Marina Mandarin Singapore

O

ohno

Enya,
We got them to print on the inserts, didn't want to spend extra $ on cards. Thought MM's cards are quite nice especially the ivory ones (which I got them for my wedding), unless they have also change their card design for 2003?

Calisa,
Have u placed deposit with MM yet? If yes, then u should be assigned with an events manager by now. As for the decoration, printing, menu...etc. they will call u 2 - 3 mths before your wedding to arrange for another meeting to confirm the details or arrange for food tasting (if any). Don't worry, your wedding is abt 11 mths away... plenty of time to relax cos MM is very well organised.

jasminetea

Hi All MM Brides,

Just to share
happy.gif
I just had my wedding at MM on Monday.

Everything was great! My event manager was Pauline and she had helped to ensure everything was in order. She passed everything over to a banquet manager (can't recall his name) during the event and he was with us all the time.

All my guests commented on the good food and service. Not forgetting the atmopshere too
happy.gif
Of coz, there will be one or two part time waiters/waitress which according to my friends are quite blur. But I guess this is very minor lah. Can't be helped.

Just a piece of advice, ladies. Do not request for additional food for your guests even you have more than 10 guests sitting at 1 table. There is no need to do so as their portion is quite big. More than enough for 11 guests. I ordered additional food and ended up, most tables can't finished their food. And also once you confirmed with them, they will not allowed you to cancel as they will place order for the food already.

So all MM brides, don't worry. U'll hv an enjoyable time with them
happy.gif

enya

hi jasminetea!!!

good to know everything went well for your wedding!! which ballroom did u hold your dinner at? what sort of dishes did u opt for the dinner? my bf and i are fighting over whether mee sua or ee-fu noodles or rice .. ahahahhahaha
happy.gif

i noticed that for the ballroom on level 1, the cocktail area tends to be v smoky, because the kitchen is nearby .. did anyone notice that?

yes, the cards are pretty nice ... but still hoping there would be newer designs for us to choose from! heard that for 2003, there might be new stage decor for us to choose from!!!
happy.gif

C

calisa

Hi gal

Thks for all the info.

Enya: I only liase with Pauline all the while not sure that there is also another event manager. Btw Can I have Daniel contact number?

Jasminetea: Glad to hear that everything went smoothly on ur wedding day.
happy.gif
Got a few questions to ask u.

1) Did MM call u to discuss abt the preperation for ur wedding?

2) How long did u need to prepare before ur wedding?

enya

calisa: please check your email. Daniel is the free emcee under SB forum. Please read the thread "free emcee" under "Anything Under The Sun"

jasminetea

Hi everyone
happy.gif

Enya,

I had my wedding at the 5th floor ballroom, Les Oiseaux.

This is my menu :-

King Prawn Cold Dish Combination
Braised Shark's Fin Soup
Crispy Roasted Chicken
Steamed Live Seabass "Nonya" Style
Panfried Prawns
Dry Scallops with Asparagus in Oyster Sauce
Braised Spare Ribs in Special Sauce
Fried Hokkien Mee Suan
Glutinous Rice Balls in Red Bean Paste

We chose Mee Suan 'cos it is something different lor. Feedback from guests tt it tastes wonderful
happy.gif
I had heard good comments on Ee Fu Mee too. So it is really up to u lah
happy.gif

Calisa,

MM started calling us 2 mths before our wedding to collect invitation cards and food tasting. 1 month before our wedding, Pauline met up with us to discuss all details. They are very professional, so u can trust them
happy.gif

Hmmm... actually my hubby and I started discussing about our wedding 2 years before. Then we just prepared and planned along the way. So I really can't tell how much time we need to prepare for wedding. But basically, 1 mth before the wedding is very busy
happy.gif

Cheers~

C

calisa

Hi Jasminetea,

Thks 4 the info. Have u gone 4 ur honeymoon? Any place in mind?

Just curious, did u engage someone to take photos on ur actual day? Cos looking for one now.

enya

calisa: i engaged someone to take phtos / video for us on actual day, bcos i think it's going to be happening on actual day, and i want to have something memorable to remember this special day with!
happy.gif

K

kk

hi enya,

can i ask who did you engage to do your actual day photo and video?

also looking for one! : )

enya

any idea whether MM has its own projector? do we have to rent our own projectors?

KK: my photographer / videographer was recommended by MM, he participated in the recent wedding show hosted by MM?

K

kk

hi enya,

who are your photographer and videographer?

Do you think they gave you better rates because MM recommmended?

enya

huh? no better rates just bcos MM recommended lar, its more bcos of the promotion they had, since they were participating in MM's recent wedding show!

