Plaza Park Royal

crayola

HI..

i'm also interested in having my dinner there and i know they are having wedding show there this 2nd April.

Not too sure about reviews but I have the package and dinner menu. if you'd like i can email it to you.

hope this helps.

longanne

Hi all,

I will be holding my wedding banquet with Plaza Parkroyal on 30.12.2005. Will be placing my deposit on the 2nd April 05
happy.gif

Any coming plaza parkroyal brides to share the joy? or any ex-plaza parkroyal brides to give us advise?
happy.gif

Thanks

crayola

HI anne

I'm most likely having my dinner there too on 10th Nov. Shld also be placing my deposit on their wedding show! Who's your co-ordinator?

In fact i just went down today to look at the ballroom!

newbbi79

Hi Anne,

So happie for you as your big day coming =D...
I can't find Sally yet to cfm wat time is the wedding show... Have u looked ard for bridal pkgs as well? Bridal COncept will be having their fashion shop there too lor...U can have a look at their pkg =D...

longanne

Hi Esther,

Good! Good! Then we can share our info
happy.gif

My coordinator is Yvonne - she's a nice and friendly lady. I also placing my deposit with Plaza on that day.
How do u find the ballroom & which balloom you are looking at and ow many tables you plan to have?

Hi Newbbi79, Thanks for wishes.. same same to you
happy.gif
hmmm.. Yvonne asks me to go down ard 1pm so that we can catch the bridal's model show etc(i think).. hmmm oie, shall open my eyes for the bridal package since I didnt book any yet.. Hopefully can win someting there.. keke.. (wish only)

crayola

Hi Anne!

Yeah share info....

Vincent is the one i have been communicating with so far he is the snr banquet mgr. Not sure though if he mr coordinator or not.....

haven't found a suitable bridal package too.... Hoping to win something too (AS IF so lucky hahaha!)but the prob is my AD is 10th Nov so may be too late... dunno how.

I'll be taking the bigger ballroom ard 45 tables.. wat abt you?... me thinking of having solemnisation by the pool... very balinese style i heard.... so exciting heheheh

I tot the show was 2-5?

longanne

Hi Esther,

hmmm... havent heard of vincent.. onli heard of felicia and yvonne.. well snr sales manager.. shld have more perks and acommodating of him.
happy.gif

hopefully that day we can win something (bo pi bo pi.. hehe)

i personally think will not be too late...from 2nd april to 10th nov, stll hav 6-7 mths time.. shld be okie.. well, decision is yours..

bet you are taking the grand ballroom. You sure have 45tables? hmm.. i been down once to take a look at the table settings in the grand ballroom.. conincidentally that day has abt 35+2 in the room, well i think is just nice with room for walking.. if you are to have 45nos., i am afraid that it will be rather packed.. anyway maybe can ask your planner to show you any example befoe your wedding date just to confirm
happy.gif

do you find the match-in rather short? we request for a long march-in and she recommends us to enter from the 2 side doors with each of us at the end and meet together at the main entrance to the stage.. find it pretty sweet.. at least lengthening the march-in.. (you may consider also) but bearing in mind that you have to minus out tables to give spare for the march-in.

hmm.. solemnisatin at the pool is romantic.. yeah very balinese style.. then you shld take the stamford room as it links to the pool.. however, it is of a smaller capacity.. hmmm..

well, for the show, let me confirm with my planner on that date. update you again
happy.gif

crayola

Hi Anne..

SO exciting huh! hehehehe... Maybe you are rite with the package maybe we might win something! hahahhaha

Yeah i do agree that 45 tables in the room is a bit a packed.... I'm just extimating the number of guests(based on my bro's wedding b4) as my side will have more than FH side.

Yeah that long march in is a good idea.... actually i have my flower gals to march in first so would prefer a longer march in too... Can consider your idea too.

Will you be having a church wedding?

Hmm I shall email vincent to ask if he is our coordinator or he will hand us over to Yvonne or Felicia after we confirmed......

Care to share what perks you'll be getting? you can email me at [email protected]

roxyz

Hi!!

I went down to PPR to see their wedding package last Friday and the person who brought me around was Vincent. Their price is very reasonable but unfortunately the ballroom is abit small and short walk in
sad.gif

But due to budget constraints, most prob I will be taking up this package.

