Plaza Park Royal

poorteristic

Linda > gosh..... my menu is frm SCDH...tink i dun hv much dishes to select....Hmmmm i hope the yam paste will turn out nice1! coz tats my fav dish!!! and i wan it to be yummmy~! =)

tink my food tasting shld be in sept/oct...hope they got new setting b y then

mosaich2t

Shyfi > Is it also a 9-course dinner? Just curious .. are their dishes more towards spicy taste?

I guess, banquet menu's dishes pretty std thus a lot more variety, whereas SCDH seems to sell more specialty dishes so their menu will also have limited choices.

I haven seen SCDH's menu, but I think they not typical wedding dishes? So it shld be quite refreshing for ur guests =)

Yup, yam paste is my fav too =) haha top choice for dessert.

cherubean

Hi,
I just went for the wedding show today. I have confirmed my booking with ParkRoyal@beach rd (aka. Plaza ParkRoyal). So exicited!
I saw the themes and took some photos. I quite like the Oriental theme. My Wedding Coordinator is Felicia too. So far she's the most approachable and easier to discuss with person I have come across from all my hotel search. One of the reasons why i sign up too!

cherubean

Hi KaiXin, so sorry. I was busy at work with my quarter-closing. Finally all is over.
happy.gif

Here are some of the pics I took:

http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad338/itssoulfunkedup/

I can't recall whether Plaza Ballroom was column-free :$ but Stamford ballroom, the one I am taking, has 4 pillars. But its ok, cos Felicia is giving me 2 LCD projectors. This will solve the problem.

its_fate

Hello all,

My AD finally over (last Sat)... There was 2 Wedding Dinner on that night (including mine)... The funniest part is both the grooms having the same name... whahahahah,,, Confusing for the guests... Luckly, we have Xiongdis & Jiemeis there act as concierge... The Hotel oso did provide 1 ursher by the lift....

Overall experience with the Hotel is good.. Food received good compliments from most.. Especially the Silver Cod Fish & Green Curry Prawns..... They are served in large portion and most of the tables are unable to finish.. whaahahahaaaa....

turtlefairy

Anybody used the poolside theatre before and have photos to share? I am thinking of holding my tea ceremony there but am worried that it will be too hot and the decoration not so nice.

jest14

I'm considering too. PR. I went to the hotel today, really happy with the aroma style they have thru'out the hotel.......... :p

michi

What are the difference between quotes from hotel & SCDH restaurant. The menu are different but SCDH restaurant rates are lower & also available at ballroom
happy.gif

Which are better?

jest14

I got both package, price wise a few dollars diff la. think it still depends on u n yr relatives ultimately. Heard cantonese dishes (from hotel menu) are easier to suit pple's taste buds. Si Chuan style may not be that easily acceptable to all. BUT it still depends, so pple choose this hotel becuz they love menu n dishes from SCDH, in that case then might as well take the SCDH one?

Personally, i'll take the hotel one, my side n my HTB side, mostly cantonese ma....

crybaby_82

Hi all,

just had my banquet at plaza ballroom last wkend & was satisfied with the overall service.

We had praises for the food (fish was fresh, serving was big, lotsa scallops) except 2 not so nice comments for sharks fins and yam paste. 1 of my colleagues even commented that compared to the last few wedding dinners he had attended, the quality of the food is even better than some 5* hotels! Must choose the glutinous rice in lotus leaf! We love it during food tasting and heard lotsa raves from our guests.

Wanna thanks our coordinator, Felicia for following up with our requests promptly and the banquet manager (a malay guy) who gave us assurance and advice during our AD.

Only heard feedbacks from 2 tables that their waitress/waiter are not v efficient.

Overall, i'm a satisfied customer and would recommend my friends to hold their wedding at park royal =)

ahdan

hi crybaby, good to hear abt the raves.. =)
but how abt the presentation of the food? cos saw frm some pics posted earlier.. dun looks v nice..

crybaby_82

Ahdan: Only has photo of the 1st dish taken by PG. I was not at the table most of the time during dinner so can't comment much on the presentation. =)

Hey guys!

