Plaza Park Royal

janelsy

Hi Ladies,

All bridal suite is fully book the the day. So hav to do it with deluxe room, anyway I have to top up $200 for upgrade of room. I think since mine is weeklunch so there is nothing much to do with it. But hor.. the room seems very empty only have a small stage no decor.

meifang

Hi Huiz,

think those posted by Li Ann are the latest cards. I just collected my cards chose the old ones instead;)

hamsterden

Huiz...the cards and the keychain are supposedly the latest designs PPR have...but i've feedback to Fiona that they are not nice...hopefully they are indeed sourcing for better and nicer designs.

Babymiki...erm...think my appt is at 11am leh...wa...they have so many couples signing up with them hor... my AD is on 121206. It's a Tues
happy.gif

Janelsy...since their bridal suite is fully booked...then all the more you should ask for two nites stay as "compensation". Cos Deluxe Room is not the same as Bridal Suite de. And you shouln't be "penalized" for that cos at point of placing the deposit with them, you wouldn't expect the bridal suite to be fully booked right? If PPR went on to say that they cannot oblige to that request, then suggest the option to have the free nite stay on another day OR if you dun mind the additional free nite stay, use the chance to ask for free favors instead. :p

Regarding the decor portion, if you do want some floral arrangement, you can either engage a florist on your own or get June Florist (PPR works with them) to do some enhancement for a fee..think cheaper. Flowers are usually expensive...candles can create lots of mood and effect...you may want to ask if Fiona can loan some candles free and then you do some decor yourself?

doggy_gal

Hi Minicutie, we had our food tasting last week already. Collected the invitation cards too. now doing the insert layout.

huiz

Hey Li Ann,

Ya la, the cards boh sui!! They better do something about it man.

Yes, can someone share June's quotation? Somehow I have this feeling that June is still quite ok. At least PPR not working with some kuching kurap florist that we have never heard of.

sirwin

Hi Agnes, how much did Richard quote U for xxx no. of inserts + ribbons?

mine was $125 for 200 inserts + ribbons. thanks.

janelsy

Ladies,

What is the color of the card? Fiona show me the white and silver card. I find it ok ar.. By the the way, is the map printed on the card? SO we jus need to print the inlet is it?

ribenna

Hi Ladies
any1 have deal with felicia B4, she will be my co- ordinator as Vincent hv left
sad.gif

how is she , friendly ?

doggy_gal

Hi Win, i'm still waiting for him to get back to me regarding the quotation. However since i have the $100 printing voucher, i didn't give this costing much thought. Which card did u choose? i chose the cream and gold one. Totally agree that all the designs are horrible.

Janelsy, the map will be provided with the invitation cards. It's on an extra piece of insert that u slot into the card.

hamsterden

i'll try to ask for June Florist's quotation...

Xiong...Felicia, i heard is nice and friendly and apparently the more experienced one too...

A couple of gals and myself are having Fiona, whose service has been quite inconsistent apparently...but so far i'm fine dealing with her...can be a bit blur...just need some probing and nudging to oblige to your requirement.

happy.gif

sirwin

Hi Agnes,

I was quoted $120(inserts) & $5(ribbons) = $125 for 200 inserts/ribbons. I also have e $100 voucher, so top up wil be $25, I intend to ask for 20-25 inserts more at e same price, mean complimentary from Richard. Top up is all right, juz check whether is it consistent amg PPR couples, I was told if purely based on $100 voucher w/o top up, can only print 100 inserts as the setup cost is ard $80-$90 itself, I cant find any rationale here but respect his explaination. So in short with $25 top up, I can 'get' another 100-125 inserts more, so logically seemed 'worth' it. In fut, if U shortage of e.g. 10 or 20 pieces, the add. cost will be $80-$90 cos of the re-setup cost itself, so was advised by Richard to budget carefully how many cards we realli need to avoid reprint at an lata stage.

