Plaza Park Royal

jest14

To ahdan: Oh...heehee, yours was seabass too (just checked earlier messages)....but you changed to silver cod...? eh, lol I'm doing the same...but not becuz the seabass not nice.... :p

jest14

wahahah Hi all, not that I suddenly wan to choke this thread...but (upon checking older messages)..........."2 DAYS".....to Ah dan's count down! wow wow wow..... v happy n excited for u! CONGRATULATIONS once more.....:p Keep smiling!

ahdan

yeah for me i chose e sea bass..
its nice..
but changing to garoupa..
cos its red in color..
the folks say its betta..

why izzit "2 days"??
haha..
its another 2.5 wks..
=p

jest14

ooops....not 10 Sep? lol.....read wrongly again, but i remembered it was in sept at least....hee hee..paiseh

...lol so we both changed the seabass...poor seabass. hehehe

*on a side note, the music on this page is quite irritating....when did they start to have this music thingy? hmmm

ok not two days, i'll poke u again in 2 weeks...lol
Nights!!!

julia85

went to PR on sat...
Felicia said the ballroom will undergo reno next yr dec... works maybe till 2012 june/july..
the ballroom will be shift to furniture mall there...
the poolside pavilion will also be gone...

so PR will be out for me...

jac_ho

Dear all BTBs,

Hello EveryONE, I'm new in this thread... how's everyone preparing for your BIG daY?

at this time of the year, even though my banquet is a year away, most of the hotels have been booked and i have decided on PR @ beach rd.

with all the positive comments, i have more confidence in going with PR.

I'm going to meet up with the coordinator in an hour's time.. so, any of you interested in PR, just contact me
happy.gif
)

[email protected]

ahdan

Juz had my dinner held last sat..

Received a lot of positive comments on the food quality and services rendered by the staffs..
happy.gif

jest14

@Ahdan:ah!!!!!!! forget to congratulate you on your wedding !!! paiseh busy with work. M glad everything worked out fine for u. Thanks for loggin in and telling us you comments ;-)

ahdan

Jest: no prob.. Hee..
Overall its was a pleasant experience with them!
Can finally relax now tt everything is over..

ahdan

Hi bubbles..

The package I have is more or less e same as wats shown on their webby..

I didn't really nego for much.. Except e no. Of pax for the buffet treats (one of e wishes)

missbubbles

Hi Ah dan,

icic... tot hav more to neg.. hee~ I also trying to neg on the no of pax for the buffet thingy.. juz addition 2 more.. dunno they able to do tt anot.. i also dunno how many they can increase to.. lol~

jest14

Hi ee, read this thread , the recent ones, you shld able to find some comments on food n service. check out 09 and 10 comments :p and "ah dan's" recent wedding at plaza park royal :p

julia85

ee09> which date are u looking at?
cos they will start reno in nov/dec 2011 and complete ard june/jul 2012 or earlier...
so if ur date is within this reno period u may wanna consider other venues..

if not, make an appt with felicia! =)
v experience lady with the hotel..

ee09

Hi all thanks. I had met Felicia on sat... Going down to make payment this sat as an other couple wanna e same date as us but we came first..

Poor Felicia kena scolding by e other couple.

What food to choose or anything to look out for before signing e contract? Wat is corkage charge?? Thanks in advance

julia85

ee09> congrats!!!

erm corkage charge is the charge for them to open the bottle of sealed hard liquor / wine for u...

yea, they charge us for this..
but this can be nego-ed...
try to nego for waiver of corkage charge if there isn't.. =)

u may wanna nego for helpers room 1 nite stay too...

and also ask for more carpark coupons... eg. they give 20% u bargain for 30%

and maybe more invitation cards? like they give 70% u bargain 80%..
sth like tat.. depends on ur needs actually.. =)

missycheffy

Hi guys!

I am back. Need some advice.. Now that we're approaching 30 tables, I am not sure if I should change my ballroom from Stamford to Plaza. Anyone can give me any advice? I'm worried the pillars will block my guests in Stamford.

ahdan

Hi missy..

If u hav min 30 tables.. Guess its betta to go wif plaza.. 30 tables for stamford will cfm be blk by pillar?

missycheffy

Hi ahdan, thanks for your advice.

Ya... maybe we'll go for Plaza le. Next week, will arrange for another viewing session. The ballroom is still available as for now, hopefully we can make a decision by next week.

missbubbles

i had placed my booking with them lo juz last wk...

yea.. have to make decision carefully but not delay if the date u choose others also like it..

cuz my date, another couple also choosing.. lucky i chop le.. hee~

jest14

sigh i book and cfm so long ago (last year) also no use, someone also booked stamford room...lol now gotta share foyer....no choice...

ee09

Sharing foyer can't be help cos they have 2 ballrooms. As for me, I tried to push mine slightly earlier to have some crowd control...

