Marina Mandarin Singapore

princezz

thanks Purinne.
Is there anything that you girls have asked for on top of the standard?
Seems like everybody have 2 barrel of beer?

jjkaki

I did ask if I can have 2 barrel if I have it @ the smaller ballroom. But was told that I will not need it, cos I only have 22 tables.

So who is on long MC?

purinne

oh ... she'll tell u when u sign the contract
happy.gif
... but she's really quite nice so watever u feel like askin for as additional perks ... such as additional nite stay, etc ... can try askin ... they dun give discounts thou
happy.gif

they usu not keen on givin more beer ... at first i also thot of takin wine ... but mi sis said beer is more ex ... also, whenever she runs events ... beer is usu the item that runs out or not enuff
happy.gif

i guess u gotta see ur guest list too
happy.gif
... for mine, i went for free flow of beer coz FH's frenz all love beer ...
happy.gif
... if ur guests are mainly ppl who prefer wine, then go for the wine
happy.gif

for some coordinators (other hotels) they are very reluctant to give more beer ... just tell them u hav alot of frenz who drink beer thus havin free flow of beer is an impt criteria is ur banquet selection
happy.gif
... some will give in while some will offer another barrel of beer (ie givin u a total of two barrels)
happy.gif

hooe this helps
happy.gif

purinne

oh ya ... another thing is tat i get free flow of beer coz its one of the perks for Jan's weddin fair
happy.gif
... not sure whether this is bein offered in subsequent fairs
happy.gif

the weddin fair in Apr is for 2010 ... tat was wat kaylynn says
happy.gif

janetlok

Hi Kodomo COncert,

I share the same wedding date as you at MM. But i haven't contact wedding pertaining to the wedding cards... seems like she is on hospital leave and someone else will take over her work?

concert

Hi Janet, nice to see u again over here
happy.gif
Yar... W is on hospital leave I think.. i just spoke to her 3 wks ago... sob sob. We both have the same coordinator on the same day..
happy.gif
Hope she gets well and is ok... But I think there may be someone taking over her now.. not sure who... havent ask.

iris1980

Hi all,
I'm a MM Oct 09 bride... ^_^

Purinne - The free-flow of beer is for fri/weekend is it? So they start serving beer during cocktail?
I think my husband friends like beer too... was given 2 barrels... but not sure if it's enough...

purinne

mornin all
happy.gif

shan, you can consider julia
happy.gif
... its slightly pricey but gd service and nice gowns
happy.gif
most of all, i like their style of photo takin
happy.gif

iris, im havin free flow of beer for my weddin luncheon on sat. not sure if they start to serve durin cocktail wor .... hmmm ... 2 barrels ... dependin on how big per barrel and how many guests u hav ...

hav u signed up with MM yet? if not, why not wait till apr's weddin fair?
happy.gif
coz they had this promo on either free flow of beer, or one bottle of house wine per confirmed table for their jan's weddin show
happy.gif
... which is where i got the free flow of beer fr
happy.gif

purinne

hihi shan ... sorries ... i can onli send u the basic package coz promised mi coordinator tat i wun share my contract with others ....

izzit ok? however, the promo pack is onli valid till 28 feb ... let me know k ...

meanwhile u may wanna request for the latest promo pack fr MM too
happy.gif
... for comparison
happy.gif

purinne

mornin ...

shan: ooppss ... sorries .... @_@

iris: oohh ... hmmm ... u wan to try bargainin with ur coordinator again? not sure if its still possible coz contract signed but no harm givin it a try ba
happy.gif

purinne

hey iris ... ya since corkage is free ... no harm bringin own wine
happy.gif
... but must first see whether your guests are more wine or beer ppl
happy.gif

good luck~~~

purinne

hi ppeii ... mi is just a basic package ... if i dun mind knowin then can just gimme ur add ... but suggest u approach the BS itself for updated promo packages
happy.gif
... better to get at bridal fair coz no GST then
happy.gif

iris1980

Hi Greentea,
my coordinator is Fiona Lee... urs too?
think she has just returned to work from her maternity leave.... she's very straight forward and will give you all the perks she can without you having to ask... but not sure about the rest coz only met her once to put the deposit...
Hopefully other MM brides with Fiona as coordinator can give you (and me as well) more advise... =)

princezz

Hi Ev3,

There's a wedding show for MM on 19Apr...
There will be Bridal show from white link and if u sign up with MM on that day they will give u extra stuff...

honey_greentea

Hi iris, i'll be meeting Fiona for site visit this coming saturday lo. so not sure to confirm the booking with MM yet
happy.gif
seems u gals here have good comments on MM
happy.gif

wow wedding show in april? then have to wait until then sign up ar? wat if my preferred date not available liao?

evylim

hi honey_greentea,
usually they will extend the "extra freebies" to you when you sign up earlier with them.

It happened to me, I sign up on Jul 2008 and my coordinator gave me the "extra freebies" for the bridal show in oct 2008.

honey_greentea

hi Evy, thanks for the tips ^__^
eh.. wat if i sign up with them earlier but could not attend their wedding show? will they stil give me the extra freebies that offered during the show?? =P

evylim

yep they will still give you that. check with the coordinator you meeting up.

Mine is Sen, she automatically give me with me asking for it.

purinne

hi greentea
happy.gif
tink they are quite ok to give perks before or after the show ... even if they dun ... just bug them abit ... they sure give in one
happy.gif
.... jia you~~~

iris1980

I guess during the show, they will give you a pearl set (necklace and earrings)... if sign before the show, you can try ask too... they might give it to you... =)
but seriously, i don't think i will wear it unless i have the time restring it into something with better looking hooks to fasten the ends of the pearl necklace as well to change the earrings' hooks... as the metal parts don't look that good...

honey_greentea

Hi purinne, u r here! =)
thanks ladies, now i'm well prepared to 'confront' them this weekend! hehe... really appreciate all the information given here
happy.gif

purinne

hihi greentea
happy.gif
... yeah ... im here
happy.gif
... im a MM bride too hehehehe

iris: yeah i agree ... was quite disappointed ... but FH even cuter ... he was so happy to see a string of pearl coz he was expectin onli one pearl pendent haha
happy.gif
... i tink so long u pay deposit by UOB credit card, you'll get the pearl necklace and earrings
happy.gif

btw mi mum said even the pearls which OG gives look better than this one kekekeke
happy.gif

janetlok

Hi Kodomo Concert,

Yup, i am taking the grand ballroom. i seldom log into this forum due to my work busy schedule. Can you give me yr email so we can update each other ;)

el2sgbrides

hi greentea, kaylynn went on leave.. dunno come back already or not. initially i was corresponding with her n now fiona take over for my case.

blursky

Heard that the banquet dinner is not cook by Marina Mandarin, does anyone know the food is cook from where actually?

There're feedbacks that the food was quite cold when being served due to its not cook in the hotel?