Park Hotel Orchard

doovy81

hi all, i'm a new member here in CPHS forum... keke... sounds interesting to hear so mani new abt CPHS...

for your info, i juz cfm with CPHS for my wedding nx yr... the weekend package with weekday rates is too tempting.. i've aredi done my research tt no other hotels can match in terms of the price they offer, service and food... hmm.. though they juz got over the receivership... i thk it wun affect my decision...

i strongly believe tt i made the right choice... well it's up to individual lah whether you really mind the receivership thingy though it's over.. keke..i actually went down to HIPV, carlton, meridien and merchant court but i'm nt very comfortable with the salesperson there... haiz...

i thk the most impt factors will be the package, the salesperson as well as the feel of the decor of the ballroom whether you like it... i thk CPHS has met my expectations...

anyone agree wif mi???

jialet... i haven book my bridal boutique coz i tot the most impt thing is to settle the venue of the bqt 1st.. anyone care to share wif mi??

maomao

Hi Penny,

I'm quite shocked to know that... but when is your AD? Are you sure the CP can hounor the contract and hold your wedding?

BTW, you mentioned that the receivership is over. What they meant by over?

Just being concern.

doovy81

hi maomao,

my actual wedding day is in nov... i aredi sign the contract and paid the deposit.. coz they assure tt the receivership is over... actually i read on the biz times newspapers oso tt the receivership is over... tt means right now they have found a owner...and biz will continue as usual and they r able to take in weddings again..

haha... i feel quite secured with CPHS... well i have high confidence with CPHS coz i have lotsa frens who held their weddings there and they are very satisfied with the service...

jul77

Actually I have shortlisted Merchant Court and Crown Prince. However, just been to a wedding reception at MC recently and I was really disappointed. The table is for 11 person but they only set for 10 person and they forgot to place chocolates on a few tables, food was only so so...

Contrary, I feel that being out of the bad situation they were in, CP will be more on their toes in terms of service.

Anyway, will make a decision once my colleague gives me the feedback about CP as she will be attending a wedding there! :>

maomao

Hi Penny,

If they are able to assure you that everything is back to normal and you are comfortable with them, then fine.

Enjoy your wedding and be mei mei!

tc!

mgl

Hi all, am new to CP's forum.
Still sourcing around for a venue for my wedding next year and have actually shortlisted CP as one of my preferred choice b'cos of their location and good food reviews. Have actially attended a wedding there late last year and I personally like their wedding layout and ambience of the ballroom.
Are they launching a special wedding promotion for next year?

doovy81

hi seesee, they did not give mi extra perks... i oni took up the weekend package with weekday rate at $658 nett.. the rest of the perks i din negotiate further..

how abt u? have u chosen a hotel?

koon22

SeeSee, For your info, they already returned my money to my pocket. I took a sumptuous meal of $80 yesterday to celebrate the victory. The battle with CP is finally won. I got back my bucks. They still want me to sign 'hold CP harmless' release form. Scared I sue them hahha.

Wendy apologised, but I give her act blur look. Even if the whole CP management will to come down and apologise to me, it wont be enough because damage has already done. What is the use of apologising. Apologising doesn;t help at all. It has never, and it will never.

koon22

People always put up danger signs to warn others of the dangerous manhole ahead. When clever people see these danger signs, they re-evaluate their path and proceed with real caution. There are also people who don;t know how to read danger signs that will eventually fall into the manhole. There are also some who fall into the manhole because they are naive.

So now what you should really do is to ask yourself which group of the above would you like to belong to?

isabella

Hi Guys & Gals

Congratulate me as I have confirmed my wedding with CP yesterday. My fiance and I felt that the package and sevice provided by CP is really good and professional.

And congratulations to you Koon for having taken your money back. So this whole saga between you and CP is finally over.

You know Koon, after reading all your comments on CP, I understand your feelings and frustrations but I feel that you should give CP a break. I know your kind intentions in giving advices but couples have their right in making their own decisions and it does not make one "naive" / "not clever (aka stupid)" if wedding is confirmed at CP.

Koon, I feel that you are taking things on a very personal level. I have confirmed with CP, does that make my fiance and I stupid? On a contrary, I feel that Penny and I are someone who are willing to give others a second chance.

I'm going to take this opportunity to be a little philosophical.... Life is short. Why bear gragues and hatred when one can choose to be happy? My fiance and I, despite all that had happened to CP, still went ahead and confirmed with them as we felt that they deserve another chance and whatever happened was already in the past.