Do you all mind sharing your package with me and the perks. [email protected]

Many thanks!!
happy.gif

sisi

hi gals,
My FH and I are interested in PPR wedding package 2..esp since their cheapest package start frm 568nett.But both of us are looking say ard 45-50 tables..heard frm the comments that the ballrm will be v packed.Do they have a bigger ballrm? Hw are their food?? Sorry if i ask too many qns.

can u all share ur package wi me? thks alot.
happy.gif

[email protected]

butterkiss

Hi little twinstar,

PPR has a bigger ballroom that can have 45 tables. As for food wise, I went there for wedding dinner before, it's great! It's yummy and on top of that, the portion is HUGE!

brink_79

Hi gals,
I am actually very keen on booking with PPR, can anyone of you share your wedding package and the perks with me.
Thank you in advance. What should I ask when i go book with them. Please advise.
Thanks.
My email address: [email protected]

crayola

HI twinstar

the bigger ballroom's max is 45 tables and that's really the max cos of the shape of the room. It's more like a rectangle than usual ballrooms which are squarish. Sorweee i can't share my package cos eventhough i've confirmed it i've not discussed in detail yet.

Hi Brink

most importantly is what you need for your wedding. You might like to ask to extend your stay for a night or ask to have an extra room for your family or wedding helpers. Make sure if you sign with them whatever they promised you shld be stated dwn in the contract! Even if it seems very small like maybe an extra bottle of wine or a basket of flowers for deco. Cos if the coordinator leave and another takes over the new one is not obliged to give your what the other promised but was not stated in the contract. Be wary of coordinators who says "don't worry it's the norm for us to do such a a thing and not write dwn" don't trust them. EVERYTHING has to be in black and white.

hope it helps
happy.gif

brink_79

Hey esther,
Thanks for the advise. Can share your wedding package w me? my email as per above. On top of the usual things, what extra things did u ask for and do they entertain your requests?

crayola

hi brink sorry i can't share with you cos i've not confirm what i need in the package.. haven't discussed with the coordinator on the details on top of the perks they give.. so i can't help sorry

janna

i am so upset with Yvonne. She left the organisation w/o a word!

The new lady taking over her, Fiona, doesn't seem too eager to meet up with me to discuss further on my wedding package. And the bad thing is I've already placed a 3k deposit with them.

Hope everything goes well during my meeting with her this saturday.

butterkiss

hi Janna,
Ur coordinator is Fiona? Not Felicia? Mine is Felicia and she's still around... don't think she will leave coz she has been in the organisation for many many many years liao!!!
Maybe you can request for Felicia... she's a very nice lady... We signed up with Plaza ParkRoyal also partly because of the service that she rendered to us..
happy.gif

crayola

Janna- that's the thing with coordinators the turn over rate is very high.... Have you signed the contract? If you are not happy with this Fiona lady, ask for a change of coordinator....

Most impt is what yvonne had promised you was everything written in the contract? (if you had signed it yet) I can't stress how impt the contract is.....

coolman

hi esther, butter n brink,

u may see my reply on the other thread regarding the food tasting tingy..

hi butter,

my coordinator is also Felicia.. she is definitely a nice n wonderful lady.

janna

butter & esther: i've already paid a 3k deposit b4 i even sign e contract. i've met Fiona and would definitely wanna take back what i've said. She was really helpful and friendly during our meet up. she explained that she din sound too keen to meet up on the phone cos i arranged saturday afternoon which would be very tiring for her. as for felicia, i know she's really nice, i met her at the wedding show in April. evonne had also been with the org. for a long time..i also dun understand why she left. perhaps a better offer elsewhere?

everything yvonne promised previously is stated in the contract thus there's no worries abt it...hehe. really glad after the meet up. =)

crayola

Janna- It wasn't very professional of her to tell you it's tiring for her to meet on a saturday afternoon issit? Anyway am glad everything turned out okie!
happy.gif

janna

esther: we had a really nice chat n it ws only after we felt really comfortable with each other then i told her i was quite unhappy that she didnt sound too keen to meet up with me that she explained why and also apologized. with that, i'm very happy already. heeehee

brink_79

Hi Janna,
Can you share your wedding package and the perks you have w me. My email as per above. Oh I emailed Felicia to check on upcoming bridal show and was advised that there will be one in Sept 05.

janna

brink_79: so sorry..i doubt so. i no longer have the soft copy in my email as i've already confirmed and signed the contract thus i deleted my soft copy already.

anyway, not to worry, since u're going to the bridal show, sign during the show and you'll definitely get great perks! =)

lilo

Hiya..can does anyone knows whether felicia is still working at plaza parkroyal cos i juz called n this guy, steven said she's not longer working there. Can anyone share with me you wedding banquet package? Thankz

coolman

hi,

Any brides jus hav their wedding recently at PPR? I wanna to know how u feel abt the food, decor of the ballroom.

koko_val

Hi,

Recently I went to attend my friend wedding at PPR where the food and service is not that good where I am quite disappointed.

