Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

juski22

thanks David
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Magdeline_Ng,

In fact, for 2009 weekend dates, it is almost fully booked by now if you are hosting your banquet in hotels or in some popular restaurants. So for 2010 dates, it is definitely not too early and in fact, the right time to do it now. Most of my clients now are planning for 1st half of 2010 for their AD, some even to the 2nd half of 2010!

When the Tong Shu is out next year around June/July period for 2010 dates, the vacancies for hotel ballrooms will be filled up pretty fast. Right now, the only way to select dates for 2010 is via Bazi Date Selection and other date selection techniques, so doing it now will have a huge advantage over the rest as you can book your favourite hotel way ahead of others
happy.gif

Can you drop me an email at [email protected] for the quotation? Thanks Mag
happy.gif

Merry Christmas!

dustystar

Hi David,

My bf was born in the year of Dog, Nov Month (English) and I was born in the year of Pig, Jul Month (English)... Is 29/05/2010 a good year to get married for both of us?

thankie..

starwee

Hi David,
I am referring to year 2009. Thanks for yr advice.

"Is Nov 1, Nov 22 and Dec 27 in 2009 generally a good date for marriage?

My boyfriend is born in the year of the Pig and I'm born in the year of Dog. "

cmg_consulting

Hi Jessie,

This day does not clash to you or your bf.

However, for 2010 Tong Shu general auspicious dates, the Tong Shu is not out yet. It will be out next year around June/July period.

If you want to check 2010 auspicious dates for wedding, the only accurate way to do it now will be via using Bazi, in combination with other date selection techniques.

Hope this helps and have a Merry Christmas.

cmg_consulting

Hi starwee,

All these 3 dates you provided are not good dates for marriage (esp Nov 22 and Dec 27, which is a bad day for marriage or any other important activities).

Hope this helps and have a Merry Christmas
happy.gif

dustystar

Thanks David for your advice.
Can email me you charges?

Also, if I my flat can onli be ready next June, can you advise the feng sui/positioning of all the furniture now or can only advise when we get the keys to our hse.

Can email me at [email protected]?

angelwink35

Hi David,
Me and my HTB are choosing the date for 2009 for our customary.My chinese horoscopes is dragon and his is dog. I understand from chinese horoscopes of view , these 2 signs clashes.
We are looking at this date 10 May 2009 (Eng calendar )for chinese customary .Please advise if it is a good date for both of us in general(I guess bazi will be more accurate)
Thanks !

ronnie

Hi David,
My gf was born in the year of Horse and I was born in the year of Tiger. We are thinking to get married on 14/08/2009. Is it a good day to get married for us ?

Thanks & Regards

cmg_consulting

Hi Ronnie,

This day does not clash to both of you but 14th Aug 09 is not a general good day for marriage purpose. I don't advise using this day if possible.

To see if it is a good day for both of you, the only way to do it is via date selection using Bazi. Using general Tong Shu auspicious dates alone cannot determine if it is a good or bad day for both of you.

Hope this helps.

cmg_consulting

Hi angelwink35,

10th May 09 is a general Tong Shu auspicious date for wedding. This day will not clash with either of you.

However, to see if this day is really good for both of you, the only way to do it is date selection via Bazi. Using the Tong Shu alone cannot determine if it is a good or bad day for both of you. It can only tell if this is a general good auspicious day. Hence, it is a very general type of date selection, not specific.

Yes, Dragon and Dog clashes in Chinese Metaphysics. But I rest assure you that it doesn't mean if these 2 animal sign clashes, it means that both of you will end up divorce or unhappy marriage. There is no such thing and is not logical.

I've actually written an in-depth article about this misconception on my website at www.cmgconsulting.com.sg. You can go to David's Blog (click "October") on my website to read more about it. It will give you a complete picture of why I say this is not true and a better understanding of how this came about.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

wiwiwi

Hello David,

Can you email me at [email protected] for your consultation rates?

Me n bf intend to ROM and chinese customary in year 2010 and we are afraid "tiger" year is not a gd year to get married.

May i know whether 27 Mar 2010 and 10 Oct 2010 is a gd date to marry? I m dog my bf is rooster.

Your kind advise pls..

Thank you!
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi wiwi,

Both you and your bf don't clash with the Tiger year.

