Noble House

wenn

hi hi ckgirl,
unfortunately, they dun give the menu for veggie & muslim meals. i saw the muslim meals (even brought back some cos 1 of my guest din turn up) got satay, briyani rice, some rendang etc
happy.gif

ckgirlgirl

wah .. the muslim food menu does sound veru delicious.

i am abit curious how come you not know what's on the vegetarian menu?

wenn

erm, all my indian vegetarian guests turned up. so din ta-bao back lor
biggrin.gif
also, my relatives ain't vegetarians so my parents ain't particular in what NH serve lor. my muslim guests din turn up bcos my AD was during puasah period.....

anyway, on my table toasting round, i did see some delicious looking veggies on their plates.

why dun u ask veron if can have food tasting for vegetarian meals.... since they do the cooking...

pageup

hi ckgirlgirl

Their sound system is pretty good to me, though I'm not an expert in this area to give good judgement.

Noble house has their own music but we use our own songs.
Their first dish presentation song was a fast beat new age music.. I felt my heart still beating very fast after the whole song.. think that wasn't very good for digestion, so decided to choose my own.
happy.gif

mahjong

Hey all,

I have a copy of the Malay Meny and it is not too bad. More or less offers more Malayish food like Rendang and Sayur Lodeh.

I went for their buffet and it was really nice. Worth every cent that we paid for the buffet although it is ard 30+ per person after all those tax and service inclusions.

So what dates are you all choosing for next year if decided to put at NH?

Cheers,
Matthew

mahjong

Hi Ck,

I am looking at a weekend. Still deciding on a date. Gave 3 dates to parents so will decide real soon la.

How abt u?

wenn

hi,
my colleague just told me that 8th jan 05 is taken... his sis is looking for other banquet venues now....

mahjong

Hey there ckgirlirl,

Many dates are taken up oredi for Jan. Still contempating there but will make a decision real soon.

U know when tung lok will be having another fair?

Cheers,
Matthew

ckgirlgirl

hi matthew

i read from the latest Style Wedding mag, tung lok is having promo for Imperium (Weekday Promotional Package) and Area Country club. However, both for available for selected dates for Mar to Sep 04.

If you are interested to find out more, maybe you can call the Tung Lok Banquet telephone 6337 2055 or you can email to [email protected].

However, i notice that popular dates are often being taken up even before the fair. So if one do not have a particular wedding date in mind, this may be advantage to them.

happy.gif

fates

Hi Matthew,

Good to see you here
happy.gif

What's the pricing like for Noble House? The last Tunglok fair is on the 22nd Feb, not sure if they will have one soon?

fates

Thanks ckgirlgirl!

I know after +++, it'll be around 500+ per table right? Hmmm is it worth paying or better to hold our wedding in a hotel?

mahjong

Hey fates,

Noble house only got 2+ so only additional 6% lor. I have eaten te buffet over there and it is quite nice in fact. You should go down and take a look. When do u intend to put your AD?

Cheers,
Matthew

ckgirlgirl

hi fates

Actually it is up to your preference, like for example, whether what kind of amibence you are looking at, etc

Just to share with you, why we chose Noble House is that :-

(1) the moment your guest steps out of the lift, will be your wedding reception.

(2) the place host for 1 wedding

(3) as our tables is less than 30, the view are not blocked by the pillars.

(4) Ambience is nice and simple.

(5) Food tasty
happy.gif

(6) place is quite central.

And like what Matthew say, Noble House charges only GST ++ unlike hotels.

Maybe you should go down and take a look. anyway, no obligations.

wenn

Hiya,
happy.gif

Below is my rough calculation b4 dinner. I kept track of budget in a spreadsheet lor.

Dinner @ $566 per table $15,848.00
Muslim (4 person @$59) $236.00
Vegetarian (3 person @$59) $177.00
Wine corkage (3 cartons) $208.80
Wine (3 cartons @ $16.95) $610.20
Extra 20L barrel of beer ($380)
Stout per can ($8)
Food tasting (50% of 1 table) $283.00

fates

Hi Matthew,
My AD tentatively is on the 12th March '05
happy.gif

Hi ckgirlgirl,
OIC! So is the wedding reception area big? We have around 30, so will there be any blockage?

