Phuket, Patong Beach

racherlle

wow wow wow!
this thread is so active ah!
hehehe

hey Novgal!
alamak! hehe i comeback u go ah.. haii hehe..
ooh ya no dun tink will bump into u in the airport as i'm taking the late afternoon flight back.. and i presume u r taking the morning flight in
happy.gif

hmmm other than snorkelling.. u can do island-hopping.. visit the different islands..
happy.gif
oh ya.. be prepared to spend at least 1 day in each island as they will come and fetch in early in the morning and send u back to your hotel maybe at ard 4-5pm..

nothing much to do there... unless u wan to go and watch the Fantasea show and there's also a Simon Cabaret show there.. which i'm not interested in.. hehe..

regarding abt the car issue.. my bf and i have decided against it since we won't be using the car as we will be out in the islands for most part of the days there.. and for Phuket.. other than Patong.. dun tink there is anywhere else to shop abt..

i'm going to really relax and get massages, manicure and pedicure there! hehe might even braid my hair!
happy.gif

novgal.. hw much did u pay for your Silkair airtix that u bought from UOB travel?? haii i also booked it before the promo!! i bought it from Silkair website! heheh
happy.gif

racherlle

hey butter!!
nice to see u here!!
happy.gif

yup.. November is the peak season for Phuket.. and I blieve you r going on the long stretch of PH rite?? u muz book ur tickets early.. hmm.. dun tink you can get any airtix rite now if u book online.. guess it's fully booked already..tink u have to try the travel agencies..
yupyup.. it's cheaper when u book separately especially so currently as the airtix are at rock bottom prices!!

butterkiss

any website which I can go to book air tickets??

also, how much roughly is it per nite for a normal hotel room???

I am lazy to go thru all these trouble...
Haiz....

Hope you gers will help a bit...
happy.gif

novgal

hi nyny
163366.gif

this was what i found in the previous thread:

<font color="0077aa">Would like to recommend Magnolia Travel And CAr Rent for the Day Trip and Car rental. As we have survey a few places, Magnolia offer the best rates and services. Look for Carolina (manager).
Tel: 076-296725.
Address: 188/1 Taweewong Road near S&amp;P Restaurant
in front of Club Andaman Hotel, Beach
Road, Patong Beach

Just tell them recommend by STORMWOLFSG. They will offer you good rates.
email of Magnolia travel:

[email protected]</font>

hope the above info will be useful to u.

===========

hi racherlle,

mine is actually an afternoon flight as am flight fully booked
163367.gif

i've paid for $200 for the tix. Could have been $180 if i booked a few days earlier.. is there any recommendation on must-go islands?

hmmm.. talking about massages, mani &amp; pedicure.. do u have any recommendation too?

i might go for the Fantasea show - feedback from friends that it's pretty interesting. will let u know when i'm back
163368.gif

omigosh! .. i'm already looking forward to my trip
163369.gif

butterkiss

racherlle
U booked ur hotel and air tix from which website?
So many websites to see... I am a bit blur...
I think I will just follow the website which u go to...

Or, any other people can help me???

butterkiss

Hi Novgal,
Do share with me on ur trip when u come back...
happy.gif

Hi Gers,
Do u think it will be good to get the F&amp;E package during the NATAS fair??

novgal

hello lazy butter *just kidding*

if you are not particular on hotels, would advise u to go direct to agency. there're quite a lot of agencies at chinatown.

for air-ticketing, here's the contact for UOB travelplanner:
[email protected]

good luck!
163388.gif

butterkiss

hee hee...
Ya.. I admit... I am a bit lazy... and dependent on others... haha....

But those travel agencies also can arrange the accomodation that I want, right?
How much are u paying for ur hotel stay??

