Plaza Park Royal

butterkiss

Hi esther,
Only scare you don't have the time to eat on your wedding nite! haha... Normally the couple need to stand by the door b4 the last dish can finish...
It's really very very very nice!!! ur guests will definitely compliment it!!!

jlyn

Hi all, Fiona recommended the hot yam with pumpkin cubes dessert to me.. very nice. Not too sweet, my parents love it. Esther is right, it's something similar to Ornee but not as sweet and thick. Comes with sago also.. *swallow saliva*

Invitation cards 2 red and 1 ivory were shown to me. I've chosen the ivory one.. for those who are particular abt the card design.. you may be disappointed. My package comes with a $100 vouchor for printing.. so I'm using the hotel's "assigned printing co".

Think my wedding dinner is the earliest amongst all here.. feel free to ask me.. do bear with me if my response is very late.. not always online.

butterkiss

Hi Jlyn,

I love the hot yam too when I tried it during my friend's wedding. First look doesn't really look very appealing... But after tasting, everyone wants to have a 2nd helping!!!

I thought the have 4 different kinds of wedding cards?? 2 red and 2 other colours?? I think hor, I will be taking the red one... haha... coz, it's the nicest among all... haha...

So, have you chosen your wedding favour?
When is your AD??

crayola

Butter- yah maybe i shld ask them to keep it for me heheheh hubby dun eat ornee so i can have 2 servings hahahah :p

jlyn- Yeah the design not so nice heheheh... me thinking between the ivory one and the red one with the "Xi" at the back... quite unique lah.... but actually first idea was to get the kids to draw a design and then print it.... but dunno whether worth it or not... I wonder how much the inserts will cost... and do we have to tie it by ourselves! Their printing co. is United something at the same place but office building.

jlyn

Butter: my AD is on 9 Sept 2005, in the Stamford Room. Vincent showed me two red and one ivory. He did mention abt a gold one but it was out of stock. One of the red ones look ok but my HTB prefers the ivory one. Me chin chye, so let him decides.

Esther reminded abt the three different themes for the ballroom last week.. and now.. thanks to you, else I would have forgotten about the wedding favours. I'll check with Vincent what are the wedding favours available now.

Esther:I only top up $10 for the printing of 200 inserts. Vincent helped me to send the card to United something something (hee.. I also dun remember the name of the co.)for printing. Will be collectin the cards during 2nd week of july. U have the $100 vouchor as well right? I would suggest that you use it and top up a little more (since you've got more tables than me). Since you're going to have the "kiddy tables" during the wedding dinner, have some papers & colouring tools on their tables.. let them draw something specially for you! It'll keep them busy before the dinner starts..hmm.. what say u?

butterkiss

Hi Jlyn,
Oh, the ballroom got themes now ar? Any idea what are the themes?
Eh... how come you all have the $100 voucher huh?

jlyn

Butter, ya.. think they've got three themes.. but I cant remember what they are now. I only recall Esther telling me about the romantic theme- purple settings.. uhm think she also mentioned about ivory colour theme..

Esther... help needed!

Btw, whose your coordinator? Perhaps u want to check with her also?

crayola

Butter and Jlyn

The themes are ivory, purple romantic and a rainforest theme..... According to Fiona, the purple one is very sought after.... cos it's like romantic and dreamy sort....

Jlyn- will the printer tie the inserts with the string thingy or glue them? If not we have to do it ourselves? I will definitely use the printer since got voucher hehehehe..... I will have all the table placed with a set of coloured papers and magic pens for the guests to write their well wishes and compile it into a book later for remembrance sake. I dun like the idea of having the guest to sign at the recep table in a chop chop hurry way then like no meaning.... so i think that will be a better idea... you can try it too.....

butter- the $100 printing voucher is part of our package....

jlyn

Esther, according to vincent, the printer co. will provide the gold strings but they wont be tying for us. Ya,I dont like the signing at recep too but getting coloured papers and magic pens a little too leh chey for me.. will see how.

Sorry butter, I missed that question. $100 is included in the package.

crayola

jlym, good luck to us on tying the hundreds of cards... sigh.... can lah can try the magic pen and paper thingy.. just get the emcee to announce before dinner starts and get a friend or the waitresses/waiters to go around to collect it.....

butterkiss

Hi girls,
One question, does our evening gown needs to match the theme? U girls saw any example of the theme before?
My coordinator is Felicia. I think I will find out more from her when I go for my food tasting 2 weeks later.

