starryx

Some compensating factors:-
1) Li Bai's food was very good and guests were praising them.
2) Serena our last sales manager who took over was patient and responsive. Banquet manager was friendly.

Jesta

Just went for a site visit, perks given were not bad, rather tempted to sign but now having 2nd thoughts after reading through the comments. Anyone who had your wedding recently at Sheraton Towers here? Can share on the standard of food and service? Thanks in advance!

Pixy

Looking to sign with Sheraton Towers for our Banquet next year. But similarly having second thoughts after reading the not so positive comments in this thread. Anyone held your wedding in Sheraton Towers recently willing to share on your experience (service and food)? What was the staff to table ratio for the banquet (ie how many table(s) were each service staff assigned to)? Thanks!