Questions to the Moderator !!???

el2005

Dear Moderator,

I was wondering what is and what is not allowed to be sold/ transfered in this "Marketplace"

I'm very pissed off by the way you have suspended my account on various occassions. And I have to recreate an account to continue my discussion with the other fourmmers in the other disucssion thread. This had not only cause me much uncessary inconvenience but i also ponder what is the purpose of the marketplace here?

Is it because of the items I'm clearing off some that I do not need and this had offeneded anyone or any rules that you have stated here?

Please explain this matter.

Regards,
EL (wow)

el2005

If its so.. then that's unfair loh..

Cos others can have garage sale and I can sell off my stuffs like they do?

aquarius_888

Let's wait for CL's reply on this.
happy.gif

butterang

hilo my fren also encounter b4.. they just delete your thread away and did not not with her or warn her why she cannot do so .. this is weird to me...
happy.gif

cherish3344

Hi EL, think it's better than you drop an email to the moderator. Because sometimes they don't read our comments here.

belgarion

It is likely that someone complained and post your thread to be deleted. They think you're trying to do a business here without paying for advertising.

zntsrm

Hi EL, Just to share....I truly understand your frustration. I was suspended twice for trying to sell my ang bao box....i have to resort to getting a brand new email account so that i could continue surfing and posting.....

tried emailing moderator about my unhappiness but no reply....
kao_confused2.gif

recca

Hi EL, I totally agree with you. I am just being suspened for no reason. I just post what others has posted before. CL sis not suspend the other thread but he suspened mine. I email him a few time to ask him on the reason. I got no reply from him.

He just told me that I need to pay an advertisement fee to put my posting there. When I ask him how much I need to pay then no reply again. I feel so angry abt the whole incident. I really hope that there will be some explanation to us on this happening.

el2005

CL told me (if i could remember clearly) the advert cost is $2k per year..

Crazy.. He/She thinks we are really making money outta this..

Very Pissed!!

el2005

Cherish,

If they do not read the posting here then how could they be deleting off our posting here?

Well they/he/she better start reading loh

powder

think u gals shuld go "How to Improve Singaporebrides.com?" to post and register your queries...

try one of the relevant threads to post again... marketplace is not where u'll normally find him. good luck!

el2005

Hi Powder,

If he/she does not comes in here to read/ monitor, how he/she on earth knows what happening before he/she starts to suspend ppl's account saying we are doing some kind of business here reaping huge profits that can afford a $2k/yr advert fee?!

This is quite ridiculars to base on members "recommendation" to suspend someones a/c and delete their post and without 1st reading or find out whats going on?

powder

hi hi,

just suggesting tat u go to the rite folder to 'talk' to him... seek for a redress in a more amicable manner...

trust me, it's very difficult to moderate such a huge forum with heavy traffic... it's quite normal sometimes to have the 'old birds' helping to keep lookout. anyway u have to check with him on the details cos i dun know him... just go to the rite folders to address the issue lor...

good luck with the re-activation!
happy.gif

yukie

seems like those who complained here r all newbies...

agree wif powder. It's not easy to maintain such a huge forum with heavy traffic n u should go through/to the rite channel to post yr tread.

aquarius_888

Hi hi not trying to take side here but our moderator is a family man...got kids, etc so it's really tough for him to maintain this forum thus we got to be fair to him.

evil_dolly

Hi Yukie,

I can be considered a newbie. All the posts seems to be from newbies because their accounts were probably suspended by the moderator? Though I understand that CL is a very busy person, I am sure you would get frustrated too if your account with a few hundreds posts get suspended for no apparent reason? So instead of classifying this thread as a complaint thread for newbies, maybe as an oldbies, you can give some constructive feedback as to what EL can do instead of telling her not to visit this forum anymore?

I hope my post did not offend you in one way or another.

yukie

Of cos not offended lah... i very da liang wan...
happy.gif

This is a public forum mah, can say watever u/we/she/he like...!

I find my post 547 2nd paragraph constructive wat...

Y make oneself unhappy by visiting a forum tat piss u off rite...

Anyway, happy preparation for yr weddings girls...
happy.gif

butterang

there are many onlookers here who are very KPO.. n maybe they cannot stand that pple are advertising to sell their things off and they cannot stand the sight of it.... so they will "Tong fong bao xin" to the moderators.. n the moderators just delete the thread without informing the users, followed by suspending the account.. after which a new account has to be created again .. there are many unwanted advertisements here too .. just that you are the unlucky one and kena suspended... which your intention is not to make a profit..

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Apologies for not responding to your messages earlier as it had been a very hectic period and it continues to be so. I'll do my best to address everyone's queries here.

