Pan Pacific Singapore

snoopy

Hi DK,

Hahaha, your description is sooo funni
lol.gif
. I'm sure your hubby is just as doting. He wants you to have as much freedom as you like mah. As for me, paisay, I'm quite lazy and have no brain of my own
embarrassed.gif
. Instead of waiting for me to perform some miracles, my hubby takes care of most things. Lousy excuse hor
lame.gif
... Sometimes, he'll ask me why I so bochap leh, ooooops.

Yes, Universal is in Toa Payoh. They have standard packages which differs by types of gown / bridal car / photos etc. The basics are in but do try to negotiate for more perks
wink.gif
. I can't remember the details, as again, my hubby was the one who booked it, hehehe. Maybe you can try talking to someone there? Their staff are friendly. Personally, I am happy with their services so far.

We are only getting Ocean Ballroom for our 30-tables banquet. What about you?

There is another Pan Pac thread in this forum. You may wish to scan through that to gather more views from ex/future Pan Pac brides.

snoopy

D

dk

Love,
Who your Co-ordinator?
I speak to Juliana...she quite ok what?
Dun relly find her Bo-chap leh?
Now i'm a little worried.

miao_miao

Harlow,
I'm new here. Juz sign up with Pan Pac. My co-ordinator is Delia.
Found she's very nice and accomodating.....
Anyone liase wif her b4???

lace

Hi all,

miao miao, my co-ordinator is Delia too. Is she back from her maternity leave already? My wedding is in Jun this year. Still waiting for her to call us to collect the wedding cards.

Agree she's quite nice to talk to. Did u take the Pacific or Ocean Ballroom?

M

miao miao

Hi Lace,

Yup! she's back but hor she doesn't look like juz given birth leh..... She seems kinda buzy coz bery difficult to get her lor...

Mine wedding is on Mar 2004. She gave me Pacific 2 & 3 coz I'm having 34 tables lor... Wat bout u?
u taking Pacific or Ocean Ballroom???

R

rue

Hi Lace & Snoopy,

Can you be so kind to share with me as to how much are your wedding packages? I am also interested in Pan Pac because of the Pacific Ballroom - it is very grand and beautiful. However, I am worried that my budget do not allow me to sign up with them.

lace

Hi all,

miao miao, I took Pacific 1 & 2 as I'm having around 30 tables. But I sort of regretted later on on not insisting to take Pacific 3 cos I subsequently found out that only Pacific 3 has the glass walled lighting panels, which I liked very much
sad.gif
. Think I'll try to ask for it again if Pacfic 3 is not used on my wedding day.

rue, my package is $738++ per table on a weekend. It's a 9-course dinner. I signed up with them last July. I understand that all their dinner packages now only come with 8-course..

M

miao miao

Hi Lace,

Guess u can check wif them when itz nearer coz I got a fren who got wedding at Ocean Ballroom. But on that day of her wedding, the Banquet manager actually ask her why she dun book Pacific Ballroom as no on book for them....
Maybe u can try to negotiate wif Delia whether u can get Pacific Ballroom 3 if itz not in use lor...
happy.gif

boo

hi all,
how come nody comes in anymore? so weird...
me also going to have dinner at pan pac in nov..

Y

ynopp

hi boo,

I didn't choose Pan Pac cos:

1) location not too ideal
2) 4 star hotel charging 5 star rate

C

chupachup

hi boo

good choice! i had my wedding in PP too last yr and it was beautiful. all the guests commented that the ballroom was unique and the table setting was also very nice. i'm sure u'll enjuoy ur wedding. their bridal suite is also very big.

ynopp: it's true that location wise it's not that ideal if u consider guests who have to take public transport. but for guests who drive, the location is in fact very convenient. in addition the car park is huge so there's no jam unlike some hotels they only have 1 entrance to the car park so very jam. as for the rates, i believe it's bcos PP itself is a very big group of hotels and they're well known that's why they're charging quite a bit but the ballroom is very nice if u compare to places like oriental, mandarin etc. more mordern. anyway to each his own. hope u've found a hotel that u like.

A

angelbella

Hi chupachup,
Talked to you in this forum b4...may i ask you how's the food at panpac? The ballroom's really nice but worried about the food. No comments about the food, it seems...

C

chupachup

hi angelbella

the food, according to my guests was not bad - if i'm not wrong, the chef is from Hai Tien Lo which is quite famous for its food. During food tasting, we found certain food too oily and we feedback to the chef, and surprisingly actual day it turned out much better. We also swoped some dishes - can't remember what now and they were quite accomodating.