Oh... I just email Pauline for the air ticket??

novgal

i've booked 4D3N at holiday inn, studio room at bursakorn wing. costs 12,300bht. they are having promo - additional perks include complimentary dinner, round trip trf by pte car, welcome drink + fruit basketand daily newspaper (just to name a few)

u can find out more about holiday inn @
http://www.holidayinn.phuket.com

if u have particular hotel that u like, u may want to check out their rates at their sites.

for ur info, racherlle seems to be getting a good deal for 5D4N at Burasari, junior suite for 9,200bht. so u may also be interested to check out that.

for air-ticketing, i would suggest u to approach pauline to at least know what's the tkt pricing like. u can then compare the costs of <font color="0000ff">(a)booking tix and accomodation separately</font> and <font color="0077aa">(b)F&amp;E package from agency</font>

racherlle

Hi gals!!

butter..
i paid $207 including tax.. i booked it from www.silkair.com
but dun tink they have tixs for the November holidays already.. hehe..

as for my hotel..
i booked it from www.burasari.com
booked directly from the hotel..
yup it's a gd day!!
happy.gif
so happy w it!
hehehe

novgal ah..
massages.. dun really have any recommendations coz me myself have not tried it yet! hehe
but guess shld be quite gd!!
happy.gif

but manicure and pedicure can't really compare to the standards here of coz.. for the kind of money u pay..

ahhhhhhhhhh i'm also anxiously waiting for 9th October to come!!!! hehehehe
guess we are all very excited of the trip!

oh ya btw i've got the contact of the magnolia travel.. the contact person is Carolina. Her hp is 01-5378116..
hmmm i wrote to her abt 1 mth ago and she finally replied to me last Sunday! gosh!!
her car rentals are quite cheap.. she is offering 600baht for a jeep per day..
happy.gif

as for the other tours.. i've not asked her yet..

oh ya btw! magnolia travel is situated in Patong beach hotel.. behide Banana Disco.. as wat she told me.. so those who are interested can go and have a look!!!
happy.gif

hope this helps!

racherlle

novgal..
for mustgo islands in Phuket..
definitely 1st stop is PhiPhi island!
happy.gif

i heard that Similan is nice too but it's out for us as it's close til Nov.. so maybe butter can arrange to go there
happy.gif

i'm tinking of going to Racha island.. and maybe Krabi.. if i've the time..
happy.gif

novgal

thanks racherlle for the updates.

will definitely go to Phi Phi island since so many thumbs up for it.

shall exchange experiences when we are back, k?

butterkiss

hello racherlle...
thanx for the air ticket link...
just checked... all fully booked for my preferred departure and arrival dates...
sad.gif

never mind... I will try other air line...
thank you...

nyny

Thanks Nov gal.

hi rachelle, i saw one website that they are offering cheap car rental, too: www.tour-phuket.com

gals,
i haven't booked my accomodation yet leh. do you think it's too late? i am going in nov long weekend.

butter,
when are you going? maybe you can try tiger airway?

racherlle

nyny..
butter is trying to get airtix for the long weekend in november.. same as u..
happy.gif

tink u gals muz quickly book ur accomodation..
hmmmm coz i'm afraid those gd hotels will be fully booked by then..

butterkiss

I am so sad loh...
I think I can only book thru travel agent... coz seems like most flight are fully booked liao...
Sigh... never mind... I shall wait for the NATAS fair this coming weekend...

Hello nyny,
U book urs liao??

nyny

hi racherlle
ya, i am afraid that those nice with reasonable price one will be fully booked. i short listed club andaman, burasari and deevana. other than burasari, did you hear another 2 before?

hi butter
you need to book asap leh. i booked mine with tiger air early of the month. 'cos i tried to booked silk air flight, 11 nov had already fully booked.

racherlle

hi butter..
dun be sad ok!
most likely those travel agents will still have those packages available.. so u can try!!
happy.gif

hi nyny!
i've heard of club andaman before.. but deevana i've got no idea...

ya btw girls.. u have to book ur tics very early..
i booked my October's flight in August.. 2 mths in advance! and initially i wanted to go on Friday which is the 8th.. but the morning flight has been fully booked.. so i chose 9th instead..

nyny.. u r very lucky to get the flight coz Tigerairways came out at the rite time! hehe.. coz silkair has already been fully booked out!
happy.gif

fanyong

Hi,

Wow.... this thread moving v fast leh ... now I catching up with the threads..