I just enquired at Park Royal on Beach Road and they mentioned there will be a Wedding Showcase at their hotel on 04 Apr 2010.

Quite keen to take a look at their set up and promotion cos I've heard pretty good reviews about that hotel.

Anyone has any experiences to share?

jest14

Hi J tan, this thread is rather quiet one. I'm a Parkroyal bride also. year end. m watching this thread also hee hee.. i'll keep this thread updated.

jeezebelli

Hi all,

I'm going to hold my AD at Parkroya too..Anyone can share some experiences and thing to take note of on the AD?

So far of all the hotels that i enquiried on, Felicia is the most friendly one. Both me and my hubby is comfortable with her so we signed up.

jsquare

hello all, i just emailed PR@Beach too after seeing all these good reviews. But it was not Felicia who replied me, it was Jaime, but as she will be away this week, she left me Felicia's email add, so i will email her later
happy.gif

Anw, there is a bridal bazaar coming up on 26-28 March at Suntec. The advertisement on Wedding-Travel website says got banquet exhibitors, but dunno whether ParkRoyal got participate arnot. Am excited to see their banquet setup after hearing all the good reviews!
happy.gif

gre8t_day

Hi,
I am also interested in having my banquet at Park Royal. I have friends who told me that the food is prepared by the restaurant Si Chuan Dou Hua? Is this true?

ahdan

gre8t_day: food is prepared under the banquet itself.. different frm si chuan dou hua.. but frm wat i understand frm felicia, i tink can request for it if u r looking at si chuan dishes...

jest14

Hi all, yup ahdan is right about the si chuan dou hua menu. but i decided not to take that menu, but stick to the hotel de, as most of my guests might prefer cantonese cuisine :p

and Jaime is also my co-ordinator, she quite nice la! a bit poor thing though, sometimes she sick aso come back to work. I'm with her too, she has been with the hotel a few years already. Very nice gal.

I met Felicia too, very experienced! She has been with the hotel many many many years, also very good. she is just like what the reviews has said. experience n good. So overall i'm really looking forward to my year end wedding.

my only issue is that i dun really like the wedding cards.....but dun think they are going to change, so i'm going to use their cards and add some DIY stuff to make it nice n special. hee hee.....my htb dun really wan spend another few hundred dollars just on cards which (to most pple) will throw after the dinner..... and I agree also :p can save then save la.....now adys COV of resale flats so ex..... i'm gonna save every single cent :p

gre8t_day

ah dan: Thanks for the clarification.

J Tan: Is the Wedding Showcase at the hotel on 04 Apr 2010 confirmed? I sent an email Parkroyal, they sent me the quotations but did not mention of this event.

I think Parkroyal's price is reasonable, but the only bad thing is the accessibility. Anyone tried to cater bus for your guests?
I am looking at Parkroyal and Grand Park City Hall, both are about the same range.

jest14

Hi Great Day,

I'm planning to d bus service for my company pple, as my office is farthest most North of sg. heehee...for other guests, i'll not bother to. they can cab or car pool themselves.

But if u r worried, u can do a bus pick up at cityhall for e.g. 645 (1) and 715 (2) pick-up. Many of my frens do that for locations like sentosa or chinese/jap garden. Its quite worth the $. Not ex la.

but if its grand park city hall, then no need ma, they can walk over.

The two in comparision is that Park Royal no high ceiling, n location not that near MRT. But over the price.... I chose Park Royal :p If u can afford a bit more, Grand Park is a good location. I wanted originally, but my date was out since last year nov, another couple picked n confirmed before i call. :)

gre8t_day

Hi jest yong, thanks for the advice. I might just cater bus if i choose Park Royal.