Frankly speaking, if u want really good food, a hotel is not the place to hold ur dinner. Most couples choose to hold their dinner in the hotel bcos of the ambience. I believe restaurants will give u better standard of food, however ambience wise, they definitely won't be able to give u the same as a hotel.

so which hotel did u book or considering?

boo

hi chupachup,
i like the ballroom too tat's y i booked pan pac.. as for the location, think it's quite convenient for guests wat, easy to find and reach dun think it's a prob. anyway, i heard alot of good comments abt pan pac, and it has always been my first choice haha..

love

Hi Ladies.

so so so sorry to reply so late.i kind of "Missed" this topic.until today thern i saw it.dun know y.

I have already booked my wedding dinner n bridal package..will be taking my PS this jun...

u guys?

love

Hi chupachup...

can i chk whether did u use any project on ur wedding day??

or anyone can adv me oin this?

A

angelbella

Hi chupachup,
I've not booked for hotel, mine's next year end. Considering Merchant Court(good food but don't really like the deco), Hyatt (yet to see the ballrooms)and Panpac (love the pacific ballroom). Any advice? Yup, i also have the same question as love...did you use their projector that day? Is it clear? Think I saw your photos before...can I see your photos taken at Panpac again, if you don't mind?

D

dk

At last this section of the posting is active again...was quite worried how come no posting...
for awhile i tot i was the only one wif Pan Pac...
Phew!!!

Love (love),
Yeap, my wedding on 18th Nov...How about U? On the same day as me? I'm using the Pacific Ballroom cos my hubby side guest estimated alot, therefore can only ballroom on 1st sty can accommodate, lor...
How U confirm your bridal & PS????

Oh! Love, did U mean projector? If i'm not wrong, PP can actually arrange for that. Maybe U can check wif your co-ordinator.

Chupachup,
U mentioned about PP chef previously from Hai Tian Lou...or is it someone else? Whose your chef for that day can U remember the name?

To all ex-PP bride,
PP does have many Suite Rooms...which one do they normally provide for the wedding nite? If i'm not wrong they give Evcutive Suites, right? But any particular floor?

Love,
Did U

ion

Hi DK,

Chef Chan (the previous chef) had since left Hai Tian Lou ... set up his own resturant at Toa Payoh Safra Club.

The new chef (present one), I heard, is from a 5-star hotel in Singapore - the current banquet menu items (dishes) are totally different from that of the previous ones (although the signature dish 'crispy chicken' still remains).

Also, the dinner packages now only come with 8-course.. no more 9-course.

love

Hi DK.

mine is in the 23 Nov....ocean ballroom cos when we book one yr ahead only left this ballroom.n my est tables is abt 38 tables.so this is ok for us..

I dun know abt the Bridal suite..cos its my first time there too.....oops i mean for wedding lor........

ya my bridal confirm liao.....was confirm before i confrim my wedding dinner venue......PS will be in Jun......

how abt u?which bridal u taking??Me a bit scared that the SARS will last till end of the yr ler..wat do u think????

oops i think i ask too many questions liao........so excited that i found someone who is using PP and in Nov too......ur coordinate is caroline too??

D

dk

Hey Love,
Dun worry about questions, I also glad to have found U...wedding 1st time ....so cab be really lost...good to have someone to share/exchange views & info. I'll be around lor, be free to question me if U needed any info.

Oct, Nov & Dec is sure popular months when i 1st contacted PP in Dec'02. Most of the weekends for that month is oledi taken or on tentative booking.
So we were left wif 18th Nov which is a Tuesday.

Wah! i think i'm very far behind lei! Jus got our bridal (Ted Wu) confirm on Thusday...& still yet to confirm for studio & actual day PS (should be in late Aug or early Sep. Now we still got to find a tailor for my FH suit....Ay Yah i think ala-cart packages very "Ma Fun"...should have sign up for all-in-one...hor?

How about U? which bridal & PS did U sign up wif?
My 1st appointment wif bridal on the 19th...when is your 1st appointment?

Juliana the catering manager was the one who did my PP proposal,reservations & every thing but i'm not sure whether she will be co-ordinating the whole event herself. IS caroline the catering manager as well?

D

dk

Snoopy,
So sori din reply U earlier cos i was rather busy wif bridal sourcing.
I'm taking the ballroom at the 1st floor...is it the Pacific ballroom?...hmmm, i think so.
Your wedding in Aug, right? so U done your PS? How preparation?

Couldn't believe wedding preparation is so tiring...bridal hunting is already one big headache...
I got really mad i got as i was so confused after seeing many...

D

dk

Love(Love),
Talking about SARs...i dun think i will take so long for the horrible virus to subside, plus November is still long way.
I rather worried about retrenchment, crisis, war & terrorists attacks. That'll affect honeymoon.

To all,
Taking about honeymoon where to go? Where are U guys planning to go?

love

Hi DK....

Actually wann book 18 NOv too cos my ROM date...but that date not suitable for me n hubby....

My bridal is Seletar Broadway.selected mt WG and EG lioa.will take PS in Jun....