Hi novogal,

I will be in Phuket from 12 - 15 oct... hee only one day before u.... I have booked my air tix from Tiger Airways.... From 15 - 18 Oct I eill be in BKK....

As for Accomodation, I am v interested in Burasari Resort,.... I saw on the phuket travel website one v good deal... 4D3N including daily breakfast, return airport transfers, day cruise to Phi Phi Island and day cruise to James Bond Island (Phang Nga) total cost is 5,400 baht net per pax... the room even have swimming pool view leh.... but I not sure if it is superior or deluxe room....

nyny

hi butter
the ticket is about $200/pax including tax.
happy.gif

hi racher
ya, i think i am lucky.
happy.gif
2 days before i booked tigerair, silkair still got seat, but i was pondering whether i should go ahead to book. then when decided, all seats were taken.
sad.gif
so, got to go tigerair to book. arrival time at phuket is very early, around 845am!!! luckily, the hotels (club andaman and deevana) that i checked won't have extra charge. still waiting for burasari's reply.

butterkiss

I am waiting for the NATAS fair...
Hope they will have good package...
But, if it's too ex... then think will postpone the trip till next year...

U gals have fun... come back and show me all the nice nice pics...
happy.gif

nyny

oh butter, you are going to postpone the trip?
sad.gif
or you have any other alternative to travel to somewhere else?

racherlle

wah!
all of us are in Phuket ard the same time!
hehehe
happy.gif

fanyong..
i heard from my sis who went Phuket last year that Burasari is very nice from the outside.. hehe
she stayed in Banthai... u can try tat too.. they have more rooms in Banthai..

novgal

hi butter,
besides phuket, u can try places like hua hin. there're some good comments on aleenta
163664.gif

http://www.aleenta.com

hi fann,
u mean u still have yet booked ur accomodation? only 3 weeks to go, better act fast... not afraid of staying at beach instead of resort?
163665.gif

fanyong

Hi nyny,

My flight (tiger airways) also v early... i will reach there around 845 am too..I have checked wif the website... std ans... can check in early depends on avaialbility of rooms... Think most likely i will book burasari.... i just got a reply from the website... they say it is 5400 baht nett for 3N in deluxe room and 4500 baht nett for 3N in superior room... I saw the pix of the deluxe room in the burasari site... v nice... v tempted too book liao.

My air tix is abt $75 incl taxes and admin charges per way..

racherlle

hi novgal

aleenta is very very nice!!
another resort i like a lot is the Evason Koh Samui!!
happy.gif

heheheee
haiii how i wish i can fly there now!!
happy.gif

fanyong ah.. r u sure u still can book the rooms for the superior room? coz if i'm not wrong they are fully booked already.. u can go to the main website and check.. www.burasari.com
which website did u check ur rooms from? coz all these are prior to confirmation.. so tink it will be gd if u check with the hotel..

Burasari has 5 access pool rooms which are very nice.. once u step out of the balcony its the pool already! but there are only 5 such rooms and they are already fully booked for the whole year..
heeee...

racherlle

oh ya btw do u gals have HSBC credit card?
hehe they have a 25% credit rebate.. but u have to swipe the card everyday!

i'm have already use that to pay for my hotel so effectively my hotel is only costing me less than 9700baht.. only ard 7,300baht for 5D4N Junior Suite... very worth the money!! hehe..
happy.gif

fanyong

Hi racherlle,

I saw the hotel website.... the package u took is for wedding anniversary or birthdays right? Wondering if going there for honeymoon can use that package or not....U get free upgrade to junior suite right? have u checked the availability?

Actually I more intersted in deluxe room than superior room....but the phuket travel website didnt meantion that superior rm is not avail....

