Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

suyan

Hi Master Tong,

Do we need an auspicious date for 安床?my house is under renovation and will be ready before lunar 7th month hopefully. I am looking for an auspicious date to move in bed as i heard from old ppl need auspicious date to move in bed, but for other furniture not so particular of.
Is 25th July ( lunar 六月十九) a good date for 安床? i am thinking to move in furniture at the same time.
or any recommend dates as i know lunar 7th month not good for moving in anything.

Bride: 1985 ox
Groom: 1983 Ox

thanks uu

Qins

HI Qins

None of the dates above are good for wedding

Hi Master Tong,

Thanks for the reply. Could you help advise me some general good dates that I can select for in Nov 2014, Dec 2014 & Jan 2015 for my wedding. I have provided our zodiac details as below again for your reference. Thanks.

Groom: 1982 (Dog)
Groom's mum: 1955 (Goat)
Groom's dad: 1956 (Monkey)

Bride: 1979 (Goat)
Bride's mum: 1954 (Horse)
Bride's dad: 1952 (Dragon)

M L Tan

Dear Master Tong,
So the other ceremony at the bride's place is not so particular of date, no need to select date as long as they can book the venue?

If we select 9/1 for the main one, the timing shown in the chinese calendar : 7-9 am good; 9-11 am bad; 11am - 1pm moderate and 1-3 pm bad.
As the church ceremony and the chinese custom ceremony take more than 2 hours, how do we schedule these events by avoiding the bad timing?

M L Tan

Dear Master Tong,
Is Lunar 6th month no good for house moving (people avoid wedding in lunar 6th month)?
My house renovation is expected to be completed around 20 June (hopefully). Is 24th , 26th of June good date to move in? (Zodaic sign of my husband and I : horse; family members: boar, ox, sheep, snake, dragon)

Hi Master Tong,
Pls advise if 4th Jan 2015 is good for us.

Bride monkey
Groom monkey
Bride mum rabbit
Bride dad pig
Groom mum snake
Groom dad monkey

Many thanks!

MichiGO

Hi Master Tong

Kindly advise if 8 August 2014 and 14 February 2015 both dates are good for us?

Groom: October 1984 (Rat)
Bride: December 1984 (Rat)

Groom's dad: 1953 (Snake)
Groom's mum: 1952 (Dragon)

Bride's Dad: Rat
Bride's Mum: Ox

Thank you in advance!

M L Tan

Dear Master Tong,

The bride family has planned for a Thai wedding ceremony on 26 Oct 2014. Is this an auspicious date? It is in the leap month but since this is not the main wedding at the groom side, it should be Ok?
The Chinese custom/church wedding at the groom side is planned to be on 22 Nov 2014.

Please advise if these 2 dates are good dates.

Groom: 10 Mar 1983, 12:05pm - Pig
Bride: 8 May, 5:47 am - Pig

Groom's Dad: Horse
Groom's Mom: Horse

Bride's Dad: Diseased
Bride's Mom: No info

THank you in advance

HUI tING

hi Master Tong,

I just got My BTO flat. I did my cleaning. I would like to check with you.
Can i move in before the renovation start?

Thank you in advance.

J3slin

HellOooo Mr Master Tong,

My AD fall on 06.09.2014 (Sat). Chinese date was 8月13日.
I knowing that Chinese traditional will have 安床 on before the marriage actual day.
Could you pls advise me any good date to 安床. (Preferable on Wednesday)

Bride & Groom: Rabbit

Groom Dad: Rat
Groom Mum: Snake

Bride Dad: Snake
Bride Mum: Rooster.

Many Thanks.
Good days to you :)

cmg_consulting

Hi ML Tan

Move in dates is calculated from house feng shui direction etc. Hence whether if good or bad mth depends on the house feng shui. No such thing as 6th lunar mth cannot move hse

cmg_consulting

Hi ML Tan

Seems ok. For the bride side, so long as no impt activites are carried out on that day, then it is fine (basically just banquet)

cmg_consulting

Hi HUI tING

Of course you can't! Renovation first, then move in.