There is no such thing as Tiger year not good to get married in. There are millions of happy couples in the world that gets married in the Tiger year. And there are also many couples who gets married in the Rabbit year (or any other year that is "suppose" to be good for marriage by animal zodiac sign alone), but end up divorcing . There is no logic to this. It is just a 'belief" or "urban legend" as you might want to call it.

As for the 2 dates in 2010 you asked about, the Tong Shu for general auspicious date for 2010 is not out yet. It will only be out next year June/July period. The only way (and right way!) now to do wedding date selection for 2010 dates will be via Bazi and other more precise date selection techniques. The Tong Shu provide only very general dates and is not accurate. A good day stated in the Tong Shu may be bad for you, and vice versa. The Bazi of both of you has to be taken into consideration.

I've sent you an email. Thanks
happy.gif

pringirl

Hi David,
My HTB was born in the year of Rooster and I was born in the year of Monkey. We are thinking to get married on 29.09.2009. Is it a good day to get married for us ?

Thanks & Regards

cmg_consulting

Hi Cornetto,

29.09.2009 is a general Tong Shu auspicious date for wedding. This day does not clash to either of you as well.

As mentioned in my previous post, there is no way to tell if this is a good day for both of you to get married using the Tong Shu general auspicious date selection alone. The only way to tell if it is really a good day have to be via using Bazi in combination with other date selection techniques.

Hope this helps cornetto.

starwee

Hi David,

If we went ahead and hold our wedding on 1 Nov 2009, is it ok? What do we need to look our for to ensure everything will go well?

My boyfriend is born in year of Pig and I'm year of Dog. Thanks
happy.gif

amrasenelya

Hi David,

if a shifu calculates an auspicious date for us with regards to our bazi for 2010, but the tong shu wont be out till July 2009, what if the date selected using ba zi clashes with a not auspicious date in the tong shu? is it still safe to go ahead with the calculated date based on ba zi?

thanks lots.. =)

cmg_consulting

Hi starwee,

Frankly speaking, although Nov 1 is a neutral date, from the professional point of view, I will not select this for wedding purpose (unless it fits your Bazi - that is the only exception to the rule). Reason being that personally, i feel that wedding is a once in a lifetime thingy and it is such an important event that if you still have a chance to choose (ie you haven't pay the deposit for your banquet/hotel), you might as well choose a really good auspicious date for it.

Well, when it comes to selecting wedding date, I am pretty strict on the dates that can be used, as i want to make sure it is a really good date
happy.gif

I hope this answers your question
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Amras,

Yes it is still safe to go ahead, provided that the shifu calculates your wedding dates based on the Bazi.

When the Tong Shui is out, it depends on how inauspicious that day is. There are some inauspicious days we want to avoid 100% and we can calculate it now, even for 2010. These are the days that we MUST avoid. For the rest of the days, the Tong Shu can say "bad for wedding", but if your Bazi is suitable for the day, you can still go ahead. Put it simply, Bazi overrrides Tong Shu. Bazi is specific to an individual, whereas Tong Shu is for general mass consumption. Therefore, Bazi dates are more precise and accurate than Tong Shu dates.

For me, besides using Bazi, I also combine it with other more precise date selection techniques to double ensure that it will be a really good day not just based on the Bazi, but also a general good day by itself. This ensure that the day selected is both a general good day as well as good for the Bazi.

I hope this helps Amras
happy.gif

genevia

Hi David,

I have consulted a shifu to calculate wedding dates based on me and my bf's bazi and our parents' animal sign. Based on the dates he gave, we selected and booked the banquet on 15 Nov 2009. However, my future MIL found out that that day actually clashes with my sign. I am Horse and my bf is Monkey. What should I do? Should I jus trust my shifu and don't worry too much?

Kindly advice. Many thanks!

cmg_consulting

Hi genevia,

Yes, that day does clash with you.

I have no idea what your shifu did, so I cannot comment on whether if he is right or wrong.

However, for me, personally I don't select dates that clash with either of you or your parents. These dates are generally ommited first even before we speak about selecting auspicious dates based on Bazi etc etc.

Is your ROM on the same day or already over?

josephineapple

Hi David,

Need to seek your advice that is it a good day to get married (ROM and chinese customary) on 18/6/09? My bf is born in the year of Rabbit and im born in the year of horse. Both our parents are born in the year of tiger.

genevia

Hi David,

We have not selected the ROM date yet. We planning to have our ROM in July/Aug 09. Is ROM more important than customary?

