Hi all, just finished my wedding
As our expectations were based on what a Starwood family could offer us, I could really write an essay but for the sake of everyone, I'll narrow it down in points.
1) Catering Sales Manager @ Sabrina. Although we had many managers quit on us the last minute (heard the turnover is normal) but luckily our final manager Sabrina was really prompt in her replies and calls.
2) Banquet Manager @ Muru. The usual process of assigning the banquet manager to you would only come a few days before your actual banquet due to their rosters (I guess). He was very responsible and punctual in briefing and understanding our needs. Worked with the AV guys and cues perfectly. Our only regret was not asking him to feedback accordingly regarding the sound system (stated below)
3) Catering to the maximum-comfort of our guests, we were able to do a 2-aisle walk-in, so both sides could be able to partake in welcoming us in.
1) The sound system is extremely soft. (will not say further because the blame actually keeps getting pushed around, but please do your own sound-checks accordingly and TRIPLE-ensure that ALL guests at different spots of the L-shaped ballroom can hear you loud and clear. I think it's better to be overly-loud than nobody can hear you at all. there goes our videos, speeches and band)
2) Food from Li Bai restaurant was really surprising. Out of 8 dishes we had, about 5 were ..... meh? Not BAD per se but just.... passable? The codfish and rice were commendable. Else.. well... I really hope it was a one-time oopsie as Li Bai is not a bad restaurant in a normal dine-in setting, not so much on catering for over 300+ guests?
3) As with many other Sheraton brides, the banquet staff were not exactly attentive or prompt. We also had a huge leftover of wines which we then got feedback from guests were that the staff occasionally "forgot" to come back with the drinks or refills. Heard it was 1 staff assigned to 3-4 tables. Perhaps they were trying to save our alcohol? But the normal drinks were affected as well so... hmmm
4) Quite a lot of hiccups every now and then, but not worth mentioning as they got resolved eventually (with much panic)
5) Please note that it's pretty dim everywhere. It's good for couples who like a more vintagey feel?
Even though most of the cons came from our own guests (after the dinner), we must say that the day really did go uneventfully well for the bridal couple (us). The schedule was well-kept and everyone enjoyed themselves in company. Surprisingly the lower-ceiling part of the ballroom looked better then the high-ceiling area. We do not regret choosing Sheraton but if we could change the past, we would have paid more attention to look out for the volume and staff energy.
Hope this helps!
P.s. we signed for a normal banquet package. no roadshows or perks.