As we rely mainly on advertising revenue to keep the portal running and to cover the operating costs and would like to keep the forum a place for couples to share about wedding preparations instead of becoming an online classified ads, it is thus imperative to remove promotion of own products or services if the originator is not an advertiser.

As time goes by, self-promoting messages are no longer as obvious and has gone covert. Many promtoional messages are made in the guise of recommending products or services or posing as customers sharing experiences.

We would then have to rely on whatever is available and our experiences to decide if a message is to be removed. We apologise for the occasions when we've erred in our decisions.

In general, if a user has been found to have violated our terms of use, the account would be suspended and an notification e-mail will be sent. If notification e-mails were not received, please feel free to send e-mail to us for clarifications.

The advertising cost of about 2k is a viable amount which we have based on our operating costs. For a staff strength of 5 with monthly salary of about 2.3k, that would mean a total annual income of 150k. If you add bandwidth costs of about 12k per year, the operating costs is already at 162k without adding utilities, hardware and software costs. At the suggested advertising cost, we would need a minimum of 80 clients per year just to break even. The advertising cost is therefore a figure required for our continued operation.

The previous accounts of El and Junie were removed as rental of car services, rental of Ang Bao boxes and sale of Ang Bao boxes were advertised.

Hi Junie,

Would appreciate if you could resend your e-mail which was not responded as I can't seem to locate it. It may not have been successfully sent to me.

Hi ButterAng,

Could you PM me your friend's username or e-mail address so that we can check and reply to your friend if we had not responded?

Hi Reca0852,

Would appreciate if you can let me know your previous username too so that we can respond to you too?

Regards,
Chin Leng.

P.S. The thread will be moved to "How to Improve SingaporeBrides.com" in the evening.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Thank you to all the users who have posted messages trying to help the users here, explaining my temporary absence and directing them to the more appropriate threads to post their queries.

We always welcome any assistance which we can receive. Thank you again.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

el2005

Ching Leng,

Back to the root of my displease..

How come others can sell their AP boxes here while I can't post mine out for sale?

This is rather unfair..

I'm not a merchant nor I'm making use of your forum to make a living.

There shouldn't be a need to cause such inconvience for me as a foumer here.

I urge you to check out who's the merchant and who's not before you take action to suspend an account.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi El,

Please note that as you've actually tried to promote car renting services, it does indicate that you've not abide to the "Terms of Use" of the forum. It is only natural that your subsequent sale of two Ang Pow boxes and various "Initial D" merchandise would catch our attention. Please note that we've not stopped your participation in the forum. We've only suspended your account and removed your messages when you are selling items which may be construed as promoting your business here.

If you have noticed others who may not have abided to the "Terms of Use", please feel free to contact us with the exact location of the messages and we'll investigate. Appropriate actions will be taken when required.

I would like to reiterate that your continued participation in the forum is welcome. This is evident from the fact that your current account is still active.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

jendome

Hi Chin Leng,

I had send you an email earlier asking, how come i cant log in when i am using my company server,i can only log in to the forum back at home, usually in the midnight, this had caused a lot of inconveience to me .can you kindly help me to solve this problem.

thanks a million

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jendome,

You may like to know that the problem has been resolved. You should be able to post your messages from your workplace now. Please feel free to e-mail me if you require any further assistance. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

coralfairy

Hi Chin Leng,

I've wrote you twice to change my e-mail address to [email protected] but nothing done yet. Appreciate if you can kindly assist as i'm still receiving e-mails in my old address. That e-mail address has been taken over by my sis and therefore not mine anymore. Appreciate your help pls! Txs!!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Coralfairy,

The e-mail address has been updated. I'm sorry about the delay. I thought the e-mail address was updated when it wasn't. Sorry about that.
kao_sticktongue.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

jewelmelody

Hi Chin Leng,

I have a question on membership.
I happen to notice we have different levels of member like new Member, Junior member, Member etc

What is the the difference in these categories?
happy.gif

deannen

Hi Chin Leng

pls advise why is the thread 'Signori Nuzial' being deleted?
We were just discussing abt the BS? nothing offensive?
I can't even key in the full BS name now???? Y??????

deannen

no replies @ all from Chin Leng & moderator? anyone ve similiar experience to share? dun even know wad happenend?

lemonzil

Hi Chin Leng,

I'm curious why is the word 'Fel*ne Bridal' not allowed in in this board?

I was trying to update my profile and was prompted with such message?

sassynsweet

hi moderator! is there anything u can do with the slow speed and problems in loading or writing messages?
technical problems.. :(
it makes browsing the forum very difficult. :(

i surf other forums but find it slow here. can help? as this is a good forum for us singaporean women