Peony Jade Resturant

vernwyen

my wedding was over the weekend, and today i went back to office, my colleagues were singing praises of PJ's food and deco! And darn, i missed their yam paste, all of them said the yam paste was good

shi2308

hi everyone,

has anyone managed to bargain for no corkage on wine brought in?
they dont seem very open to negotiation...

nelle

hi
can anyone advise if I need to give PJ the CD on the music for 1st and 2nd march in only? Or do I have to compile a list of songs for the non-march in time period (ie. during eating, etc) as well?

simplyserene

Hi shi2308... No, did not manage to bargain for that.

Hi nelle... PJ has background music but you'll need to check the type of music that they play.

mstomrs

Dear all,

I just had my solemnization at Peony Jade yest (I'm a Mrs now!
happy.gif
)

Overall, it was a good experience. The staff were helpful and most sincere in making my special day work out.

Even though there were some minor glitches such as one or two dishes took a rather long time to be served, the staff's good attitude and excellent service more than made up for it!

Many thanks to Leon and another manager whose name I did not catch(this guy is tanned and does not wear glasses)as well as to the serving staff at Peony Jade!

To all those btbs who have signed up with Peony Jade, I'd say its a good choice!
happy.gif

vernwyen

s'rene:
yea, definitely going back again for a nice meal... we got a $50 voucher from them so next visit i'm not going to miss their yam paste again :D

For those couples who considered PJ as their wedding venue, rest assure that you are in good hands. Their time control is excellent
happy.gif
So far there is no negative feedback from my guests, all singing praises of its food and deco...

missypms

HI Spolitbabe, did not manage to catch u on MSN. ANy photos to share? Understand that u got a military march in? V crampy? Mine is cmg up on Oct, 22 tables. Any photos to share?
Is the serving enuff?

simplyserene

Hi spoiltbabe... we used the $50 voucher to try the food downstairs... i.e. Quayside Dining Seafood. Just in time for my hubby's bday last weekend. The food's not bad too
happy.gif

Hi hui jun... I've got photos published on multiply too - sexene

vernwyen

sunflower:
1 month notice for the guests is juz right. Printing of cards takes about 3 weeks so is best to send it to print 2-3 months prior to your AD.

cgyl

hi, heard tt the sharkfin was a controlled item now. for those who had wedd just over. do u hv any problem wif this dish?

elmove

does anyone have feedback on their gold/silver/red themes? saw the red one, seems quite nice and goes well with the curtains..

sylmc

Hi Elmove - I've only seen their red theme coz my sister had her wedding there last year. Very oriental and it looks very lovely with the curtains and the dark wood. We have very good reviews on the food from the guests. Their food is really superd and better than hotels like Conrad, Raffles, Grand Corpthorne which I have attended weddings before.

happy106

Hi BTB, did anyone manage to book ROM wedding there more than 3mths in advance? I called and both Peony branches told me to call 3 mths before my ROM.. Is it only the AD can book first? I'm afraid that the date will be taken as I'm looking at Mar 2009...

simplyserene

Hi elmove... I took the red theme cos it was the nicest-looking....

Hi Booy... based on the comments in this thread... Don't think there's anyone who booked ROM more than 3 mths ahead. My own colleague also only booked it 2 months ahead...

lsntyl

I honestly do not remember what colour my theme is. :p neither can my husband.

I did manage to book my ROM more than 3 months ahead but that could be because I booked 9 tables for it + I booked it together with my AD.
happy.gif

happy106

s'rene, LSnTYL, thanks for the replies.. Think maybe because I'm holding a smaller affair, so no special treatment.. Will try to go to the restaurant to try and request.. Must show them my pitiful look =)

doramee

Anybody has experience having dinner at quayside dining (outside peony jade? Any comments about the environment and food there?

ene

This is a little side track but did any Peony Jade brides book a hotel room at the nearby Novotel Hotel to get ready? I am wondering if I should do that or just make use of the room they set aside for me. Hmmm.

lsntyl

The room they set aside is quite big. My 2 moms had their makeup done there whilst I had my makeup done in the hotel room they provided at Conrad.

rutherford

Hi piggySbride,

You mus get the contract with signature. Maybe you can call up ur coordinator & check with him. Rem to read through the contract carefully b4 signing. For mine, i noticed that the projector wasn't FOC, but my coordinator agreed to give me FOC.

ene

At Conrad? Isn't Conrad quite far from the restaurant? *puzzled* And they provided the hotel? Was this recent? Hmm....

lsntyl

think they no longer offer hotel stay anymore. This year packages, there is a choice of Merchant Court or Conrad 1 night stay. We chose Conrad as we've never stayed there b4. Got bridal car so doesn't matter about distance from hotel.
happy.gif

w_w

Any one hold their wedding at PJ@Keppel? Any pics to share how the event hall look like? Will have about 30 tables...the resturant can only take up to 25...

elmove

hi windy, the restaurant itself can't take that many people. you would have to use the keppel hall instead. there's quite a bit of discussion on the pros and cons of the restaurant and hall on the peony jade@keppel thread

ssong

We had our wedding last Saturday and everything turned out great! We received lots of good comments from our guests. The food, the ambience and the coordination were great! We especially want to thank Pamela, the Floor Manager, for her extraordinary planning and the coordination skills. Thanks Peony Jade Team – the Emcee, waiter, waitress and the chef! Thank you and we wish you all the best!