Anyone out there agree with me??

doovy81

Hi bella... hmm... i agree with u...

well i thk tt if its over its over... no point bearing a grudge against CP...moreover at least they did return the deposit back to u... I really look forward for my wedding tt is going to be held at CP next yr...

and despite there are some negative comments abt CP... I still believe tt i've made the right choice

rynryn

hi penny, CP offered wkday price for wkend package, $658 nett ? any additional perks ?? wat abt beer ? corkage charges ?

seesee

hi penny & bella, i'm all the while with CP, even b4 the tension period... i've sign up with them during june... i didnt get the wkday price 4 wkend. wen i sign up, there's an offer of 1800/- off the total food bill. so i dint get that offer tat u guys had... by the way, mine is 9 course dinner... wat abt urs??? is there abalone?

koon, congrats on having ur $$ back... i choose to stay with them... hope i didnt make a wrong choice... anyway, 4 me is "happy go lucky".

seesee

penny, is it only for the food(wkday price for wkend)? wat abt the pkg? free flow of beer??? covered seats?

jasmine77

Dear all, we just had our wedding dinner one week ago. I must say their service and food are really good and our relatives and friends kept complimenting the dishes (sharkfin especially). The banquet team is professional and attentive to our needs. I have no regret to have my wedding at Crown Prince. A big thank you to Corrine, Rachel and Audi.

doovy81

hi seesee...heard frm the salesperson tt there's oni a change in menu... for my package its oni 30l of beer.. there's still corkage charge...seat covers r included...

wah jasmine & richard..congrats! thanks for posting your feedback on the forum.. it really reassure that I've made the right choice by confirming with CP

seesee

hi penny, no lah... cos i tot u might hav got the wkday pkgt tat has free flow of beer... anyway, my AD is in june 05. we just hum tam the date(b4 the tong shu was out, we've already book the hotel)... my MIL went to check on the dates, luckily, it's a gd date 4 us... haha... MIL is a cathalic but very ban dan.
congrat to jas & ric, finally some gd news in tis thread... enjoy ur married life... hope to hear even better news(baby) fm u soon...

anydior

It's hard for couples who have not went thru the "receivership" ordeal to imagine the kind of anxiety, frustration and sleepless nights that affected people like us....

It's not just about the couple, but also their families who are are also affected by the unfortunate turn of events. Personally, I felt that the whole "receivership" matter can be dealt more professionally by CP. ....no matter how "nice", "professional" the coordinator seemed. My husband and I were also once very attacted by their discounts, ballroom, food, but who would've expected....

I believe those couples who fought hard would have gotten their monies back. CP had also returned my deposit to me. Though it leaves me quite exhausted mentally and almost decided to give up that $2k.

Good luck and best wishes to those who have signed up with CP. Hopefully after this, CP would've buck up their service and treat their customers even better, and that whatever happened to us will not occur again.

For those affected couples, good luck to you too with your new hotel, forget the past and be a happy bride. May peace and happiness be with you.

Perhaps there is a lesson to be learnt...maybe we should all buy wedding insurance.
happy.gif

dreamers

Hi all,

Seems like there are so much talk about the receviership thingy about CP.... but seems like all have came to an end... Actually the hotel called and informed about their weekend package at weekday rates wedding promo package... I must say that I was really tempted... My partner and I are strongly considering them... and based on the great comments from Jasmine and Richard, I was really quite certain that CP is my choice... Good Food, Great Ballroom, Good Comments from previous couples and most important of all...great pricing... I will be making my decision in this few days so that I can take advantage of CP promotion... Any advise??? Or what other areas I should be looking at when confirming with CP? =P

rynryn

hi all, ive rec call frm Wendy too.. i reali luv CP Ballroom, in fact it was my top choice but due to e receivership... we gave up ... chose Grand Plaza Parkroyal few mths back..

Glad to hear gd comments frm e gals ...

hi Jasmine & Richard, congrats to you...
care to share ur AD pics ?? thks...

seesee

hi juliana, don't think CP will give too much offer. they dont hav LCD projector, hav to rent... quite x. not much bargaining can b done... but their ballroom & food is nice... best of all is, tat's the only ballroom in the hotel/level... no confusion... xcept tat the lightings a bit dim...

weddingmoods

Hi

have not had my dinner yet can't comment on the food & service.

Check out the momento, flowers setup, table centrepiece, reception setup and LCD projector & DVD layer. See for yourself, if u like it then fine. For me, I am a customer with expection.

Their service is consider good when you consider me as a picky customer. Although out of 10 requests they may only fulfill 2. Yet their attitude is still quite good.

These are what I observe.

tjay

Hi all,
happen 2 drop in to this forum n was amazed by all the issues concerning CP...
I m also planning my wedding next yr n CP was my choice too..further more,their current promo is realli tempting..initially me n my partner also not comfortable abt the "receivership" issue, but after getting assurance from the bqt sales pple n reading the Business Times extract, we were more comfortable now...

