Plaza Park Royal

padi

Hi Li Ann and Agnes,
You girls offer very good advice. I hope I remember it when my turn comes! Still far away! hahaha. Will try to remember!
happy.gif

Thanks once again!

sirwin

Hi Agnes,

I tried the shark fins scallops for my food tasting, realli dark though taste is all rite, alotsa sharkfins, not tat watery, but I will still change to crabmeat cos of the colour.

The yam sago is not the yam pasta that they offered sometimes back, so tat cld explain why is not strong enuff.

sirwin

Hi Agnes,

yes, got to let U know tis,else U kena something like the treasures soup thingy...even my FIL also commented so, crabmeat is safer, recommended by prev. PPR brides, even other hotels that I check randomly also served shark fins with crabmeat, so shld be a safe option. thanks.

hamsterden

hui...you are more than welcome!
happy.gif
I have the kaypo streak in me la...hands itchy to write something all the time de.

Agnes, Win... making me very hungry...never a green curry nor a prawn fan but you make me want to try the green curry prawn! :D~~~~

hamsterden

minicutie...they have three themes:
1. White wedding
2. Zen
3. Purpel Romance

The pics for the first two themes are posted earlier.
happy.gif

hamsterden

huiz...i answer your questions here hor...
happy.gif

mm..honestly, if you are not particular about the ballroom decor, it is plain and simple. The basic kind...nothing fanciful... the zen theme exudes mood more than white wedding. But the presence of flowers make the otherwise boring ballroom (no chandeliers) a bit more lively...not so cold...so it is two different appeal...

Between this two themes, zen is prolly more unusual...

but if you already have so few tables, it will make the ballroom looks more bare..

some people not bothered by the theme so doesnt matter...but i ai peen ai qing...hoping to enhance it a bit bit with bit bit money :p

the one i saw was poppy floral. i'm seeking second opinion from secret garden. they seemed to be more experienced.

doggy_gal

Hi Win,

Thanks for ur advice. I've already informed Fiona to change mine to crabmeat.

Anyone has the Purp Romance theme photo to share? Personally i prefer something that's more striking in terms of colour. e.g. All red roses. Any idea if can change the white roses to red roses for the White Theme?

huiz

Hi Li Ann,

Actually my hubby is really more keen on the Zen one too. But I have yet to ask Fiona for the pics of the place with the full Zen deco. That day went to see the place after renov but can't seem to get the full feel leh.

I ask her for some pics 1st and see how. I have about 20 tables la, so if it still looks bare, then perhaps I really need to do something about it lor. Too bad I flower sucker leh.... can't do without nice nice ones! Ahahaha!

So did secret garden give u good suggestions? I heard that its one of the better florists around but is it exp?

sirwin

No problem, Agnes.

My final list is:
1) mayonnaise prawns & fruit salad, drunken chicken, pink dory, slied pork & chilled salmon)
2) Sharks fin soup with crabmeat
3) steamed coral garoupa in 'teochew style'
4) roasted crispy chicken with 'spiced salt'
5) drunken 'live' prawns with thai chilli sauce
6) black mushroom with spinach
7) 8 treasures rice wrapped with lotus leaf
8) hot yam sago puree with pukin cube

My budget for the theme is $0, so will make do with the available resources..haha, was hapi with e PPR renovation results alreadi, let me know if anyone of U have the quote from secret garden or poppy floral, wanna have a feel of the cost for e top up.

janelsy

Hello Everyone..

I will be having my wedding in PPR too but it's a wedding buffet lunch style.
I have paid $500 deposit but hav not fax to them the contract yet.
We did not do much negotiating and agree with what is offered to us.
Me abit blur to all these stuff.. probably can anyone advise what else shld i ask for? BTW mine is a lunch buffet.

sirwin

Hi Hui,

hot yam sago puree is more watery as compared with ornee, which is thicker, I think they offered it years back but finally replaced with hot yam sago...

