Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

devilin_22

Hi Master Tong

May I know what is the best timing for GDL on 1st Nov and An Chuang on 11 Nov?

My HTB = born in year of dog 1982
Myself = born in year of Rat 1984

Hubby Parents: both born in year of dog 1958

My parents:
Dad = born in year of snake 1953
Mom = born in year of dog 1958

Thank you very much.

megen2015

Hi megen2015

Yes the dates cannot clash to both of you and both side parents.

29th Oct clash Monkey, hence cannot be used

12th Dec is ok for An Chuang

Hope this helps

Dear Master Tong,

Thank you for your reply. Since 29 Oct is not suitable for GDL, could you kindly suggest a date in the month of Sept, Oct or Nov that is suitable (I do not mind even if it is a weekday)? My wedding is on 19 Dec 2015.

Groom: Rooster (1981)
Bride: Rat (1984)

Groom’s father: Snake (1953)
Groom’s mother: Sheep (1955)

Bride’s father: Rooster (1957)
Bride’s mother: Monkey (1956)

Thank you very much!

alien36706

Dear Master Tong,

Is it true that 2 brothers from the same family cannot get married within the same year?

I'm planning my ROM + customary in the later half of 2016.
However I have just received news that my soon to be hubby's brother will also hold his customary somewhere in Mar-Apr 2016 (English not lunar). BTW he has already ROM in 2015. Only the customary portion is in 2016.

Now we are very concerned as we do not want to clash unnecessarily.
If there is such kind of a custom then should we take into account his ROM date or his customary date?

We have not decided on a date and would be interested to engage someone to pick one for us.
Is not going to hold an elaborate event hence only an auspicious rom+customary date/time will do.

Also, it is true that it is not advisable to hold wedding dates during holidays?
Both our parents have their wedding anniversary on Christmas hence we are thinking of setting ours on the same date too.

Any advice that you can give would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Jyuuu

Dear Master Tong,

My wedding day is in October 2016. May i check with you when is the earliest that i can check the necessary auspicious timings?
E.g. Guo da li auspicious date/time, fetch the bride auspicious time, auspicious time to reach groom place, etc

Thank you!

C&S

Hi Master Tong,

You mentioned the other time that auspicious time to fetch the bride is 9am -11am.. Does it mean the groom has to arrive no earlier than 9am or later than 11am. Or does it mean that after the gate clash and everything, the groom has to pick the bride and leave within this timing.. thanks:) as we are planning for groom to arrive ard 8.30am and leavw house ard 9.30am...

Thank you in advance:)

cmg_consulting

Hi alien36706

Is it true that 2 brothers from the same family cannot get married within the same year?

I'm planning my ROM + customary in the later half of 2016.
However I have just received news that my soon to be hubby's brother will also hold his customary somewhere in Mar-Apr 2016 (English not lunar). BTW he has already ROM in 2015. Only the customary portion is in 2016.
Now we are very concerned as we do not want to clash unnecessarily.
If there is such kind of a custom then should we take into account his ROM date or his customary date?

>>>Yes that is true. if really no choice, it must be at least 100 days apart else it will bring bad luck to both parties
We have not decided on a date and would be interested to engage someone to pick one for us.
Is not going to hold an elaborate event hence only an auspicious rom+customary date/time will do.
Also, it is true that it is not advisable to hold wedding dates during holidays?
Both our parents have their wedding anniversary on Christmas hence we are thinking of setting ours on the same date too.

Holidays are fine there is no such thing

cmg_consulting

Hi C&S

It means gatecrash b4 9am. At 9am he will step into your house, fetch you back his home and compete tea ceremony to his parents by 10.59am. After that, going new home or bride parents home no timing is required

maplescent

Hi Master Tong,

We're looking to get married (AD) in 2017 around march. Will it be ok or will there be clash base on the below?

Bride: 1987 (rabbit)
Groom: 1985 (Ox)

Groom Dad: 1949 (ox)
Groom Mum: 1951 (Rabbiy)

Bride Dad: 1955 (Sheep)
Bride Mum: 1957 (Rooster)

Appreciate your advice! Thanks!

