Master David Tong's Advice Corner (Geomancy and Fengshui)

whereding

Hi Master Tong,

Just wondering if to pick a date for the wedding. Do we need our parents and parents in law's BA ZI & our BA ZI to calculate our wedding date?

pepper14

Hi Master Tong,

Thanks for your help... know that 2010 is not really a gd year for MONKEYS... so we select year 2011 which you mention the tong shu will only be out later in 2010.
You also mention BAZHi will be more accurate in calculating is it referring to our DOB?
Mine is Dec 19 1980 MY HTB is Jul 14 1980, both of us are in the year of MONKEY.. thinking of Nov 20 2011 is that date feasible? thinking of earlier date too.. Do advise me (''/)

Thanks in advance.
Sheena

vershawn

hi Master Tong,

I was told that if you come from a single-parent family, your mother/father cannot cover your veil for you on her/his own. Is this true?

snow_tea

Hi Master Tong,

Can you help me to check whether 11 or 12 Mar 2010 is an auspicious date for ROM and wedding dinner (I'm planning to do it on the same day):

Groom: Ox (1985)
Groom's Brother: Monkey (1980)
Groom's Mother: Pig (1961)

Bride: Rat (1984)
Bride's Father: Goat (1955)
Bride's Mother: Monkey (1956)

If both of these dates are not good, then i will wait for 2011.
Many thanks in advance.

cmg_consulting

Hi Sze Sze,

It will be hard for me to advise you on this coz i don't know how the master select the dates etc etc. I guess the only way at this moment is which master you feel more comfortable and use his/her dates. Also very importantly, how he explain to you the dates are dervied (or any explanations to the dates) so that you know it is not "plucked from mid air" and give it to you
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Kimono,

You can use any of the 2 dates if these 2 dates are good and compatible with both your Bazi.

In authentic date selections, we don't take into account chinese culture, superstitions or beliefs. Hence the popular belief that 8th lunar mth is the best for wedding is not correct. So does 10/10/2010. Put it this way...we all know that there are many many people that got married in these so call "good dates" still going thru divorce, correct?

Hence, you don't have to take into account these factors too seriosuly. Just ensure that is a good date for both of you, and just choose one that you feel you like better
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Gina,

For parents and in-laws, we just need the animal signs will do. I only need the Bazi (birthday and time of birth) for both of you.

cmg_consulting

Hi Sheena,

Bazi refers to your birthday and time of birth.

However, for 2011 dates, I won't be able to provide general good dates now as the tong shu is not out yet till next year 7th lunar mth. For Bazi Wedding Dates selection, it is part of my consultation service, hence i can't provide it here free or it will be unfair to all my clients who engaged me for this service. Hope you understand
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Sher,

This is just a chinese belief/superstition. To me, so long as you are comfortable with it, you can still proceed. After that, it will not impact your marriage (a person's marriage is determined by his/her destiny chart at the time when you are born), not to worry.

purinne

dear master tong

someone just told mi tat brides who get married in lunar sep will have a more lao lu ming (laborious life) ... izzit true?

juaaany

hi master tong!

would you be able to advise on what are the general good/auspicious dates in Dec 2010 for a wedding?

thanks!

suziesoo

hi details here:
mokey sign - bride (cancer)
monkey sign - groom ( aries)

is april 30 2010 a good date for wedding, if not, what dates do you suggest.

thanks

zaykos

Hi Master Tong,

Need to seek your advice on whether 20 May 2010 is a good date to get married based on the details below.

Groom: Monkey
Groom's father: Monkey
Groom's mother: Rooster

Bride: Pig
Bride's father: Pig
Bride's mother: Monkey

I read from one of your earlier post that Year of Tiger is not a good year for Monkey to get married. Would using Bazi to calculate the marriage date be a good way to mitigate this?

Tks in advance!

cmg_consulting

Hi Gina Soh,

We don't take the birth data of grandparents and siblings into consideration for wedding dates selection. Only both of you and your parents
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi Zay Liew,

That day is not ideal for wedding. Better dates can be chosen.

