Qian Xi Restaurant??

tare1919

Ugly duckling,

Tks..U also using him? How's the work like? I like to have the summary of wedding do you think there be extra charges? Any early charges?

duckling78

hi i am also using him.
I have not have mine yet but if you refer to the previous posting by angeline, she like it very much.
Pat you got yours done?
Hi esther yes there will be early charges. Have you gone to the link i gave you. it all stated there.
the basic package with wedding summary. Are you refering to express highlight?

tare1919

Ugly duckling,

Saw the links but for the Express Package they only provide Summary of Banquet but i wish to have Summary of Wedding. Did u meet up with him before? Maybe will meet up with him then decide.

duckling78

Hi esther

Ok let me explain it to you.

For the summary of wedding, this is usually for basic package cos it does not come with express highlight.
As for the Express Package, it cover express highlight which is your Day event and therefore for the summary of banquet that will be the night event.

You can have summary of wedding if you do not want to have the express higlight.

Hope this helps you.

tare1919

Ugly duckling,

I get wat u mean..I saw under the bottom liao..If I want to add in music to my raw DVD must pay $50. Cause i saw some of VG they will edit the whole raw DVD into abt 10-15min something like music MTV therefore I was thinking to get something like tat.

duckling78

Hi esther hmm

its abt the same cos express highlight abt 4-5 mins & summary of banquet also 4-5 mins so total up abt 10 mins too.

the music is add into express highlight as well as the summary of the baquet.

pisces36

hey matsu , nice pics leh..haven hv the time to see all yet but saw a few liao. veri veri nice. where d u go for your shoots? the greenary veri nice leh.

matsu

hi,

any 1 know if the bride side need to give angbao for groom's sis to buy shoe/clothes @ GDL? (hokkien or cantonese tradition?)

ii_yume

huh got such thing? until now i still dunno what the bride side has to pay. i told my hb. i have no money, since his parents insist to hold banquet, they have to settle everything.

pisces36

matsu : by right my mom should buy clothing & shoe & ring for my FH wan. but i told her save the hassle so juz give angbao then write the item on the angbao wat's the $ for lor. then my FMIL said hv to give angbao for them to buy shoes/clothes too. including the sister. so bride side will give angbao to them too lor. but these $ my FH & I will fork out instead lah. coz we dun wan our parents to pay any $ since it's our wedding.

celica75

well i know the bride's side got to buy clothing for MIL but not too sure abt FIL & sister. But I know i need to buy clothings & shoes for my brother
happy.gif

agree ... to make things easier give angbao will do :p

ii_yume

last yr during my HB's bro's wedding, i remembered that they did not buy dress for my MIL or FIL. or give any ang bao for this purpose. i know because i went shoppin with my MIL for her dress.

they only buy shoes for my hb youngest bro.

nez

For me, I need to buy shoes for my FIL & MIL only, but that one will replaced wif ang bao instead.

Btw, do Bliss Gdn give floor plan for our AD? If yes, whn do we usually ask frm them?

ii_yume

mine is at hill top. the moment i put deposit i asked for the floor plan. i think u can ask it during your next appt with them

pisces36

i think watever it is juz ask the in laws wat they wan lor. then it's easier both side won't b unhappy with each other.

for floor plan i ask for it after i get the invitation card for a rough idea.

matsu

Sigh...yah loh, i heard of giving AB to FPIL to buy shoe/clothes but not sis/bro loh.

It's not that i wanna to save 1 AB but don't understand y FPIL fuss over the sis when it's our wedding loh $&^$$!!

Started off with them GIVING her a table to invite her friends to OUR banquet??? After our much protest, they reduced to 1/2 table!!!
Then some rubbish abt my hb being younger than his sis but marry 1st so must give AB to his sis, I brush FMIL off with 'This tradition only apply to elder bro NOT elder sis' then she bobian, now come out with another reason to get AB for her daughter.

Don't b mistaken, I m in a vy friendly relation with his sis. It's juz the FMIL's thinking that i don't understand & r not happy abt
sad.gif

Paiseh...juz need 2 relieve some stress...

matsu

hi pisces,

How's your GDL prep? I m super busy with the buying & prep 4 my GDL. Order some cantonese cake with 'Da Tong' @ chinatown abt $7plus per box with 6 pcs of assorted cakes.

ii_yume

hi matsu, FMIL thinkin sure can be really weird.. i heard of bro too... but sis?? i tot most chinese tradition dun really care much of abt GIRLS? esp sistas? why give 1/2 table to the sis?

for me i am only inviting one of my bro's friend. his other friends i dun even know.

pisces36

matsu, GDL i oso duno buy wat? i think simple simple oranges & orange juice lor. still early haven buy yet. but my FH oredi bought the liquor & pig's trotter liao. i oso oredi order the cakes from pine gardens. tat day order the lychee martini cake for my FH bday veri nice leh.

y invite the sister's fren huh? i dun understand leh. unless u or ur FH know them well lor. if not oso not the sister getting married y muz invite leh?

celica75

gals ... guess most of us very stressed ya over the wedding prep? btw any buffet recommendations??
cos wanna cater buffet during my AD.

for me ... most of the stuff for PIL were replace by ang baos and my mum has taken care for me liaoz. really dunno what else to prepare.

matsu

Exactly loh gals, I really cannot understand Y our wedding has to invite their daughter's friends. Their reason is simply to let the sis enjoy the fun too, everybody happy???!!!