Eh... how come you all have this $100 voucher in the package one huh? U all signed up during their roadshow??

I think the coloured papers and magic pens idea is cool... But, I had already bought my guest book liao... so, no choice have to stick to those conventional way...
happy.gif

jlyn

Hi Butter, I signed up in Apr 2005, just few days after their bridal show in Apr (if I remember correctly). As to whether EG should match the theme of the ballroom..hmm.. I do think the colour & style of EG should not be in "too contrast" with the ballroom theme. I have not seen any of the three themes before. There was a wedding on the day of my food tasting, not sure if there was a theme set-up then but nothing caught my eyes.

crayola

butter- It was in my package too when i placed my deposit on the bridal show day...... I think EG too in contrast not good cos will stick out not in a nice way but like a sore thumb... if you blend in a way with the theme i personally feel it might look nicer on the whole...

Jlyn- Ask vincent for the pictures.. Fiona showed me pictures of the themes on a photo... get them to email it to you....

butterkiss

Hi Jlyn / esther,

Thanx for sharing. If you gers happen to have the pictures of the themes, do share with me also. Can't wait to see them..
happy.gif

jlyn

Hi Butter, I just emailed Vincent. I'll post it here if he could send me any pics.

Btw, I met one of my friends who attended a wedding dinner at PPR two nights ago. He commented that the food was very nice. Besides the steamed garoupa, drunken prawns.. he strongly recommended the pineapple rice. I've already chosen my dishes and I'm happy with my ee-fu noodles (think rice is too filling).. so for those of you who have not chosen your dishes, do consider.

coolman

Hi Jlyn,

Have u get Vincent to email u the pics? As my coordinator, Felicia is out of town, i m too impatient to wait for her to b back to see the pics of the wedding themes.

my email address
[email protected]

Can also share ur wedding package wif mi? 10q : )

crayola

Hi Serene,

have got the pics... but am not sure if i can post it here so i dun think i will try my luck on it hahahha.... so drop me a mail at [email protected] and i will fwd it to you.....

Jlyn- i noe you can't receive attachment.... sms me when you online i'll show it to you..... BTW Fiona is exceptionally fantastic! I tell you she is the sweetest and she'll go more than an extra mile for you! Tell you abt it when i see you online.... How you feeling anyway? better?

butterkiss

Hi esther,
I had just emailed u.

Hi Serene,
Care to share with me the dishes that you chose when you go for the food tasting?
I will be going this Saturday... and might want to change some of the dishes... hope you can let me know soon...

To the other brides,
Anyone else went for food tasting already? Please share with me your menu.
Thank you.
happy.gif

crayola

Sharon you've got mail...

Sorry ladies I'd love to share the pics with you all but me a little lazy lah... if anyone would like to see the theme pics pls email to [email protected] and i'd be most happy to fwd it to you.... here a bit "leh cheh" for me..... Thanks!

jlyn

I'd collected my cards yesterday.. 200 strings to tie, no joke man!

Esther: answering your question on the invitation card.. the goldstrings are tied to hold the inserts (dont glue ur inserts hor). The more I look at my cards, the more I find them nice... heehee. Vincent got the details from me (full name of both parents, date & time of wedding.. etc) and he helped to liaise with the printg co. Suppose to top up $10 (on top of the vouchor) but no one has yet to collect the $ from me yet ;p

All: I used the printing co. at PPR. Didnt use any hot stamping etc. just the normal gold wordings printed on the insert. My cards look simple and elegant.

butterkiss

Hi Jlyn,
Do we need to tie the goldstrings ourselves? Will the printer provide the goldstrings? Or we have to buy them ourselves?

coolman

hi gals,

went to the 1 day complimentary spa suite @ PPR. I can say the hotel service is wonderful. the spa suite is nice & big.. thumbs up for the massage also... i m glad that i hav select the right hotel.

butterkiss

Hello Serene...

