Plaza Park Royal

Hi All, thanks for your wonderful feedback. My wedding will be in Oct next yr. Even longer than Clare's.

Mind if i check anyone engaging White Link as your bridal shop for your wedding? Any feedback on them too?

Hi Ahdan, any pictures of your wedding to share?

Thank you!

Oh btw, did anyone use their smaller room as their solemnisation room? I've asked felicia to booked a room for me FOC. hoping to do the solemnisation at about 6pm - 6.30pm. Is it too rush?

ahdan

missy bride..

3mths now, im still not done wif e pics yet..
haha..
too many pics..
dunno where n lazy to start...
so collating it bits by bits..

jest14

@ Ah dan: I emailed Christopher Verghese (park royal beach rd, he is rather fast to reply our emails), the one whose name was on our wedding voucher, he is proceeding to make booking for us leh. Did you email/call? Do PM me if you need details. I can tell you more via email (dunwan to cloud this thread too much...lol)

@ missy bride: I asked my coordinator to book the smaller room for me and I got one right inside (all the way into the end side of the foyer)...boy the room was big....i had 3 relatives whom i needed to serve tea, and it was a big room (to me). Think that will be the room Felicia booking for you, cuz if you put seats in, can accomodate quite some pple with straight rows of white covered seat chairs. V nice, got mirrors by the side, making the room look big, think cuz no one was using it, then opened the panel in the middle and i only used the left side of the room lor (only 3 relatives ma).

As for timing, I'm not sure leh, cuz mine wasnt ROM. but personally i think, it is enough....my ROM ceremony took 30min n it was because my JP gave a very long "naggy" chinese (but heart warming *thumbs up*) lecture on how to make sure the commitment works and we must put in the love and forgiveness....lol. so 630 should be a good timing.

Hi Jest,

Thank you for the feedback. Felicia mentioned that she will book the Marina Room for me. Is it what you got as well? She also mention that they will be putting about 30 chairs inside for the guest.

Btw, who is your JP? Any good ones to recommend?

Thank you!

jest14

I dunno what that room is called. But if can put 30 chairs, means shld be that room. ;-p I left my teapot set there, n forgot about it. we went back the next day to get it (lol) lucky the staff kept it for us :p

My JP is chia ti yu. he is a rather young and casual JP, chinese buddhist studies type. my hubby n i liked him la. cuz he made his long commitment speech to us in mandarin and both our families quite traditional, so tot it was a nice speech/lecture though we had to listen for 15min. coincidentally i had another fren who got him (not knowing his chinsee background, n they are actually christians...) so end up...the feeling wasnt good....he made quite a lot of nasty remarks. so i guess it is really up to u... but if u r interested in Mr chia ti yu, i can give u his contacts :p if not, surf ard this forum, other threads...prob got pple recc u good ones too ;-p

maxlene

hi all..

I will be signing up with Park Royal tomorrow..Yeah! But got to share foyer..
sad.gif

bem

Anyone had their wedding inside Si Chuan Dou Hua in Park Royal?

Thinking of whether its better to take the small ballroom or the restaurant..

karin80

Just attended a Park Royal Wedding last month, there were 2 weddings held on the same day,agree with jest14 the reception area was so small! even smaller than M hotel. which i already thought it was small, and there were 2 weddings!!! so you can imagine that when the crowd builds up at 7 plus, it was pretty squeezy and uncomfortable, some of the guests looks a bit confused, wonder if anyone went to the wrong hall! haha

We realise that we belong to the left room, the more squarish room(not the longish one), everything went on smoothly after that. Food came pretty on time and tasted pretty good.

complained to my friend about it later when we met and then realise that the opposite ballroom is actually bigger,
she said that she regret not having the guests inside much earlier and allow them to hang around outside and squeeze. One of the husband's aunt actually got some drink poured on her dress because she had to allow some guy to pass through(it was that bad) which they felt really really bad for. they were really quite stressed on that day because of this foyer prob, so poor thing.....

me and my bf wanted to get this place but looking at the layout, we prob should get somewhere else

ee09

Karin: thanks for the info. by right the hotel will be providing usher at the lift area... in that case, i better plan for my wedding to be earlier to prevent this situation..

ahmeilover

I am confused whether to take this hotel or York hotel. so trouble! just becos of the shared foyer so my bf aso abit sianz...

Any comments?

stella1805

We are holding our wedding on 2012. Felicia says Stamford room will be under Reno. So there are no clashes with other wedding. U may like to email her? She's gt fast response.

persianahcat

Hi All,

My wedding at Parkroyal @ Beach Road just over last Sunday, I would like to say overall my guest are happy with the food and as a couple, we are happy with the arrangement by the staff at Parkroyal. Everything went smooth and 1 great thing was that the foyer was only for my guest as there are no other wedding on that day itself.

If couples dun mind of the pillars in the ballroom i guess the rest of the things is pretty good.

