Park Green

boheng

Hi Carol and Ryue, when did they take the water for testing? did they mention how long will it takes them to give us the results? so in the meantime, issit safe to use our water??? it will be really sick to find out we are using unclean water for the past 11 months (esp for those with children and baby)
crazy.gif

merci_puku

Hi,

It will be a private gathering/meetup.
Time : 10:00am Saturday
Place : Reading Room

PS: Will try to ask one of the Park Green volunteer to come along to get latest updates.

corolla

hi Kyosho,
I not sure the main panel switch will turn off the air con compressor. But you can try it. You can refer to the blue print of the layout provide to you when received your hse key.

Hi Carol,
refer to your ans to saving less then $2 on turning off aircon main, it a good saving now as oil price is increasing. currently i using one aircon, so i turned off two aircon compressor which can save me at least $4 a month.

bbmaru

Corolla,
$4 is good savings. I should switch off my "redundant" ones to save that extra $4. No point spending that extra money if the aircon is not switched on anytime anyway.

taka

Hi there,

This thread is quite active these few days.

Well, want to check with you and especially those staying at block 6, do you still experience the rain water pour into the main entrance (through the gap) during heavy rain? Will NTUC or TS do something to rectify this design fault? Has anyone lodge a complaint on this?

taka

I would think that if they fill up the gap, the rain water should not pour into the main entrance anymore. Am i right?

limay

Taka, I think from the last mgt meeting, they mentioned that the gap will be left as it is (something about more air circulation incase of fire so it wont spread as quickly). We covered our gap with a temporary piece of wood & placed a potted plant there to block out some of the rain. Our neighbour actually got their own contractor to cement up the base of their gap....dont know if its approved thou.

taka

limay,

i thought with the gap will create more air circulation and that is more dangerous in case of fire, isn't it?

How come they can come out with such a stupid design? Stupid indeed!!

limay

Taka, they said something to the effect that with the gap, fire doesnt spread as fast. Oh, also, for more natural light *roll eyes*!

ryue

there seems to be many other design defects with this development besides the "gap" thing. as far as i can recall, i know that the exit side of the car park has been "rectified", it used to be too steep for cars exiting at normal speed not to have the bottom of their bonnet hit and scratch the slope; then there's the infamous tight turn into the car park from the residents side; not forgetting the stream of water flowing into the car park from the flower bed at the carpark entrance; the "un-strategically" placed rubbish collection points at the carpark; and the low wall along the corridors and at the staircase; and how can we forget the tennis court that was re-surfaced shortly after TOP?

Really considering taking a class-action suit on NTUC Choice Homes and TS. These (design) defects will greatly impact the value of the estate in future. And residents may also have to pay a higher maintenance fee in anticipation of rectifying the defects once after the guarantee period is over. Perhaps the best solution will be for the residents to be compensated with a reduction in the purchase price.

Oh and by the way, I heard that we can write to our lawyers and NTUC CH to withhold the final payment if the defects in your unit have not been satisfactorily rectified. Maybe we should organize another walkabout with our MP to "highlight" to him the kind of defects he didn't see the last time? We should invite those guys who put up the white elephants at Buangkok station to help us "highlight" those defects...

bbmaru

Ryue,
I second the idea of bringing a class-action against NTUC CH. In order to succesfully do that, we definitely need the co-operation of those interested residents. I think whoever is interested in bringing an action against them should make a concerted effort to be present on Sat's private gathering and we try to work out something from there.

According to what my friend (who has an unit in Bishan Loft) told me, some of them took action against NTUC CH and got compensated on a "case-by-case" basis. So those who choose not to take action against them were not compensated, even though they were affected too. So dun ever think that one's compensated, all (affected residents) will be compensated for the same thing...

ryue

Carol - it won't be easy. You can expect that there'll be a lot of differences in opinions due to different vested interests. But for a start we can work out the objectives of our meeting and then the items to work on. I'd also suggest that we contact those "experienced" ones, like the people at Bishan Loft, on how to organise the class action suit and how to approach NTUC CH... we must be careful and tactful because we are swimming in the deep ocean and there are many sharks who can chew us into bits if we slip!

corolla

hi Ryue
As long as we swim together as a group, the sharks will not have a chance to bite us. Furthermore I agreed with you that every residents has its own interests in mind and difficult to have common agreement.