Hi Janelsy, mabbe U can list out what have been offered to U? thanks.

minicutie

Hi,

Can share ur quotation from the florist? I also feel that their deco is acceptable but too simple and plain. I also considering to add additional deco but must depend on the cost.

janelsy

Hi Win,

Here it goes:

1)A sumptuous lunch reception spread OR chinese set lunch
2)Free flow of soft drinks & coffee/tea
3)Choice of indoor or outdoor venues
4)A night stay in our deluxe room
5)Waiver of corkage for hard liquors (Duty Paid & Sealed)
6)VIP parking lot at Hotel’s entrance
7)Special wine promotions for our house pour at only $20.00Nett per bottle
8)Special hotel room rates for overseas guests
9)Elaborate themes and flower arrangement can be arranged at a special rate
10)Choice of wedding favours/mementos can arranged at $1.50Nett each

hamsterden

i've seen the purp romance pic before...it looks just like the white wedding theme except for the stage, purple cloth is used. Roses are used for the White Wedding, but they allow you to choose from white, pink, red roses...but the roses are the small small Malaysian type...not the deep red type which is more elegant. I am also thinking of using that type of roses.

Poppy Floral quoted me $2100 for ballroom decor and $1300 for the pavillion decor... the ballroom decor consists of floral stands along thr aisle, stage, cake, reception table, VIP center piece only. This is excluding guest centerpiece.

I'm still waiting for the price quote from Secret Gardens... and am checking out with June Florist (the one PPR uses) on the "top-up" cost.

Sigh...i'm also a flower sucker but the decor is way above my budget...i need to brainstorm for something...

huiz

Hmm, ya lor, it's quite a bomb for flowers that will wilt after some time. And most prolly we wouldn't and can't bring them home after the dinner. See how lor, hopefully June can give a reasonable top up. June does give me a good impression of being one of the better florist around.

havavi

Hi,
just went to a wedding last week at the Stamford Room. It was White Wedding theme. The candle stand on the stage wasnt very stable. it topples over quite easily. 1st it toppled and rested on the grooms head, cos the stage is actually quite small. Luckily no fire caught on. but i guess some wax was spilled, not sure if it stained the WG of the bride. the 2nd time it toppled was when a kid went up the stage playing around. the stand hit the kid head and wax spilled all over the kid. but dont think its very hot. cos didnt see the kid cry.

The food was good, espeically the E fu noodle. the most tasty among all Chinese dinner i ever been to.

One incident during dinner, water droplets from the aircon vent is dripping on the guests. the manager had to use a wiper to wipe the vents above 3 tables during the dinner.

The napkin and chopsticks got fishy smell. Not only my set. wonder what kind of soap they used for washing?

The staffs that night very newbie. didnt know what is stout! cant blame them as they are only part time student. 1 waiter cleared my table of everything half way, then his friend came over and tell him still have E fu noodle and desserts. he was like 'oh @#*'.

hamsterden

:S
*faint* the candle stand toppled over??
gosh... think really must do something to the stage..
And the fishy smell?? :S
Really ah... like that very worrisome leh...
Waiters' service can improve over time i guess...
sigh...

janelsy

What is name of the room that has a view beside the entrance to the garden?
I;ve seen the room, the stage is indeed qquite small, is that the one u girls are talking abt?

hamsterden

janelsy...thats the Stamford Ballroom and the other bigger one is Plaza Ballroom

Babymiki...i took the free flow of beer and then the 6 bottles of wine @ $30 each so as to get waiver for the wine corkage.

I'm supposed to sign the agreement this Sat...now a bit sian...the stage candle thing can be avoided but the leaking aircon and fishy chopstick and napkins cannot... definitely have to make sure by then it wun happen...

huiz

Ya, I am taking the free flow beer too. Think its more worth it. And I don't think many other places have this offer. As for the wine, I havent decided on that yet.

padi

Hi Babymiki I took the free flow beer. More worth it. My FH and I doing away with wine cos we're on a very tight budget.

