Plaza Park Royal

sockie

Hi tkl and Hui,

Thanks for the advices.I have looked for her. she is quite willing to let me view the setup on 11 Aug 07 and discuss abt the banquet packages
happy.gif

Earlier, Mey was the person who liaise with me but she later did not get back to me on the possible dates that i could come down.
sad.gif

Could I ask u what are the perks that i can ask for?

For those using PPR, will u recommend this hotel as the banquet venue?

padi

Sockie: My AD went on fine. My floor manager was pretty good. But I don't have a good experience with the management. I think many here attest to that. The best I've heard from others so far is Felicia. So if you keep with Felicia it should be fine. But then again, things change. This is an industry with a very high turn over rate. So she might just leave you won't know.

Honestly, I would caution against using this hotel. that's just my personal comment. The rest can give their feedback.

sockie

Hi Hui,

Thanks for ur advices.
happy.gif

What are some of the problems u faced with the management?

I am caution of the high turnover rate of the coordinators. It seems like within a year there is a change of a few coordinators.
sad.gif

padi

Sockie: misunderstandings, misrepresentations, misinformation...u named it we probably have encountered it with the management. In short, they REALLY need to work on their people skills. Also, they don't seem to have a proper protocol in working with clients. Or maybe its just my coordinator.

Sockie, my husband's advice to you is to look for somewhere else if you haven't confirmed a place. There are many better places out there.

sockie

Hi Hui,

Thanks for ur advices. I have informed my bf abt it, but he said that he would still want to view the setup and discuss first.

Do u mind pm me ur coordinator too, and what are some examples of misunderstandings, misrepresentations and misinformations tat u are saying? so that i will be wary of that during the discussion.
happy.gif

padi

Hi Sockie: Maybe I'm PM u after a while cos I am in the midst of settling some stuff with them now.

Most importantly whatever that you want, or have conversed with your coordinator, write it down in black and white, via email or on ur contract, to prevent misunderstanding and misinformation.

sockie

Hi Hui,

It's ok, dun need to PM me, but i feel it may be good to let pple in the forum know who is the coordinator so that pple will be wary of using him/her
happy.gif

Think i m not considering PPR as my choice of wedding banquet venue, after hearing Hui and ur hubby's advices

Hui, i hope u can settle the matter soon with the hotel.
happy.gif

padi

Sockie: Thanks and I hope we can settle soon too. I'll share after I'm done. I avoid talking about it too much too cos it could be clash of personality, not quite the coordinator's fault too maybe. So maybe the others have a different experience with the coordinator.

peachie

Hi Hi..

Are u all talking abt the park royal at beach road.. really need some advise from all of you who had yr wedding @ PPR (beach road)

- is e air-con still having problem eg: dripping of water
- How was the service of the waiter and waitress?
- How many bottle of red wine did u all manage to get free from the package? – I only got 12 bottles..
- Is it possible to get any more freebies when the contract has been sign
- does any 1 of you here chose to print the wedding card insert from the hotel vendor?

padi

Hi Doreamon:
- Aircon not really a problem at my AD. Well at least I didn't notice it and there was no complain. I guess they rectified it.
- Service of waiters and waitresses were good. Its the management that I have lots of problem with.
- I didn't use the red wine deal, I took the free flow beer. No wine was served at my dinner cos mostly my parents' friends who do not really drink.
- Once you've signed the contract, no more freebies already. This is across the board even with other hotels.
- I printed my card inserts from Tdragon, the hotel vendor. I ended up printing my church invites from them too. They are very good and very reasonably priced. I would strongly recommend them.

When is your AD doreamon?

peachie

Hi Hui>

Thanks for yr reply..

My AD is on 25 dec 2007..
hmm.. really hope everything will turn out fine.. btw did you call them to arrange for the food tasting?? so can i say everything was good execpt u face some problem with the management.. can you share with mi so i can avoid the problem.. oh ya was the bridal suit nice~~ and i noe that we will be given the signature book.. did u use it.. if not nice than i think i have to source 1 already..

padi

Doreamon:
I hope things will turn out fine for you. I called them to arrange cos I had mine quite early, dad was flying off to somewhere for a few months before my wedding so we needed to have it earlier.

