Marina Mandarin Singapore

linda

Congrats Jen Jen!!!!

Which date you booked? What kind of freebies are you getting from Pauline? I bet you tortured her right?! Kekeke...I think all brides-to-be like us all cheapskates...me also...kekekkekke

Dun worry abt your EG....Just make sure you know the table cloth is gold....Anyway, the theme might change for next year...so now we think is gold scali next year become blue...So no choice lor since the EG is done first...Or you confirm with Pauline what youwant first...Cos i think a bride so radiant looking like the table cloth would be funny.....

Hi Elaine

The things to look out for if you have <50 tables....They only give 50% off food tasting. 1 nite stay. The rest is pretty much the same. Try to bargain more more barrels of beer and invites. Parking coupons, cos of their parking system,almost all are FOC......
All the best!
happy.gif

jenjen

hi linda...
happy.gif

i bked 10 nov... wat abt u???
oso, if u book before aug this year, u get free flow of beer... so no need for elaine to bargain for more barrels of beer... as for the cards and carpark coupons... pauline seems quite flexible abt it, she say if actual day nearer really need more, she will give more... so we din ask for more...

elaine,

for ur info, we were very insistent that we dun want to pay for the food tasting, so pauline offer us complimentary for 6 persons, only 6 dishes including 1 desert, (i.e. 5 dish + 1 desert) to be picked from the menu... so no need to pay...
happy.gif
the original food tasting is oso for 6 persons, but u get all 9 courses of the menu... to us it does not make a diff...

oso... negotiate for her to bring down the no. of tables, instead of 50, so that u get an additional nite... u can ask her to show u the suite too... it's quite ok... just like 2 rooms, knock down adjoining door and 1 of them furnished like a living room...

GOOD LUCK!!!

linda

Hi Jen,

That's good! Actually we didn't ask for more too. Cos I have 60 tables so the food tasting comes in for free and honestly MM's package seems to be quite well packed so there seems to be nothing we could ask for isn't it? And yes, parking and invites she is VERY flexible...That's why we booked MM cos she is so nice! We took the 8% off rather than the free flow cos mine is on a weekday! So i think lesser people will drink.

Mine is Jun 2002.
Cheers!

elaine

Hi gals,

I met up with Beng Khoon the other day. He's a nice and humorous guy. But it wasn't easy for us to bargain for any extra freebies, although mine is on a weekday in Sept 2002 (in-between Linda's and JenJen's). Hmm, I guess I should try harder to ask for the additional nite stay or even the complimentary food tasting... I don't mind if it's for only 6 perons...in fact, that should be sufficient, since
Hubby + me + 2x(parents) = 6
heehee....maths formula

Anyway, I'll be discussing the menu and other stuff with our parents, and will get back to Beng Khoon next week regarding our booking.

Will keep you gals posted. Thanks for your advice!

jenjen

Hi, linda...

i din know abt the 8% thing... wat is it exactly???

great to know that u've all got ur slots...

How many tables are u having, elaine??

linda

Jen Jen

The discount coupon was found in a booklet that comes with Her World Brides March issue. Supossed for dinners held till April next year something like that but I ask for extension anf they gave me the the grounds that the min. tables I must have is 55. So if I have this 8% , I would get the free flow. But it is worth it cos only $597.10 per table!!!!

elaine

Hi Jen Jen,

I'm having 35 tables, which is the min. no. for using the whole ballroom on the first floor on a weekday. How about you?

I have the 8% coupon too, but it's only for weddings held before 31st April 2002. And I only have 35 tables, so no choice for me lor...

jenjen

*sigh*... I DUN have the voucher... *sob* *sob*... anyway my date dun fall before apr...
dun want to rush either...

weekend min no is 40... btw, u pple know wat is a montage??? is it some slide show for pple to watch during the wedding???

linda

Yup. Montage normally a 'show' conatining pics of both of you as children, then youth, then adults... Last time people used to do in in powerpoint. Now high tech liao!
happy.gif

jenjen

any suggestions how i can do the montage myself???
any particular software which is easy to use, yet looks good??? can recommend???

i really think pauline is quite professional and interested in the deal... as compared to other hotels i went to see...

some of the people were late, or made us wait for quite long after we inform the info counter... then we had to go to their stuffy and messy office to discuss... imagine, i get cooped up in my own office the whole day, still have to face the same kind of environment (damn sian...), and din even offer a glass of water to us!!!

i was really impressed wif pauline, coz she was the only one to wait for us for our first appointment... she even bother to carry the heavy laptop to show us the themes... second appointment, she came down in less than 5 mins...

sorry har... just making some complains after my "experiences"...
proud.gif

linda

Jen,

I think you can DIY for the montage. Using flash or something. I think they have a soft ware for such and buying the software at pasar malar isn't expensive at all.

Me too. Think Pauline is good....
happy.gif
Glad I took MM!

jenjen

hm... i think i will go and look see look see at any pasar malam for the shockwave flash...
proud.gif

linda, ur wedding in jun 2002, have u gone to ur bridal shop for ur dress yet???

jasmine

Hi all

I've oso been to MM &amp; discuss my package with Beng Khoon. He is very flaxible with all the items &amp; really a nice chap.