Both of you are right
happy.gif
Thanks....I'll have a look at the place before decide on a suitable venue
happy.gif
So who is the coordinator/manager you'll recommend?

Hi wenn ~ this calculation is based on Noble House pricing? They don't give you free food tasting?

wenn

hi fates,
Manager is Veronica.

the calculation is based on last year's pricing. i believed that for this year, there's a $10 increase.

there is no free food tasting for all TL restaurants if i remember correctly. Anyway, some hotels only provide FOC food testing for 6 dishes. but this food tasting is for 10 persons. so what we did is booked the karaoke room for FT & invite my dad's frens to join in. being frequent restaurant customers, they helped us to access the food
happy.gif

ckgirlgirl

hi fates

i don't think there is any blockage for tables of around 30. anyway, if you are going down to take a look, might as well check it out with Veronica.

it is advisable to fix an appointment time before going down.

by the way, they provide food tasting for the full course of the menu that you have chosen.
happy.gif
At some places, they do not provide full course tasting.

gentasg

Hi ladies,
can i check with you why u choose Noble house and not the other tunglok restaurants?
What are the areas to look into when choosing a restaurant?
Thanks
happy.gif

fencnef

hi there...

i like the ambience and the high ceiling...and oso fits our budget vely well...
happy.gif
nt forgetting the food too...

ckgirlgirl

hi gentasg

actually, it depends what you and your partner looks into when choosing a restuarant. most importantly is whether you both like the place when you first see it.

maybe you might consider the following:
- location of the venue
- accessibility
- budget
- whether is there any blockage by pillars
- long or short walk-in aisle (depending on your preference)
- food
- size of the changing room in the restuarant (whether it is very squeezing or spacious)
- does the guest need to walk a long way before reaching the restuarant? i.e does the carpark lift leads straight up to the restuarant?
- does it have a reception for your guest?
- whether the restuarant also accommodate other wedding dinner on the same day as yours?
- how many waitress / waiters per table?
- what is the latest time that the restuarant will ends the dinner time?
- etc
happy.gif

ckgirlgirl

hi

for those who had already held their dinner at Noble House, can i ask whether there is a rehearsal before the actual day like when to come in for the march in, what to do when on stage, etc?

happy.gif

gentasg

Hi nuf_iuhc and ckgirlgril,
Thanks for being so helpful...
I have better idea in choosing rest ;)
thanks so much ....

wenn

hi ckgirl,
nope, i din have rehearsal. we just did an impromptu match down the aisle 2 weeks b4 banquet when we went down to change some items.

rachel15

Hi newbride, if i am not wrong thay have a tunglok fair coming up recently, for the details you may have to refer to the latest Her world Brides magazine

janey

hi all...

i am thinking of booking NH for banquet. does anyone have pictures of wedding deco to share with me? please??

i may be having a lunch banquet there most prob. coz dinner alr booked. anyone had lunch banquet there before?

tansuhui

Hi Janey, I already booked with NH and I jus attendend my fren's wedding in Sept 04. There are no pillars blocking in between and it is squarish hall. However the place is a little cramp for all 32 tables. The deco is pretty and simple with red roses. I am not sure if we can choose wat flowers/ colors for deco. I can check with my fren whenshe comes back from her honeymoon.

scobido

hi hui and all

is noble hse v cheena? i saw e tunglok website and it seems that it is pretty big but cheena? or is it grand?

nvr been there for meals but is their private room v small?

roo

Hi NH folks,
I'm considering NH for banquet.
Do they provide a changing room for the couple?
Do they allow rehearsals before the AD?
Thanks!

slow

Yep, they provide a changing room but I don't think they allow for rehearsals before the AD since they are a dim sum kind of restaurants on day time.

Frankly, the place does not look good although the food is very high standard. The place is a little cramped and some tables have to be in the room which does not have a view of the main stage. The main stage is pathetic in size so there is hardly any aisle for march in lor.