Y do u have to swipe tha crad everyday? U mean if book through the hotel using HSBC has 25% discount? what r the conditions?

novgal

hi racherlle
163685.gif

guess the 2 of us already in holiday mood.. keke.. evason koh samui.. went to their site.. breathtaking!

racherlle

hi fanyong..

i've already booked the package..
happy.gif
yup there is availability.. hehe yup coz on the 9th is my bf's birthday..
happy.gif
yup free upgrade to the junior suite..

ohh no.. i mean HSBC Bank itself is having a promotion.. u have to swipe the card everyday for the whole month of September in order to qualify the 25% rebate which they will give u in Dec 2004. The maximum amount of credit which they will refund u back is $1k.. so tat means u can swipe up to 4k of stuff..
happy.gif

i'm also getting my house soon so this facility is very useful for me.. it's not a link up with Burasari and HSBC.. it's only HSBC credit card promotion..

racherlle

ya novgal!
haiii hehehehe i can't wait to get out of my office and fly to Phuket!! hehehe

gals ah.. phuket also have a very nice resort..
www.thechedi.com

my fren went there for her honeymoon.. also very nice!!
happy.gif
the resort has their own private beach..

novgal

racherlle,
haiz... i dun hav HSBC cards.. din want to have so many...sort of regret now.. could have saved so much!!!

racherlle

haha nov ah
actually i also dun have HSBC card wan..
but when i saw the papers of the promo on 26th august.. i rushed HSBC to give me the card on 31st Aug! or else i dun wan the card already hahaha :p

fanyong

Hi racherlle,

Swipe everyday? but if on one day u didnt buy anthing and nothing to swipe then not qualified liao isit? Wow.... siong leh... Anyway, i have just terminated my hsbc card .....

Hee, I just checked wif hubby... we going to book through the phuket travel website...

racherlle

Hi fanyong!
yup u have to swipe everyday in order to qualify..
for me it's ok coz i use it to pay my watever bills tat i have hehe juz break up the payment.. pay thru the net mah.. using vpost.com.sg
so quite convenient..
happy.gif

zenn ah..
in total for 2 person we spent SGD414 on the air tix.. for accomodation wise its ard 7300baht which is ard SGD317..
so in total its ard SGD731 for 5D4N stay!
very worth it! hehe
happy.gif

would be a better value if we knew that Tigerairways is coming! then we would have save ard another SGD100 for the airfare..
happy.gif

celtricia

Hi gals...

Seems like u gals r all going to Phuket in Oct n Nov.. I've actually bked my tickets to Phuket frm Airasia for the 29 cents one.. but my travelling date is on 2nd of Jan 05... right now pondering abt my accomodations.. Seems like most hotels r being bked areadi.. any advice frm u gals?

Juz to add on... I've actually been to phi phi island n krabi.. phi phi island itself has noting much to venture.. went wif my family last nov.. we spend ard 3 days at phi phi n the rest of the 3 days at krabi.. We went for the snorkelling trip which at Phi Phi area got lots of shops where they promote n ask u to take their pkg trip.. so u got to noe hw to bargain for cheap trips.. the pkg brought us to 6/7 islands for snorkelling.. d snorkelling trip was the only enjoyable part of the trip at Phi Phi.. for the rest is so boring.. as there's nothing much to do there..

As for krabi.. the place is great.. u gals should go try out their massage.. which i would say its FANTASTIC... i really love it n it makes the trip even more relaxing..

If any of u gals wan to haf a look at the pics i took there.. though not all pics r in.. give me ur email add n i'll let u haf the website to view...

butterkiss

hi celtricia
Please send me the pic... [email protected].
Thank you.

hi nyny,
not postponing... but if really cannot get, then no choice loh... Crossing my fingers for the NATAS Fair...

hi racherlle,
Is the HSBC promotion still on?
If so, I will go and apply now...

racherlle

butter ah..
u now apply also no use liao..
coz u must start spending from 1st September onwards till 30th September then u qualify for the 25% off all purchases..

zenn..
yup! i booked the Birthday/Anniversary package at www.burasari.com
the room is a Junior Suite.. free upgrade from a deluxe pool facing room..
happy.gif

celtricia

hi racherlle...

send liao.. btw.. burasari hotel quite ex right.. hee.. tink u gals choose d right date to go phuket.. for mine is more of high peak season.. so all the resorts/hotels rates all so high..

butterkiss

thanx celtricia, received liao...

I managed to go into P2P to book the air tickets... SilkAir... $116 for 2... reasonable?

Now, have to book the hotel...
Heard a lot of good comments for Burasari Hotel... Is it really that good?