Wow... u so good... how come u got the one day complimentary spa suite one? it's in your package? So nice...
I have not even view the bridal suite before! Haiz... not to mention their latest spa suite...
sad.gif

crayola

Butter- the complimentary spa suite is in our package when we signed on with them in april....

jlyn- which card did you choose? I can just imagine tying the strings 200 cards.. imagine mine! GOSH! figers will be full of paper cuts and string cuts hahhaha

butterkiss

hi esther,
Wow!! So good.... why I don't have...
sad.gif

I should have signed up during their wedding fair this year. May I know how much you gals will be paying for each table?

Wow... must tie the strings ourselves ar... I think I will call their in house printer after I come back from Hong Kong... Going to Hong Kong for shopping tomorrow!! SO excited now...
happy.gif

crayola

butter- mine's 9 course think it's $698 but $28 off so 670..... something like that correct anot ah jlyn? can't r'ber if it's 698 or 688....

When did you sign your wedding package?

butterkiss

hi esther,
I signed up wedding package last year June.. .hee hee.. being a bit kiasu... haha....

Mine also 9 course dinner... But my rates are the 2004 one... manage to "secure" this rate back then... before their 2005 revised wedding package is out...
U gals also got free flow of beer, right?

coolman

hi Jean,

yes. its inside my package though i signed wif them early Jan tis year..
Do u have the $100 voucher for e printing of wedding cards? my package dun hav it.

u enjoy urself...

butterkiss

Hi Serene,
My package also doesn't have the $100 voucher printing of wedding cards. But my coordinator told me to look for her if I need to print more than the 80%...

Hmm... I wonder whether should I go to her and tell her I also want to have a complimentary nite stay at the bridal spa suite or not... haha....

cyndear

hi all =) any idea when PPR holding their next bridal show? I have tried emailing them but so far they have yet to reply me.
sad.gif
I am so afraid i may miss it...

lilo

I havnt decide my yet..cos the tong shu is not out yet. Most prob shd be june nxt yr. Actuali wanted march but thk it will be quite rushing.

gentasg

Hi BTBs,

Can share the reasons for choosing Plaza Parkroyal?
Since i never have any dinners there before, any way to try the food before placing the deposit?

crayola

Hi Linda & lawrence,

The main reason was the package. I went in with a leap of faith and just signed on the package which was quite a good deal(covers almost everything). Also my dad is a member with the hotel. Most importantly you must feel comfortable with the packages cos at the end of the day you'll be the one paying for it, should you not be able to cover the dinner unless otherwise.

Their wedding dinner food can't be tried cos the food is different from their in-house restaurant. The wedding dinner food is cantonese and somewhat teochew and their in house food is szechuan but if you've read the previous thread of plaza park royal or plaza at beach rd, you'll get more info from those who had their tasting.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

gentasg

Hi esther,
thanks for answering my query. initially, i thot the banquet will be done by the sichuan chefs. when i asked the banquet sale person abt this, she mentioned that it was done by the banquet chefs who i have ni idea how the food going to be until the food tasting day which will be quite well to my wedding day then.

will feel it will be a risky biz to place deposit
w/o knowing the food u r getting.

wondering whether they provide tasting before confirmation if possible.

btw, may i know who is your coordinator?

jlyn

Esther- I chose the ivory cards.. problem is the ivory card comes with white envelopes. My parents didnt like the white envelopes (esp since the 7th lunar mth is coming).. so no choice, I'd to change them for the pink ones (think PPR only has the pink and white envelopes). Dont match lah but hai.. what to do. Should have chosen the red cards instead. If you're going to choose the ivory cards like me, get some beige envelopes from stationery shop.

Uhm.. not sure abt the weekend rate per table.. mine falls on Friday, weekday rate- $598 for 9 course (minus $28 discount per table will be around $570).

Butter- I didnt pay for the goldstrings. My hotel co-ordinator helped me with the printing and i just head down to hotel to collect when ready. I supposed the goldstrings are provided for by the printing co.

Linda&Lawrence- I've chosen PPR because of the positive feedbacks i received about their food. My AD is on 9 Sept 2005 (Fri) and I'm paying weekday rate for my 9 course dinner!!! Most of the venues will charge weekend rate for fridays' dinner. My package also comes with free flow beer and 12 bottles of red wine.. certainly the plus plus points to choose PPR over the rest.

Serene- When did you use the Spa suite? I have not utilise mine. Would they allow us to use it on weekends?