Noble House

gwen

Hi flowee and wenn,

Thanks for your consolation! Guess things will be better after the invitation stuff is done. =P

flowee, what makes you so sure that my wedding pics will turn out nice? =P Hee hee
Anyway, will let you judge then. But, you must give me your honest opinion, ok? ;>

Hi bonbon,

Wenn is right. To push it further, maybe can try to negotiate for free flow for beer? Know they have this promotion some time back. I did a walk-in to book the place. At that time also blur blur, so I didn't negotiate for anything! Now i've got to top up $100++ more to top up to have 1 barrel of beer (I exchanged my wine option for beer, btw. But its still not enough to exchange for 1 barrel of beer so I gotta top up $$)

flowee

bon

i booked mine durin a bridal show...
oredi hv 'perks' aint able 2 get anythin extra...
btw when is ur intended date 4 ur weddin???

gwen

u r 2 modest lah...
all brides r pretti...
happy.gif

dun get 2 stress up ok...
enjoy ur cny!!!

bonbon

hi wenn, gwen, flowee

Thanks for the tips. Will definitely try to negotiate for the free-flow of beer bacause my dad's freinds are a-mazing drinkers. I think after my wedding, NH will make all their coordinators swear never to to give in to such a request again!
wink.gif

Our intended date is Nov 03. People tell me I'm taking it too easy if I've not confirmed my venue by now... really meh?

Did anyone give up the karaoke thingy? I don't seem to have much use for it...

gwen

don't be stressed! my bro appointed me as the wedding coordinator for the actual day, so he really enjoyed the banquet and all while I didn't even get past the shark's fin
happy.gif

But I'm really glad he didn't have to worry about a single thing that day.

wenn

hi gals...

we went down NH to change my date this afternoon.. lunch time full house ah!

changed mine to 14 nov cos there are some clashes.. BTW, Joyce resigned liao.. We had to place another deposit of 1040. initially we wanted 14 nov but was taken.. today found out that it was available again as the couple pushed back theirs... so heng lah! we managed to get the date we wanted intially
happy.gif

C

chopstick

Hi,

is there any changing room for the bride to change her WG to EG in Noble house & Spice Garden???

wenn

Hi Chopstick,

yes, there is a changing room at NH. u can go down & take a look. They will show it to u
happy.gif

I find the room can hold more than 4 persons.. there's a huge mirror & sofa inside.

C

chopstick

HI Wenn,

thanks..heard that there is another branches of Noble at Orchard Plaza,which can accomodate more ppl...Do both branches at Chijmes & Orchard have changing room? thanks
happy.gif

wenn

Hi Chopstick,

I din know NH got another branch. The others are tung lok restaurants.... There is Club Chinois at Orchard Parade Hotel... can use the restaurant or ballroom for more tables...

U are toking about Lei Garden in Chijmes & Orchard issit??

G

g.g.

Hi Wenn
congrats on getting the 14 Nov you wanted at so late a date! we went to book NH in Oct last year and we wanted either 8 nov or 15 nov but they were all fully booked on those dates. so we booked 16 nov 2003, just 2 days after yours!

wenn

Hey GG,
So ur wedding banquet will be on sunday
happy.gif

Well we wanted 14 nov but it was booked. Then 2 months later we had to change the 26 sep date which we booked. Heng heng the couple postponed their 14 nov booking. So every1 was saying that the date was meant to be ours in the 1st place
biggrin.gif

U booked ur bridal yet? & which one?
happy.gif

gwen

Hi wenn and pinkie,

Ya, my wedding was just over. Everything's fine. Veronica coodinated the dinner pretty well. She even advised us on when to stop the beer.

As for the songs for walk-in, pls take note that NH will play the whole song!! I chose a pretty long song for the walk-in and I thought they'll quieten the song after the cake cutting. But it was not the case. So, something that you gals may like to take note. Its lucky that the whole song was decent enuff to be played in full blast. Whew!

They'll do up the backdrop for ya (but no guarantees how it'll look then!) And the cake is pink. => Not supa ugly, still can do.

As for the dishes, everyone complimented that the food's great. I must say that some dishes are even slightly better than the food tasting. Coz during my food tasting, there're some dishes that're not up to mark. It's good that they take note of our comments.

wenn

hi Gwen.
Thanks for the feedback! Will take note of ur comments
happy.gif

BTW, how long was ur 1st march-in song?