limay

Carol, Mercipuku - so how did the Sat meeting go? How was the turnout, and any decision to bring forth any action against TS/NTUC CH?

kyosho1

I am going to drill some planks against the wall, and I am worried about the electrical wires within those walls.
I was looking thru' the electrical drawing given by PG. Am I right to say that the 3 pin wall sockets have their electrical wiring coming from the floor (in the rooms and living/dining area?
What about the aircon electrical wiring - where are they?

ah_eng

Limay,
U interested in the meeting as well? Guess you did not attend the meeting rite :p

I heard that the venue was changed.
lame.gif

samily

Hi kyosho1,

I have seen one of those screwdrivers-looking device that if you pin it against the wall it can detect whether there is a live wire hidden behind the wall.

Maybe you can check it out at electrical/hardware shop.

*Disclaimer
I have never used them, only seen them. Not sure how well they work. Please read instructions carefully before using them.

grin

Hi,

Does anyone have the S&P in front of you? Can state which section and clause that thingy about the front door is? I'm writing to NTUC CH.

mona

Hi taka n all,
I stay in Blk 8 and on every rainy day (heavy rain), the rain will get splashed onto the corridor and shoes that were left outside were all wet as well. Getting quite used to it now. So the shelter that were installed doesn't serve any purpose at all since it failed to prevent the rain from coming in :-(

Btw, there are other complaints as well lah.

Also, the filter at the kitchen wash basin is quite lousy as it cannot prevent smaller debris from flowing into the pipe. Any idea where to get a better filter ? Thanks.

sept03

Personally, it's kind of a selfish mentality for people to say such thing like "Well, I guess the outcome is only known to those who makes the effort to attend the meeting." Forum is for people to share information. Forum does not cultivate people to be selfish. If people wants to be selfish and keep mum about information, i think forum is not suitable for these people. How would it benefits you if only u know the outcome of the meeting and people doesn't know. I think these people should to discuss about their private meeting outside these forum since you do not want people to know.

limay

Sept03, i think Ah Eng meant to say that she also missed the meeting & is as clueless about the outcome as the rest of us. Merci puku/Carol/whoever else who attended, do share with us, thanks
happy.gif

And in the spirit of sharing...remember we spoke about the coffee shops etc opening just by Ranggung LRT? We went to check them out that day, and there is
1) the 24 hours coffee shop (facing the main road) - think about 10 stalls
2) a clinic
3) a small chinese medicinal shop (already opened)
4) econ minimart!
5) a hair salon (haircuts @$9)
Btw, i think the sculptures/sundial/foot reflexology path nearby are pretty cool...look more classy than what Park Green has even!

bbmaru

Sept03,
I dunno what wrong did Ah Eng say to annoy you. Hasn't Ah Eng been sharing ALL she knew for the past 2 yrs (here and our very own PG forum)? She was only commenting that if anyone wants to know what was been discussed during the meeting, they shld make an effort to be there. If any one out there couldn't even make this small effort to be present at the meeting and those pple who attended chose to keep quiet about it, is it her fault to say "Well, I guess the outcome is only known to those who makes the effort to attend the meeting"? I dun think so.

If what had been discussed during the meeting was so important to you (or the rest of the residents), why didn't you or the rest go? Does it make any difference when you ALL want to know the outcome and choose not to unite and do something about it?? All verbal but no actions... Everyone wants to do things only for themselves (since our concerns and interests differ, as another resident put it).

FYI, Ah Eng has not been selfish in any way, cos she wasn't there at the meeting so she couldn't provide the info on what the rest want to know.

And if you held it against her for what she had said, I hope you take it back now.

bbmaru

Limay,
Thanks for clarifying. I can't offer any info too, cos I went there late and there was a change of venue.

Frankly speaking, at this stage, I dun see the possibility of being able to work out anything since we all have different views and interests. So whatever things said and meetings held are all futile.

ah_eng

Opps! I stepped on someone's tail....Hahaha

Limay, luckily u nvr get irritated so easily by my statement. Else I will have step on so many people's tail.

Carol,
Thanks for clearing my point. Petty person gets irritated so easily...tsk tsk tsk

To Sept03 :
I do not feel that it is selfish for me to make tat statement - "Well, I guess the outcome is only known to those who makes the effort to attend the meeting." - Because I myself did not attend and do not know the outcome too.

I agree that 'forum is for people to share information'-That's why I am sharing what I know - ie the outcome is known to those who attend the mtg.

