Qian Xi Restaurant??

leena2tan

hi all,

long time never come in also. my wedding is just over as well.and like petrina, was enjoying myself. didn't even worry about if everything was ok. by jiemeis and brothers are all very good in helping =)

BG do offers free parking lots if there's some major shows going on. that's what we did. we knew that sitex will be on our wedding day, 2nd Dec. so we asked about it. we told steven that we will have more then 50 cars during our banquet. but then steven make a comment before hanging up saying that we are crazy to have so many cars for our little 30 tables of guests.
In the end, me and hb was so angry with him that we requested to change manager to serve us. BG changed our manager to Kelvin. And boy,he was so much more polite and help us to make sure that our guests have some parking space. but 1 think they forgot to inform us was, before the wedding, they were saying we can park about 90+ cars at the area. during the wedding itself, suddenly, we can only park 50 cars. my hb was so angry as we have so many other friends and relatives who can't park their cars.. the most malu thing was my future bro-in-law was rejected from parking in the area cos he was the 51th car. aiyo so malu. in the end, some guests who were actually there early turn up late cos there was not enough parking lots. but overall the food was good. every one was complaining cannot finish.
BG was kind to have some1 to follow the bride. but then i rejected the offer. cos i've got friends to help. so she was quite nice to leave me alone.

pisces36

petrina & rayna : so happi for both of u that everything went smoothly. btw how d your jie mei sabo ur hubby?

sigh..mine's next sat. starting to worry liao. hopefully everything will goes well 2. crossing my fingers.

celica75

hee hee ... congrat to pettrina & rayna.

mine also just passed for the customary so can't wait for my dinner to be over this friday keke :p

duckling78

Hi Pat gals that you enjoy your day. I was thinking whether to give my thank you speech???
Mind to send me your copy for a look.

Wow can still tabao the food keke. How was your attendance that day.

matsu

Elaine & Pisces, best wishes for ur wedding!! Remember to relax, enjoy, smile ^_^ v

& remember to update us hor...hee hee

pisces36

thanks esther! thanks matsu!
happy.gif

elaine : hope everything goes well on your AD. wish you a blessed marriage
happy.gif

celica75

thanks gals ... not really enjoy myself on monday
cos my FIL do last min preparaton so alot of time wasted hence not able to go out for photoshoot
sad.gif

well ... do share with me when urs over keke

celica75

well ... cos my IL pretty conservative not suppose to go anywhere hence woke up very early on monday. so tot if ends earlier then can go out for a while for PS loh who knows time is wasted just to wait for my IL to prepare for the praying.
sad.gif

i did engage PG loh
happy.gif

pkum

Sophisticated_Bride, no.. they say they cant do anything abt the FOC parking. they dun own the car park

trina_wys

hi pisces,

actually i had prepared 4 games for them but the brothers were super lucky and came into the house very quick.. mine wasn't so much of a sabo but more of a chance for my hubby to express his love for me as he seldom does that...

Game 1: (outside house gate)use rose petals to form an 'I love you' outside my house. brothers and hubby to stand in 1 line and brothers supposed to butt spell my name while hubby shouts 'i love petrina' super loudly..

Game 2: (in garden) 20 balloons are filled with confetti and 6 contains 'keys'. only 1 of the key is a real one and the brothers are supposed to burst the balloons to find the real key.

Game 3: Q & A

Game 4: Groom to write down 10 reasons on why he loves the bride and 10 promises he makes to her. He has to sign and brothers to be witnesses.
He is then supposed to read out what he has written aloud in front of the bride's door.

happy.gif

pisces36

hey pet : ur sisters veri kind hearted leh. my sisters & I are planning for the sabo plans now..we gonna mk him do 9 tasks to symobolise zhang zhang jiu jiu... hopefully will hv enuff time to complete :p

matsu

Pisces,

Can share your sabo ideas? How long did u plan for the groom's arrival to the time to leave for groom's place?
happy.gif

pisces36

matsu : i think abt 45mins-an hour.

