Raffles Town Club

wiseharmony

Hi BlueAngel,

the deco during the show was in champ gold & white backdrop (covered the red), quite nice. match the lighting. think was done by another vendor & we r allow to choose between them.

scribblez

Hi Wise,

Yes, I was there.
happy.gif

BlueAngel,

How was the ballroom decor like at the time when you signed up?

tanlea

hi scribblez

i dun think it change much.
i went down last year and i recently went down to see a wedding setup.
I think, i think, hor, the only change is the flower ctr pc per table. flower pot looks nicer and more roses.

tanlea

hi wise

my ps in late may...a bit late hor, i also dunno why the bridal shop arrange so late for me. but also good lah, at least i have more time to slim down. heh heh heh

hi josie

u can choose pineapple tarts or 2 heart shape chocs for wedding flavours. but if u wanna change wedding flavour, have to top up the difference lor. so ... i am hoping terence can help me nego a deal with the vendor so that i dun need to top up. if all else fails, i just stick with the 2 heart shape chocs lor and buying a proper choc box.

wiseharmony

Hi BlueAngel,

mi mght b doing my PS latest in May too. Coz' my BS had promises if fotos r not nice can re-take @ no cost, so KS abit doing it early.

Keep us updated abt the wedding favours, tat was wat i understand fm 1 of e vendor too. our last choice will be taking the chocolates too.

tanlea

hi wise

actually i still want chocolate for my wedding favour. i am a big fan of chocolate. hee hee. it is just that i am quite sick of seeing heart shape chocolates lor. so i wanna look for other shape or style. keke

which BS did you take?

my details are

Bridal Boutique: Jawn.Ever.After
Banquet Venue: Raffles Town Club
Photographer (Studio): Linn Kong
Photographer (Actual Day): C F Tien
Videographer: Miror Creations
Wedding Date (DD/MM/YY): 04/07/04

How about the rest of the gals?

shelle

hi BLUE

I saw in another posting that you got voucher for the printers? My AD is 10 July 2004, one week after yours!

wiseharmony

Hi BlueAngel,

my details are

Bridal Boutique: Inwedding
Banquet Venue: Raffles Town Club
Photographer (Actual Day) Videographer: RhemaVideo

BTW, how long did it took you to find/ design yr gowns?

tanlea

hi shelle

Tea Dragon gave $100 voucher for RTC banquet people.

hi wise

i think i took about 1 - 2 month to show my homework to the bridal designer. my 1st fitting was at end Feb, 2nd fitting + trial make up in early May and my PS date in end May

very headache to MTM gown. so if u see dream gown and it fits u, go for it liao. cos at least u skip the fear of ur dream gowm MTM not to ur taste.

scribblez

Hi Wise,

Think the ballroom is very grand and nice... decor wise might want to change some details, but on the whole still pretty all right I think!

Have not signed up yet, but seriously considering. Planning my AD in June 05.
happy.gif

Hi BlueAngel,

Wow, were the T-Dragon vouchers given during the bridal show? Aiyah, don't have this time round leh.. Btw, do keep us updated on whether you manage to change the favours' box?

shelle

Hmmm.. i didnt get the t-dragon vouchers
sad.gif
I was at the bridal show!

Yes blue, same as your package, the additional room is at July rate, no discount. sigh. lousy. I think I dont know how to negotiate.

tanlea

yah i signed up last year
anyway i think the tdragon voucher ... need to spend $250 in order to use the $100 voucher

other co. printing inserts only cost $100 for 300 pcs lor.

i think i would be using the tdragon voucher to buy the choc boxes

shelle

are the choc boxes very bad?

I need a printer soon, my AD is 10 July. Did you girls use the RTC invitation cards or did you change to something else?

tanlea

hi shelle

the choc are placed in a box meant for square fruit cake. ok lah, not too bad lah. close 1 eye, ok lah.
happy.gif

i shud be using RTC wedding cards for common usage ... for special friends, maybe i use handmade cards. the RTC cards not bad looking mah. at least not chin cheong lor.
happy.gif

and i saw the guest book., also very nice. terence told me he choose the cards and the guest book one...seriously his taste not bad lah. it is just the box ... he need to be able to use for choc and pineapple tarts.

anyone taking the tarts for wedidng favours?

scribblez

Thanks Wise!
happy.gif

My coordinator is Terence. Yours?

Heard the suite has karaoke and jacuzzi!!
biggrin.gif

Hi BlueAngel,

How does the box look like? Trying to visualize...

shelle

Mine is Natalie, I think she reports to Terence. so a lot of things very hard to negotiate.. she cant make decisions without consulting her manager. Sad
sad.gif

I am going to RTC to take my photoshoot.. some of it!

scribblez

Hi Shelle,

Whereabouts in RTC will you be doing your PS?

Btw, has anyone read the negative feedback on RTC in Female Brides forum? Anyone worried by those comments?

shelle

Hi girls!

