Marina Mandarin Singapore

cho

actually i intend to DIY to use my own home printer to print out my invites..

anyone noes where to get e softcopy?

bebi

Hi all,
I m thinking of holding my wedding dinner on 5th Dec 2009 in MM. But the ballroom ald taken up that day.If you girls happen to know someone who's willing to let go of the Grand Ballroom , please kindly PM me. [email protected]

Appreciate ur all help !!

sleepydopeey

hi cho,
when i go down to collect the wedding cards, they didnt put in the inserts too..hence you have to call them up and asked them to prepare for you and you got to go down and collect yourself again =)

jelly_bean

Hi hi,
I dropby the Vanda ballrm last nite, it seems to us that the ceiling is even lower than what we saw 1 year ago. Anyone just had their wedding dinner in Vanda ballrm, did u notice any changes to their ceiling?

necrosis

jelly,
i've been to vanda for a few weddings and will be holding mine there too.
no change in ceiling height as far as i know, but i havent been there recently...

sleepy,
you mean MM provides paper for inserts in their cards?

momoe000

jelly, just had my wedding on 14th .. ceiling height seem the same???

sleepy, i feel it easier not to put the insert in cos the printing is on the insert if hotel put it in then u have to take it out when u wan to send to the printer ??

jelly_bean

Hi Peach and nec,
gd to hear from u that its the same..becos its already quite low..dun wan it 2 be even lower ... My AD will oso be held in Vanda ..
happy.gif

hi nec, yup, MM provides paper for inserts
happy.gif

baylee

I am going to have my food tasting on 7th OCT haha..really excited..Think the food should be pretty good.

During food tasting..parents from both side will be talking abt Pin Jin..no. of cakes etc..hope they wont be any unhappy arguments...

I wonder if there will be a co-ordinator ard to take our feedback, show us the wedding favours and give us some more information on how the food will be served on the actual day..

ggoldfish

Hi to all who are interested for my wedding package at Marina Mandarin Hotel,

Please note that my wedding package for 15th May 2009 is no longer available for transfer. After further consideration, we will be postponing the date of our wedding instead as it is our dream to hold our wedding at our Marina Mandarin.

Sorry and seek your kind understanding regarding the earlier postings about the package transfer. Kindly refrain from contacting Marina Mandarin Hotel for further information regarding transfer of this package.

The hotel management and my coordinator have been very understanding pertaining to my issue and I take the opportunity to thank them here, as well as to offer my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

jelly_bean

hi Peach, ya hor..u r right ... haha ..
happy.gif

Btw, how many tables u have? Wondering if 23-24 would be too cramp ?

Hi Bay, during my food tasting, my coordinator is not around but there is someone else that attend to us. We are given a feedback form to fillup. So far so good. They didnt show us the wedding favor during the food tasting, probably another day ba
happy.gif

baylee

Hi Jelly_bean

Thanks...looks like i have to contact my co-ordinator again haha...seems like i am always contacting her very frequently...alittle paiseh

Actually I am also keen to know what is served for Malays..and if i fulfil the min tables..can i serve like dishes for 8 Chinese and 2 Malays hmmm...Anyone knows?

Well with regards to the inserts...i got my inserts together with the cards. The inserts were found and pack at the bottom of the bag. The inserts are not individually insertted in each card..so its pretty easy to bring it to the printer to print...
happy.gif

kappating

Hi dc, do you still need the details for 2009 wedding banquet? I have just signed up with Marina Mandarin today for Dec 2009 wedding banquet.

octo

Hi Kappating,

Congrats on settling with MM.

I am also having mine in Dec 09. Hee.. When is your dinner? Are you taking the grand ballroom / Vanda?

kappating

Hi ruachgall & Shir, I have attended the wedding show at MM yesterday. So we have decided to sign up the package. My AD is on 23 Dec 2009, we based on the date selected by the 'shifu'. We are taking the grand ballroom.

honeybunny

Hi Kappating... congrats.. we are having our AD on the same day at MM.. mine will be at Vanda.

Hello all Dec BTB.. how's everything? long time since i logg in.. busy busy with wk

jelly_bean

Hi Bay, if i did not remember wrongly, they will not serve chinese 8 and Malay 2. The Chinese food portion is for 10 person & they will not change. The coordinator suggested me to arrange for 10 chinese and 2 Malay/vegetarian (which means 12 in 1 table) and then we will top up $ for the 2 headcount. U might wan to re-confirm with your coordinator.
happy.gif

kappating

Hmm.... my package is actually quite standard. Free flow of beer and one complimentary wine for every confirmed table. No corkage charge and free usage of LCD projector. One night stay at bridal suite and another free room that I can keep for my wedding anniversary. I can send you the package details.

~sblbee~

hi bay,
wat jelly bean said is correct, they dun serve 8 + 2 ....u can consider 10 + 2 instead
happy.gif

kappating,
so lucky....is urs a wkday package? i dun have d free flow beer...

kappating

meiling5, ya mine is a weekday package. cos the weekend dates that shifu gave are already fully taken up. So we decided to take the weekday date that shifu has given to us. I realise that MM is abit inflexible because some of the perks they offered, we asked if we can swap with other things, they don't allow.
sad.gif

~sblbee~

kappating,
oic...no wonder u got freeflow beer, mine is a fri...considered a wkend package....btw, my AD is nxt fri, getting excited le :p who's ur coordinator? my coordinator is v nice n accomodating n im really glad dat she's helping me wif all d details
happy.gif

honeybunny

Hi Kappating... haha.. i think 23 Dec is good "weekday" cos is eve of Xmas Eve hence guest may be on leave or even on half working day on 24 Dec so it's holiday mood. Only thing is that pple may be out of town.