Once you move in, you cannot anyhow reno the house as it might trigger the negative Qi and brings a lot of bad things to your house..

M L Tan

Dear Master Tong,

The bride family has planned for a Thai wedding ceremony on 26 Oct 2014. Is this an auspicious date? It is in the leap month but since this is not the main wedding at the groom side, it should be Ok?
The Chinese custom/church wedding at the groom side is planned to be on 22 Nov 2014.

Please advise if these 2 dates are good dates.

Groom: 10 Mar 1983, 12:05pm - Pig
Bride: 8 May, 5:47 am - Pig

Groom's Mom: Horse

Bride's Dad: Diseased
Bride's Mom: No info

THank you in advance
Hi Master Tong,
Just to verify on the wedding date of 22 Nov 2014. In Tung Shu, it mentions only suitable for open business, moving, ground breaking etc. However, there is no mention about wedding. It seems to be generally a good date so it is still Ok (mediocre, no evil no special auspicious) for wedding ?

How about 27, 28 or 29 November for alternative dates that we are also considering if they are auspicious.

Thank you in advance

Cyndie Marie

Hi Master Tong! :)

Can I ask for the best date for our wedding in January 2015?

we plan to have January 25, 2015 Sunday. Will this be ok?

Bride: Nov. 7, 1990 - - - Horse
Groom: Dec. 22, 1988 - - - Dragon

Bride Mother: Sheep/Goat
Bride Father: Snake -- (Deceased)

Groom Mother: Rabbit
Groom Father: Dragon

Hope to hear from you soon because we are planning to reserve the places... thanks!

kcp_pris

Hi Master Tong,

I knew that for ppl who are getting married, +/-100days not allowed to attend red or white ceremony. Why is this so?

If a friend who is getting married within 100days from my wedding, if he/she don't mind or care about this customary, am I still able to invite them to my wedding? Will there be any impact on my side?

cmg_consulting

Hi ML Tan

It depends on what tong shu you use and see. there are many versions...some will list as good for wedding

Only 29th nov, provided none of you are born Dog yr

cmg_consulting

Hi kcp_pris

Basically it will bring bad luck if you attend. So best not to attend. It is our Chinese belief, & wedding is a lifetime event, so it is best to believe for once..

MichiGO

Hi MichiGO

8th August 2014 is in the chinese 7th lunar mth

14th Feb 2015 is not a good day for wedding too

Hope this helps

Hi Master Tong

Thanks for reply.

May i know the reason of 14 Feb 2015 is not a good date? How about 15 Feb?

If not, any good dates for us for February, March and April month?
Thanks

HUI tING

Hi Master tong,
My AD is on 6/9/2014 (Sat). Chinese date is 8月13日... Can i know when is the best date for 安床 and 过大礼..

Bride: Dragon
Groom: Cow

Bride's dad: rooster
Bride's mum: cow

Groom's dad: horse
Groom's mum: rat

Please advice me...

Thank you!

albertnyaman

Hi Master Tong,

We have a plan to have our wedding next year (2015). Could you please help us to find several good dates for our wedding? Preferably during the September-December period.
Below are the details of our and our parents date of birth.

Groom : 23/01/1987 (Tiger)
Groom's dad : 31/01/1956 (Monkey)
Groom's mom : 28/11/1960 (Rat)

Bride : 08/11/1989 (Snake)
Bride's dad : 13/11/1956 (Monkey)
Bride's mom : 18/09/1964 (Dragon)

Please advise..

Thank you.

Sueannk

Hi David...

You have count for me before the date...

Groom: Monkey
Bride: Rat

Date: 8th March 2015
FTB: 9am
ROM:11am

Was worry the timing abit tight as mine is lunch banquet... is there any timing after event like 4 to 5pm??

