Regent Singapore

sunshine2906

yeah I love their themes too! but they are inflexible in giving me a complimentary room for my solemnization. they say can only confirm 1-2 weeks before the AD which if not available, I'll have to do it in the ballroom itself... with this, they lose out to another hotel which offers better perks at a cheaper pricing

Actually I find that their pricing is not very competive, especially so my intended date is an "auspicious" date.

The min. spend for an auspicious weekend during the 2nd half of the year is even higher than what some other top notch hotels require... (FYI for the Regent it is min S$1,268 ++ @ 40 tables for an auspicious weekend in the 2nd half of 2013)

sunshine2906

yeah I think with auspicious date the pricing is really high... recee-ing the hotel venues is so tiring! we have seen 6 so far and 2 more to go! hope can decide by end of the month! have u decide on urs?

Sunshine: I am going to check out another one next week. If ok we will do a tentative booking cos the pricing is valid till march 2013 only. new priicng not out yet apparently

shavaine

Hi everyone,
I finally went down to see the Tanglin room. The ceilings were of decent height. However, I found the room a bit narrow. My husband to be and I had difficulty walking between the tables side by side in normal clothes, so I would expect that it is hear to impossible to do so in a wedding gown. The room then was set for 20 rooms. Oh, and neither of us are in the overweight category.

nefariouskat

Just had my wedding in Tanglin Room on 5 May. Everything went well!
My banquet manager, Jack was super attentive and he was very flexible and responsive. Thumbs up to him!
About the narrow aisle, as long as u get ur emcees to remind ur guests to push in the chairs/ ur bro to help move the chairs, the space is sufficient. Just FYI, both my gowns were those pong pong kind and my hub n myself are not those slim slim kind =x
Food wise, it was good. My relatives commented that the good was generally good and the portion was big. No complaints on that aspect.
My coordinator, Larrina was also a great help! My wedding was able to proceed smoothly with her help, pre-wedding.
Overall, was really happy with them!

Denise: Mine was a wedding lunch but sorry, can't comment on 7 dishes cuz mine was 8dishes..

mmng

Hi, I just finalize a bookin with the regent. Gona be a 2013 regent btb...

So excited...
Can pls add me to regent btb fb? [email protected]

Thanks.
happy.gif

yvonne0402

Michelle Ng,
When is your wedding banquet on 2013?
Is a dinner or lunch & which room ?
I jx went dw to see the ballroom today, kinda like the Pavilion ballroom and the wedding theme, vy nice!

mmng

Hi muffin choo,
Mine will be held on 30dec 2013... A very long way to go...
Will be holding dinner at pavilion ballroom... Am glad that they only need 25 tables to use their ballroom.
Their element of emotions was awesome!! My htb n myself fell in love with it instantly when we went for their wedding show... I hv not regretted it. Been to other wedding shows and dinner. Am still happy with my choice.
Just hope that the service for that day will be as good as how they look..
happy.gif
can't wait.

ke83

Hello btbs,

May I know if any of you can share with me the wedding lunch package for 2013?

I have met up with one of the banquet executives and has been asking for the package since last week with 2 email chasers. It has been more than 3 days and I have yet to receive any details from them. I am quite disappointed with the lengthy response time. Do any of you encounter such incidents?

Very much appreciate any btb who has the 2013 wedding lunch package to share with me via my email - [email protected]. TIA

Linz85

A VERY big disappointment with Regent hotel. As a BTB, I will suggest you to re-consider if you want to choose Regent for your wedding banquet.

ichinx

Hi,
I have just recently booked my venue at Regent and I found among the venue that I checked they are reasonable and went for their bridal showcase the deco was superb *depend on individual taste. So far I been dealing with their sales person and they very attentive and responsive compares to few that I checked out.. no respond.

However I have to say they don't nego much out from what they included in the package but you can't have everything after all.. so just give and take. I never reserve the level one ballroom as my no of guest abt 20 so ended up we booked others rooms that seems to be a meeting room but they did make a deco n it looks just as great. Understand also they renovating the outside waiting area this yr which is quite small but guess after that it will be more spacious.. hope things not as bad :)

ichinx

Sharing some of the pics I secretly took ;)

Attachments

• 1371731566578.jpg
    1371731566578.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 1371731634511.jpg
    1371731634511.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 1371732039517.jpg
    1371732039517.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 1371732092437.jpg
    1371732092437.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 95

chipsey

A VERY big disappointment with Regent hotel. As a BTB, I will suggest you to re-consider if you want to choose Regent for your wedding banquet.

I feel totally disappointed too, especially the sales manager's attitude. We are thinking to change the person-in-charge, could anyone suggest who is the good 1 there?

Linz85

According to my experience, none of them is good! We even talked to the director directly, but he didn't solve our problem nicely, not even sincere. Just the words of apology didn't solve our big disappointment after they wasted our travelling time 1.5hours to the hotel and 2 hours of waiting for them. Take note that we made appointment 2 weeks before we went down, and we got nothing when we were there but only last minute cancellation! There was no call or even information from our sales manager named Larraine! How am I going to trust my big day to Regent if only small appointment they already failed to make it?

evilorgi

I feel totally disappointed too, especially the sales manager's attitude. We are thinking to change the person-in-charge, could anyone suggest who is the good 1 there?

who was the coordinator you talked to? i went there for a site visit, larrina was the one to liaise with us. she wasnt that bad thou. a point to note is Regent seemed to be very popular among couples, on a weekday or weekend, we see many couples being brought around by the coordinators.

btw, i am looking at the Tanglin room for my AD next year.