sabo ideas:

thread 9 needles with super small holes but super thick thread to symbolise zhang zhang jiu jiu.

eat bread to shape I luv u

"Transfer" lipstick mark from one person to the
other by means of biting one end of a sour prune

Picking up the key to the bride's room using his
feet in a bucket full of ice or place the key in angbao & hang together with a few red packets on the ceiling. so make the bro to carry him to bite down the red packet. the rest of the red pkt can b penalty lah. like suck on ice cube which are made from suan tian ku la or mini coated wasabi balls.

the rest yet to b finalise.
happy.gif

duckling78

pisces your ides are quite fun mayb can use them as well thanks. Actually I have to leave the house by a certain time therefore not many sabo as well so thinking of simple at not sweating one. I have idea to share is to place potato chip on the sace and then ask him to use his facial expression and get the hips to his mouth. Another one is to ask him to get 3 blessing from neighbours around us. To video it and keep as memories. keke

matsu

Pisces,

I like the heart shape bread idea, so cute
happy.gif

Don't think i wanna do too physical sabo stuff, i don't want them to sweat their shirt, will look ugly & smelly. Also worry HB will get bad stomach if eat those eg. wasabi ice-cream stuff...ha ha

pkum

actaully i oso scared my jie mei will make my hb do things that might mess up his shirt. my jie mei-to-be are not so close to each other. I m oso worried that they might not agree to each other suggestion.

and... i ask the girls to make them do pumping as they have not exercise for a long time. and i think my hb bros, might be slightly overweight or too thin..

guess, what the girls tell me, aiya, we wont let him get away so easy. we will not take ur suggestion....

i was shocked and shut off. i tot is my wedding...??? and already that night that i met my friends, two girls cannot agree to each other. i wonder what will happen that actual day... headache!

pisces36

duckling : try to get ur FH to come early lah..then will hv enuff time to sabo lor. i told my FH muz come early ah..i bluff him i wanna leave the house early. :p coz we dun see timing wan.

pk: i oso hv my cousins & fren who duno each other wan. tat's y we hv sisters gathering to intro each other & to plan. dun worri. since it's ur big day they will give face won't mess up wan. all sisters will not let the groom get away wan lah...me too :p my FH still say fang ma guo lai.

previously when i was a sister for my fren we d not let the bride know our plans coz we scared she leak out. this time round i guess they let me in the loop might becoz i'm veri excited with the sabo part leh..actively giving them ideas. :p my FH even give a sabo idea which he saw at a bridal shop. he made me promise not to use against him. :p but then...i'm not the one who's using the plan...wahahaha...

stanley789

I kanna sabo for 45 minutes @ the door steps.
Tell you the truth, I find it super boliao.
I control my temper all the way, "feng pei dao di". If not my brothers help me, I will scold people. heee!!

matsu

Stanley, let's hear ur view (groom's). What sabo were u made to perform that u find boliao? I guess 45mins is a little too long?

I did worry that the bestmen will find the sabo too boliao & can't get along with the bridesmaids later.

pisces36

matsu : u worry too much lah..let ur sis & bro work it out lah. it's ur big day they won't go overboard wan.

Stanley : wat they did that mk u so pissed?

b4 hand my FH d say anything can but no humiliating pranks coz it will be shown during the dinner. so my sisters won't go overboard. it oso depend on the bros how sporting r they lor. one advantage i hv is most of the bros & sis r close frens so no prob.

celica75

hi gals ... mine finally over. yesterday steven didn't metioned on the free parking at all.

everything is okie. Suzanna has came down to check as well
happy.gif

duckling78

COngrat Elaine.

I am also planning for the sabo haha. COs i dun want my Jie mei to do thing funny. DOn't want hubby to have stomach pain and sweating as well cos it will be uncomfortable cos it suppose to be an happy day.

But my jie mei ok want cos it just my sister and my close firend... we will share and discuss. I scared of those jiemei who play like nobody business.