Think her friends must b thinking the 2 of us (wedding couple) want their AB, so pai seh for us, put us in diff position.

Ored tell them this but they still insist on inviting, they said ppl won't think this way. I think they live in a world of their own, dunno what's happen outside...crazy $&%&%^#$

matsu

I got some of my GDL stuff liao. At this shop Hong Lim Complex Blk 531 #02-58 Tel: 65331407

The lady boss is vy nice & helpful, not pushy. Even thou i m only buying some small items like stickers but she still teach me abt An Chuan & GDL, showed me some pics & newspp cut out ^_^b

i_c_e

hi guys...m absolutely new to this thread. having a maj headache over selection of venue for my AD in 4th quarter of 2007. MIL insisting on a particular date n FH favours restaruant coz it's cheaper. me on the other hand would like to go for hotel as it's more posh in a way. I know that sounds really superficial, but once in a lifetime leh!...but anyhow, the hotel i want doesn't have the date my MIL wants...so m now considering Bliss/ Hilltop. Anyone can give me some advise on bliss's ambience (does it have a cocktail area for guests to mingle like hotels?), service etc? (i did try reading other thread n saw the cockroach incident...scary)

pisces36

janice, if u wan hotel ambience but restaurant price i think BG will b suitable. they hv pillarless ballroom & the decor is not cheena. i luv the crystal ballroom at hilltop but too bad i can't hv my dinner there. btw where d u read abt the cockroach? i've been hearing abt it but can't seems to find the thread.

gals..i headache headache liao leh...coz 15-17 dec the church is having a big event at expo. they r expecting abt 1000 over guests & it start at 7.30pm. so the carpark will b damn pack. i'm so worried right now. i suspect that since it's close to xmas there might b some xmas metro or JL sales too so lagi worse. it's gonna b a nightmare.
sad.gif

ii_yume

Elaine (celica75) : my catering was melrose during my rom. the food is very nice. but i dun have their num with me. if u want pm me, i will go back home n dig for their num. i will be using them for my AD too.

Janice (i_c_e) : hilltop is a lot grander than some of the hotel out there. the food is nonetheless more delicious than some of the hotel banquet i went. i ate the fishmaw crab meat soup and it was already a lot nicer than the sharkfin from merchant court and holiday inn etc.

celica75

pisces ... you may check out the expo website on the events coming up. I actually purchase the carpar tickets from expo so also worried that my guests got no parking lots as well & the tickets will be wasted.

tare1919

Ugly duckling,

Went to meet up with Chris. I also quite ok with his job. But maybe i too fickle minded dono which to choose. Anyone here have a works done by Chris can share with me? Can PM me or email [email protected]

I also get to know from chris tat we r nt suppose to post our video some song will involve copyrights.

pisces36

elaine: can purchase the carpack tickets wan meh? i call up few mths bk & they said as they r using cashcard there is no carpark coupons provided. who d u speak to? can give me the contacts? how do they go abt with it? how much?

celica75

actually i drop expo an email to enquiry on the parking coupons as i believe they provide these to the exhibitors. well the ticket is just like the complimentary coupon which provide by hotels just that the validity is only for the day of event. The cost is $2.10 per ticket. although bought the coupon from them but they dun gurantee the parking lots. you may contact [email protected] or [email protected] for more details.
happy.gif

celica75

hahaha ... gals o u share the same thinking ya on the complimentary ticket for guests but at our own cost
happy.gif

my HB actually not very happy as he dink there isn't a need to provide the parking tickets for guests
sad.gif

pisces36

elaine , thanks. but how does it works? coz they will b coming in using their cashcard rite? then when going out tat time they will slot in the complimentary ticket huh?

we r actualli pai say lah coz expo oredi so far somemore u wan the guests to pay for carpark then ah..somemore now i worri not enuff lots. so the veri least we can do is at least pay for it lor. sigh..no choice leh. i dun wan ppl to b unhappi mah.

celica75

if i m not wrong it will deduct when on the way out, so just slot the complimentary ticket in perhaps. She explain to me once but forgot oredi. keke. Going to collect the ticket this sat so will update you again then :p

That what i think oso ... i dun wan anyone to comment abt my wedding so only cater for 10%
of the guests.

celica75

pk .. I guess they din work with the management on the complimentary parking loh. Not only BG & hilltop i guess the others oso dun have complimentary parking as well. For me actually go to expo to liase on the parking thingy.

pisces36

i actualli call up to chk abt the parking thingy few mths back but they say oni provide for exhibitors leh. so elaine u actually went down to expo ah? not via phone huh? where u go huh? issit the booth? i've sent a mail to them liao...hopefully it won't b long for them to reply.

when's ur wedding huh?

celica75

i didn't wen6t down to expo to check with them. Actually drop them an email stating the purpose
of getting the carpark tickets.

Well my AD is on 4th & dinner on 8th dec.

tare1919

My AD is on 2007, now I am search for my WG design, but one thing to consider hw wld I know the fashion for 2007. Do you gals think it too early to confirm on my design.

matsu

Pisces & elaine, I m getting for my bridesmaids & bestmen only. Coz they r there to help us for the event so of course we should pay for their parking loh
happy.gif

Gals, do update on this matter when elaine collected tixs & pisces got the response email, ok? Thanks. I will email expo & update too
happy.gif

ii_yume

actaully.. i dun really care for fashion trend for 2007.

because... i actually saw look-alike gowns in the wedding this year. at one time, halter neck is very popular. many of my friend's gown is halter neck..

i dun want to be like them. haha..