Not very nice for grand weddings I think but good for intimate weddings. Food is great though...

roo

Thanks Sharon
The gap between the good restaurants and the lower-end hotels are closing. Not sure which to settle for. By the way, does NH throw in any 1/2nights hotel deal for the couple? If so, which hotel do they usually tie up with?

pageup

Hi roo,

We had our wedding dinner at Noble Hse earlier this year.
We had a total of 38 tables, so we got no choice but to open up those private function rooms at one side of the main hall. The resturant was cramp and noisy that day. We certainly did not have a grand wedding banquet like those held at hotels ballroom, nevertheless, we had a good time and our guests enjoyed the food.

They do not tie up with any hotels.

Moo, noble house has old shophouse deco. I'm not sure if that is consider cheena. Anyway, the theme for our wedding is also a cheena one, so we aren't really concern about that
biggrin.gif

scobido

hi pageup

not considering noble hse now. tnx 4 replying
happy.gif

gd that u all had enjoyed your wedding!

u must be a happy mrs now
happy.gif

meagan

hi all, I had my food tasting last week. To my surprise, the decor of the place has changed as they have just finished renovation. The carpet is changed (no more cheena red strip down the middle) and they have chosen a light brown colour for the seat covers and table clothes. The place looks so much nicer and quite like a ballroom. So do go down and take a look if you guys are considering the place.

The minus points are: you have to book your own hotel room and guests have to pay $2 for parking cos the restaurant doesn't provide free parking coupons. But they are also providing free rental of the video equipment, free printing of inserts, waiver of corkage charges, so you gals can weigh the pros and cons.

popie

hi everyone.
i am also thinking of nobel house as one of my choices. any photos n recommendations to share? thanks.

egamibao

HI! Brides who held your dinners in NH, care to share your/relatives/friends comments about the food? I'm in a dilemma to choose either from Club Chinois or NH.

CC is held in a ballrm hence better ambience? though more expensive, the packages offer better perks. However I've read some poor comments abt the food...some say gd, some say it sux..so not sure what to do...

NH had alot of gd comments but the ambience is not as nice and dun prov alot of perks such as seat covers and parking coupons etc...

any advice..?
happy.gif

itsun

Hi Ah Ger,

I had my dinner at NH in Jan 2003. Not sure if there is much changes now. Back there, NH provides 1 of the best food and the portion is rather big. I was very glad that all of my guests gave me good comment after that. My sis's dinner was at CC, good ambience but the food so-so. The other good point about NH is that they are rather flexible about their menu, we changed 6 out of 9 dishes in the menu. If you are thinking about having around 28 tables, NH is still quite alright.

egamibao

Hi Andrew,
Thank you so much for your feedback. My hubby and I dropped by NH last week. Other than abit of inconvenience abt the location of the restaurant, we are very satisfied with the place. I particularly liked the simple and elegant beidge deco of the place. Simple yet inviting.
happy.gif

jellybean07

Hi ladies,

decided to drop a note here. for those who are still thinking where to book, better check availability of the date first, cos there is only one venue... i wanted to take noble house too, but when i called up last mth, the date i want is alreday taken up...and it is 11 march 2006... sigh...

vallee

hi all

just to check. 35 tables would be too cramp for the main hall right? Private rooms at the corner would have to be "opened up" for use? Would there be pillars blocking?

popie

hey val,

u should go chk out the venue urself. the ppl there are very nice n freindly. the 35 tables for main hall can fit. but quite cramp. if they open up the private rooms, there will b some pillars blocking the view. but the pillars are not very big. so prob 1-2 persons per table in that area would miss the stage. that's abt all.

we are intending to hv our banquet there too. but hv yet to book. when is ur AD?

pageup

Hi Val,

We have total of 38 tables for our wedding dinner. Only 32 tables can fit into the main hall, so we have one side of the the private rooms "opened up" and have our muslim and vegetarian guests seated there. Though there are some pillars, our guests still managed to see the stage.
Anyway, I don't think it matter too much because the guests will spend more time eating than looking at the stage
biggrin.gif

ariesta

Has anyone had their wedding at NH recently??
Thinking of having the wedding banquet there but need to know if their food standard is okay for wedding dinners?