Novotel Clarke Quay

samanlyt

Hi divasan

I can share some photographer's contacts with you. I surfed the net b4 my AD and got some contacts. Lemme noe if u wan k? Dun worie..sure can find one.
happy.gif

Ho bubblebell

Cool ya?
happy.gif
Wedding prep is like tat de..tend to have disagreements. Discuss and reason wif ur huby and perhaps can tell him the experience which other NCQ brides have gone thru, then he will sure understand, i believe

diva79

cheekybee>> i tink windows movie maker should be sufficient
happy.gif

Mrs Annie,
eemoo >> will u be able to PM me their contacts?
happy.gif

Caitou>> i see..but this fren arh damn headache. he din intro his fren to take his place when he broke the news. really give up on him. someore we are paying market rates to him!

cheekybee

Hi caitou...yes me and FH going f & e...already spent a bomb buying those winter stuff...i bought wool socks instead to keep my feet warm...hope its enuff...hehe...now can't imagine going there and spending another bomb on eating & transport & shopping & sightseeing!! :p

Hi divasan...thanks! I will give it a try...=)

ttbrides

Hi gals,

may i check with you all regarding the following, didnt ask huiling when i sign the contract:

1) do they provide rose pedal during dinner

2) when the guests are eating, will there be background music provided by NCQ or i have to bring my own songs

3)the cloth for the recep table is standard red and gold? or i can choose colour

4) is jamie the person which she will liaise with me nearer the date, thou i sign the contract from huiling. Would prefer jamie
happy.gif

thank so much.

bubblebell

Hi Divasan,

I got my AD PG at promotion price $600, with unlimited shoots, 10hrs, 300pcs 4R size in unique album.
I went to the bridal shop and look at the sample of the photos, still not too bad.

queenly

Hi Divasan, you can try Daniel Beh from Daniel Beh Photography. http://www.danielbeh.com I would say his works are quite good and price reasonable as well....1.6k with 300 4R in album then still got free coffeetable album or magazine style photobook.

And his character very pleasant oso....Vanilla oso uses him.

xuer21

Hi Divasan, i engaged the service of Coffee and Tea Dreamworkz... their pg is 1600 i think... nt bad quite like their works...

diva79

thanks gals for your recommendation and PMs...i will contact them and hopefully i can find one within such a short notice..

Hi Hi,

Congrats to Rine, Tweety and Belle. Welcome to the Mrs' Society now.

Tweety,
Saw your 'hiccups' on your wedding... I can understand your heart ache cos i also lost $1.6K on the same issue, don't dwell on it lah, cos it over now..

I believed Zul have confirmed with someone who is 'authorised' to do so, or someone with 'authority' has confirmed zul to do so bah. Cos for us when we were seated at our VIP table, 1 of my confirmed table's guests still didn't not turn up, Zul came and ask my hubby whether should they cooked that table's food or we want to bring back the fresh fish kekekek (however my mil insist the guests will sure come turned up, but ended up we have the whole table food sent up to our room at the end of the bq with the poor fish died without a 'contribution'), and he also updated us that our appointed xiong di has a reserved table opened up for 3 adults and 2 kids (when i have already set the table sitting for these guests to sit with another confirmed table which has 5 adults 1 baby sit)...
So Don't think they will make a mistake on such 'routine'.

One thing in consolation,
At least these guests will not brand us the host as a 'cat' one, trying to squeeze them with someone they don't know bah or separate them apart at different table.

diva79

Mrs Chew >> did u make a loss for your banquet? i forsee that we might also have the same problems like wat u did..

btw did both of u finish up the whole table food? poor fishy...
sad.gif

we are finalising the guest list now...will there be enuff space for 2 baby chairs in 1 table? we might also have to squeeze in 11 people in 1 table under certain circumstances..will novotel allow?

eemoo

divasan, how's your search for your PG? hope you've confirmed with one already.

I'm having a mental block now...can't really sleep well this few days cos keep thinking there's something I didn't do but cannot figure out what...at a loss now..so scared on my AD then realised got something didn't do...
sad.gif

Hi Diva,

Actually, during the banquet we didn't make any loss, just that 2 tables $$ was spent unwisely, when we can take precaution against it.

