Plaza Park Royal

padi

cpl: I chose 1 night stay at Bridal Suite and the other 1 night stay at a deluxe room for helpers. My package has both.

gregina

wah Hui, ur package is good! I only have room for myself. Still thinking whether if I can nego for a room for my helpers.

padi

cpl: we bought my package in March this year. Maybe thats why we got that deal.
happy.gif

janelsy

Hi All,

I liase with Ms P. I sent email to her few times also no reply. Fiona usually reply on the the same day. My wedding will be in a week time. Many things also not settle. At this crucial time, do you think i can change coordinator? They don't seem to be working closely with me and not even concern that the date is drawing super near lo.

Anyone would like to share their experience with Ms P?

padi

Janelsy: As a customer I believe you have the right to call her up and have a word with her. Give her the list of things not done. Tell her your expectations of her and if she continues like this, you SHOULD change ur coordinator. Maybe ask for Kriss?

rachelkoh

I agreed with Hui. Give her a call. If no one pick up the phone, drop by and ask for help.

You should have sent out the invitation cards, confirmed number of guests, theme of the ballroom, and have your food tasting done by now.

minicutie

Hi Janeslay,

I have same experience as you. Send her email no reply. I ended up sent a more strong email. Then she called me.

My AD coming soon too. Have not confirm the number of tables, but have settled with her the theme.

If not you can give her a call to follow up with her.

I agreed that Fiona reply promptly.

xin2

i've been liasing with kriss and feel that he's really a nice guy.

though sometimes may reply us a bit late, but generally still try his best to do wat we ask for. For my invitation cards, i required extra, in the end he tried to give it to me FOC lor.

he also told me a lot about the difficulties they face working under Ms P, everything also muz give black and white explanation. so sometimes it's hard for them to request for other perks for us.

Think Ms P is the section head. Well, for those of u that ur wedding is coming and a lot of things not settled, i wld suggest that u call up and ask them.

Cos no matter wat, we are the customer and they sld provide the good service.

Kriss is fast to settle things early, but of cos, u muz take the initiative to settle things early too. Then wun need to wait till last minute.

If anyone of u not happy, can let me know. Cos i have the no of their division head. then u all can talk to him directly to complain or seek help lor.

rinsan

Hi All,

I am still considering where to have my dinner and shortlisted Plaza Park Royal.

Think I am attached to Shalica for consultantion all that? Any feedback on her?

Btw, any feedback on the place? Food? Perks?

Anyone can share their package? Can be reach at [email protected]

Thanks in advance

sirwin

Hi all,

I juz held my wedding @ PPR...I muz say both "thumbs DOWN"

U can have e best of coordinators like felicia or kriss(pre-sales) but no point if U cant the best-alike for operations, cos tat is the nite when U need them to "perform"

service lvl: terrible

will share at an approriate time, but is not unique to mi, happened before if U refer to archive postings. ;(

sirwin

Hi xiao lao shu, can PM mi the contact of PPR division head? I counting down to see how long they wil take to reply my complaint letter before I activate their division head. thanks.

sirwin

Hi all,

juz take note to engage another helper to "monitor", by right, we shld not macro manage tis portion
- top up of drinks
- change of plates
- on & off gather guests' experience for the dinner (during, NOT after e dinner,pls)

esp if your wedding night got 3-4 events(incl. your)

ribenna

hi
anyone have lorbang for printer
the printer felicia recommend charges us 60cents for 1 card ex.....

any1 hav good lorbang for the card ??

doggy_gal

Hi all,

I just came back from honeymoon. We left immediately the next day aft our wedding on sat. Have to say tat i agree with Win that service sucks. However in my case my complain is with Kriss (my coordinator who took over Fiona). On Sun, i called him to screw him upside down. Although he tried to pacify me on that day, i'm still going to write in a formal complain letter. Who shld i write in to? The PPR division head? Win, did they response to your letter?

key_word07

Ya Agnes and Win..mayb you both can share with us what happen in your AD, so that we can take note lor.Now i am quite worried lei..my coordinator is felica..she is very nice and friendly and very accomodating...
At first we liase with Ms P..but she seem very "GO BY BOOK" Style... So we actually already gave up our Hope there! Until my friend who sign up her package with PPR recommend me to felica...everything went on smoothly and we sign up with her immediately.

doggy_gal

The night events didn't go badly for me as i took note of the past comments of previous brides and win's comments too abt their service.