I also plan to have done pre dinner event such as balloon sculpturer n photo booth. Will it affect e couple in e other ballroom?

ee09

Tt is my concern too... Hav to deal wif this in a dipomaticalky way... Thought of giving out coupon or maybe inside e function room..

jest14

wow ee09, u really pamper yr guests. great they shld have a fun time :p

I'm not too sure if it'll affect the other couple though....

ahdan

The foyer will definitely be crowded if there's 2 wedding on e same day.. For mine, I let my guests into e ballrm earlier..

Dun be surprised, even wif photo montage placed outside e ballrm.. There r ppl who still walked into the wrong ballroom..

So if u r planning some events for ur guests.. I'm sure there will be others frm the wedding opposite to participate unknowingly..
happy.gif

jest14

Hee hee....I pre-warn some of my friends and colleagues about the sharing of foyer.... and also alerted my jie meis to "direct traffic" lor. Hope it works ....*cross fingers*..... ^^

jest14

Hi everyone! 'm lucky....no one was having wedding at the other smaller ballroom.....:p am glad the whole foyer is mine two weeks back :p

clareez

Hi Jest,

So nice of you to come back and share even after your wedding
happy.gif
and very lucky indeed to have the foyer all to urself. We booked parkroyal for next year July hope the foyer won't be overcrowded too.

Did you use your own songs for the banquet or use those provided by Parkroyal? I know if use theirs don't have to incur charges but will they charge if bring own original CD to play?

jest14

parkroyal like most hotels have a blanket license to play background music. I bought and brought my own original cds as background music, which is okay becuz they have license. but u cannot bring your own ripped CD or ripped compliation unless u go n buy your own license for "ripping" license and "another license". lol paiseh I forgot all the licenses names, but do a google search n go n read up, there are 3-4 licenses couples can buy. I asked a lot of questions an this from march 10 to oct 10, and they were helpful in replying my questions but they cannot purchase license for us. Couples have to do it themselves. I do understand their difficulty and so I bought my own original CDs for the night. It is a win win situation for both as both the hotel and couple need not worry about licensing issue.

no. no extra charge if u have originals :p

clareez

Thanks Jest for your very prompt reply
happy.gif
think we'll decide to save $$ and get original CDs too.

Congrats on your wedding hope everything went well @ parkroyal and that you'll have an enjoyable honeymoon trip
happy.gif

Hi Jest, care to share your experience with Park Royal? I'll be having my wedding there next yr. If possible, any pictures to share too?

Thanks a lot in advance!

jest14

Hi missy mimi and all,

overall exp: good and worth it.
pictures: sorry my photographer very slow, so I'm still waiting also. will update when ready.

On package: i think its worth the $ (dun compare with 5 star, but I think it is a 4.5 star hotel ;-))

on co-ordinator: she is nice n prompt, I have no complaints :p

on wedding night: got small hiccups like my husband and I did not know the change in car park entrance of parkroyal (though they had updated their websire), so we gave all the wrong directions to guests resulting in a huge horrible jam in front of hotel, when guests over shoot n try to U-turn just to miss the entrance again. I hope they din incur extra erp charges. BUt all in all they manage to arrive and we could start at 830 (if we had know earlier, n emailed the guests correctly, we might have been able to start earlier though)

on foyer: it was v crowded....but i was very lucky, cuz seemed like there wast anyone using stamford ballroom (we tot there was a cfm booking) so we had the whole foyer to ourselves...heng + heng lor.

on banquet manager: good. experience. he knew we had 39 tables so alerted us on timing to change and march in. so everything was good. my brothers were so efficient that my KPI to finish photo taking by 1030, was met! in fact it was done by 1025pm. All 39 tables.

on food: varying comments, some say good some say salty BUT portion was huge, overall = good lor. in general i will say it is good cuz i have tried (attended weddings at fullerton n panpac....also sama lah the food.) yummy la, to my taste buds...(i'm not a very fussy eater, though..... ^^)

on waiters/waitress: quite some are non singaporeans: so must speak n make request clearly. but i think everywhere is the same so we are ok with that. Got beer poured on two of my guests, but it was pure accident as there were many tables.... we also did not make a fuss cuz its just pure accident, the guests are okay with it also (lucky both are guys, so they dun mind, and it is beer, not red wine :) v heng)This is unfortunate and we are sure they didnt want it to happen also.....so we are ok with it, i heard 5-6 star hotels also kena b4, so...well...heng suay la i guess (depends on lucky i mean)...