The angpao we have collected for both our friends and Hubby's family's guests, we just need to topped up another $2K (which include additional helpers'day use room at $100+++).

But not forgetting we did not take back 8 tables of ang pows from my mum and dad's (est. 5K)

So in fact we actually didnt lose any $$ in banquet.

For the food we didn't touch on it, cos by then I was already too tired n my hubby were half sober liao, but our xiong di/s did help to finished the prawns and phoenix chix when they 'nao dong fang' but the whole pot of sharkfins (cos no cutlery n plates/bowls) and plate of steamed fish and the rest of the foods were pathetically left in the room till the next day when we woke up lor.

Well, i don't know if there is sufficient space for 2 baby chairs and 10 adults for 1 table.

But I might suggest that, if you already have guests confirmed they need baby chair for their kids, you can pre-empt BM to place the chair there first. then the guest can auto know that 'oh that baby-chair for my baby-kid'. if not, will be in same case like mine lor, my guest confirmed that her baby taking the baby chair but on actual day, did not ask for 1, and took up an adult seating instead which is why when my xiong di saw that the 3 adults and 2 children <6 years cannot fit in the table with 5 adult 1 kid, has to open the reserved table lor knowing that we do not want to make our guests feel 'squeezy'.

What most impt abt table planning is, as it is a happy event, don't let your guests feel uncomfortable.

diva79

eemoo >> my hb fren now changed his mind for 3rd time say can liao arh. i very de tui...dunno if he will change his mind last min or not again. but hor..i want to search for one (but couldn't find any yet since 4 wks away niah)..wait and see how lor. becoz i am busy with giving away the invites now.
sad.gif

maybe u can share with me wat u have done? den i can see which one u haven't done yet?
happy.gif

diva79

Mrs Chew>> ok thanks for the tip! in that case i think i will bring some cutlery n plates/bowls to the hotel just in case? how come they do not provide all these? *scratches head*

belleteo

Hi gals, i'm back.
Regarding the cupcakes, it looks very pretty but not really nice as so sweet and the muffin inside is abit hard.

As for my surprise from hubby.... mmm.. he actually play a video after the speech and it is the whole process of a tatoo.
And at the end of it....the pic shows ... see below! I cied after seeing this. He say that is how he shows his commitment in our marriage...really so sweet.
Hey bride to be: I would strongly recommend Zul as banquet manager.

562019.jpg

jiahui

Hi Belle
Welcome back
Oh my, that really sweet of him. Hao Nan De.
This really shows that he treasure you and the marriage very much.
Sooo touching !
And the tattoo artist is really skillful.
The tattoo looks so real.

Btw, how's your trip and where you go for honeymoon, can share with us?

samanlyt

Hi Belle

WOW!!!! Tats amazing!
kao_happy.gif
Did your guests 'wow'?? Tats really veri daring of im! Salute him ah..dun think my hubby will do it for mi!

Hi divasan

Hows things? Ur PG still finding? Perhaps u can try this: http://www.euphoriaimage.com/
Asked tis PG for quotation last year. Was quoted

samanlyt

Hi divasan

Sorie I notice the website cant load. Maybe you can try emailing him at [email protected] Duno if he's still in this line. I've got others PG contacts from my previous scouting. Let me know if you need help.
happy.gif

vividz

wow belle, ur husband so gd. for me, i tink i would have any surprise from my hubby, he's those type who need pushing then he will do. so if i need anything to be done, i would need to keep on repeating to him i want then he will go &amp; do. he also not those romantic type so won't have any surprise from him.

belle, is ur photo ready?

diva79

VaNiLLa >> tks so much! yup still looking around. all of the photographers which were refered are usually booked..
sad.gif
but will try your contact! :D

cheekybee

Hi all the 'mrs' ladies...can someone advise me how much is gatecrashing angpow usually? hehe...finding out for my blur FH...thanks!

Wah belle...that was a really big surprise...so touching...heehee...