O

ohno

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">JenJen!!</FONT>

Me still hanging around in SB forum once in a while, kinda get addicted liao. Have been quite free after my wedding, not much of things to look forward liao. What abt u? am looking forward to our next meeting and u can tell me abt your dinner and what epilson did to your hubby.. hehe, not forgetting your honeymoon too. My wedding was a success, though there's an empty table but the angpow money is able to cover it... heng ah..

jenjen

hi ohno, i guess epsilon did usually quite the same things for the wedding lah... my honeymoon was quite alright, except we've got a few damaged things... hehe... but still enjoyable...
happy.gif
as for the banquet... I had no empty tables cos I guaranteed 1 less than my guest list...
happy.gif

starfruit

How come no one ask me how have i been
sad.gif

*hint* *hint* to <FONT COLOR="0077aa">Ohno</FONT> and <FONT COLOR="0077aa">JenJen</FONT>

O

ohno

<FONT COLOR="119911">Starfruit</FONT>
won't forget u lah... don't worry. when will u be back in Singapore? looking forward to meet u, JenJen and rest of the ex-brides again.

sad

Hi MM brides,

Just got to know that MM is having a promotion, $639 nett per table for weekdays, plus free 2nd night stay, plus free flow beer, plus $200 dining voucher for SB member.

So sad, cause I book mine before the promotion.
sad.gif

jenjen

starfruit, of cos miss u lah... but dunno when u back mah... some more i quite bz nowadays so no read forum often... btw, when u arranging Daniel thingy??

Hi sad, dun be sad... speak to ur event manager and voice out your displeasure... see if they can help you or not...

sad

Hi enya &amp; JenJen,

Can't help being sad.
sad.gif

It is the latest promotion, it was on the homepage of SB.

Spoke to the event manager, but nothing can be done.
sad.gif

Sign.....

enya

aiyar ... nevermind lar, think of it this way, if u waited till now to book, u might not be able to get the date u wanted at marina mandarin, and would have to go somewhere else for ur banquet!!!

promotions are never ending ... so take it easily. u can't have everything in life!

dap

Hi starfruit and Jen
welcome back. My wedding is next thurs. getting excited.

Hi Sad
dun be sad. My coordinator mentioned that to me but there's nothing that they do cos i signed the contract. Worst, I didn't get any freebies like free flow of bear, free club membership etc. Like what enya said promotions are never ending. Just close one eye ok.

cowie

Hi dap,
Wow, it is your turn already
happy.gif
Here's wishing you all the best for your wedding
happy.gif
I know you will be very busy this entire week, but try to get tired during the day and sleep well at night
happy.gif
May you be a happy and radiant bride
happy.gif

Hi sad,
I know how you feel, I missed the free-flow of beer promotion during my time also...... See if there is anything in your contract which you can trade off or not, otherwise, just move on....dun let this affect your mood.... not worth it
wink.gif

dap

Hi Cowie

thanks for your well wishes;)very busy this week with RSVP and table arrangement. Need to confirm with hotel by sat before 9am. still have many things to do. trying hard to drink more water and eat Evening Primrose oil and vit C. pimple breakout on back but subside slightly. crossing my fingers.

cowie

Hi dap,
Dun worry too much. Just go with the flow....do things one at a time..... things will fall in place eventually
happy.gif

ah_girl

hi to all,

wanted to ask whether anyone did 2 presentation (one b4 the first march-in &amp; one b4 second march-in)?

want to know if it's possible. coz i know marina mandarin needs to remove the projector for the march-in.

Is it too inconvenient to set up again for the 2nd presenatation?

Pls advise.

Thanks!
happy.gif

binbin

hi ah girl, my fren did that. once b4 march in and once b4 second march in. her wedding is in Nov last yr. can check with MM. perhaps they know what to do....

enya

ah girl .. check with MM? i think can leave the projector at the side ... cos the screens are at the side of the ballroom right?

ah_girl

hi binbin, which ballroom did ur fren use?

guess will have to check with MM. But my ballroon is at L.O. not the main ballroom. So the screen is at the front.

thanks.

breadtalk

ah girl,
me kpo a bit.binbin's friend used the Grand Ballroom which is at the 1st level.

my wedding is this coming June and I will be using MM Grand Ballroom as well.