Many thanks!

cmg_consulting

Hi genevia,

Yes, ROM date is more important than AD. ROM is the day both of you legally and officially become husband and wife. You can check out my blog on my website on an article written by me on this subject. You will get a better idea after reading it.

In this case, if you cannot change your banquet date without penalty on the deposit, I suggest you choose a good ROM date and time. For AD date that you've chosen, you might want to select a good time for "fetching the bride".

Hope this helps genevia
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Josephine,

This date does not clash to either of you or your parents.

However, it is not a general Tong Shu auspicious date for wedding purpose.

Hope this helps.

josephineapple

Hi David,

Thanks for your advice.

I need to seek your further advice that if it is not the auspicious date for wedding, i still can go ahead since it doesnt clash with us and our parents?

Beside that day, what is the auspicious date in June'09 to get married for both Rabbit & Horse and parents are born in Tiger? We checked and frez told me that 20/6/09 is the auspicious date but clash with Tiger.

sillygal_27

Hi david,

My bf is Snake year and i'm Rooster year.. We are thinking of having our Soleminization ceremony on 27-Dec-2009.
Is this date good?

cmg_consulting

Hi Josephine,

Even if it doesn't clash, I cannot advise you to go ahead. Reason being that wedding is such an important event, we want to ensure it is really a good day before proceeding ahead. Doesn't clash to either of you or parents doesn't mean it is a good day. It only eliminates the possibility of getting a bad day. But it can still turn out to be bad if it doesn't suit both your Bazi.

As for 20th June 09, it is not a good date for wedding. You might want to try 10th June, 14th June or 26th June. These are general Tong Shu auspicious dates.

Do take note that it can still turn out to be a bad day as it doesn't take into account both your Bazi.

Hope this helps.

cmg_consulting

Hi Suzi,

27th Dec 09 is a bad day for wedding, regardless of both your animal signs. Not advisable to use this date for ROM.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Suzi Tan,

For weekends, you might want to try 6th Dec, 13th Dec or 19th Dec 09. These are general Tong Shu auspicious good dates and doesn't clash to either of you (doesn't take into account Bazi or clashes to parents etc).

Hope this helps
happy.gif

sillygal_27

Hi David,

Thanks... quite limited dates for Dec hor.. hmm.. will probably consider 19dec, but then this date is not meaningful to both of us leh... haiz...

cmg_consulting

Hi Suzi Tan,

Normally after narrowing down using Bazi etc, there might be even less dates! But at least those dates you can be sure it is really good for both of you and parents.

Well, a good date is more important than a meaningful one, if you have to do it in Dec. But of course, if you can have both, that will be even better
happy.gif

aec

Hi David,

I ROM 3 years ago. Not knowing that ROM date is actually important because I thought as long as never go thru the customary "ba tian di" then is okay. I'm a dragon and hubby a dog. A lot of shifu said we are incompatiable. We ROM in 28 Feb 2006 and would like to get a date for our customary in Nov / Dec next year. What would you suggest?

cmg_consulting

Hi Barbie Girl,

I rest assured you that it doesn't mean if you are a dragon and your hubby is a dog, that means both of you are incompatible. This is a very simple and elementary way of analyzing compatibility. I've seen many couples' bazi who are born in the year of dragon and dog (as well as other animals sign where they are suppose to clash) and they are living happily together with no marriage problems.

I've actually wrote an article on this at David's Blog on my website at www.cmgconsulting.com.sg. If you have the time, you can read the article and hopefully it will help to clarify some of your doubts and misconceptions.

Since your ROM is over in 2006, I suggest we don't look back to check if it is good or bad. Reason being that it is already over and since we cannot turn back time, I do not want you to get paranoid over the dates if it happen to be not so good etc.

What I suggest is that you choose a good AD date with a good timing for fetching the bride. By the way, for 2009 weekend auspicious dates, it is almost near impossible to book now as many banquet venues are fully booked. You might have to consider lunch or weekdays if you really want to hold it during that period.

I always believe we should focus on doing what we can control. What's beyond our control, there is no point worrying.

I hope this answers your question Barbie Girl
happy.gif

Have a Happy New Year.

thommy

Would like to show my appreciation for David here, very punctual for our appointment and also clear and precise in his explanation of all the rules/traditions
happy.gif

Thanks David for your professionalism shown, thumbsup!