The problem with management was quite trying. I have been quite upset with them. I will PM u the reasons why. If you need more clarification can PM me and we can chat. The bridal suite was nice. I enjoyed the night there.
I didn't use the signature book cos we had a canvas scroll from the bridal studio. The signature book is so so. Normal type. But we didn't fancy that kind of book so got our own stuff.

babymiki2003

just had my food tasting and met up with elsie for the 1st time.

everything turned out well today. food was very big portion and yummy.

jus hope everything will be smooth sailing

peachie

babymiki> will be having my food tasting on 4/10..during the food tasting did they discuss wit u abt the printing of wedding cards and wedding gift?? btw when yr AD..

babymiki2003

yup, ur co-or will run thru ur contract with the details with u and ur hubby before the food tasting start. about 30 mins if u r fast.

the family will be mingling with each other while waiting for ur discussion to fin.

my AD is on 2/12. who's ur co-or?

actually the ambience and food is really worth the money paid, hope the mgmt dont cork up.

padi

Babymiki: Great to hear that things have gone on smoothly for you. Remember to write every detail that is discussed down and send an email to confirm the details. So everything is in black and white.

Other than that, the food's great.

Cheers!

peachie

babymiki> thanks for yr info.. my co-or is felicia.. will let u all now the out come of my food tasting... btw yrs AD is earlier than mine.. mus give us update hor..
happy.gif

babymiki2003

Hui: Yup, i'll take note of that.

my only concern now is the decoration for the pavillion for my solemnization.

doreamon: the food tasting shd be very good, dont worry. =)

key_word07

Hi
Anyone same AD with me?
I am 11-11-2007 (Plaza ballroom)
wonder who had taken up the stamford ballroom and wonder if you r in the forum.hehe

peachie

twinkle_star> jus wondering whether u had yr food tasting already?? hmm mi also having my AD at Plaza ballroom on 25/12/07.. do update us after yr actual day k..

key_word07

Hi Doreamon(peachie), i m having my food tasting on coming sat. Will update here with the verdict.
happy.gif

Sure. Will update as much infor as i can after my wedding.
happy.gif

Cross my fingers everything will turn out well on the day.
happy.gif

key_word07

Hi Babymiki. I had 30table + 2 reserved tentively. But maybe will be more than tat..still working on guest list.
sad.gif

Updates on my foodtasting.
Quite up to our expectation. Food is Ok. Not consider very tasty but Ok..can make it!haha
My favourite is the Cold dish (Pink Dory fish),Shark fin (Many shark fine and crab meat..Yummy!!),Steam coral trout is superb as well..Fresh and tasty.
The only complain i had is the presentation of the chicken -- very ching chye and messy. We had feedback liao.

peachie

hi babymilk> is 30 +2 reserve

btw i had my food tasting already.. everything was great.. jus that i go try the seafood fried udon.. hmm its nice but FMIL and my parents still perfer standard dish either ee fu mee or he ye fan..

qianqian

hi, me considering PR for my wedding also.. is plaza ballroom better or stamford room better.. seem both have pillar...

when will be their wedding show

peachie

qianqian> yah both the ballroom have pillar.. but i think stamford 1 is special cos it have a staircase so i think it might be a bit different from the other ballroom and u might be able to do something different for yr march in with the stairs.. but if u got more tables than u have to chose Plaza leh.. also can try to ask the co-or to arrange the table not close to the pillar so that it will not block yr guest view
happy.gif

qianqian

think i would prefer stamford.. as the march in will be longer then plaza rite? now my concern is if 2 wedding is hold together.. will my blur fren/relative go to the wrong one.. or worst go to correct one.. bu AP give to the others...

pink_piglet

hi qianqian,
we meet again hehe. when u planning ur AD?
i'm planning for 2009 actually.
The wedding show is on 20 Oct, 12-4pm, but not sure if they have package for 2009 or not?
just going to see see look look :p

peachie

qian qian> i dun think yr friend/ relative will be so blur bah.. cos there's recep sitting there 1 rite.. than every ballroom got a small tv screen showing yr photos ma..so shld b ok de bah..