Petallz

Hi Master Tong,

My partner and I are looking to get married in 2016. I am not sure what details you might need

Groom: 26 July 1985, Cantonese
Groom Parents: Dragon + Rat
Bride: 22 September 1988, Teochew
Bride Parents: Monkey (Teochew) + Ox (Hokkien)

1. Does my zodiac and my partner's zodiac clash? What are we do about it?

2. My partner and I currently has no house, hence we will be staying with my parents after the wedding. We would most likely use my current bed, which is less than 2 years old. How do we perform An Chuan?

3. As I am a Teochew, I understand that Teochew brides must be married off early in the day. How early must we get marry?

4. As my partner and I live 30 mins (driving) away from each other, we may have some pressure on time. Is it possible to serve tea to the bride's parents before the groom's parents?

Thanks a lot!

jerloves

Dear Master Tong,

Can you advise the auspicious dates for ROM in March 2016 and June 2016?

Bride: Horse
Groom: Rabbit

Parents: Rooster, Goat, Rabbit, Ox

Silentots

Hi Master Tong,

Groom: Rat
Groom's father: Rabbit
Groom's mother: Dragon

Bride: Ox
Bride's father: Pig
Bride's mother: Rat

We are looking at 18 Feb 2017, want to know if this date is ok. If not, what sates will ypu recommend for

Thanks!

Rachel goh

Hi Master Tong,

Is 24 November 2015 a good day for ROM?
Also, is 26 March 2016 an auspicious day for holding banquet?

Groom: 20 March 1986
Bride: 18 Dec 1988

Thank you.

cmg_consulting

Hi Petallz

See replies below:

My partner and I are looking to get married in 2016. I am not sure what details you might need

For this you have to do a Bazi Destiny Analysis to find out if the marriage got problem. Not via animal sign. For wedding dates, if you looking at general dates only, have to wait for 2016 tong shu to come out. I don't have it now yet. the only way is using bazi to calculate

2. My partner and I currently has no house, hence we will be staying with my parents after the wedding. We would most likely use my current bed, which is less than 2 years old. How do we perform An Chuan?

you still have to do it at parent's house. by right bed must be new.

3. As I am a Teochew, I understand that Teochew brides must be married off early in the day. How early must we get marry?

5am or 7am , depending on the date selected

4. As my partner and I live 30 mins (driving) away from each other, we may have some pressure on time. Is it possible to serve tea to the bride's parents before the groom's parents?

No. always groom side first in Chinese custom. Everyone can make it, even if you stay in Jurong and Tampines, so I don't see why it cannot be done

jerloves

Hi jerloves

I don't have the 2016 tong shu yet. Probably in 1 or 2 wks time.

Hi Master Tong, ok will ask you again in two weeks.

Just fyi, we are actually looking at a few dates: 12 Mar 2016, 18 June or 25 June 2016.

Also is there a timing that we need to follow for:
1. Gatecrashing (time that groom has to arrive)
2. Married off from my house
3. Reaching the groom's place?

Rachel goh

Hi Master Tong,

I posted earlier regarding whether 24 Nov 2015 is a good date for ROM

My zodiac (bride): 18 dec 1988 dragon
Groom: 3 March 1986 tiger
Bride mom: dragon
Bride dad: ox
Groom mum: pig
Groom dad: monkey

devilin_22

Hi Master Tong

I like to check if there is any good dates & time in Oct 2015 for Guo Da Li.

Groom: 1982 (Dog)
Bride: 1984 (Rat)

Groom dad: 1958 (Dog)
Groom mom: 1958 (Dog)

Bride dad: 1953 (Snake)
Bride mom: 1958 (Dog)

Please advise. Thank you very much :)

Hi Master Tong,
Would like to know any dates in Jan 2016 and March 2016 good for ROM cum Tea Ceremony?