Just a technical glitch when the projector was overheated and the slideshow had to be delayed till after the 1st course.

My issue is mainly with Kriss and i dun feel it's right to post the comments here.

If any brides has Kriss as your coordinator, PM me and i'll share with you my experience.

doggy_gal

Hi xiao lao shu,

Let's just say the night went well for everyone else cos they do not know what's the exact details supposed to be. I'm the one who knows what i told him and therefore expected things to be done in a different way.

It's not PPR issue at all but Kriss issue. I'm questioning his professionalism esp since he tried to cover his own butt and shift the blame to others. That's the thing that really pissed me off and made me take action.

minicutie

Hi All,

My wedding dinner just over and just back from my trip.

We are very angry and dissapointed with PPR service. They served wrong menu. We have changed the 8 treasure shark fin soup (green colour) to normal shark fin soup with crab meat but their did not change for us.

Another silly mistake was we ordered 9 courses dinner but they only served 8 courses.

There was delay on the projector for the highlight.

Table arrangement was wrong. My coordinator (our friend) have to re-arrange it and my hubby have to spend time on it.

Hubby was very angry over all these mistake. Especially when served the green soup... lot of guest given bad comments on it... ai.....

Really very angry over all these mistake.... My ex- coordinator (Fiona) done a good job for my ROM, but after she left PPR, my wedding day full of mistake.

We have wrote to their F&B Manager and waiting for their reply.

All brides please be more careful to check on the menu that place on the table.

padi

Oh dear..
so many Brides complain about PPR in a row - Wins, Agnes, Minicutie.
sad.gif

Can let us know what happens after this? I am starting to get very worried.

doggy_gal

Hi Minicutie,

Really sorry to hear abt what happened. Was your coordinator Kriss too? I also share similar feelings that Fiona was a lot better! btw which day was your AD?

I had a huge problem with my menu initially too cos Kriss kept referring to the wrong menu too. But i made him write the changes on the food tasting form then from then on it was correct. But hor...an hour b4 the dinner supposed to start, one of the F&B personnel actually asked my fren to confirm the menu with them again! really dunno what happened to the communication within their staff.

If it's of any comfort to u...i also changed the eight treasure sharkfin to normal crabmeat sharkfin. Feedback from guest was it doesn't taste good too. My bro who tried the 8 treasure sharkfin during food tasting actually felt that the 8 treasure one tasted better.

minicutie

Hi Agnes,

My AD was 2 weeks before. My coordinator is Pauline.

We have communicated with Fiona on email and confirmed on the menu. In fact we changed few items after the food tasting. All the amendments was make except the shark fin soup. The worse is we ordered 9 courses but they serve 8 courses.

They give us the table arrangement floor plan and yet they make mistake on that. Last minitues we have to re-arrange for them.

If we need to worry all these small stuffs that should be taken care by the hotel coordinator, why should we pay hotel price?

Overall our feedback is thumb down.

doggy_gal

Hi Minicutie,

I'm wondering if our wedding is on the same day. Mine's 14 Oct.

I totally agree with you. Dunno what's the hotel coordinator for at all when they can't even settle all these small things.

I didn't bother to write in to F&B. I wrote in to the GM. Keep each other updated on their response.

ribenna

hi gals
so sorry to heard abt your bad experience with PPR.

Well i am getting a bit worried as my wedding is coming soon

hey any 1 of u work with felicia b4 she seem yto be okie but like v bussy ...

lintoes

so sorry to hear abt all your bad experiences....
have u all pay all the remaining sum ? if for me i m sure i would not pay them e remaining until all mistakes make by them has been accounted for ..

rachelkoh

OMG! I'm very worried too. Mine also coming soon. Tried email several times but no response. Must call and drop in next week liao. Up to now, I still do not know who is taking over mine account after Fiona left.

To summarize the above complains, below are the items we have to remind and specially make note to the cordinator:

1) Food menu
2) Table arrangement
3) Waiter/waitress services

minicutie

Hi Agnes,

I got reply from them. Offer both of us dinner at the Plaza Brasserie.