If you afraid that your jiemei go overnoeard tell them not enought time and the elder don't like it then at least they may listern to you. keke

HI Trista
Congrat on your wedding today...DO show me your photos and comment after teh wedding ok.

michnlaw

hi duckling..
happy.gif
mich here again! hehehe i'm back at Qian Xi ("QX") theads again. hahaha seriously considerin QX although we're also looking at a few more. But i saw some posts abt QX that the food servings are in big portion, and also food not bad. I went to QX at PL to have dinner with hubby n my in-laws, the food is good! we ordered the simple dinner fare and the food was piping hot n fresh n yummy!

Only thing - we went on a monday and there wasnt any wedding dinner going on, haha so we didnt haf any chance to really check out anything live. Then again, if got wedding dinner, we wont be able to get in n eat also hahahaha!

I like the deco of the restaurant, like the big stage!
happy.gif
but only thing they have pillars lor, hehe but shld b ok ba.

Hubby n i like the idea of free flow of red wine and (hard liquor also right)? Cause we will definitely have at least 25 tables. hehehe kinda looking forward to the preparation of the AD.

We havent fixed a date yet, but erm, we have some dates in mind liao.

K i think we shall discuss n chat more when we mit on tues k babe
happy.gif

hugs:
mich

celica75

duckling ... thanks. FYI i did receive an angbao from Steven for the staffs but so far both my FH & myself quite satisfied with their service so infact we give additional to steven, may & thomas who has help out in my dinner. I did enjoy myself during the dinner compare to the AD on monday.

Michelle & Lawrence ... you might wanna consider on BG or hilltop as they do not have pillars.

nez

hi...jus wanna ask if the angbao for the staffs usually packet as a whole (one angbao) or to give as individual?

jarenlynn

Btw Ladies, is there any minimal amount to give the staff? I hope to calculate my budget accordingly. Is the person-in-charge Ms Susan Tang? I haven't call her yet. May I know what should I request from her? Thanks.

matsu

hi gals,

Any idea what to do with those 'lian zi' & 'bai he' that we put inside the 'zi soon tong' after the GDL? Can use for cooking or what to do with it?

duckling78

huh i also dunno
Matsu u never ask the auntie.
I also want to check do we pass the jia zhuang to the guy on GDL. He bring back or i must go also.

matsu

Yah loh, coz i only ask how to do for GDL but forgot to ask abt the after part...hee hee

Can either let the groom side take the jia zhuang back on GDL or another day.

duckling78

then i decide do it later i will to his house. keke
he only can take 1 days leave before his AD. so no choice then that day got a lot of things to do.

DId you bought any fan or red umbrella

nez

Hi Ladies....urgent to need the normal procedure for the tea ceremony (TC).

After the 'tekaning' session, we go bk to ILs plc for TC then change to go bk parents' pls for TC? Or go ILs pls for prayers 1st (if any), then change to go bk parents' plc for TC, after which proceed bk to ILs plc again for TC??

I'm so confused! Pls help...thanks so much & hope can understand what i mean?!
happy.gif

duckling78

Hi Nez the normal procedure is as follows:

1. tekan session
2. fetch bride & prayers at parent place.
3. go IL place for prayers & TC
4. if got own house pple usually go back take pix light lamp, take picture then change to KUA or tea dress
5. go back to parent place for TC.

matsu

Duckling,

Yah, i got both the fan (hokkien) & red umbrella (cantonese).

Which dialect r u from? Heard teochew rule is the dad of the bride will throw rice after she board the bridal car.

nez

Hi duckling...thanks!

Had also done up the itinerary exactly like u mentioned on the TC & will be meeting the jie meis to discuss abt it for my wedding early next mth. But suddenly my hubby mentioned that his mom said no such thingy & insisted on the 2nd qns i'd ask earlier! So v fed up & confused now! Gotta change the itinerary all over AGAIN! Sigh
sad.gif

duckling78

Matsu

I did not hear the rule of throw rice leh.

Nez if you keep going to so many place then may not have time for outdoor shooting leh