Novotel Clarke Quay

cheekybee

Hey wendy, the stage is indeed small! But I managed to squeeze 15 people for yum seng...hehe...probably because our family members and yum seng brothers are of average build...if they are plus size...tink would definitely fit lesser pax...hee...

yfeb29

Hi Cheeky,

Thanks for your answer to my poulty dish! I have to agree roast chicken will indeed be more tender...
happy.gif

Hi Luwen,

Congrats & welcome back! Do you have any comments on the food given by your guests? I heard the waitresses they hired can be very young and inexperienced...

yfeb29

Hi All,

I have an unusual request here. I just picked up my cards from Jasvy today and will be bringing to my relative place for printing.

However I need a sample on the invite before the print job can start... is there anyone willing to share me a copy?

senzsenz

Hi fly, oh they are the centrepieces... my dad made metal rings for the lazy susan so that the centrepieces dun haf to be removed even when the dishes are served... so the rose balls will be suspended mid air above the food thru out the dinner..

yesfeb29, we did worry bout the food as they were not that fantastic during food tasting.. of cos for any dinner, there's bound to be comments, both negative n positive.. for my guests, almost all commented that the food was fantastic, cept for those gourmet wannabes.. haha.. the shark's fin i found it to be way too starchy.. overall we received great reviews for food.. waitresses can be a lil slow in serving drinks though.. maybe they too cheena to understand.. haa..

senzsenz

Hi Jiahui,
that I m not sure about.. i dun think so bah?

Another thing is the red wine consumption.. we were told tat the wines were running low... and were asked to open up 6 bottles at one go each time.. ended up it was mentioned that we had opened 24 bottles.. on top of the 36 bottles given.. that was a total of 60.. which we dun see that many ppl drinking.. many actually found the wine to be a lil' too dry..
They did made a nice sales gesture (which we tot to be jus a gimmick) of waiving the first additional 12 bottles.. so we jus paid for 12 bottles..

wendycp

Hi Luwen,

Where did you bought the wine? from novotel? They can't waive the corkage charge so have to get from them. Can't rem the price, did asked huiling whether the wine is smooth or dry. She told me they have changed the wine, is an italian wine. Im not very good in wine so not sure is good or not, but she said not bad, smooth.

senzsenz

hi wendy..
Jus simply took it from their package... not a wine drinker so i aint fussy bout it.. jus need the wine to be there for the guests.. but reviews came back was that it was too dry for most of my drinker fwens..

cheekybee

Hey luwen...

Did you get to verify how many bottles of wine you opened? I mean did you see the actual number of empty bottles? How about your beer and hard liquor consumption?

cheekybee

Hi yesfeb..if your relative is in the printing business...they should know what to do i think...basically the layout is quite similar...just that details such as your parents' names...bride & groom's names & rsvp contacts...novotel's address and ballroom name...are customised...if you are the eldest daughter or if your hubby is the only son...the way of addressing is also different...
happy.gif

cheekybee

Hi Wendy, at my time, the wine was Cornerstone...not sure if its changed now...feedback about the wine from my guests was not too bad...i didn't get to try it myself that night though...hee..

senzsenz

hi cheekybee...
they will show you the empty consumed bottles before you sign on acknowledgement.. but the bottles might not necessarily be accumulated during our wedding dinner if you understand wad i mean.. hahaa.. my guests were all bringing their own in.. only paid additional 200+ like that for the red wine...

yfeb29

Hi Cheeky,

Guess you're right, i do not need a sample template but slowly work out the details.

Hi Bubble,

Thanks for the tip. I will ask from Jamie then.

Good nite all.

cheekybee

Hi luwen...you got to sign an acknowledgement?? probably they realise that was necessary after my "incident"...I didn't even get to see the empty bottles...just got a verbal understanding of the consumption...we kind of regretted not checking on the spot...oso a bit paiseh then to request to do so...cos' we had some issue with that which we could not verify after the night itself...but fortunately we managed to resolve it later with them amiably...
happy.gif
*phew*

I really tink the "gimmick" part you mention is somehow true...:p we opened an extra barrel of beer and our 200++ guests downed 4 bottles of hard liquor...we couldn't believe our eyes...haha...

My experience with NCQ is very good except for the "incident" that we had with them...i am very glad that future couples get to sign an acknowledgement now...at least there is some improvement!
happy.gif

tinggy

Hi Luwen,
Your deco is really really very nice. Do your father rent out those deco? I find that they are much nicer than the original deco by novotel.

beargal

Hi everyone,

Just to check, all your wedding are dinner banquet?
Care to share if anyone out there's having Lunch banquet??

