Marina Mandarin Singapore

lovelee

Hi Iciclediamond, I left a PM for you
happy.gif
Thanks.

cho

hi shakingheads,
as for food quality, i tink MM's standard is fine and probably "above average" for it's price..

service-wise, for my wedding it was a little disappointing.. nevertheless.. u can read thru e reviews & request for a more experienced banquet manager and oso voice ur concerns to the wedding coordinator..

most imptly, u muz b v comfortable with ur wedding coordinator.. so make a wise choice when selecting urs! =)

~sblbee~

mary poppins,
yes i definitely enjoyed my honeymoon, so wat bags did u get frm europe? looking forward to see ur hoots....hehehe
happy.gif

ladys1st

Hi,everyone
i am a MM bride too. My AD was 12dec08. What i can say about MM is fantastic. Wendy is a excellent event manager. she even remember i love their pineapple tarts. They have one box in the room when i check in and after the wedding the she gave me a bag of pineapple tarts. And my tea session was in MM she helps me alot on the planning. And there is a helpful lady helping me out with the tea and coffee serving.
During the dinner My banquet manager Mr How, MR AV guy and wendy help me with the montage i did for my 2nd march in. They go through everything with us in details. Due to the stress i fall sick, keep coughing on my AD. The banquet assistant follow me everywhere i go with a never finish cup of warm water. Mr How the banquet manager is so experience that even both parent gave a thumb up for him. He guide my hubby through the whole event, and nothing went wrong.
The banquet assistant take really good care of me, and my WG is always nicely spread . We let the banquet manager mr How incharge of the wine and liquor. unexpected we have no extra payment on the liquor. The food was excellent, the chef gave us more choices on the dishes to make it prefect for our dinner. The room is big enough with a balcony with excellent view. So comfortable that i don't wish to leave. After hearing alot of problem ppl faced. As for me i really must thank them for leaving such a good memories for us. Marine mandarin is the best choice hotel for wedding.

octo

Hi Its my life,

So happy to hear that you have a great time at MM. I am also having Wendy as my coordinator. Only met her once when we signed the contract.

Read that you have your tea ceremony there. I am considering having the tea ceremony at MM now as my inlaws' place is rented out. How did you arrange with Wendy to have the tea ceremony? What time is your tea ceremony? Before the dinner banquet? or in the afternoon?

And where did you have your tea ceremony at MM? Is it at the main/ vanda ballroom or some other room? We are having our dinner at the Vanda ballroom, so wondering if the tea ceremony is there or near it.

Sorry for the many questions as we had never thought of having our tea ceremony elsewhere before and it came so sudden.

We would also appreciate if you can share afew pic of your tea ceremony with us. My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

PS. you can blank out your relatives' faces for privacy.

ladys1st

Shir,
You can tell wendy abt your needs. she will help you. wendy gave me a small room enough for 30 pax, at level 6 . She arrange coffee and tea for my guest and you can order food with them if you need. My tea was at ard 12pm. I dun have photo yet maybe after new year. Its very comfortable.wendy arrange a lady to help me with the tea for tea session.
check with her.

iris1980

Hi Everyone,
I'll be holding my wedding dinner at MM in Oct 09.
Would like to find out if anyone shares the same coordinator as i am - Miss Fiona Lee?

octo

Hi Its my life,

Thanks for sharing. Do you have any lunch / hi-tea for your relatives after the tea ceremony?

We are wondering what time should we hold the tea. If at 12pm, do your relatives go home after that and come back for the banquet in the evening? or stay with you at the suite until dinner time?

We are thinking of having the tea is before the dinner, to ease the hassle of travelling to & fro for the relatives. But then its going to be very quiet in the morning and afternoon. Not sure if my inlaws can accept the idea.

I had searched the net and noticed that the usual practise is to fetch bride to groom's place and then go back to brides' place. Then proceed to rest at hotel / phototaking.

Really not sure how should we arrange the itinerary for the day. Still need to fetch brides? go to the groom's place?

Care to share, how do you arrange for it?

mthm

Hi all,

I had my wedding banquet at MM on 1st Jan 09, MM ballroom. During food tasting, we were quite disappointed with the dishes, however, during the actual day, the food was good. I heard good comments from my guests.
happy.gif

Thanks to my coordinator, Sen and the banquet team for all the assistance.

ladys1st

HI,
I have lunch for my guest. I have in at 12 and i booked 2 extra room for both parent and my aunties stay with them til dinner and some left.
I stay in the hotel the previous nite so my prepration start at 7am and my hubby came to the hotel at 9am .

lovelee

Hi Its my life,

Would you please share your itinenary for the day? I like to do a lunch too , but a bit concern of timing. You may leave me a PM. Thanks
happy.gif

happy_ting

hi mthm

did u have any problem with the AV system on ur AD? My gf company just hold a function at the grandballroom and she complained that the AV system is very lousy, therefore i am abit worried now as my AD is coming.. any feedback?

ladys1st

Hi, meiting

Don't worry. I done my own montage i am not good at the convertion of program but at first it cant e played after a while the av did it.
you will have a meeting with them and they will played it while you are talking with the manager. Tell them what is your expectation

star_diamond

meiting,

if u are worried, call yr hotel planner and meet up with her abt 2-3 days before your AD and also if necessary, prepare your own laptop to try out....rem all montages to be played out must be in DVD format...

i brought mine to try after hearing from my fren that the AV make a squeaking sound kinda of irritating....so i was so worried as my wedding is on the following wkend in same place...so i tried it out and the banquet mgr and AV team put me to ease as they spent time with me to play out all my montages and songs....