on TAXI: please take note here. I have friends telling me taxis practically dun turn in at 930-11. Tell your guests to make yr own arrangements, or to call cab if they wanna take taxi. or take public transport better. Waiting for taxi is a no no. :p did not affect the wedding couple anyway, just some guests...hee hee so it wasnt really on my mind. Just tell your guests lor to note. :)

BEST highlight to note: I have a very enjoyable time due to the upgrade they gave to me at orchid delux for their expatriate guests. The service up at level 6 was very good, in face, better than 5 star. I am very impressed with parkroyal for this also. PLEASE try to get the upgrade, it is a very wonderful experience to have walking butlers and cooks to your table serving you breakfast :p (you must wear proper pants/dress and shoe to eat at level 6 to enjoy the service)...

Overall: i had the most wonderful wedding night....at Parkroyal last month :p thumbs up.

Hi Jest,

Thanks so much for the elaborated feedback for Park Royal. Your comments really put me at ease.

However for my case, im taking the smaller ballroom and there is a confirmed wedding at the bigger ballroom liao. So guess have to make some arrangement to get the guest seated in the ballroom directly instead of staying at the foyer area.

Is there only 1 banquet manager?

Btw glad that the service at 6th floor room is good as i got the room due to signing up at their fair.

Anyway glad that your wedding was a success. Waiting for your pictures soon!

jest14

If you read further up into the thread, you will be able to find some options/alternatives, for eg, ushering guests into the ballroom 1st as I think there is a pool side pavilion? I wonder if that is going to be closed for the wedding....if not, maybe you can try talking to your coordinator about opening up the other side, so that guests can proceed to that cocktail area? BUt i heard some plans of renovation, so you better check with your coordinator. In any case, to put you at ease, guests will 1st see your registration table (on the left right at the foyer entrance), before the bigger room one. lol I was worried my guests will go into stamford instead, but heng no one using stamford that day.

in this thread you can also see how one couple engaged some balloon services to entertain their guests, quite innovative I would say! lol.

whether there are one or two B. managers ard, for that, I'm not sure. But i remember reading reviews in this earlier thread that they are v experienced. :p and mine was too. forgot his name though, nice chap.

level 6 is v good. in fact, we are going for a short trip to KL...and we chose park royal also....cuz we want to have the experience again. hee hee/.... in the pending process of booking park royal KL now....lol for weekend stay :p

jest14

Oh in any case, i think "expectations" make a lot of difference. I think it is because we did not expect that "high" that was why we were "sort of" pleasantly surprised during and after the whole thing. :p That is why i keep saying dun compare it to a 5 star. By managing our own expectations, and knowing that some responsibilities come from ourselves, the results would be greater. I mean you would be happier in the end. We did go down a few times and emailed them quite a lot to get the nitty grittys confirmed. But all in all it was worth the effort. The emailing and calling beforehand (with any hotel, be it 4 or 5 star) is needed to minimise mis coms and unhappinness on the actual day. ;p (hope this helps)

by the actual day, i was already telling myself :" even if things go wrong, morning or night, just leave it n enjoy the process....nothing is more important than you and your hubby happily enjoying the night" i was even prepared that my hubby might mis place my fav olivia ong CDs and hotel will play the wrong songs.... BUT none of that happened la, so just prepare yr mind. Think that helps a lot....when it comes to Jul next yr, just let go, and have fun.....I think thats was why we were not really affected by the little hiccups that night, cuz we just wan to enjoy the process. :p Jia you Missy Bride to be
(by the way, i'm selling my ang pow box lol) if u r interested, but a bit early for you hor.....you gotta keep 7 months. no worries. just posting here for fun.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=271653&id=554964409&l=908f11102b

clareez

haha Jest, mine is July next year but dunno if Missy Mimi's the same. Listening to your very detailed feedback really put htb and i at ease too. Thanks so much for the feedback!! Hopefully as the date draws nearer we will still remember to be less stressed and enjoy ourselves.

Enjoy your trip to KL parkroyal think you'll have fun too lah since it's near the shopping area like times square at all if I didn't remember wrongly
happy.gif

ahdan

Wow jest, tts a very detailed of ur experience.. Haha..I oso picked kl park royal, cos the bkk one is no longer available.. But so far haven get any resp from them on e availabilty..

Missy bride, I tink on AD.. U will jus leave things as it is naturally.. Bascially for me, I juz stayed in e room until e commencement of e dinner.. Haha..