And did u have the 1st dish presentation? I was thinking of doing away with it :p

gwen

Hi wenn,

Think my 1st march-in song is approx 4 min.

Yes, there's a first dish presentation. Think they're rather trained in doing it. How about using a more toned-down song instead? Then it'll look more muted yet there is a start for serving the dishes.

wenn

hi gwen,

thanks for the suggestion. i think i'll discuss this with veron when i do meet up with her
happy.gif

most of my songs are around 3+ mins...

pinkie

hi, gwen

did u engage florist to do up extra deco for you? if so, who did u engage and how much did u spend? i'm thinking of getting florist to do up the place since they don't provide floral deco..

concerned

My hubby & I went Noble House for dinner last nite, not knowing that there's a wedding going on. It was embarassing that we were approached right away the moment we stepped out of the lift as the ashers thought that we were wedding guests.

All diners sit in the private room section.. in the midst of the wedding, some people even "kapoh" and went out to stand by the side to see the bride & groom marching in.

Just a thought, if you are holdhing a wedding there. Make sure to tell the restaurant that the doors of the private rooms should be close at all times.

But it will be difficult to deter other "kayoh" diners not to wander around the wedding tables.

Just a thought.

gwen

Hi Pinkie,

No, i did not engage a florist to do up extra decor. They decorated the red tables and the champagne glasses though. Remembered that one of these have rose petals scattered on the table. Quite nice also.

pinkie

who's the printer for invitation cards for noble house? and do we have to pay for the printing of the cards?

mandy

Hi Hi,

Need desperate feedback. Anyone recently went to Noble house for wedding dinner?
I went recently and the food is v v horrible!!!

wenn

Hi mandy,
Could u elaborate more on wat u meant by "the food is v v horrible!!!" ??

Any dishes that din taste good to u?

flowee

mandy

which dish is horrible???
perhaps u can share with the NH btb...
appreciate ur advise...

pink

hows the food durin the weddin dinner???
yah there's a grand piano there...
thot of askin my sis 2 play b4 my dinner...
then again hv 2 check with NH n my sis 1st lor...
:p

pinkapple

Hey flowee,

the dinner I'll be attending is next weekN.

My friend told me, the piano can be used for free!

yah yah, ask ya sis if she wanta play.. nice leh...

doreamon

Hi Mandy,

The food in noble house is very good. My sis had her wedding dinner in January this year and all guests commented the food is delicious. Maybe u can elaborate more on why u find the food is very horrible?

pinkie

Dear all

due to change of plans, we may not want a dinner banquet after all and would like to transfer our Noble house banquet dinner. We had signed up the package some time ago and it was a better offer than what you can get at Noble house now. Details as follows:

Date: 27 dec 2003 (Date might be able to change, but must do it by july this yr)
Cost per table: 3 package to choose from. $488NETT, $538NETT or $638NETT. We have got additional disc of 15% per table

NH no longer give nett price package for customer now, so with the nett price and 15% disc, this is a relatively attractive package.

Other freebies are:
1) 1 bottle of red wine for every 5 tables
2) champagne for champagne pouring
3) wedding invitationb card including printing
4) chocolate for every guest as wedding favour
5) free usage of projector, grand piano
6) parking for guests

cant really rem the rest, but that's abt all that's impt..

Interested parties, please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks!

pinkapple

some feedback on the food:

Went to NH for a wedding dinner oen or 2 weeks back.

the food's ok. I love the dim sum. other dishes... so so lah.

the place is nice! but think will look better with flowers.
there's Noble House's initials printed/ embrodied (can't remember) on the napkins. think will look fantastic if u do up the napkins.
overall find the place quite classy. think the formal dress code does help a little.
only think is that the 2 brunches of balloons they tie to the backdrop - so extra!!! spoilt the whole picture. but they so high up, don't think u can catch them on the film.

the sound system's not so good, according to my sister. The pianist can't be heard for the 1st 1/2 of the dinner. think they didn't on the mic for the piano!! *faint*
later part in the dinner, the mic's finally working and the piano's beautiful. all the gust were amazed by the young pianist.