Jas: Oh dear! Sucha horrible experience.
sad.gif
Who's the coordinator? Anyone meeting PPR staff soon? Maybe can feedback? Sigh.

sirwin

Hi janelsy

2)Free flow of soft drinks & coffee/tea
> can ask for some free beer, like 20l if not 30l?

10)Choice of wedding favours/mementos can arranged at $1.50Nett each

> can free at least 50% of e tables if not 100%? else neg. the price to $1 nett each?

> can ask for 20% or more carpark passes since your is day, carpark shld be quite empty

> can ask for $100 printing voucher for in-house printing service for inserts?

sirwin

oh no, guessed i e nxt one in PPR here, anyone before sep or on sep itself?

I can oni pray hard though wil probe Fiona for more 'details'...realli comical to see candle dropped on groom head, cant imagine if his hair caught fire on e spot...yes, thanks for reminding, kids definitely like to play on stage, need to discuss tis with Fiona, to drop using candles or blew e candles off at appropriate time, all for e sake of safety. ;(

as for e aircon thingy, saw from prev. thread is cos probably the couple using the outdoor (nearer to e stage) as reception, hence reveal e uglyness of condensation which still not 'resolved'? tis oni happened to stamford rm as it's e oni rm which have 1 dr access to e outdoor.

as for e fishy smell, I hope tat they do not rushed washing them after e prev. nite dinner prior my AD...unless they soaked 'them'into the wrong pool of 'water'?

as for inexperienced staff, tis realli common, realli heng suay kinda thing, i heard 2 sides of a story, either aunties (slow but experienced) or students (fast but clumsy, inexperienced)..which one U want? for me, I take mixture of both groups...haha

hamsterden

janelsy...why would you need to pay for the wedding favors? Thought it is part of the wedding package?

If yours is a lunch weekday reception, try to ask for two nights stay in the bridal suite... the deluxe room is additional to the bridal suite i supposed?

doggy_gal

Win...mine's after yours, in Oct.

Yikes...u mean the aircon dripping hasn't been solved? Must ask Fiona abt it. I'm using the Stamford Room. Can i know which vent is the faulty one? Those near the sliding doors is it?

minicutie

Hi,

After reading i feel worry. I am using the Stamford Rm too.

Is very dangerous that the stand topples... Think they should improve on that to prevent it to happen again. This is our big day, we dun wan any incident or unhappiness happen on that day. Moreover it is very embarrassing if incident happen in front of all our guest.

As for the aircon dripping issue, they should look into it without further delay. Imaging how our guess will feel if the water dripping on to her/his/food.

Must highlight to them on the fishy smell too. They must ensure that all utensils are clean.

This Friday i will be having my food tasting, i will bring up this issue to Fiona. Hope they take necessary action on these issue.

Feel worry now....

janelsy

Li Ann,

Mine is a weekend lunch. Wedding Favors not included.
Only hav 1 night stay in the deluxe room, bridal suit must top up about $240 i think.
Fiona says for lunch recept they do not provide any decoration. only the small stage that's all.
As mine only lunch no rom cos I;ve rom 2 yrs ago liao. But the couple keychain look cute. Anyone hav any idea where to look for wedding favors?
You girls can msn me at [email protected] too

janelsy

Minicutie,

Ok, I try to talk to Fiona.
How do you communicate with Fiona? By email?
I have not fax back the contract to them yet, is it ok? It mention I have to reply by 14/July/2006 but I have only receive the official contract by post on 13/July/2006

sirwin

agnes, I not sure which specific area is tat but likely to be near e sliding dr I believed...

wil take it up separately with Fiona, gotta chk my red wine stuff soon...as for e theme, she wil cfm by 14aug whether did the management finalized new themes or not, else wil select the 1 of the existing 3 themes.