I hav 100 red & 100 white/silver, actually same design as wat Li Ann posted earlier, since is their latest design. I saw my col one who hold his in yr dec 2001, red one with 'Xi' word, just that the 'Xi' word is carved out to form the word.

janelsy, yes the map is provided to insert or glue to 1 side of e card, whichever U deemed suit to place it.

I with Fiona, so far can work with her on my AD, can pretty click well. ;)

doggy_gal

Thanks for e info. Will get back to u how much he quotes me.

I get along really well with Fiona too. She's been really nice and personal towards my hb and I. Thumbs up from me so far!
happy.gif

havavi

Hi hi,
The aircon vent i m talking abt is those on the left side of the stage, when facing stage. so its those most inner part of the room. its pretty cold that night, with aircon blasting onto my head.
Hope the management had done something abt it.

meifang

Hi Win,

yup that was the rate Richard quoted me too
just that I dun have $100 voucher;(

Hi Xiong,

Felicia was my coordinator all along, I would say she is pretty gd and friendly so dun worry u r in safe hands
happy.gif

sirwin

Hi meifang,

my $100 voucher is a promo item thrown in during sep 2005 wedding show sign up. Have confirmed e wordings & ink(matt gold) with Richard, wil wait for approx. 5 working days before I go collect.

meifang

Hi win,

ok i wait for your inserts to be printed out 1st cos i abit confused between hotstamping and normal printing...if inserts no need hotstamping will it look nice? if hotstamping i thinking of some cartoon of card cover cos the card looks abit plain but will cost more ...so still abit indecisive;)

sirwin

meifang, if I not wrong, hotstamping is to get e words printed on your wed cards directly instead of inserting another page(called insert) to the wed card. I didnt used hotstamping in case shld I write the guest name wrongly, I juz waste 1 insert instead of 1 card, so my inserts is > than wed cards. U just think of 1 more page inside your card.

U can get Richard to mail U a sample, or discuss with them how to design the card cover, be it on existing ones or totally a new one..i can sense tat wil not be cheap, initially inteprete tat U wan to add pic or cartoon inside e card or something...

sirwin

understand from fiona the current red wine served at PPR is SERAME from south Africa, cabernet sauvignon. I cant find tis over e internet or cold storage, have not check up carre4 thou, if anyone of U managed to see tis wine, pls share with me hw much per bot, though Fiona say only can get thru supplier, but was thinking to give it a try by searching.

for those gg for foodtasting, can order 1 bot to go alg with foodtasting, see how it blend in with e food, anyway, they only served tea & ice/warm water during food tasting, no soft drinks, gt to pay yrself. thanks.

doggy_gal

Hey Win,

Got the same quote of $125 from Richard. He says he can stretch up to 220 inserts. sigh...my MIL forbids me to collect the inserts during the 7th month. so have to inform richard that i can only collect them at a much later date.

anyone else facing the same probs as me that cant do anything prep during 7th month?

crystalz

I ask Richard abt the cost of the insert. Okie.. its ex cos they are using the 'tracing' paper. i ask richard if they have any cheaper material... He say the hotel spent spent so much on the card, how can they use 'cheap' material to do the insert. I was thinking... the card very nice meh... all so ugly.. can't even find one that is unique... He say till like their cards very highclass... and cannot use cheapo material...

sirwin

Hey Agnes,

go for 225 or 230 inserts, since setup cost is 1x. X'tra 5-10 pieces is beter than less, My AD is 8 days after e 7th mth due to 2x 7th mth tis yr, so if I can only do collection, write, send after 7th mth, practically not possible, our sides ok with the arrangement, as long as we dun go tat elaborate shld be fine, your is ard 3 wks after 7th mths, mabbe still can 'squeeze' all tis, but U realli gt to plan it nicely, can't afford any delay I guessed...