Dear Master Tong,

I was wondering if me and my husband plan to solemnise on next year, 13th march 2015. Would that be a good day to solemnise? Both me and the groom are born in the year of Pig.
Thanks a lot!

ShaunaL

Hi Master Tong,

Both my fiance and I are born in the year of the dog.

We'd like to ask whether there is any difference between getting married in the year of the horse (apparently a good year for the dog, 2014) or the year of the goat (2015).

Could you please advise whether it would be very bad to getting married on the neutral day of 10 January 2015? Some calendars say it is an auspicious day, so we are a bit confused.

We'd also be grateful if you could please suggest some alternative weekend auspicious dates between Jan - Feb 2015 that would be compatible with our zodiac signs.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bride: 05/01/1983 (dog)
Groom: 13/06/1982 (dog)

Bride's mother: Rat
Bride's father: Ox

Groom's mother: Rat
Groom's father: Pig

cmg_consulting

Hi MichiGO

Some dates are default bad for wedding due to the nature and purpose of the day. and 14th is such as day

15th clashes to Dragon, hence cannot use.

the 2015 tong shu will only be out in Sept, so i can only advise general dates after it is out.

cmg_consulting

Hi albertnyaman

if you are only looking at general dates, the tong shu will only be out in ard sept this year, so i can only advise after it is out. Now the only way is using bazi to select, but i do charge for it as it is part of my consultation service

cmg_consulting

Hi ShaunaL

2014 Horse yr will be better for Dog, if possible

10th Jan is NOT a general tong shu good date.

There are no good weekend date in Jan , all the good dates clashes with parents etc. Feb is cny no dates. March 2015 and beyond have to wait for tong shu to be out in sept first then i can advise, if you are looking at general dates only.

HUI tING

Hi Master tong,
Thank you for your reply.
My Ad is on 6/9/14 (sat) Chinese date 8月13曰

Bride: Dragon
Groom: Cow

Bride's Dad: Roster
Bride's mum: Cow

Groom's mum: Rat

Is there any good date for GDL after 7th month?

Please advise!

Thank you so much.

ShaunaL

Hi Master Tong,

Thanks so much for your guidance.

Is the 10 January 2015 a bad wedding date or just a neutral date?

What are the general good wedding dates from Nov/Dec 2014 to 10 Jan 2015 which we might be able to register our marriage prior to our pre-booked 10 January western ceremony and banquet?

Does both the ROM and the western ceremony/banquet have to happen on auspicious wedding dates?

Our details are attached again below for your convenience.

Thanks again for your help!

Bride: 05/01/1983 (dog)
Groom: 13/06/1982 (dog)

Bride's mother: Rat
Bride's father: Ox

Groom's mother: Rat
Groom's father: Pig

cmg_consulting

Hi ShaunaL

10th jan is not a general good date .

The only good dates you can ROM from nov onwards will be 22/11 only. Rest of the weekends either bad/clashes

Yes ROM is very important and need a good date, as that is the date both of you legally become husband and wife :)

chomel90

Hi Master Tong,

Hmm my bf's grandma just passed away in about 2 weeks ago..we planned to rom during this year end but I'm not sure whether we can still go ahead with our plan & my bf's parents will be one of our witnesses.Do we need to wait for either 100 days or 3years for rom?

Using SingaporeBrides app

M L Tan

Hi Master David,
What are the auspicious and inauspicious timing for wedding on 28 November, 2014 in general?
I am a bit confused because I came across some differences in timing especially for 11am-1pm and 1 pm - 3 pm.
Appreciate your clarification.

Thank you in advance,
ML

M L Tan

Sorry, just to clarify on 28 Nov. 2014 : the tung shu listed 13:00-14:59 inauspicious and 15:00 -17:00 auspicious
But I came across in some chinese calender the following:
13:00-14:59Precious Ligh(auspicious)
15:00-16:59White Tiger (inauspicious)