key_word07

Actually Qian Qian concern is quite valid. Cos if there are two wedding tat day,the foyer will be super packed with peoples. And there's no indication of ballroom (plaza or stamford) on the Ballroom door or whatsoever.Some people don't look at LCD screen one. Somemore the LCD screen not very BIG wor!hehe. Worried some of my blur guest might just walk to the wrong recep table and drop the APs to the wrong APs Box.By the time they realise..the APs is inside the other couple APs box! Haha. I think need to get a few usher to standby at the entrance and give help to "blur" guests. :p

Btw girls..Plaza ball room march in is shorter, but you can use two entrance as march in, groom enter from left entrance and bride enter from right entrance..both meet centre and walk to stage together..this will prolong the march in. We are doing tat.
happy.gif

babymiki2003

pink piglet, im not going for wedding show cos my AD will be in dec'07. i find it nth much to see aly. haha. i rather spend the time to tie strings to my invitations...hell job.
i dont think they will have 2009 package,what they will tell you is use 2008's package and any price increase, they will absorb.

I think the wrong ballroom one, i think its not that bad, ppl will normally look for familiar faces once they reach such places.

pink_piglet

babymiki2003,
icic, that's good if they will absorb any difference. then i have to get a date soon.

qianqian,
i shld be going,just mailed out the chq yday.
but not sure wat's the prog like for that day?

qianqian

piglet give me your email.. i send the program list to u... but dunno wad is the additional perks they giving leh... hee. if then give like 10% offer to the dinner package, i confrim sign up with them... me now deciding either le meridien/ parkroyal

babymiki2003

qianqian, just a personal opinion on food for le meridian...it sucks...

but the location is much better of coz.

pink piglet, u will need to ask and confirm if what i said is really true. but i think most likely so.

pink_piglet

qianqian, thanks i've gotten the program list from them also. the funny thing is the bridal showcase is what i sign up also haha.

u are not considering other hotels like furama waterfront? seems like reviews are quite good too.

thanks babymiki,
will confirm with them next sat
happy.gif

pink_piglet

qianqian,
u manage to squeeze another nite from them hehe?
i went to the show, but like not much ppl leh.
won the lucky prize, but win like no win,cos there are terms & conditions attached, sux

qianqian

no, end up i didn't sign with them... cos dun really like the big pilar in the ballroom.. still sourcing other lor.. wow so wad u won... me left early.. after the bridal showcase.. cos very hungry... and they only serve cake... can't fill my tummy.. haha

pinkybtb

I signed up with them last night and paid deposit of $3000. My co-ordinator is Felicia, she is really good and easy to talk with.

My AD is 28Sep08, anyone near?

key_word07

Hi all.
My wedding just over..i had very unhappy experience with their Technician. Just some advise for some brides where your wedding is near.Its better tat you ladies prepare a extra DVD player as a back up if you gona use DVD to play ur montage/highlights.We were told tat their DVD player cannot WORK at tat very day!!Lucky we keep copy in our back up labtop...so we are no choice to use our labtop to play the montage and express highlights.However our labtop is quite slow type (PIII) and ram not fast enuf, we request them to help us by lent us a labtop and they told us they HAVE NO LABTOP! AND THEN Their problem become our PROBLEMS liao!! Their Technician also have no intitaive to link up our labtop with the projector.ALL DONE BY MY OWN BROTHER. End up our montage dunno why become jerky and a the verge of hanging during the playing the montage!Then our Express highlights was force to played from our videographer videocam directly !!!Worst scenorio is when the express highlights was played..the technician never link up the 2nd projector! The technician and the management still tell us we never told them to do so?!! OMG they have NO COMMON SENSE???????????
So ladies..pls ensure you do up all your Contingency plan as the technician there is not helpful and have no intiative at all! Pls test many times and check many times before hand.I am still very upset till today...and i din enjoy my day at all!! Then during banquet we also face alot of problems...If need more details. PM me.