Etez

Hi Chipsey, me too. Wanted to sign up with regent on the day itself but they were not generous with perks and not friendly for a 5 star hotel!
The hotel seems too nice to give it up......thinking if should give them another chance?

ichinx

who was the coordinator you talked to? i went there for a site visit, larrina was the one to liaise with us. she wasnt that bad thou. a point to note is Regent seemed to be very popular among couples, on a weekday or weekend, we see many couples being brought around by the coordinators.

btw, i am looking at the Tanglin room for my AD next year.
Hi evilorgi,
So far i have no issue with them and among hotels i visited i felt they are professional..You may want try Natalie...she ia my coordinator. Respond fast with all our enquiries. But if you look into nego of perks i cant sure that can happened as they not into that... still depend what you looking for in your venue ;)

Sarah Jane

I'm having my wedding with Regent Singapore in May 2014. Natalie, the sales manager is very prompt in replying, she also has her assistant to help in replying a certain enquires too. =)
I only have 11 tables, so have decided to take Nassim room; though narrow, the deco's are really quite decent.

ichinx

I'm having my wedding with Regent Singapore in May 2014. Natalie, the sales manager is very prompt in replying, she also has her assistant to help in replying a certain enquires too. =)
I only have 11 tables, so have decided to take Nassim room; though narrow, the deco's are really quite decent.
Yup agreed. Natalie also my coordinator :) mine a mth after yours

regent2014

Dear All,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, me and my SO have to give up our Regent wedding package. If anyone is interested, kindly drop me an email : [email protected] and I will let you know about the perks. The package has alot of perks and it is a Grand Ballroom with open date till 2014.

jerning

Am disappointed w the service w the regent staff.. Called in to request for the price package 3 times in 2 weeks before they finally send over to me.. Wanted to arrange an appt to have a feel of the ballroom but the coordinator somehow was not interested to attend to me maybe cause my AD is in 2015... But from the website I really love their themes their service standard is really quite low.. Wondering if I should still short list them..

ichinx

Am disappointed w the service w the regent staff.. Called in to request for the price package 3 times in 2 weeks before they finally send over to me.. Wanted to arrange an appt to have a feel of the ballroom but the coordinator somehow was not interested to attend to me maybe cause my AD is in 2015... But from the website I really love their themes their service standard is really quite low.. Wondering if I should still short list them..
You might if you really like their themes. In fact that is what i after when signed up with them on the spot during their open house. I have same feelings too after make payment then get no reply or slow. At a pt i thought i make wrong selection but if you stop a while and think over it you will have to put yourself at this party shoe as well as other brides wedding in 2013 , 2014 .. if you were the brides in this year you will also wish the hotel attend to you first beside those in 2015.

This does not mean you not important but as in which to be prioritise over all priorities :) Hope this make sense. As soon you feel same situation over engaging PG,AG,BS and etc

Fyi I am 2014 bride and also patiencely waiting ;)

sharontlc82

Have just met up with Larrina earlier to review the ballroom n package. Find that she is not professional enough n the perks is not good enough as she is quite firm when I ask to make changes on the fresh flowers only. The interior design of the hotel looks quite grand but I find the ballroom abit turn off for me cos of the ceiling is low n the two pillar at the back n the 2 projector r abit small n far. Also the space on the outside is quite limited at the doorway if u intend to have a photo booth with props due to the 2 spiral staircase at each side.

char-char

Hi , I am also considering Regent and tinking of going down to have a look at the venue and food at their wedding fair this 2 nov 2013. Any Regent BTB for late 2014 kind to share wad they have in their package and recommend their kind co-ordinator to mi? Thanks a lot!!

Am tinking of considering Regent/Park Royal on Beach Road/Ritz Carlton on a weekday. :)

char-char

Hihi, sry for the mistake

Am tinking of considering Regent/Park Royal on Beach Road/ *Carlton Hotel* on a weekday. :)

Any recommendations?

FKX

hi BTB, i'm jus wondering if it is better to sign up directly with a coordinator in the hotel or at their wedding show. which is more value for money and can negotiate more complimentary items? aby advice?

FKX

Hi FKX, wedding show for more perks...they usually have wedding show only privileges.
thanx for the tips!

i was thinking of going to recee the hotels and ballrooms; and wait for the wedding show to sign up the package. anyone did something like tat before?

Missus_wong, can share what perks they throw in during the show that you signed up? Or the nov one if you have...

I've seen some past perks of other hotels. N it's not very attractive.

Waiting for roadshow could risk preferred date being taken away

eeyore07

They r not really flexible in terms of negotiation. Dont expect to bargain throw-ins as its almost impossible that they will give it to u as they already have a list of perks for u to choose. U will be asked to select from the perks instead. The perks selection can be found in the wedding banquet section of singaporebrides...