We highly recommend Peony Jade to our friends!

piggysbride

Hello Purple Rain...

It is better to ask PJ first if the restaurant is available on your wedding day. You can always confirm the number of tables later.

purple_rain

I'm going down to PJ tomorrow to secure my date aka place deposit...

Do we need to state clearly what we want on the spot or can wait?... since we have secured the dates

piggysbride

Hello Purple Rain...

I guess it is not necessary to discuss the details yet.

What we did was to make a deposit to book the date. we have yet to confirm the menu and number of tables even though our wedding dinner is to be held in first half of 2009. We were told that we could confirm the details during the food tasting session.

purple_rain

Thanks, piggsbride!

So i need not confirm the no of tables yet till 2 or 3 months b4 AD?

I was thinking if we have secured the date but due to some unforseen circumstances, can we postpone the date?

piggysbride

Hello Purple Rain...

According to the contract, any postponement of the confirmed event is not allowed, except on valid or compassionate grounds and subject to PJ's sole discretion.

m57

Exactly, I got the approval to change the date cos my dad was strickened with last stage lung cancer and needed to bring forward the date. Still subject to the availability of the "new" date you preferred.

Not that I am encouraging you to do that, you may try to use the above excuse to negotiate with them. Else I would advise you to provide them with a valid reason.

purple_rain

PJ no longer gives cash rebates if u r not using their wedding favours or tdragon cards, they will just deduct from your wine charges...

roses

Hi, I just had my wedding dinner on 5 Dec at Peony Jade, Clarke Quay.

The ambience, food and service of the staff were simply great!

My guests enjoyed themselves. Most of them commented that the food was delicious, portions were big and they had more than enough to eat. They said the service was good and attentive and they also liked the nice, cosy ambience and mordern touch to the decorations, which was different from the usual chinese restaurants. Those guests who were sitting at the tables near the windows, told me they enjoyed looking out the window to admire the night scenery overlooking the Singapore River.

The staff at Peony Jade also took the effort to help pack up the extra food for my guests and also, for me and my hubby.(we didnt get to eat anything throughout the dinner.)Besides this, they also took the initiative to pack up the extra wedding favors for us.

Pamela was my co-ordinator. She had been very accomodating and helpful towards me and my hubby all the way. On the night of the wedding, she did a great job in co-ordinating the wedding with my brothers who were helping us. She also gave us very good advice on how to walk the aisle for both our march-in and what to do when we get on stage. We really appreciate her advice and we can feel her commitment in wanting to make our wedding a wonderful experience for us.Throughout our experience with her, she never fail to serve us with a radiant and sincere smile and this is something I like about her very much. Thumbs Up to her!

Richard, the captain, who was on duty for my wedding. He was very considerate. When we reached Peony Jade in the afternoon, carrying many stuff and feeling quite tired, he took the initiative to come to us and offer us water to cool us down. This was a very warm gesture from him, which we appreciate very much. He was also very attentive to our needs and willing to help in anything he could. Thumbs up to him!

Kenny, who was in charge of playing the music that night, he did a great job in the co-ordination and control of our music. For both our march-in, dish presentation and champagne pouring, he played the right song at the right time. He did not need much indication on when to play the music, he was always ready with the right song when the time was right to play it. He was also able to interchange between the selected songs(for march-in, champagne etc) and the background music smoothly. Even though we got a number of CDs for background music to be played at different times(Cocktail,Dinner,Dessert), he was willing to comply with our requests and play them accurately and accordingly at the right times. Initially, I was concerned that with the number of CDs, he would get confused with the order of playing, but to our delight, he got the music right! He did an impressive Job! Thumbs up to him too!

My hubby and I had a wonderful and memorable wedding dinner at Peony Jade. We have defintely made the right choice in choosing Peony Jade as our wedding vene!

Kudos to the staff of Peony Jade!

piggysbride

Hello...

We have made a reservation with Peony Jade. The wedding dinner is to be held on 01 May 2009. Deposit of $1,000 has been paid.

Due to unforseen circumstances, we have to postpone our wedding dinner to the last quarter of 2009.

However, Peony Jade does not allow us to postpone it hence we like to transfer it to the couple who is keen.

If you are keen, please contact us.