janelsy, have passed yr contact to another ger frn of mine who asked me whether wan wedding favours or not,U shld be hearing from her soon...no need to feel sad, is yr big day U know, both U & hb are the hosts of the event...ask yourself which one U wan most? think alg e line where U need to achieve most? conveniences guests (carpass, beer, etc.) or yourself (bridal suite, wedding favours, printing voucher for inserts, etc.) U can bargain for other stuff, no harm like wat minicutie say, they definitely hav a budget to give freebies. ;)

hamsterden

janelsy...the weekend and weekday package really differs by alot hor... better nego before you sign anything. What you can do is to nego item by item...go thru the list and decide what is the max nego and the compromising nego...always think out of the box... like what win suggest for the wedding favors...

As for the decor hor...not worth the effort la..cos it is really not nice. ;p

Good luck!

sirwin

janelsy,

neg. 1st face to face before fax over e contract...tis is impt! try not to tok to Fiona over e phone as U can experienced from other feedback of her, not tat she realli haolian my personal feel but positive impression during neg. counts!

Hapi negotiating & gd luck.

sirwin

yup, cant get e best deal, get e 2nd best deal, 3rd best deal...at least get something beter than nothing, provided we ask, tis applied to all neg. dun feel paiseh abt it,,,we are no beggars definitely. wat worst can happened? the most choose other hotels, janelsy ;)

janelsy

I 've jus send an email to Fiona, ask for free beer and cheaper wedding favors.
Would you girls like to share your AD date?

janelsy

Win & Li Ann,

Great to hear encouragement and advise from both of you and girls from this forum.
Infact I have paid $500 deposit already. Last year my bro-in-law had his rom there, I find the food is nice and everything is simple, so I decide to held it there too.
So far I've only seen Fiona once, I find it ok. Our meeting is very fast, she showed us the ballroom and the invitation card only. Fast rite?

sirwin

janelsy,

mine is 29sep. No problem, I also learnt alot of ex-PPR brides here a yr bck..;) we went to their wedding show last yr, so hav e opportunity to see see look look & ask questions, mabbe tat y we decided on e hotel.

Since U hav paid e deposit, try yr best, they shld oblige reasonably.

babymiki2003

hi Li Ann,
i'm also signing my contract this sat le? are u the couple meeting fiona at 11.45am? hmm, when's ur wedding date? i think the aircon vent should be fixed soon enough rite? i'm sure there are comments/complains abt it.

hi Hui,
is it possible to do away with wine? now even the old ppl like to drink red wine le. seems this is unavoidable.

hi janelsy,
win is right. dun discuss too impt/complicated stuffs with fiona over the phone. she very blur on the phone one. and ur perks, try to nego as much as u can lor. see what fiona can give u

huiz

Hi All,

My AD is 17 Mar 07. Haven't gone into the serious talk with Fiona to make sure everything goes well. Still got time to learn from everyone here and drill the things she gotta do into her slowly.... heehee

I signed my contract early this year with the ex snr sales manager. Despite all the glitches (which I hope will have improved, esp the aircon after the renov in May), there is still the glimmer of hope that the food is good, as how the feedback goes.

Well, all of us PPR BTB, keep our spirits high, exercise our rights for the best and I am sure we'll have a very positively memorable AD!

Btw, the ex snr sales manager told me that they have new card designs coming up. Anyone seen them yet? Have pics/comments to share?

padi

Hi Babymiki, my folks are older so they prefer beer. But my friends prefer wine. Too bad lor I don't have budget for wine, just do without it. If my FH and I have extra money after the reno and stuff then I'll consider. Don't want to burst my pocket also.
happy.gif

Hi Jansley, my AD is 070707. Anyone using the Plaza Room on the same day?

doggy_gal

Hi Jansley, Fiona can be really nice. She gave me extra invitation cards when i just merely asked how much the xtras will cost. So like what the rest said, no harm trying
happy.gif

My AD is Oct 14. Stamford Room. I know there will be another wedding at the other ballroom on that day too. Is it anyone here?