As my coordinator Yvonne has left the place where I am so shocked, now is Felicia will be the one take charge of my package. I have yet spoken to her and does not know how is her service like.

Has anyone went to the renovated banquet at Stamford ballroom ?

butterkiss

Hi Val,

U don't have to worry about Felicia's service. She's a very nice lady. Been with Plaza for donkey years...
Do call her and arrange to view the renovated ballroom...

crayola

HI Val,

Seen the renovated poolside just last tues it's quite nice... Though there wasn't any reno done in the ballroom itself... not sure if they will.... you might like to check it out...

In what way were the service and food not good? e.g the waitress/waiters were untrained or not attentive enuff or the food portions were small or uncook? If you could help comment more it'll help those of us who will be having our wedding at PPR a whole lot to ensure that we can inform our coordinators and give them feedback and take note of such things.

Thanks!

Anyone chose their favours oredi? I'm having a headache with it....

jlyn

Hi all,

I'd just gone for my food tasting last night. The dishes were delicious..portions were big as well. The steamed garoupa was well liked by all, fresh & steamed nicely (not overly steamed). The roast chicken was crisp and nice..(even the breast meat was soft). The scallops were big and juicy. The most popular dish of the night was the drunken live prawns!!! I would recommend the hot yam sago puree with pumpkin cubes..nice and not too sweet. I've only made some changes to the 1st dish (hot & cold combination) replacing some items to the more common ones like jellyfish etc. The only complaint I've got was how the garoupa dish was presented.. accompaying veg. looked messy (but this is minor lah). I hope the dishes would be just as good during my AD!

Like what Esther said, there was no renovation done to the stamford ballroom. The renovated area outside the stamford ballroom looks great! I've intended to hold my solemnisation at the renovated area an hour before the wedding dinner but i couldnt find a JP (AD hot date i supposed).. but I'm glad to just have my cocktail there.

koko_val

Hi Esther,

Yap the waitress/waiters are not attentive and the taste of the food is not that good that night where I will highlight these to the coordinator.

I have yet to choose the dishes yet.

crayola

Jlyn- Am glad everything went well for your tasting.... Sounds like we are choosing the same dishes! How's prep? Am wondering if they are going to add some vines or flowers are something the pavillion.. a bit plain.... Anyway thanks for the highlights....

Val- thanks these are helpful for us to highlight to coordinator.....

koko_val

Hi ladies,

My coordinator will be Fiona and not Felicia.
Anyone has deal with fiona before and does she friendly and helpful lady as I hardly heard her name before?

crayola

Val,

Fiona is also my coordinator and she is fantastic.. very helpful and friendly.... She is actually new to plaza but she will try to help you in any way she can... very easy to talk to too... dun worry you are in safe hands.....

coolman

Hi Jlyn,

Glad tat ur food tasting turn out to be good.

I have my food tasting last month n encountered some incident.. thou the food is delicious.

The cold dish is nice, sharkfin quite okie, steamed fish is fantastic, braised Pork Spare Ribs is fantastic. But the roast chicken
n prawns are not fully cooked. so is veri bad lor..

I called up Felicia after discovering the prawns not well cooked n no "hua diao" wine taste. Felicia was veri nice. She got the kitchen to cook us another drunken prawns dish. This time
round the prawns taste fresh n nice.

My main concern is whether the food will b served fully cooked to my guest on my
wedding nite..

or mayb its jus my luck that day.. but during my food tasting, there is another couple having their wedding diner. dunno whether their chicken n prawns are fully cooked. or is jus purely my luck :{ Anyway i have feedback to Felicia my concern.

coolman

Jlyn,

ur hot yam sago puree with pumpkin cubes.. isst like hot yam paste wif coconut milk spread ontop? cos i also wanna to change my dessert. i heard that their mango pudding is nice.

butterkiss

Hi Serene,
I tried Plaza's hot yam sago with pumpkin cubes before when I went to attend a friend's wedding. It was very very very nice!! and, according to Felicia, it's a very "gao nan du" dish coz the chef needs to make the O-nee....