I have actually sign a Phoenix Lunch

Not sure if the BR is dark enough in the day for the crystal deco.
Any advice?

beargal

Hi Luwen,

Your dad is fantastic.
Really think those flower balls are unique.

Does he have experience to make those flower rings (花环)that you can use to replace tiara?

I was thinking of those.

cheekychick

(( YeaR 2008 ))
~bliss~ 03-Jan-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Raycia 26-Jan-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bubble-bell 24-Feb-2008, Sun, Phoenix
yesfeb 29-Feb-2008, Fri, Phoenix
merribell 29-Mar-2008, Sat, Phoenix
bernice 30-Mar-2008, Sun, Phoenix
tevetoh 19-Apr-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Yvonne 3-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Bearyxmm 15-May-2008, Thu, Phoenix
Val 21-May-2008, Wed, Phoenix (about 30)
Ting 25-May-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Kelluvjer 30-May-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Sharon 31-May-2008, Sat, Phoenix
henyve 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Cinnamon (Abt 22)
Rac 07-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (about 35)
Fantasy 15-Jun-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Lara 19-Jun 2008, Thur, Phoenix (about 30)
lingandyang 21-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix (30 tables)
Joyce 22-June-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Joy 28-Jun-2008, Sat, Phoenix
R&J 06-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Vividz 20-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Stef 27-July-2008, Sun, Phoenix
kc 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
eden_dream 6-Sep-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
TomC 12-Sep-2008, Fri , Phoenix Ballroom
Flora 13-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Gina 20-Sep-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Dawson 21-Sep-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Ryan 22-Sep-2008, Mon, Cinnamon
Happiness&Bliss 27-Sep-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
Jelly Beanie 28-Sep-2008, Sun, Phoenix (35 Tables)
Jiahui 5-Oct-2008, Sun, Phoenix
ChunChun 10-Oct-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Michelle 18-Oct-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Miseep 31 Oct 08, Fri, Phoenix ballroom
Gina Wee 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
Maltese_lover 1-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
youkie 2-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Alyssac 8-Nov-2008, Sat, Cinnamon
Funfun 11-Nov-2008, Tue, Phoenix
Blurgroom 16-Nov-2008, Sun, Phoenix
Ivy_sammc 22-Nov-2008, Sat, Phoenix
suzukai 30-Nov-2008, Sun, Cinnamon
adathong 5-Dec-2008, Fri, Cinnamon
earthsea 26-Dec-2008, Fri, Phoenix
Ann 27-Dec-2008, Sat, Phoenix

(( YeaR 2009 ))
XueLunBaby 03-Jan-2009, Sat, Phoenix (about 40 Tables)
Wendycp 21-Feb-2009, Sat, Cinnamon
Queen 25-Oct-2009, Sun, Phoenix
Cheekychick 12-Dec-2009, Sat, Cinnamon

Just gotten a draft contract from Huiling but the very basic info also wrong. She stated Phoenix Ballroom instead of Cinnamon Ballroom. So of cos, the food tasting part for 10pax etc is also wrong lar. Duno isit becos she is so bz until blur already~ Cos she made the same mistake too when we placed deposit last mth...told her on the phone its cinnamon but when we met her, she still tot its Phoenix. She also attached a Wedding Checklist & sample MC scrip thou. But didnt include the chinese characters of Novotel as promised. So juz replied to her liao...Additional barrel of beer at $650++ & in-house wine at $25++ per bottle. Corkage is $15nett.

tortoisezzz

Luwen

Is YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love your setup, I went down that day and thought that Novotel has changed their crystal theme, ahaahaa, then the coordinator clarified it, your bkdrop on the stage is also nice nice, :D

tortoisezzz

Cheeky chick,

Ya Huiling busy busy, she stayed bk quite late when we went to meet her that day...Oh okie okie, thanks, I tot the contract will defintely accurate so I must bring my little booklet along to compare..

senzsenz

hi Ting, my dad does all the metal stands and his fwens in the floral business did up the floral deco portion.. I think the deco will be used in Mandarin or Shangri La cos maybe they will be more exp than what Novotel has requested?

Bearbeargal, for the floral headbands, most ppl will use artificial flowers.. you can ask from florists, they can do that but more suitable for outdoor weddings..

tortoisezz.. haha.. you were there? the set up was done up quite late cos the florist was going crazy with the floral balls.. haha..but i din fancy that pink cloth as the backdrop.. supposed to have another backdrop but stuff koked up on the way.. haha.. so no choice but to use the bronze trees w tealights loh..