Groom : 1981 ( Rooster)
Bride : 1981 (Rooster)

Groom's father : 1945 (Rooster)
Groom's mother : 1954 (Horse)

Bride's father : 1945 ( Rooster)
Bride's mother: 1946 (Dog)

Thanks in advance!

LilElfy

Hi Master Tong,

Would like to seek your advice if 09 Jan 2016 &/ 10 Jan 2016 is good for fetching of bride & Tea Ceremony (Morning) and solemnization (5pm to 7pm, dinner)?

Groom : 1982 (Dog)
Bride : 1984 (Rat)

Groom's father : 1954 (Horse)
Groom's mother : 1956 (Monkey)

Bride's father : 1956 (Monkey)
Bride's mother: 1956 (Monkey)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi Master Tong,
Would like to know any dates in Jan 2016 and March 2016 good for ROM cum Tea Ceremony? Was looking at 12th of March, is this a good day for us? Thanks

Groom : 1981 ( Rooster)
Bride : 1981 (Rooster)

Groom's father : 1945 (Rooster)
Groom's mother : 1954 (Horse)

Bride's father : 1945 ( Rooster)
Bride's mother: 1946 (Dog)

Thanks in advance!

Mid0r1

Hi Master Tong,

Just a quick question.

If our house is not ready yet and we don't intend to buy new mattress till we move into our own place, should we even consider doing the an Chuan?

Is it possible to do a temporary one?
What are the steps?

Thank you.

YY7611

Hi Master Tong,

i would like to check if any good date for ROM/customary/guo da li/ fetching the bride in 2016 & 2017?
Bride: Rat (1984)
Groom: Rooster (1981)

Bride's Father : Horse (1942)
Bride's Mom: Rat(1948)

Groom's mom: Tiger(1950)

Thanks

ahgongbeast

Hi Master Tong,

Good day to you.

Me and my finance would like hold our solemnization,together with a wedding lunch in 2016.

I would like to check with u if there is any good weekend dates for that, preferably from April onward.

Groom: Rat (1984)
Bride: Rabbit (1987)

Groom's mom: passed away
Groom's dad: Dragon

Bride's Father : Dog
Bride's Mom: Cow

Thank you very much for your time.

Adabelle

Hi Master Tong,

I have book my solemenization ceremony (not actual wedding) on 26th dec 2015,Saturday at 1130am. May I know is the date ok?
Me myself is Year of Rabbit 1987
Groom is year of Pig 1983
Groom Mother is Year of goat 1955
Groom father is year of dragon 1952
Bride Mother is year of dragon 1964
Bride Father is year of Rooster 1957

Is that ok? Should I need to change my name and what is the impact if the date is not good.

Waiting for your prompt response.
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Adabelle

Petallz

Hi Petallz

See replies below:

For this you have to do a Bazi Destiny Analysis to find out if the marriage got problem. Not via animal sign. For wedding dates, if you looking at general dates only, have to wait for 2016 tong shu to come out. I don't have it now yet. the only way is using bazi to calculate

you still have to do it at parent's house. by right bed must be new.

5am or 7am , depending on the date selected

No. always groom side first in Chinese custom. Everyone can make it, even if you stay in Jurong and Tampines, so I don't see why it cannot be done

Hi Master Tong,

Thank you so much for your reply.

1. Sorry for this silly question. Can I know what if we never An Chuan or postpone after the wedding when we have a house? What will happen?

2. My best friend is also getting married next year. Is it right that we have to keep our weddings 100 days apart?

3. "The 100 days apart", is it applicable to ROM or gatecrash or church or wedding banquet? (Sorry to ask this question in such a weird way. This is because that I may be having different events on different days to pace it out and we only want a Sunday banquet and most Church weddings are usually offered on Saturdays only. So, we may want to have it on 2-3 different days.)

4. As I may be having different events on different days, how many wedding dates do I need? Which one is counted under the Chinese customs?

Thank you.

cmg_consulting

Hi YY7611

you need to repost and state which month and weekends or weekdays in 2016. 2017 the tong shu will only be out next yr sept, right now the only way to do it is using Bazi only.