I am getting a bit confused over the hotels: Grand Park Hotel City Hall, Grand Plaza Park Hotel (City Hall), Grand Plaza Parkroyal Hotel, are they referring to 1 hotel?

jest14

They are different. not under the same group. but the name is somewhat similar .....

You can differentiate by using the terms "park hotel" (under Park Hotel Group), and "parkroyal", easier. Dun be confused by the "Grand plaza" term :p I was confused at 1st also..... hee hee

jsquare

jest yong>> Oh you have got Jaime too? I emailed Felicia in the end cuz Jaime will be away. Felicia replied and have arranged an appt with her this Sat to see an actual wedding set up
happy.gif

On shuttle bus, when i went to meet PeonyJade@ Keppel coordinator, he advised us to just have one shuttle bus timing, becuz guests will most prob opt for the later timing, then in the end scared the first bus will be empty while the 2nd bus too full. Not sure whether it will be true thou. That's just his advice to us. Btw, how much issit to cater for a bus?

gre8t_day>> yes it's confirmed. 4 Apr 2010, 1-5pm. Jaime included that in her email to me as I have specifically enquired on whether there is any wedding workshop.

My ROM was at Grand Park. But as I engaged an external wedding consultant (which was not good at all), i did not work with the hotel coordinator and staff. So no comments.

jest14

One-way trips should be cheaper then two ways. and one pick up cheaper than two pick ups.

Try searching for "tong tar transport" or "Triwins Transports Services Pte Ltd" or "republic express pte ltd"

I have been working for the govt dept/stat boards/schools...so these 3 i have tried before. i think they should be able to accommodate to your needs, but i duno about pricing. mine's govt gebiz price, think slightly cheaper. you shld call them, tell them what you need and ask for their quote.

shld range about $60 (for 20 seater)or ($80) for 40 seater.... (some bus companies ahve 30 seaters too, but might as well get a 40 seater)

for me, since i'm doing it for my company pple, easier as I can estimate number needed.

do check for extra charges during peak hour rate/day.

(Going back, I wun cater bus.... hee hee, i'm more practical, i want them to reach on time...hee heee hee)

gre8t_day/JP: Yes, it seems confirmed. They've asked me to send our names and preferred wedding date for registration. They also mentioned that we can come anytime between 1pm to 5pm.

Anyway, my sister attended a wedding there last year and said the food is quite good. She said it was cantonese food so I assume it's their own banquet menu. That's why I'm quite keen on their package as well.

jest14

stephanie, the package is available on their website :p i deleted mine already as I've signed. just go to brides forum, under banquet, click on parkroyal, and the package shld be there....in pdf

divineparadise

Anyone holding their banquet at Park Royal @Beach Road in October 2010? Mine will be on 11 October 2010. Would like to compare perks given by hotel, please private message me.

divineparadise

Hi Jason, I don't recommend Stamford Room because once you see the room the first thing is the flight of stairs. Initially I wanted to use that room but I can't imagine my grandmother having to walk up and down there. Our wedding dinner is mostly for the elders so we decided to use Plaza Ballroom instead.

julia85

PK: think its best that u email them to ask for the 2011 pkg..
its alrdy june now, i suppose its out but they din update..

jest14

More parkroyal brides soon I hope :p

PARKROYAL Wedding Show
Date: Sunday, 20 June 2010
Time: 2pm – 6pm
Venue: PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Level 4
Admission: $20 nett per couple

For enquiries, please call 6505 5697 or email [email protected].

divineparadise

I am going to hold my wedding there this year in October. After comparison, ParkRoyal has one of the best packages around, in terms of price, food quality and perks.

I had some problems as in-laws wanted a 5-star place initially but managed to resolve it. Lucky my banquet manager is very patient with me on this!

divineparadise

Also just for those still considering ParkRoyal, there is a Circle Line MRT station (Nicholl Highway) behind the hotel, have to walk through Furniture Mall I believe. It is also another option for your guests to use to come to the hotel for the dinner and going back.