Bazi calculations will not override the fact that getting married in tiger year (for those born in Monkey years) is not good. You can't mitigate this. It is still best to avoid this year. If you really really have to do it in tiger yr, then you have to use Bazi calculations (instead of just general tong shu dates) to make sure that day is really good (note that this will not mitigate the problem, but just to make sure at least the date is good under this scenario).

cmg_consulting

Hi Veron C,

You can buy it in Popular bookstores or Kinokuniya (think they sell it too). Or you can try those neighbourhood shops that sells chinese incense sticks or Waterloo street area.

blinged

Hi Master Tong,

Can I check if 17 Nov 2010 is a good date for us ?

Groom: Monkey
G's dad: Rabbit
G's mum: Goat

Bride:Rooster
B's dad: Dragon
B's mum: Monkey

Thanks !

hp7379

Dear Master Tong

My wedding will be 16thOct'09.Husband born in the year of Goat(1979),me year of cow(1973).Is a tiger baby(2010)good for us,please advise.

Thank you

cmg_consulting

Hi bling,

this date clash to Ox. Since none of you are born in Ox yr, it does not clash to anyone. This is a also a general tong shu day for wedding. Note that Bazi is not taken into account yet as a date stated as auspicious in the tong shu can still be deemed inauspicious for both of you if the date is not compatible with your Bazi. Tong Shu is more for mass consumption only.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Hi tan,

Whether if a baby is good for you in the Tiger year will have to see both your Bazi. Furthermore, to be exact, after the baby is born, the Bazi (birthday and time of birth) has to be anaylsed to see if the baby brings bad luck to the parents etc etc. Hence Tiger year alone is insufficient to determine if the baby is good for both of you. This is too superficial.

Hope this helps
happy.gif

cmg_consulting

Dear all,

I will be conducting a second run of the Wedding Feng Shui Seminar on the 14th November 2009 (Saturday) at SMU. Seats are limited so do register early if you are keen
happy.gif

This seminar is unique in a way that the contents are specially designed and catered for couples who are getting married soon. As far as I know, we are the pioneers in this field and my aim is to address and answer all your doubts so that at the end of this 4 hours seminar, you will leave fully prepared, knowing what to do for your wedding. You will have a clear idea what is a must to do for your wedding and what is a superstition, which if not followed, will not affect your marriage.

You will also gain a full understanding how authentic Feng Shui and Bazi works and how it can help you in changing your destiny and daily lives. I will also show you techniques on how you can select a property on your own. Some of these techniques are worth its weight in gold, if you apply them. Getting it wrong in the first place will bring disasterous results to the feng shui of your house. You will also learn tips and tricks on face reading and palmistry to understand a person's character, which can be used to improve relationship.

For full details about this seminar, check out the September section of David's Blog on my website at www.cmgconsulting.com.sg

babylamb

Hi David,
My dad just passed away and I understand that I will need to hold my wedding within 100 days of his passing.
1) Must it be after 49 days?
2) Can I have my ROM first then customary later? If this is the case does it mean that my customary have to be 3 years later?
3) Any other things that I need to take note of?
Thank you for your kind attention.

macadamia3050

Hi Master Tong,

So sorry to bother you again, could you advise if 12 Dec 2010 is good for wedding?

Groom: Pig (1983)
Groom's Dad: Dog (1946)
Groom's Mum: Pig (1947)

Bride: Pig (1983)
Bride's Dad: Dog (1946)
Bride's Mum: Sheep (1955)

Many thanks in advance!

cmg_consulting

Hi Aiko,

My condolences to you and your family.

1) Must it be after 49 days?
>> Some people practice this, but not everyone. So it really depends on your family's beliefs. So long as it is within 100 days, it will be fine.

2) Can I have my ROM first then customary later? If this is the case does it mean that my customary have to be 3 years later?

>> Yes you can ROM first, no problem. Nowadays, people seldom practice the 3 years wait. Normally 1 year will suffice. This is a mark of respect for the deceased person. 3 years is too long...

3) Any other things that I need to take note of?

>> That will be all. Either you do it within 100 days or 1 year later (unless your family insist on the 3 years thingy...)

Hope this helps.

kitbaby

Hi Master Tong,
Could you advise me if 15th Sept 2010 is a gd day for wedding.

Groom: Chicken (1981)
Groom's Dad: Dog (1958)
Groom's Mum: Rat (1960)

Bride: Goat (1980)
Bride's Dad: Goat (1943)
Bride's Mum: Cow (1949)

cmg_consulting

Hi macadamia3050,

You are welcome. Are those dates left over by hotels? If it is, high chance it will not be good coz the good ones are normally already taken by this time.