Plaza Park Royal

key_word07

Hi Hi..my wedding in 11Nov this yr too...i also dunno when i shld call them..or will they call us automatically or not? Did any ladies here when through rehersal with the operation team before actual day?

padi

Hi Babymiki and Twinkle!
My wedding is in July, and I think we will need to call up PPR to fix a date for our food tasting, earliest 3 months before AD. I suppose they'll call too but I am more concerned that if we do wait for them then it'll be very close to the AD.

So I guess a good time to call them is 3 months before AD.

Rehearsal is normally done on the AD right? I don't know if they'll open up the ballroom for rehearsal before AD. Can try!
happy.gif

xiao_u

Hi baby miki,

seriously, I do not know that manager name, coz...I was spinning then.. only rem a young skinny chap with specs in suit...he chase me while my guest are around sigh...

and you know what... I had sent an email to the GM John... till now no reply....

guess thats what hap when you had finish your payment...

sad...

babymiki2003

hi twinkle,
i doubt they will call us themselves. better to chase them.

Hui, is 3 mths good enough? we need more time for printing the cards a not?

xiao_u, jus wanna know if its kriss who's chasing after u. i/my husband/FPIL will scold the hell out of these ppl if they dare to chase us for payment when most of the guests still ard. soooo damn rude.

padi

babymiki: 3 months shld be sufficient. cos printing is quite fast, then u have 2 months to distribute your cards.

key_word07

Xiao You..i think from previous thread...most of the bride doesn't get reply from their management so fast one..
IT IS EXTREMELY RUDE TO CHASE AFTER US FOR PAYMENT ESP OUR GUEST STILL AROUND!!RADICULOUS! SAME SAME MIKI..me and my hubby will sure we will kick a fuss at and scold the manager upside down if he ever do this! If guest all leave liao..still never mind lei...WITH GUEST AROUND..MAKE US Embarrass man!!

xiao_u

Hi twinkle & babymiki,

Well to be fair, most of the guest had left, still there were some of them, coz they were still drinking so I had to have a last drink with them before sending them on the way. Seriously cant rem who was it, but is Kriss the one who is very skinny and small built. Well the guy I rem is not very chinese looking, is he the one. If so I even more angry, he was the one who give (I forgotten who from the previous thread) a hell of trouble and yell at her. If your coordinator is Kriss and its the same person, then better watch out... there was a big difference in my wedding, between the 1st and second part, between Roy and "him".

babymiki2003

kriss is the sales manager and took over my acct after fiona. he should not be the one to chase for payment rite?

anyway, i have not seen him b4 and i cant stand the comments about him already...argggg

padi

I hope so too babymiki! So far not too bad. Ok lah. Hehe..

My food tasting is on 9 March 2007, a bit early cos my dad is going overseas for a few months. Will be a bit late to go for food tasting once he gets back. Will let you all know how it goes.
happy.gif

xiao_u

wow, this thread is really quiet here.... kriss has left? good! but the GM has yet to reply me.... what good will come out when the head is bad? its more than a month already

xiao_u

wow, this thread is really quiet here.... kriss has left? good! but the GM has yet to reply me.... what good will come out when the head is bad? its more than a month already

padi

Hi all,

After a long discussion with my FH, we are considering letting go of our Plaza Park Royal 8 course Dinner Wedding Banquet Package.

Package secured at a wedding fair for $670nett per table.

Free flow of beer or 1 bottle of wine per table.
Can take between 25 tables to 32 tables. One night stay at bridal suite with buffet breakfast for 2 persons, and one additional night of stay at deluxe room (with buffet breakfast) to be used either that evening or another evening.

The only drawback is that we have consumed our complimentary food tasting. I apologize for that.

We have paid a deposit of $3k. To let go as we have changed our minds about holding a wedding banquet. Transfer goes to the highest bidder. If anyone interested please PM me.

Thanks.

shanuren

Hi!

Any Nov 07 brides letting off your Parkroyal dinner package on 17th Nov, kindly contact me at [email protected] or PM me.

I can't seem to find any dinner venue that meets my requirement for about 28 tables. If you are willing to let go, please do let me know, k?

Thank you very much!

strongyetweak

Hi all!!

Has anyone held their weddings/attended weddings at the chinese restaurant?

Just called the hotel and was told that with my capacity (15 - 20 tables), the chinese restaurant will be allocated for the wedding dinner.

padi

Arlo gers. I received another call. My coordinator quit again. *sigh*
Ever since I signed my contract 1 year ago, I've had 4 coordinators.
sad.gif

key_word07

oh dear..who is your coordinator hui?
I suggest you ask for felicia..she is quite snr there...very rare chance she will quit!She is a nice lady i am sure she will help you.

padi

Twinkle: CAnnot leh I try before when Fiona left. She says cannot cos Felicia already have her own workload. *cries*

babymiki2003

hui,

the one after kriss is what stalwart izit?

i read that he's also very problematic in the PPR ROM thread. haiz...when can they get someone proper.

padi

Finally know that my coordinator is Shalica. I've met her once during a staff retreat at PPR last Oct. So far my impression of her not bad.

Kriss was quite problematic. Stalwart..was ok. Efficient but me cannot connnect well with him. So I'm quite content to have Shalica.

Hopefully no more change. Even my very patient FH is getting quite upset with them.

tkl7665

just like to check, tried sending an email to Felicia to ask her about some things, but got the out of office reply that she is on medical leave till July...

after thoughts anyone???

tkl7665

okie... seriously, this is begining to freak me out... just a query, how much trouble does it cause when you have a change of coordinator???

verigracia

oh my god..My coordinator is Shalica,i think she have AP problem when she coming to leave the hotel here.She don't bother to get what i want and special request that i mentioned to her.. haizz... forget it, they will lose a customer here..

wtpoh

Hi Everyone,

I am new here. Has anyone held their weddings/attended weddings at the ParkRoyal Hotel at beach road?
Do you have/encounter problems entertaining your guests or during cocktail reception with the shared foyer between the 2 ballrooms in level 4?

Pls kindly share with me. Thanks.

lara

hi can anyone tell me the email add of the GM? i can't seem to find it on their website n i wan to lodge a complain against them. Thanks!

lara

thanks hui =) i sent it to all the various depts oredi.

had a not-so-wonderful ROM there.. very angry with the coordinator

khloh46

Hi All,

I am thinking of booking plaza park royal.

Can anyone send me their package? I dont know what to bargain...

padi

Honestly, I'll advise u guys to consider elsewhere unless they start picking up their service. I am so frustrated with them I want to vomit blood.

babymiki2003

actually hui, i think its bcos they cant find elsewhere liao then they think of PPR.

i'm also getting worried. only few more months away..so sian.

sockie

Hi,

Heard of many bad experiences with PPR here. Is the service level still tat bad?

I m thinking of arranging a time to have a tour to discussing with the coordinator abt wedding banquet. Who will u recommend to look for? Have u heard of Ms Elsie, the banquet sales manager? Or can i look for Felicia?

tkl7665

had previously met up wtih Felicia, nice lady and from the comments, i believe she would be the best person to work with???