Me finally finished with my GDL today...so tired since morning hosting the guests...and having to clean the house after that...:p

samanlyt

Wau caitou..woke up so early ah?? :p

Hi Cheekybee,

The gatecrashing $$ is up to individual actually For eg. $88 or $188. Jus a token. For my gatecrashing, huby gave $338 to jie meis (to be divided among 5 of them). So each jie mei got $67 each. Cos mine is on a wkday &amp; they took leave to help me out, so we paiseh to give too little also la..at least mus cover their cab fares at least. Besides the gate crashing ang bao, i gave my jie mei another ang bao (from myself) of $58 each...if i remember correctly, to thank them for helping me out.

belleteo

Ya thats right gals. He really touch my heart. All guests was surprise too.
Oh my pic not ready yet lei. Once ready will share with you all.

neocaitou

Hi Vanilla,

Ya lor! I was up at 5.30am leh! Got to go MIL's place to help her pray pray. Then come my new place pray pray and ang1 chuan2. After that, sent all the GDL stuff to my dad's place. Shagged man!

Later still got to go NCQ to meet Jamie. Think my eyes look like panda now... -_-""

Here's some pics that I took today.... Just to share with you all.....

Jewellery from MIL (Chose it myself)
562769.jpg

Wedding Cakes Box
562770.jpg

Our New Bed
562771.jpg

Traditional Wedding Cakes
562772.jpg

cheekybee

Hi vanilla...so if my parents give them one angpow and when they go over inlaws place oso will get another angpow...gatecrashing angpow about $88 to $188 okie isit? So how is it like...dunno if they will bargain for more...so must ask hubby to prepare some extra $10 notes isit...hehehee..so blur...

hey caitou...at least your GDL finished early...my guests left at 2-3pm...i so tired...hee...your pendant look very familiar...isit from LH? =)

neocaitou

Hi Cheekybee! BINGO! The jewellery were from LH.
happy.gif

We never invite guests for GDL leh. Only those close aunties and uncles from both sides. Quite a simple event. But need to get my nephew to roll on my bed. Last minute thing. Will only do so this evening after we come back from meeting Jamie.

Btw, my auntie gave me a 916 gold bracelet. But I didn't take the photo. I opened the box in the car. My hubby laughed very loudly when he saw that it is yellow gold. -_- But I am ok lah. Now yellow gold not cheap leh! I told my hubby. When I am abt 40 plus, then I will wear lor. Hehehe

samanlyt

Hi caitou

Wow, i love ur bedsheets and the cakes bring back sweet memories! Cream cakes! Yummy!
happy.gif
Ay..916 gold very ex now, with the gold prices so high! Hehe. Lucky you! Hmmm..seems like ur whole day all lined up with many 'To-dos'.

Hi cheekybee,

Depends on how many jie meis u have. 5 or 6? I mean you oso wudnt wanna give something tat is too little ya? For jie meis, cos all all r my best pals, we make sure the gatecrashing ang bao can cover their midnight cab fare (they arrive at 5.00am), plus the things they bought for the tekan session etc. If u r veri close wif them, and if ur budget allows, then can give more. My family and in-laws gave them a token sum of $6 per pax in ang bao.

Hi Divan-san,

guess they have forgotten then, cos i actually need to call them to send those food into my room cos i wanted to distribute my cupcakes to my jiemeis n xiong dis.

No need to bring your own lah, when they send up, just check lor, if there is non, request them to send up again.

On the wedding day, you will be 'da bao xiao bao' liao with only your AD gowns, sleep in and check out wardrobe, make up removers etc.

Don't bother yourself too much on getting those thing you can get from the hotel.

cheekybee

Hi caitou...i oso met up with jamie yesterday to finalise the details...hee...did she give you anything to keep like the guestbook?? cos last time i heard some bride got the guestbook in advance but we would be getting on the actual day itself...isit the same for you??

Hi vanilla and other 'mrs'...can i find out also who i can ask to go up stage with me for the toasting? cos i am the oni child and if oni my parents go up like so few people leh...do i ask any close uncles or aunties or cousins to go up stage as well? =)

suika

Hi cheekybee,

You can ask ur relatives n buddies up....normally will get more guys to go up n start shouting la....for mine, oni family n relatives no ask friends.....friends will handles from the floor....HAHAHA

Hi Cheekybee,

As the stage is not that big too, so don't worry,

Ask those on the VIP tables can liao... can make up to 20 pax including you n the groom.

But still need to get some xiong dis up behind you guys so as to shount loud "yum seng" at the mic provided. In case, your guests not sporting enuff.

eemoo

Hello Gals!

me didn't come in here for a few days cos busy buying stuff...my GDL is this Sunday and my AD is just next Sunday. getting gan-chiong as each day goes by and getting nightmares already... me still trying to finalise the table arrangement, a real headache there.