Thanks to the team of Parkroyal, we are very happy with the service.
happy.gif

jaccyy

I'm surprised that Felicia has gotten such good reviews because I was clearly annoyed with her.

We were supposed to furnish her with our email addresses, but she got my email wrong. Only my husband got her mail. We notified her to update her database so that the both of us will receive the same email when she blasts out, she didn't reply.

Shortly after, we realized that only my husband has been receiving her emails. Instead of updating her database with my correct email address, she has conveniently deleted me off the list or something.

Next, she KEPT getting our names wrong. It was somehow skewed into something similar, but definitely wrong. We kept telling her that she has got our names wrongly, she didn't apologize, neither did she correct it. It was almost like we've never mentioned it to us at all!

The third screw up came when we requested for the pictures of the themes, so that we can consider what we want, it never came until I gave her a reminder call. She said she will send it to me, but what I received was a 31MB file that jammed up my email straight away. Isn't there some sense to reduce the file size/zip it up/send it via yousendit?

Recently, she invited us down for food tasting session. Again, she got our names wrong. What is so hard? We surely don't have very difficult names.
sad.gif

ee09

I bet to differ.. every time i asked Felicia something.. e.g. photo of the theme, she will send to me within a day n it was not so big size...

clareez

Hi All,

Our wedding banquet is finally over and we are extremely happy with Plaza Parkroyal. Although there was a change in coordinator for us from Jaime to Huiling, both of them continued to reply to my emails promptly. Usually within a day.

The perks are really good as well. The 2 nights stay really help us recharge from the mad wedding rush. We also had a spa voucher as one of the perks and that helped us relax so much more.

Overall, comments for food was that the portion is generous and guests could not really finish everything but they liked it overall
happy.gif
we were also lucky too to not have any other couple occupying the Stamford Ballroom so foyer was to ourselves.

The banquet operations coordinators on the day itself were super experienced too rehearsing with us what to do before march in etc... made us feel at total ease. Therefore, we highly recommend plaza parkroyal.

Just one worrying thing is the carpark. I think the entrance is not really visible to guests since they are renovating but no complaints from my guests so I assume it's all good. Overall we had a good time planning our banquet alongside with the ppl at Parkroyal. Hope you all would too !

c0nfused_yj

Hi

I'm contemplating this for my wedding dinner in 2012.
Just wanna ask which coordinator is better? Felocia or Huiling?
Both I think are banquet managers.
My HTB called Felicia and said she din sound too friendly.
Huiling is supposed to follow with me but haven done so since a week plus ago.

If anyone here have had gd experiences with either of them, pls share ^_^

like who is easier to nego for better perks and if we don need 30 tables can we nego? Like 25tables? Felicia was quite strict on that. No nego possible. Haven gone into the details with her tho...

Appreciate all feedbacks.. Thanks! ^_^

ee09

Felicia is very good, fast n efficient. she answered all my mails within a day..

30 tables is the minimum, dun think can nego on that. If u cant meet their MOQ maybe it is better to find another hotel.

clareez

Yeah that's what I think too Cheryl, can't nego on min tables. Stamford room min is 25 i think not sure if they still have that room available. Coz some say it's gona be renovated.

Perhaps give them a call if they have not gotten back to you? Perks I think they are quite standard among the coordinators and to us Plaza Parkroyal is quite value for money. Am quite sure if they can add little things here and there for you they will try their best to accomodate so don't think you will lose out much.

tyvin

Can anyone provide any pictures of e Stamford and Plaza ballroom? Wad is e differences?
Felicia is a very nice lady. There r always difficult and demanding customers around. Finding fault. Lots of us do not haf prob with her. Only a very small number. Perhaps e fault lies within themselves.

stella1805

I think stamford room is renovating. Stamford room got a little stairs to the banquets. Looks pretty though it's quite small. I think different themes make the rooms look different.

Personally I feel that Felicia is really accommodating. Thumbs up for her excellent service so far.

I went for their food tasting. I will say food portion is really BIG. The display is nice too. Their tea is unique in a way. Keep my fingers crossed that AD will have 80% similarity. I am not sure if I can post the pictures of the food here?

rosalyn

Hi everyone, I need some help... I'm unsure if I should go for Holiday Inn Atrium or Park Royal.

We may need about 40 tables. I personally like the perks that Park Royal has offered but not the ballroom. I'd prefer HIA's ballroom. Sigh. What should I do?
sad.gif

tungchia2301

Hi BTB, I have 35 wedding invites leftover (the Chinese theme) from my recent wedding at Parkroyal Beach Road. I would like to give away the cards, together with some remaining gold thread, for a token of $5.

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested :)

jest14

Hi Rosalyn,

go for a ballroom you like. in the end it is the experience you wan, not the perks right? But i took park oyal as i got over the barrier of the ballroom having a low ceiling, thats why the perks appeal to me more. If you really pefer HIA's ballroom, dun think of the perks. remember it is the experience you wan when u walk into the ballroom with your htb. right? ;-p