Jamie is way more efficient than Huiling, maybe cos she is more experienced? We had changed coordinators previously cos Huiling doesnt seem to be decisive enough and there were slight hiccups here and there.

queenly

cheeky chick, i oso just received from huiling....everything was ok for me in my case....anyway wan to ask for more carpark from them see wat they say...

tortoisezzz

Luwen

Yup Yup, my bf and I were there. We so happi thinking it was Novotel new theme, ahaahaa, when the coordinator says no, we abit disppointed, heehee, ya jamie is more experienced cos she is the manager loh...but huiling is not too bad for us too, :p

Cheeky chick,

Oh, I see, is sent tru email, hahaah, tot will meet face to face...

cheekychick

Hi Queen, 25% carpark coupons enuf for us already...as im chartering buses as well. Not sure how many servers to how many tables. Must rem to ask huiling liao...but i rem one of the brides here say try to ask for 1 server to 2 tables. I tot 1 server to 2 tables is the very minimum already...

crayongal

hey luwen,
i saw the pics u posted....heh.. super nice leh! hmmm.. if we ask yr dad/his frens for a quote... would they be able to do it for us ? also at ncq.. ? for our dinner ? keke..
i really like it. alot nicer den the floral theme that ncq has.. hmmm... shld suggest to them to use it la. haha =P

anyhows, thnx for sharing the pics..

senzsenz

Hi Stef,
I can ask them about it but I will only be able to get back to you after 31st jan when I come back from my honeymoon? When's ur AD? I've attached the pic of the VIP table..

599330.jpg

cheekybee

Hi Queen...we actually felt the carpark coupons might not be enough too before the wedding...we had 30% of confirmed tables...but at the end of the day...we still had so many left to distribute...hehe...they say as long as you don't openly make an announcement about it...you should have enough to go around...heehee..

fly05

Hi Cheekybee,

Thanks for the photos...

Did you make special request for the gold tablecloth settings for the guests? I tot by default is all white.....*blur*

It is indeed spacious! Considering a full set up for 26 tables! No worries about that for me now
happy.gif
But the stage is still quite small...haha

But i wonder is the march-in spacious enough? I find it a bit crampy....Do you have any problem with tat?

queenly

Huling replied me. The food servers will be 1 server to 2 tables whereas drinks servers would b 1 server to 4 tables.

any comments? the food wise i think ok but drinks wise dunno can ask them to increase to 2 servers to 4 tables anot.

yfeb29

Hi Cheeky,

I am considering for the chartered buses. Can share with me how you actually work with the arrangement? And the charges for it too? Thanks!

Recently been to NCQ, the renovation at Liang Court is really bad, more like tearing down the building than revamping...sigh

cheekybee

Hi bernice...the cake is from NCQ...the decor also from NCQ...hehe we didn't spend a dime to redo the deco...quite happy with it..ours have a cosy effect...I think Phoenix ballroom will look grander!..hee..

Hi FLY...at my time I have gold, red, silver, bronze to choose from if I don't remember wrongly...hee...I tink you will get to choose lor...but the seat covers are all white...only the VIP tables will have extra sash tied to each seat...the stage is indeed small though...haha...maybe you can estimate how many people going up with you on stage...in two rows max...well march-in aisle was quite ok for us..we din't feel that we were very near to the floral stands...actually at that moment I was more concerned whether hubby will step on my gown and trip me instead!!..haha...:p

fly05

Hi Cheekybee,

I think only immediate family members are 'allow'..haha...no space..bo bian...

I need i also need to remind my hubby not to step on my gown when we march-in!

BTW, how is the sound system there?

bernice

thanks cheekybee, the cake look realli nice! Do you get to chose the cake or standard one. But if standard one already look so nice!

I was rather concern abt the getting red carpet for my march-in.
and there is only one projection given to us in the contract.

the reno is at the liang court right? i haven't been to liang court quite long already.

cheekybee

Hi FLY, usually 9 out of 10 brides will always worry about their hubby stepping on their gown...hehe...it sounds so silly...but we always think the same way...dunno why! haha..but usually it never happens cos' there is a method of holding your gown and walking with the big fat can can...so dun worry too much!
happy.gif
Sound system is also good to me...

Hey bernice...I din't get to choose the cake at all..it totally slipped my mind...I only saw it on the actual day...hee...and I quite like it...should be the standard one lor...by the way...they will give you a tier of real fruit cake with a pair of wedding dummy after your banquet...

When I was having my wedding...the reno was already in progress...but if you are holding dinner banquet...by the time your reception starts at 7pm...they should have stopped work for the day already....hubby told me when he went for briefing at 5 plus...it was very noisy...but during our reception...it was ok liao...unless you are having lunch banquet...then i'm not too sure!