All turned out well on that day....

tibitzqueen

hi,all marina mandarin brides
happy.gif

does anyone knows if the tables fall below the required confirmed tables,does Marina mandarin has some allowances on this? let's say if the required table is 35tables,but confirmed table is only 33tables?

manta05

hi, can any recent Marina Mandarin couples share? I read in this thread that there appears to be quite some feedback on 'small food' portions for the banquet.

As we're considering Marina Mandarin, appreciate if recently married couples can share?

What were some of the items you managed to negotiate out of the package?

Kindly email to [email protected] Thank you

topaz

hello! just like to check how's the food and the ambience of Marina Mandrian ballroom? planning 30 tables @ Mar 2010...

sean_ng

Hi all,
I have the following items for sale from my wedding last Friday.
All items are brand new and only bought few days before my actual day.
Please send me an email at seanngyl@gmail for more details.

1) Martell VSOP, 70cl, duty paid, 8 bottles, $70 each

2) Berri Estates Cabernet Sauvignon, 75cl, duty paid, 22 bottles, $18 each

sean_ng

Hi,
My dinner was 52 tables, so bought many more Martell and red wines.
My guests drank alot but still left with these.

I am selling below retail price.
Martell is selling for about $85 in the shops and close to $100 in NTUC.

Do help me check with your friends if they need it!

man_d

We highly recommend Marina Mandarin for their wonderful and professional service.

We just had our wedding with them yesterday and are very satisfied with their service.

The banquet Manager was extremely experience and professional. He was able to look after our needs, attend to both our father's requests, bring out the atmosphere of the crowd at some pt, and even update us the number of wine bottles left very promptly. Despite a huge crowd of 50 rowdy tables, he did all these with a smile. Even if some of the crowd hang back till 12pm, he still patiently wait for us with a smile. The service provided by MM was definitely endearing. He even called us (just an hr to go) to check that everything is fine.

The coordinator was also very accomodating to our extra requests. We are very happy how the night turned out. It was how we have imagined it to be.

The guests were all praise for the food. The portions were definitely sufficient. Everyone seem to enjoyed the little dance during the first dish too.

We are happy that we have made MM our banquet venue.

evylim

Hi Mandy,

I'm going to have my banquet at MM this coming May. May I know the name of your banquet Manager. Perhaps I could request to have him to handle our wedding banquet.

concert

Hi anybody knows if Wendy Lou is still ard..? I dropped her an email on my wed preps (signed contract le), but she didnt reply. Usually she reply quite fast one.

jean09

Hi,

We had signed up with Marina Mandarin for an upcoming wedding in Apr and will like to cancel due to unforseen circumstances. We had negotiated a good package during the wedding fair with extra freebies.

Anyone interested, please email to [email protected]

Thanks!

sdluvct

Thinking of booking the Vanda Ballroom at Marina Mandarin, only have around 20+ tables. Appreciate if any couples can share their experiences and their coordinators?

BTW, any items that should be negotiated?

And do you all know if I remove one dish from the menu, will the price per table be lower?

Kindly email to [email protected]

Thank you

concert

Hey, BTB at MM - have u all seen the new wedding cards for 2009... like it ??? They sent me a pinkish red and white one.

Btw, which are the printers u'll have tried.. MM gave me 2 names... Jasvy Market Agency and Kentrich Trade Press Pte Ltd. Thks for ur advise !

carrine14

Does anyone here have a problem with the low ceiling of the grand ballroom? I am very worried that all the photos would appears with low ceiling shown inside. Can someone help to advise?

purinne

hihi all
happy.gif
... i just signed up with MM for mi weddin lunch on 24 Oct 09
happy.gif
... read mixed reviews abt the food ...

am stuck btw goin for vanda ballroom or MM ballroom ... any comments?

also, wat i shd highlight to mi coordinator when i meet her to sign the contract?

octo

Hi Purinne,

We are having ours at the Vanda ballroom. I think you might want to use your guest list to determine which ballroom as their capacity is quite different.

octo

Hi Purinne,

I see. What's the minimum table for the grand ballroom? Better check against your guest list first. Cause one of my friend also over-commited, end up got to invite alot of 'not familiar' people to her wedding to fill her tables.

purinne

hi shir
happy.gif
the norm min table for grand ballroom is 25 ... but coz FH's muslim frenz now said they cant come as food served is not halal certified so i cldnt meet the min requirement ... however, mi coordinator is very nice and allow mi to hav the room with just a min of 23 tables
happy.gif