DINNER!!!! pls.... wat is that? unacceptable...

meifang

Hi Minicutie, Agnes and Win,

sorry to hear all these...
this is really scaring mine in dec
sad.gif

think sh'd get a better deal than just a dinner...

sirwin

Hi all,

sorry, juz bck from my HM, didnt know PPR still not have the problem resolved after meeting Pauline personally before my trip.

I got a reply from pauline verbally during the meetup, was offered another free night stay cos I have not yet used my wedding perks: buffet dinner for 2 PAX & spa pkg(cos st gregory was having renovation during our wedding period), so wil use all at 1 go.

For coming BTBs, juz worked on our feedback (minicutie, agnes & mine), the rest leave it to fate as long as U have done your part of prep, half a battle is won.

xin2

hi win,
ware did u go for your HM? hope u had an enjoyable time.
my wedding is in 1 mth's time. just hope everything goes smoothly.
think got to keep reminding them and also check very carefully wat they write down wen discussing the final details with them.
on that day also be there early to confirm everyhting lor. tats abt all we can do i guess.
like wat win said, leave it to fate... haiz...

sirwin

hi xiao lao shu,

we went to 12D swiss/italy by Super Travels, realli enjoyed ourselves!

to all:

yes, get 1 super cordinator, else 2 cordinators, 1 to monitor guests experience e.g. drinks, lightings, condensation, plates change, etc. another for photo-taking session, montage, guests arrival etc.

all e best to all!

doggy_gal

Hi Minicutie,

I just called and asked for the GM name and addressed my letter to him.

Got an email reply on wed from Alex Hoon, F&B Manager saying that their GM just came back from vacation and they will investigate and get back to me in 7 days.

doggy_gal

For all future brides, here's the compiled things to look out for.

1) Food menu (double check and triple check esp if u make changes from the food tasting menu)
2) Table arrangement
3) Projector & Slideshow (make sure u have a fren in charge of it)
4) Lighting (inform them wat kind of atmosphere u want for the march in or assign someone to do it)
5) Sound system (someone's feedback was music too soft i think)
6) Service
- inform them not to rush guests
- top up the drinks
- clear the plates
- timing of the courses
5)Condensation in Stamford Ballroom (make sure the terrace door is not left open during cocktail)

1 coordinator is def not enough. I had a lot of differnt coordinators for different things. I believed my wedding went a lot smoother as compared to Win and Minicutie. So just to share what roles i assigned my frens to...

1 main coordinator
1 supporting coord
1 personal assistant for bride
1 in charge of solemnisation
3 IT/AV (1 in charge solely of my solemnisation outdoor system and the ballroom lighting; 1 in charge of ballroom IT/slideshow; 1 for ballroom PA system cos we brought in our own sound system)

From the others feedback, you may want to have another IC solely for F&B. We didn't have this cos my hubby in F&B and so we did received pretty good F&B service that day.

Hope that this info will be useful!

minicutie

Hi All,

I also assigned frens for all the checking. Is good to reach the hotel early to check with the hotel operation.

They might not listen to your coordinator (fren) but is better to stand firm and issist want them to comply with what you all have decide. My coordinator feedback to me that the operation staffs do not accept her advise and ensure that things will work properly but at the end still got delay on the highlight. My coordinator was angry with them.

Agnes was right, better get coordinator(frens) to assist. I have gave my coordinator a list of stuffs to check and their duty. Therefore, we managed to resolve their mistake before the dinner start.

Except the menu we missed up as we thought it should be fully taken care by hotel.

xiao_u

Hi xiao lao shu & minicutie,

i'm new here, juz realized we are taking french bridal and plaza park royal together.

LOOKS LIKE I HAD CHOSEN BOTH MY BS and hotel wrongly! OMG! my AD is approachin.....siao liao!

Anyone here knows what are the items that are good on the menu? Tried the green shark fin soup, taste horrible!

Anyone done her ceremony @ the poolside? any comments?

Thanks thanks

jasc

Hi all

I had my banquet in Plaza Hotel more than 1.5 years ago. Has the service really deteriorated so much? My coordinator was Yvonne Lee, has she left already?

padi

Hi Agnes,
hope they'll make some changes to their service. Its really disheartening for me to see this happening in PPR.
sad.gif