I sign up end of May and managed to enjoy the same perks as you as their April wedding show was just over. I think MM package already very comprehensive, nothing much to ask for already. =)

Hi Meiling.. Congrats to you. Do share with us your comments after the wedding ok

~sblbee~

jiaple,
yup yup i agree wif u, my colleague is holding his wedding on d 23 dec too but it holds a special signficance to them cos it's their anniversary...tis period supposed to b v gd cos ppl in a festive mood n most of them will b on leave so no issue even if it's a wkday
happy.gif
hehehe...but many will b away frm sg cos some may wana celebrate their xmas overseas esp those who r not locals :p
yah MM's package is alrdy v comprehensive...no prob, will share my comments wif u gals after my AD
happy.gif
hope i'll b a satisfied customer n everything will go well on dat nite
happy.gif

~sblbee~

kappating,
thanks for ur well wishes! i'll definitely share my comments n feedback wif u gals when my AD is over....cant wait now :p im sure all of us will b xin fu de xiao nu ren....jiayou!
happy.gif

cho

hihi..
anyone having AD 1st nov 08?

gosh.. it's only a few weeks more to go..! *panic*!!

to bay: like e rest mentioned, they cant do 8 chinese + 2 malay.. min per table is 10 chinese

hmm.. unless u do 8 individual chinese servings + 2 individual malay? (take it tat all 8 happen to sit at e same table lo?)

can not ah?

sleepydopeey

hi meiling,
congrault on your up coming wedding..must be pretty excited ya..mine is nov so feeling the jitters now..

for the inserts that a few brides are talking about it is actually at the bottom of the package. below the envelope..at fitrst i didnt noe tot they forgot to give..but later then i realise it is right at the bottom..heehee

~sblbee~

sleepydopeey,
thanks for ur well wishes! yah....im actually more worried than excited....all d best to ur upcoming wedding too
happy.gif

hehehe....so u've finished distributing ur invites alrdy....time to start getting response for ur rsvp soon
happy.gif

baylee

hi

I see...sighz...have to re-arrange the sitting arrangement again..

Well thanks jellybean and meiling for ya advice
happy.gif

kuwie

hi,

i have received the invitation card(to be chosen between the twos)... which of the two you all choosing huh? Red or white will be better? Also got to think of a place to print the invites for now..

cho

bay, have u checked with them if u can have 8 individual chinese + 2 other menu?
(alt i tink most prob not possible.. but worth a try!)

congrats to MeiLing too! AD muz be.. tis coming friday??

sunqian

kuwie,

I just received the invitation card samples too, I will be taking the red one, although it's red in colour, the design is modern, so not too "lao tu". I feel that the white colour one is a bit plain, so don't want lor.

~sblbee~

bay,
no problem....hope u'll b as happy wif MM as im cos they have been really v helping during tis period
happy.gif

hi cho,
thanks for ur well wishes! tm's my AD n im really feeling v excited...all my 1 yr n 6 mths of planning will all show on dat day :p

jelly_bean

hi kuwie, I took a mix of red relative & white for friends
happy.gif

hi all, anyone tried the pan fried chicken wif oriental source? how is the taste like? Choosen the Boneless chicken wif plum sauce during the trial n intend to change this dish.

Hi Meilin, best wishes to your wedding tml
happy.gif

kuwie

Hi Jelly_bean and sunqian, thanks for sharing. Maybe a mixture will be good
happy.gif

Think the next to plan is March-in, food tasting and sitting arrangement. My AD will be on the Jan 09, Vanda ballroom.. so excited
happy.gif

Dear all, care to share any march-in idea since MM Vanda is short??

~sblbee~

hi gals,
thanks for d well wishes! im back....it was really a great experience wif MM as everyone was so helpful n reassuring to make me less stressed up n assured dat my wedding goes on fine....my guests commented dat my food was really yummy n it was their best dinner ever....thanks to my coordinator wendy lou n her team to make our wedding a memorable one....hope u gals will feel d same way too
happy.gif

cho

meiling congrats!! glad to hear it turned out well!!

keke.. my coordinator oso wendy..
yikes.. mine's juz next sat!!!

hope it goes well too....

~sblbee~

hi gals,
yup, im glad everything had turned out well, juz a bit of hiccup as d food portion was not sufficient as d food was served....esp d sharksfin n yam paste, they each only had a portion but duno wat happened to d rest after d individual bowls r dished out...i remembered dat there were still lotsa after 10 pax was served during food tasting....so some guests r still hungry even after d event, i felt so pai say....u may wana take note of dat....den another thing is dat i had requested for d remaining food portion to b served in my hotel rm as i had no time to eat (only had d 1st dish n a few mouthful of yam paste but it was cleared away when i finished sending off my guests
sad.gif
) how i wish i cld get to try some after my event but to my disapptment, no banquet food came to my hotel rm n we were offered to order main course instead
sad.gif

hi it's my life n cho,
thanks! gd luck n hope dat u'll have a wonderful wedding banquet
happy.gif

colt_26

hi meiling,

thats weird. cos for my wedding the banquet mgr did save some of the banquet food (heated up) to be delivered to our suite after the wedding. so in the end, we ate the banquet food instead of room svc food.
we were quite glad to be able to try thr food since we did not have the time to eat during banquet.

perhaps future brides must stress on that point so they will rem.

octo

Hi Meiling,

Congrats to you! Wishing you a blissful life ahead with your new half.

And thanks for sharing your experience with us. I was pretty surprise to read that the food portion was not sufficient after dishing out the individual portion. Because my coordinator was telling us that their kitchen are very generous in serving proportions and could easily feed 12 instead of 10.

I'm also planning to eat the banquet dishes at the hotel room. Aww.. Think we need to highlight these 2 very important points to them.

Really appreciate your sharing.
happy.gif