Will be attending 1 of our friend's wedding at CP this mth, will update again...

soso

Hi all,

I new here. I dint know abt receiveship. Our CP wedding coordinator mentioned abt their receivership during our 1st mtg. Her honesty &amp; assurance makes me feel comfortable. after assoicating with other hotels coordinator, I observe CP is professional &amp; patience (i always postpone my timing < 3 times due to work constraints) during my 2 meet-ups.i reali like CP ballroom ambience esp with a long walkway. So far, their terms are acceptable for me.

koori

Hi all,
I am a CP bride, just had my wedding 2 weeks back. Must SAY the Hotel service and food is very impressive!
Received very good feedback about the food. The wedding setup is also superb.
For those whom will be having the dinner at CP, you are in good hands.
The wedding dinner went very smoothly, marchin/ slide shows/ wine toasting/ cake cutting were coordinated very well, no worries.
Very happy to have our banquet at CP, no regrets. Although we are quite disturbed by the receivership before our wedding.

seesee

HI KOORI, U MENTIONED ABT THE SLIDE SHOWS. DO THEY PROVIDE FREE LCD PROJECTOR??? COS THEY TOLD THEY CHARGE ABT 350++

doo

Hi Koori
Congrats!
Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to know that CP did a good job. I will be having my wedding in Jan. May I know what flowers did you use? Do you have any photos to share with us?
Thanks

koori

Doo - I used red roses as the main theme, they are very nice!!! Wendy told me this batch of red roses are very big and they indeed are! I have not received my photos yet, will share them once i got them in Jan 05.
SeeSee - i got my own LCD projector as CP do not provide and they charge $350 for rental. I got mine at a very reasonable rate (w/ installation), let me know if you want the contact. CP coordinator the whole sequence for the slide show, just need to pass them the CD and tell them the time u wanted to flash the slide show.

weddingmoods

Hi Koori

Can share with me on what dishes you serve for the dinner? I had the food tasting and was dissappointed because some dishes are salty. And the prawns are not so fresh. the dishes don look appetising as they never put in garnishes. Portion not that big even when I had < 10 person at food tasting. What desert did you serve? Please let me know asap. Do share with us on the details of your whole wedding dinner. Quite curious... hee hee... Thank you.

koori

Weddingmoods,
My foodtasting is very good. Prawns served are very fresh, mine is the steam ones. My dessert is Yam Paste. Can u give me your email address, i send u the food menu.

cfonglan

Hi! I've confirmed my dinner with crown prince. Now very excited cos heard so many good comments about their food and service. I must praise Wendy for her good service so far. When I signed the contract with CP, my AD is still not confirmed. I just hum tum one date. Unfortunately, that date is not a good date according to my FIL. I request to tentatively book another date and she's willing to help. Now I've confirmed my AD and the dinner is one day after. I must say her service is pretty good and responsive.

seesee

Congrats to u little lamb, when is ur AD? Btw my cordinator also Wendy. Unfortunately, when i went to sign the contract i was only doing it at the lobby... she didnt serve me drinks...

rynryn

hi koori, can share e contacts &amp; rental fees of e projector?? thks...

do share ur AD pics wif us... Cheers...

cfonglan

my AD is on 29 Oct but my dinner on 30. I also sign the contract at the lobby and she didn't serve me drinks either... actually I've not met other coordinator so can't really compare but am comfortable with Wendy.

What about u? When's your AD?

bondjane

I am considering CP as well... their package is really quite attractive however I am a little worried about the receivership problem. Any chance I can get a contract that says if they go back on their word I will definitely get my deposit back and if they terminate 3 months before, they have to pay a compensation?

cfonglan

When I asked Wendy the same question, she says that even if they put that clause in, in the event when they are under receivership, all contracts with them are considered null. So that clause will be useless then. From what I understand, it's really not the fault of CP. CP themselves is doing very well. I also have confidence with them and believe they will be able to put up a good job for my wedding.

doovy81

hi jane &amp; little lamb,

i juz confirmed with CP and my AD is in Oct... initialy the receivership issue is oso a concern to me but i juz found that their promo package &amp; the service is really quite up to standard, thus i signed up with them eventually..

jane, thk most importantly is tt u need to feel comfortable with the ballroom &amp; the salesperson... i personally thk tt u shd not be affected by the receivership thingy as its better not to miss a gd offer!!! keke...

seesee

hi little lamb, mine is on 11 june 05. hav been to few hotels, but think CP is the best choice among all... cos comment on their food is nice n there's only 1 ballroom . thererfore only 1 couple will be getting married... No confusion for the guests...
Hi jane, dont think they'll include that sentence... i feel that u hav to b comfy wif the Cordinator lor(tat's most impt.) the choice is yours... good luck

seesee

Little lamb,
i've made an appt to choose my gowns on 29 jan and will take the photos shooting aft chinese new year. hopefully can get our photos b4 may. actually wanted to ask for earlier shooting n choosing of gowns. but she told uss tat there'll b new stock coming in mid jan so told us to wait. if i can find any OTR gown then i'm dead. mine is suppose to be MTM but will give me additional 2 photos if i take OTR.

wat abt u?