I attended the wedding at MM as well.
happy.gif

A

ah girl

hi breadtalk,

thanks for replying me!

i attended one at MM too but they only had 1 presentation.

r u having any? 1 or 2?

breadtalk

ah girl,

tentatively just one presentation as I got something more captivating
happy.gif

but might have 2presentations.can only decide
when nearer the date!

enya

hi everyone!

has anyone had the solemnization at Marina Mandarin before, especially if its on the same day as customary? is it better to have it during the actual banquet dinner, say around 730pm, or should i have it as a private function say around 6pm? if its going to at 6pm, is it going to be held at the ballroom, or do we have to book another function room? or can we do it at the poolside in the late evening? i am so confused!!!

how about tea ceremony? anyone did it at the hotel before?
happy.gif

jowie

enya...i had my solemnisation at MM poolside, just before dinner. Solemnisation starts 8pm and all guests arrived punctually...dinner was at poolside too
happy.gif

stormfall

Hi all,

Just had my wedding dinner at mm this month so thought I'd share with everyone our thoughts on it. We had ours in the ballroom with 50 tables...

1. The food overall was great according to our guests... they enjoyed it a lot (except for one dish.. see below)
2. The suite was on the 19th floor, the highest you can get without hitting the 20/21st floors which are the club class rooms. The suite is large, made up of 2 rooms... which is good cos it means we can change while guests use the other room etc. But the furnitures are old and badly in need of change (bed was new and hard!)... the carpet had old stains visible
sad.gif
The view from the suite was nice though... They said that they planned on renovation in 2002 but guess with the economic downturn they postponed it...
3. Some guests felt that the black garoupa we ordered wasn't garoupa but sea bass. We asked the hotel staff the next day (should have asked the night itself but we were too busy) and they said it was all garoupa. Perhaps future wedding people might want to keep an eye out for this, as apparently the price difference between the 2 can be substantial...

Our friends were kind enough to book us a shophouse suite in InterConti at Bugis Junction on our wedding night (a week before the dinner) and we preferred that room, but heard that the ballroom at the InterConti was quite small...

Can't have the best of both worlds I guess!!

Stormy

emi

Hi

Saw in the promo this month for Sgp brides, MM giving $20 discount per table. $739 nett per table for Sun Package.

Anyone booked with MM for your 2003 wedding on Sun@ $739?

Tot the price was $759nett.

enya

emi: like what u said, its the latest promotion. i missed out on that promotion, as i signed up with marina mandarin pretty early ...

antares

hi...
May I know had anyone attended wedding dinner at marina mandarin before? Can share with me what do u think of it? How is the food? What abt the ambience? Thank you..
happy.gif

B

bride-to-be

Hi

I like to find out whether is there recent feebacks for those who had their wedding banquet @ MM..
For example,how their food and services?
Wat about the ambience, especially those who had it at 5th floor ballroom, Les Oiseaux.

Anyone took up their current promotional package from MM?

blueberry_pie78

Hi

My sis just have her wedding 2 months ago....
while, just a few pointers that i wanted to make...
-My sis &amp; her MIL chosen MM because of its reputation and recommendation from other friends who metioned that the food was great ! Not many hotels have good food so we decided with the recommendation! and actual fact, it was fantastic!

- Me &amp; my sis went to look around for ballrooms in different hotel last year and was shown around in MM by this female mgr..she shown us the ballrooms . This female mgr put on a grumpy face... and this very old fashion suit... I was hesitate about MM because it looked old and run down and the mgr wear such a old fashion suit..(really scare that my sis's wedding will percieved old fashion by other guests)but we finally decided because of my sis's MIL persuasion and their good package &amp; food.

-As i was the coordinator for the wedding and my sis is always travelling overseas,I was quite disgusted by the manager who was in charge of my sis's wedding. The mgr was very rude and spoke loudly whenever we have conversation through phone.. mei da mei xiao(in chinese)!!!
the manager in charge of my sis's wedding was not helpful at all! ask for extra wedding cards but was unreluctant to give...(how much does a wedding card cost??? we can easily pay for it!!!) In the end, Me &amp; my sis was so frustrated that abt her attitude that we decided to purchase from KALMS ...

- of course, we are really not pleased with the service rendered by the mgr but we have no choice as it has been assigned long ago before we knew about the service of this mgr.

What to say??? not being pinpointing at this mgr but really upset....MM should consider training their staff ..... I heard from 2 of my church friends and they felt the same way too!!!
overall, the food was great!! but still, ballroom looked horrible..they need to do something about it. and of course, CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

B

bride-to-be

Hi blueberry pie

Tks 4 the feedback.appreciate it.

possible for u to share wif me the name of the mgr u're dealing wif tat time? in case mah!

let me know,if u're not comfortable revealing here,maybe we can discuss this further in private.
happy.gif