erm.. one think I'd like to command them. The waitiers didn't seem impatient for u to leave at the end of the dinner. we were just hanging ard and nobody showed us "black face".
but still.. I'd rate their service as poor.

overall rating: pleasant.

that's all

mandy

Hi all,

Real sorry for replying so late as was busy with my ROM.
happy.gif

Ok... the dishes from the sharks fin onwards was horrible! I believe the couple had ordered the cheapest menu. but really very concerned lor....
really taste quite bad.... the couple even top up 10/table for extra ingredients in the sharksfin.
but really quite disappointing lor.. now my FH's parents want us to cancel and also feedback from his relatives are all lousy!!
sad.gif
very sad.
Even the bride herself was also very mad... Maybe i have to talk to veronica about this...

concerned

Hi Mandy,

I'm actually very surprised by your comments.

This is actually the first time I heard someone commenting the food was awful When I had my wedding there (I paid about $512 per table as I replaced with the prawn balls with fresh prawn and made some other alterations), I received very good comments on the food. My colleagues also started going there for meals.

Perhaps, you could provide your feedback to the person-in-charge.

flowee

pink

when were u @ NH???
i was @ NH on 2 sundazs back goin thru their cards...
its on 22th june...
the weddin deco i saw durin my visit was like 4 flower stand n 2 balloons stands...
nt sure if we r referin 2 the same couple???

mandy

I went there for the dinner on 7th June.
Very true lor.... I never went NB for wedding banquet before i book with them. Only been there for normal meals and the food was wonderful!

I asked around and surf web noticed that food reviews were very good.

but that day food really quite disappointing lor... really don't understand why leh...

flowee

mandy

when is ur weddin???
i will b headin 4 my food tastin next wk...
will feedback after my food tastin k...

pink

ic ic... :p

M

me

hi,

I just went to a wedding dinner at NH last week.
The food is not bad.

they played techno music and not the usual Kitaro music during the first dish.

one thing thou, got to remind the waitress a number of times before they refill the drink... maybe it's going to be the end of the dinner already (think left 3 or 4 dishes) but then.. we still nit to drink mah!!

just some personal comments abt the food:

Sauteed Sliced Cuttlefish & Chicken with Mixed Vegetables in Spicy sauce is simply delicious!!

Mayb you can consider changing the
Deep Fried Crispy Prawns coasted with Sesame and Salad sauce
to another dish, personally don't think it's fantastic.

Braised Shark's Fin Broth with Crab Meat and Bamboo Fungus : think there are more crab meat than shark fin!!

Braised Selected Vegetables with Mushrooms
normal

Steamed 'Seabass' with Black Bean sauce
not bad, does not taste like fresh water fish, which I don't like personnally.

Roast Chicken A-la 'Noble House' style
Normal

happy.gif

mandy

hi Pink,

My wedding next year sept lah....
happy.gif

understand from my cousin that the food tasting is wonderful... but actual day disappointing lor.
I have called up noble house on monday and spoken to eric about the food on my cousin wedding and they have taken notes of it for my day... hope everything will be good lor..

actually overall i still quite the ambience in that place lah... (Esp the red table setting)

fencnef

hey everybody...

i've booked my banquet with noble hse leow..anybody can advise what pointers to take note?
happy.gif
thks in advance..

wenn

Ok, my verdict.... we chose the mid-range menu...

everything tastes good... except that the roast chicken was too salty...
happy.gif

M

mandy1

ai.. wenn..

your food tasting is on Sunday ah... they allow food tasting on sunday ah? becos the brochure states food tasting on weekdays only... can neg meh?
is there anything that you neg with them?
e.g beer, red wine?
Did u change anything in the menu ?

wenn

hi mandy,
it's lunar 7th month now, so no weddings
happy.gif

besides us, there are another 2 couples having food tasting too!

din do much negotiations, just fact finding cos we have done most of the negotiations prior to signing the contract.. only chose my invites & changed my long-feng xi-bing into choc wedding favours
happy.gif

nope, we din change anything in the menu, just feedback to Veron on the dishes... quite happy with watever that was served.... lots of sharksfin & scallops in the sharks fin soup... the marble gorby was very fresh....

as wat my dad said, my guests are the ones eating,,, not me,,, so dun have to worry too much
lame.gif