Belle, saw your thread on the surprise..so sweet &amp; touching
kao_love.gif

Caitou - so how's preparation? confirmed all the suff with Jamie le? I liked your bedsheets &amp; the cakes look yummy!

eemoo

oh btw, i didn't manage to get the coasters as the wedding favor...
sad.gif
cos Jamie told me there're some problems with the order and the stock will not come in on time for my wedding
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
super sad...in the end, i chose the pair of hp straps.

eemoo

divasan - thanks for the help!
happy.gif
at the moment, i have chosen my 1st &amp; 2nd march in, intend to let NCQ provide the 1st dish song and i have 1 song on hand but don't know to use for cake cutting or champagne pouring.

i have ordered my corsages &amp; pens. bought the bears for the car deco, DIY-ed my angpow box.

as for guest list, most have RSVP-ed but now trying to figure the tbl arrangement. i think this is the part whereby i can truly see who are my friends. was pretty upset the other day when one of my pri sch frds SMS me to tell me that she has a class on Sun night, thus cannot attend my dinner. when i asked her how come she got class on a sunday, she replied and say "ya, cos mine is a night class"
uhoh.gif
i was like ?????

haven't change $$$ for the angbow, think will do that next week.

other than these, i really dunnoe what more to buy or get ready...

diva79

eemoo>>
1. your AD schedule ready yet?
2. briefed your photographer on what you wanted for your AD? ie. which tables for phototaking first?
3. your MC script ready yet?
4. for your champagne, i heard that its the first march in den you will pour. so the song will continue from the 1st march in or do you want them to change? For me to save the hassle i decided to continue from the march in
5. have you appointed your helpers who to do the reception, who to take care of the projector etc?

doric

eemoo, yr AD is exactly 1 week b4 me and our GDL is on the same day. I oso start to gan jeong liao, going to mit Jamie tis Sat. Besides confirming no. of tables and wedding favours, wat else we nid to discuss?

Btw, how much do we nid to pay for day room?

vividz

congrats to eemoo &amp; doric.

divasan, the champagne pouring during 1st match in is onli for eemoo or same for all cos usually ppl do it after the 2nd march in. 1st march in, usually cake cutting. now I start to think wat songs to use, hee hee.

diva79

iris_met >> orrh...den i will choose the 1st song to be a bit longer to last until the cake cutting after the 1st march and also the 2nd song to be long to last until the champagne pouring after the 2nd march in. becoz i think its a bit hassle to choose so many songs for each section and its a hassle to get the sound techician to keep track of what we are doing and changing the track too. :p

neocaitou

Hi all! Yeah... I also like the bedsheet very much the 1st time I saw it. It makes your room look very romantic especially with dim lights. Hehehe. I bought it at Hecom.

The cakes really brought back lotsa memories for many of my relatives and friends. It tasted very nice too.
happy.gif

Vanilla, I know gold prices very high now lor. So even if I dun wear, I will keep leh! Haha!

Hi Cheekybee, Jamie also didn't give me the guestbook. She mentioned that the Captain will give us during the briefing session on the AD. So which theme did you choose? I chose the mixed. VIP table cloth red and the other tables gold. For the favours, I chose chocolates. To line the guests' stomach before the banquet starts.

Hi Eemoo, no wonder Jamie didn't show me the coasters. I also never bothered to ask coz my hubby wants chocolates. Hehehehe.

samanlyt

Hi cheekybee

For the toasting get ur parents and in laws and of cos those xiong dis &amp; jie meis who can shout real loud and give a gd yum seng!
happy.gif

For the guestbook, the banquet manager will pass to u on the AD itself, u if you need it early, i think can request frm Jamie.

cheekybee

Thanks ladies for the info...=)

Hehe caitou...i oso chose the same theme and table cloth as you!! But favour jamie say coaster not confirmed...so i had a 2nd choice in case that does not come on time lor....

Hey belle...viewed the video...it was quite funnie actually...wah...now if your lao gong wear sleeveless clothes or go swimming..everybody can see your face liao..=) too bad my FH not the type to give me surprises...hee...