I think the staircase and the lounge area looks pretty decent. Don't know where else.

Is there any negative feedback? I havent seen it here. I go check. My PS is on 1 April... looking forward to it *wink*

wiseharmony

Hi gals,

Mi not so worry abt the negative comments. Been there for 2 wedding. One sit down banquet & other was western buffet. The food was ok. the concern is the service staff guess even the top hotels have the same problem as they usually employ temp staff so the std cant b control. for both nites the wait staff was ok.

elinwokk

Went to the RTC bridal show too but then the punch they gave me and my partner had a few floating ants! It left us with bad impression. Coke was also very diluted. Then they kept telling me not to eat the food till after the fashion show but everyone else was already eating!! Bad experience at the beginning hints at worse experience later on ... just struck it off my list of considerations liao

wiseharmony

Hi Shelle,

Jus come to realise that 2ml is 1st april.. u must be excited. Keep us updated of the PS.

Hi Elin,
Welcome. Tks for sharing.

tanlea

hi wise

thanks for the links! yah, i agree with the staff thingy. that time, me and my hubby counted 2 staff to 1 table. not bad liao.

hi shelle

how about the poolside and i think they have roof top garden as well with some pavilon.. i think lah. i look at the miniature structure of RTC that time... hee hee.

hi scribblez,

when is your AD?

scribblez

Hi BlueAngel,

My AD is in June 05. Hee, a bit kiasu hor..

Did you mean 1 staff to 2 tables? 2 staff to 1 table is very good!

How did your PS go, Shelle?
happy.gif

shelle

Hi girls!

My PS was a fantastic experience, my photographer was very experienced and professional. He made my and FH feel very comfortable. Even with 7 changes of outfits (including casual wear shots) we didnt feel tired or anything.

An assistant followed me out for the outdoor shoots to help with change in hairstyle..

only took photos at the RTC staircase.. the garden landscape looked too contrived.. we got more natural greenery shots outside.. heh.

I hope the dinner at RTC goes well, i already confirmed the booking!

wiseharmony

Hi Shelle,

Welcome back. Wow, glad to hear u enjoy the PS. Must be fun. cant wait till mi turn.... ke keee.
so when can u view yr fotos?

tanlea

hi shell

glad you enjoyed ur PS
wow. 7 changes ? cool.
which BS did you sign up with?
who is your photographer?

my ps is in late may leh.
hmm. will keep u gals posted.

you can take the RTC cards lah. everyone mentioned that the cards are nice. esp the ivory one. by the way when are you sending out the weddding invite cards? i see if i can scan for you tonight .., if not, tomorrow night.

can u give me ur email ?
i dun think it is nice to post it in the forum.

shelle

hi all!

my photoshoot was fantastic. the photographer was seriously very good. all the photos that we have seen in his portfolio were fantastic. His name is Dean and I signed up with Wedding News. They have been great, in terms of service, photographs and gowns.

I think you girls will seriously enjoy your photoshoot it is a very exciting experience. esp if, like me, you've never done this sort of thing before.. the make up etc.. i got false eyelashes too!

the photos will be ready in 2 weeks.. will show you all once they are ready?

does anyone know whether RTC ties with any printers so that if i dont use their cards i can get a discount off the usual price of their other cards?

tanlea

hi wise,

emailed the pictures of the cards to you liao.
the scan is not very good.

but i can assure you both cards look good. the ivory cards look the best.

the ivory card have some texture on the front where the "A Wedding Invitation" words are.
the red card have some texture on the front where the "xi" word is

hi shelle

you wanna change your cards? i think each card costs $1 lor. so i believe terence will return you a voucher back for the cards bah. i dunno leh. how many tables do you have ?

tanlea

hi scribblez

pai seh. i meant 1 staff to 2 tables. hee hee. blur already.

no lah, you not kiasu. better to do things early lor. if you can, book your actual day photographer, videographer before end of the year cos most of them adjust their prices every year lor. i wish i had done my wedding prep earlier so that i din rush like mad and could savour/enjoy the wedding preparations lor.

wiseharmony

Hi Shelle,

Wow, able to view within 2 weeks? tat's fast. remember to share huh!!

BTW, how many days "notice" required for RTC PS?
& required "permits"? which are the areas are restricted? so besides RTC where did u had yr PS done?

shelle

err i called on the day itself. but she did tell me taht they needed some written notice. I only took at the staircase. but i actually think that hte lounge is a nice spot.

i had quite a few outdoor locations but they were so ulu i cant really tell. I show you gals my pics when they are ready?

tanlea

hi shelle

thanks for letting us view your pics.

saw from another thread, you letting go of your jaguar for rental. i like jaguar but cannot afford the price lah. hee hee.

hi wise

yes both cards are the same size.

shelle

yeah girls, got jaguar (driver and petrol inclusive) as part of my comprehensive bridal package. Want to transfer cos RTC is going to let me use their Rolls what.. so anyone interested?

BlueAngel, price totally negotiable!