My coordinate is Caroline.....i knew Nov n dec is a popular mth and thats y we book way way ahead.abt 1 yr ahead....so KS rite?

me still got lots of thing coming up....my house.my renovation etc........

how abt u????hows ur preparation?where u intend to go for honeymmon??

C

chupachup

Hi Love & Angelbella,

Yes i did have a projector on actual day. Actually during discussion with my coordinator, she told me that the hotel will charge $500 for rental of projector as they have to rent it from another party. I was quite taken aback bcos i do events and i know that all hotels own their own projectors. So i asked my coordinator the reason why when a company books the rm for a seminar they get free projector but wedding couples must pay? She was dumb founded and cldn't answer. In the end i told her that if she doesn't throw in the projector free i will not book PP bcos other hotels are throwing it free (and it's true). In the end she called me and said ok. I even insisted for a rehearsal - to ensure that my laptop links properly to the projector etc.

Pls make sure u get a good bargain from ur coordinator. The hotels are very smart knowing that couples will usually tend to spend for their wedding since it's once in a lifetime but any savings to the couple is very very important. With that savings of $500 i cld buy wine for guest and gifs for helpers etc.

Angelbella, my photos no longer online cos that website wants to charge me for putting my photos on their site so sorry cannot show u the photos again.

Hi Dk

I don't know whose my chef for the actual day and anyway i don't think u can request for a specific chef cos it depends on their roster.

Don't worry ladies u have made the right choice to choose PP cos the ballroom setup is really really unique. I chose a mix of 2 diff themes - flower and candle and the ambience was nice.

D

dk

Anyone can help on this....
I need to know the colour theme of the banquet ballroom.
I remeber attending a frens wedding at Pan Pac where she cos the garden theme which was mainly yellow with greens...& white.

Cos i need to decide what colour beads to used for my WG..gold, pastel blue, Pastel purple or pink...any sugession?

D

dk

Love(love),
My house major reno will have to wait till after the wedding..meanwhile the re-sale unit we bought is still bearable as when i bought it the previous owner had jus done the reno works.

We are planning for Europe maybe Italy, France or Greece but to go in Nov which is right after the wedding will be not advisable cos it will be Winter there. During winter the Hours in the day are shorten plus it might be too cold for us as we planned for self-drive, free & EZ trip. So we might bring forward or wait till next year August or September...
1st Opinion seem not possible, dunno when the Gulf war end & economy how then plus the SARs thing also lor. Most importantly, dunno got $$ to bring forward the honeymoon...All hope on the lottery ticket! Hee! Tee Gong, Pls Poh Pi us Heng heng!Gee!

How about U? Where are U planning to go?

D

dk

Calling for all Pan Pac brides to be,
Pls indentify yourself:-

Snoopy - ?? Aug 2003
Boo - ?? Nov 2003
DK - 18 Nov 2003
Love(love) - 23 Nov 2003
Miao Miao - ?? Mar 2004

love

Hi Dk....

I will get my house key in think next mth.....just TOP....n need to do reno in jun.....

Me actually intend to go either Korea or Switzerland.....but as we intend to go for abt 2 weeks....so was thinking Korea might not be a good choice........wanna experenice winter actually........

BY the way....I am actually quite scared that the SARS will really affect our plans ler......looking at the situation now..hubby did mention that we nned to sit down n discuss the cont plan....

how abt u???????

ya by the way my email add is [email protected] if u wanna mail me.....

love

Hi Dk....

I will get my house key in think next mth.....just TOP....n need to do reno in jun.....

Me actually intend to go either Korea or Switzerland.....but as we intend to go for abt 2 weeks....so was thinking Korea might not be a good choice........wanna experenice winter actually........

BY the way....I am actually quite scared that the SARS will really affect our plans ler......looking at the situation now..hubby did mention that we nned to sit down n discuss the cont plan....

how abt u???????

ya by the way my email add is [email protected] if u wanna mail me.....

D

dk

Love(love),
Korea nice lei! I like lor but i think my FH will have problem with the food lei.
Me & girlfrens are would like to make a trip there for shopping...heard that not Korea is better to shop than HK...more things & cheaper...

Hope the SARs thing end quickly lor...if everyone b reponsible & practice my Kaisu-im maybe can quickly wipe-out Sars...Keep our fingers cross plus stay healthy lor.

love

Hi DK...

But i think next week is a crucial week...........cos of the Pasir Panjang...........

I also dun want this case to affect all my plan......will wait till Jun n make decision...

D

dk

Love(love),
Have U decided what "wedding theme" & "flowers" to use.

I've got to think about b4 i go for my next bridal appointment...as it will determine wat colour for my Wg beams & EG'c colour.
Waht would U think would be nice for the Candle-lite Theme? Wat colour should be good? Hmm....maybe i would use white lilies or camelia or white/pink poenies..any comments?

Do U know which florist PP is tied up with?

love

Hi Dk....