Hi Crystalz, in short, he only got 1 type of paper, tat is 'tracing' paper, no nid to beat ard e brushes lah ;)

meifang

Hi win,

think i abit lazy to tie the strings myself so hehe i have asked a printer to hotstamp my cards
happy.gif

ok lah this one quite reasonable 240 cards plus front cover cartoon is about 160 so ok lah ;-)

Hi Agnes,

ophs cannot collect cards during 7th month huh? then mine also have to collect after 7th month i suppose...;)

minicutie

Hi All,

I am back from my food tasting.

The food portion is big. The drunken prawns very nice, fresh scallop in yam ring also fantasy, the fish is fresh. But we feel that the deco for the food not nice. We have commentted on that hope they improve it.

We had tried the 8 treasure shark fin. It is green in colour. We dun like the taste. Especially my future father-in-law. He keeps complaint on that dish. Other than that, he also commentted that the cool dish not nice etc....and asking for those food that hotel not provided. Ai.... make me very angry....

Overall we feel that the food still consider acceptable.

doggy_gal

Hi Win, I'm ok with 220 pieces. 5 more extra won't make a difference since 200 is already extra for me.

Hi meifang, U designed your own card cover? Not using the one provided by the hotel? The price seems reasonable.

Hi Minicuite, my in-laws also very particular abt food. They dislike the 8 treasure shark fin too. But guessed they went in with the mindset that plaza serves good food so they liked most of the dishes. However i agree that the presentation is terrible. Pathetic esp for the cold dish.

padi

Hi Minicutie and Agnes!
Wah looks like quite a few people don't like the 8 treasure shark fin soup. Oh dear. Think I'll reconsider this dish.

Will they do anything to improve the presentation? Do let us know if they did take your comments into consideration.
happy.gif

janelsy

Hi Ladies,

I was quoted $1 for envelope,card & map. I was curious how it look like. Is the map preprinted on the card itself and we just print one insert or hotpress on the card ourself?
Oh no.. seems like I hav not done anything yet..

doggy_gal

The card designs are posted above. scroll up to see. 2 colours for the envelope - pink or white, depending on which card u choose. The map is printed on a separate square piece of tracing paper insert. U just slot it into the card or glue it to one side.

I didn't ask abt hotpressing on the card itself but shldn't be a problem. Personally think it'll look better to have inserts and tie the gold strings.

meifang

Hi Agnes,

no i am still using the hotel card but add some cartoon in front to enhance it;)

Hi Minicutie,

ok tks for the info
happy.gif
then wat do u intend to have for sharks fin? think most probably will reference the dishes most of u use;) Tks a lot!

xin2

anyone used the plaza ballroom?
how did u all use the projecto provided?
isit troublesome to have to move up and down the stage?
pls share ur experience with me. thanks..

meifang

Hi Agnes,

I use the red card with the xi word on top and the cream card with an wedding invitation on top;)
printed and collected oredi
happy.gif
looks quite nice heehee;)

doggy_gal

Thanks meifang, think i'll just save the money. don't want to spend too much on invitation since not many pp appreciate it.

babymiki2003

yes, they will give u same samples when u sign the contract, basically for u to view the fonts available and the chinese details. the printer itself will have more fonts available.

butterkiss

Hi LeOi3,
Eh... actually what you wanna see? the setting? or the overall feel? I used the Stamford Ballroom back then and I believe there are some renovations after my AD...
happy.gif

padi

Ooohhh..anyone know when she is leaving and who's gg to take over?? Not someone too new and inexperienced I hope.
sad.gif

hamsterden

I tried contacting Fiona to verify the "rumor" but she has not replied me since...quite worrying...
Will try to call the hotel to ask if she still did not reply...

hamsterden

yoz people...the truth is out...
I managed to speak to Fiona this morning and she comfirmed that she is leaving...and Felicia will handle all her cases for the time being.

Whatever correspondences with her are filed together with the agreement and passed on to Felicia.

padi

hello Li Ann - So sad.
sad.gif

I liked working with Fiona.
At least Felicia is taking over, and is someone I am comfortable with.
happy.gif

Thanks Li Ann!