People in this thread has been talking about wanting to deal with NTUC, to write petition and blah blah blah. Then our kind Merci initiate a meeting to co-ordinate. How many of these people appreciate the action and makes the effort to attend the meeting or at least, reply as to whether to attend the meeting. And if you were the reading the posting during this period of time, MAY I KNOW DO U APPRECIATE THAT ACTION?
You are only waiting for people to spoon feed you with info. If you are happy waiting, please continue to WAIT :p
(Sell fish person making selfish reply)

merci_puku

The purpose of initiating the meetup is to share experience on how to deal with developer for the benefit of residents who have been suffering in silence. We are pleasantly surprised with the turnout and has to change to another venue as the reading room wasn't able to accomodate all.

During the meetup, we have concluded to maintain the details of the meetup private as it does not concern other residents who are not involved in the meetup.

I read with amusement that are so many nosey residents around which is not a bad thing in a community or practically there are just too many disgruntled residents trying to hitch a free ride on the effort of others.

As the one year warranty is just less than two months away, we would like to maintain a small group becos it is just too difficult to iron out the differences among a group to put up a case fast.

If any residents are truly concern with welfare of Park Green residents, perhaps one could bring the case on the impact of the URA change in built up area calculation to exclude staircase built up area to from basement level to 1st level. This would generate extra built up space for developer to add to the club house.

ryue

hi merci

please do not brush off those who did not attend as "uninterested"... i'd like to think that they, like me, were tied up with more urgent matters and could not attend. i'd like to think that if you want to take on NTUC CH/TS, it'd probably make more sense to try to get as many residents interested to be taken seriously. Otherwise your efforts might simply be dismissed as "personal grouses", where NTUC CH/TS would try to "divide and conquer" once again. what would be the outcome if no Singaporeans were interested to sign the online petition to remove the ex-CEO of NKF? i'd imagine that the person/group who put up the petition would probably face a defamation suit and end up sour and sad, despite their good intentions.

can i suggest that another meeting be held? perhaps this time not so rush and not so hush-hush? perhaps a group should be formed to "lead" the residents in this "quest"?

just my 2cents worth....

ryue

sorry... forgot to add

i've already faxed the outstanding defects list to my lawyer for them to write to NTUC CH/TS to request rectification within 1 month of receiving the letter, failing which i will have to obtain quotes from external contractors (for rectifying the defects) and submit once again to NTUC CH/TS informing them that if they fail to act, i will proceed to rectify the defects and deduct the costs of doing so from the final bill.

hope this info is useful to you all.

limay

Hey boh eng, yah
happy.gif
finally! We walked pass this morning & all the stalls were already opened! At least another option for us walking back from the LRT...

limay

Yes, its run by KouFu, and the sign says 24 hours (thou dunno if it makes sense to be opened 24 hours). The minimart should be opening anytime soon, the last we peeked, the shelves were already all fully stocked. The hairdresser also had the red cloth over its signage, so anytime now. Dont know about the clinic thou..hopefully the Dr is not stingy with MCs. hehe...

samily

Hi,

Anyone with air-con leaking problem?

Recently, the aircon in my master bedroom has been leaking. I think it's due to condensation.

Also, anyone already got a servicing package?
If yes, how was service?

Thanks.

ryue

samily - so soon? why don't u make a report to the main con and get them to look into the matter? air-con leak should not occur so fast unless the air-con drainage is blocked.

hypoxia

*sigh ... i only free in the wee hours leh.. can organise one like bout 3am in the morning ... want to attend but no choice le... *sigh .. never attend then cannot know... jin ja lat la lai dat ... sueh lor try to attend the next one....

ryue

Merci - I'd leave you to take on the developer.

Meanwhile I'd like to invite those who wish to refinance their existing loans to PM me. I'm currently looking around a few banks and hope to negotiate for better rates and terms on a "bulk" basis. In other words I'm trying to have more bargaining power.

So for those interested, please send me a message with your name, unit number, and the size of your existing loan (to be refinanced including the undisbursed amounts). Please try to do so within the next 3 days.

limay

Hi folks, is anyone thinking of repolishing their compressed marble tiles to get rid of the water stains/calcium deposits, esp. in the bathrooms? I am contacting a company for a quote, and possibly getting a packaged discount if there are some other neighbours interested.
happy.gif
Let me know, thanks!