R we allowed to choose the colour of the flower?i dun know ler....anyway i have already choose my EG colour...so no diff rite??

anyway i think white lily is very nice.....so u using Candle lit theme???i cant remember wat the other theme ...i only know we got 2 theme to choose only cos the other one cannot be used in Ocean ballroom....

D

dk

Love,
i think u should be able to chose or aliase with the florist on the deco or colour theme when the date is near...but i got to check wif PP....let u know then.

As for the table cloth colour i do know they have few colours but i dunno exactly wat colour they have....

I might have to check wif PP.

U've chosen your EG colour? Wat colour? How is the design?
Btw if U did picked your EG colour already jus make sure deco dun clash with it...

jess

hi pan pac brides,
anyone recently had their dinner?
how was it?
this thread is always so quiet.....

dora

Hi

Went down to see the pacific ballroom last night. Its really very unique and nice. And I like the teddy bear wedding favours too! Everything looks so perfect! But we may have to stretch the budget a bit if we take pp. Has anyone been there recently? How's the food?

By the way, what kind of additional perks has anyone asked for ? Mine will be weekend 40-45 tables.

Thanks!
Thanks!

elis

Hi Dora, I love the ballroom too. i simply love the long march in as well as the high ceiling and coloured lightings. favours looks nice too! food not sure cos never tried. however, i am sure wont be able to compare with 'li bai' or 'chang jiang' standard lah. however, i do not require that many tables. 27/28 will be ideal for me. but pan pac only wanna release if I can give them 30 (which i am unwilling to do so).

conrad howveer is willing to accommodate my numbers. conrad is priced slightly higher than pan pac. conrad looks exceeddingly classy and cosy. however, march in is not that long
sad.gif

thus, i am contemplating between the 2
happy.gif

D

dk

Dora,
it will be ideal to use the Pacific Ballroom for your required capacity. BTW when is your wedding date? Weekends can be very popular so do hurry ....it applies to most of the hotels.

I'll be having mine at Pan Pac in Nov but it is a weekday. Couldn't get any vacancy for weekends when we booked the ballroom in Jan this year so we decided to have it on weekday instead.

dora

Hi Elis and DK,

Thanks for your reply. We are looking at May 04. The lady who is in touch with us is Delia. She's a very nice and accomodating lady, compared with the co-ordinators that we met at other hotels. She says there are still a couple of weekends left for May 04. But my future MIL still want to go chinatown and ask about the actual date. She keep thinking we so KS, almost 1 year later, its just hard for her to believe got to book so early. Told her to hurry already, but can't everyday go and hurry her also, so bo bian lor...Just cross my fingers that when she finally get the date, PP is still available.

Will start reno for the flat next week. been running around to select tiles, furniture, lights, etc.... so tiring..... but quite fun. Just hope that we didn't make the wrong choice by selecting PP, 'cos this will be the most expensive single item on our budget list!! We'll be quite broke by the time we finished with the reno and wedding. Didn't even budget in the honeymoon yet!!

wedding is really such an expensive affair in singapore.

elis

after contemplating and shortlisting, I have decided to use panpac. following are what i see attractive in panpac :

1) long march in (very very important cos the point for the bride&groom to be soo beautiful is to let others see!)

2) nice ballroom with high ceiling

3) nice lightings that can change colours

4) nice wedding coordinator who does not put on airs and is really accommodating. (have been to some hotels and the coordinators are acting as if I OWE them money!) maybe me and my hubby portrays to be very ching chai and looks cashless
happy.gif

5) nice cute and different wedding favours for guests.

guess thats enough reasons to engage them?

i am gonna confirm things with them real soon. any advise on what perks i should ask for or what things i should look out for???

dora

Hi Elis

Glad to know that you’ve decided on pan pac, cos we have too!! My FMIL says that the tongshu will only be out much later. My FH and I decided that we can’t wait so we went ahead to book a date based on our liking, and the online almanac – 22 May 04!!! Told her that we can change later if it turns out that the date is really bad (hee hee, its actually just a tactic to make sure that we can go ahead for our plans)
biggrin.gif

Agree totally with you that the co-ordinator is very nice. You know something, I actually made an appointment with delia initially, then told her that I was not going down cos we’ve calculated and its out of our budget. Then she asked me what our budget is and she said she’ll try and re-package something to be within our budget, and I should go down and take a look first. I was really glad that I did!! She changed a couple of items in the menu and we gave up the anniversary stay in exchange for lower price. She knew that we have a very low budget so she offered us 30 free wine corkage and additional 20 L barrel of beer even without us asking for it. Not like other hotels where they said no even when we try to bargain. Will go down to pay the deposit next week. Don't know if I should bargain for more things, but like very pai seh leh....
blush.gif

Is your co-ordinator delia too, or are all co-ordinators in pan pac so nice?