Dun noe if u gals noe abt tis : MM is hving a promotion now, if u can confirm your date b4 6 Aug 2001 u can hv the free flow of beer.

I only hv 20 tables so might b taking the 5th level ballroom but the ceiling is very low. However, MM still has the best deal in town.

But, 1 worry for me. MM is gaining it's popularity &amp; worry tat their svc will go down. U noe when a place gets too popular, they tend to overlook their svc. Any comments on tis?

Jasmine

angie

Hi Jasmine,

The free flow of beer is only for weekdays rite?

For 20 tables (same as mine), I think youy dun have to worry too much abt the service. Due to the smaller no of tables, it is more manageable.
happy.gif

linda

HI Jen,

I think I will start the designing of my gowns in August or Sept.....Photoshoot will most probably be in Jan 2002..
happy.gif

Hi Jasmine,

I think service is dependant on luck as much as Pauline tells me otherwise. They also depend a lot on part time staff so see you heng or not get those good ones. But I guess MM does have a reputation to protect so no need so worry lah. Afterall, it is the happiest day of your life so just enjoy!

jasmine

Angie
The free flow of beer is for both wkday &amp; wkend in Year 2002 so long as u book with MM b4 6 Aug 2001.

Linda
U r rite, tis is the happiest day in life. But huh, oso very stressful when come to preparation!!

Me &amp; my Hubby-to-be are caught in arguement sometimes. Oso lots of Headaches &amp; "Wise" decision to made.

Well, overall it's still fun.
happy.gif

jenjen

angie, just in case u dun believe jasmine, i just booked my banquet on a sunday and it is free flow...
happy.gif

angie

Hi Jasmine and JenJen,

Thanks for the info. I will check with Beng Khoon. I booked my package in Mar. At that time they din hv the promo, will see if I can get it.

Cheers...

cowie

Hi Angie,

I am in the same position as you. I booked my package with Irene in April and am also wondering if we can be entitled to the free flow of beer or not. Do let me know of the outcome of your negotiation with Beng Khoon, okie? Thanks! Will also keep you updated if I can get mine.....

jenjen

btw, has anyone gone through the wedding in MM???

how is the real cake??? is is good??? i.e. nice to eat, see, what flavour etc...

angie

Hi JenJen &amp; Cowie,

As I am paying the 2001 px, I din get the free flow of beer. However, I may change my real cake for an extra barrel of beer if necessary.

jenjen

hi angie,

so you asked beng khoon and he said no, izit?

din u argue wif him why new pple got better deals?
sad.gif

angie

Hi JenJen,

The promo is only valid for 2002 dinners at 2002 prices. I booked my 2002 dinner at the 2001 prices. It was a promo.

If you are paying 2002 prices for your dinner, do check with the sales personnel you booked with. You are probably entitled to it.

elaine

Hi angie,

Correct me if I'm wrong: According to Beng Khoon, the price difference between the 2001 and 2002 packages is only $1.

If so, isn't it more worthwhile to pay the 2002 prices and get the free flow of beer?

I will be meeting him again later this week... still can't really decide
lame.gif

sunny

hi,
i think it depends on when u sign up n whether there is any promo going on. i sign up in aug 2000 for 2001 wedding n at that time, MM was having the free flow of beer promo too.

jenjen

angie, i got the free flow... and mine is on a weekend... u better check that u are not short changed... especially after elaine says that the diff is only $1 per table... i agree with elaine that it seems more worthwhile to pay for 2002 prices and get free flow of beer than 2001 prices and have to pay another $500 for another barrel...

M

mo

Hi all,

I am currently considering MM and I am really encouraged by all your positive comments here
happy.gif
Me and fiance actually almost signed a pkg with Orchard Hotel on Tuesday, we negotiated for some things and the person had to get back to us later, and when she did, those things we asked for were not allowed. We found them pretty inflexible though we had like 50-55 tables. They didn't even want to give us an extra nite stay or free corkage for wine. Moreover, the cards were really cheena and we thought of doing it elsewhere, which means more cost. BUT THANK GOD!!!...I was going through some of the threads here yesterday and found out abt the promotion that MM was giving, so I kepoh call up to ask abt it for weekends...and guess what??? ...MM is giving away all those things that we bargained for at OH yet didn;t get, and we don't even need to bargain for those things at MM...hehe...When I saw the MM pkg, I was elated and it just struck me that "This is IT!!!". Talked to Pauline on the phone and she sounded really friendly and flexible. I didn;t even have to ask for many things and she straightaway gave me the complimentary food tasting for 10, free flow of beer and additional nite stay...when we had to bargain so hard for these things at OH and still didn;t get it...except for the food tasting for 10 which was part of their pkg. Will be seeing Pauline this Friday to talk over the deal and see what she has to offer us. And her service is very good and fast. She emailed me the pkg almost immediately when i asked for it. And when i called her while she was on the phone, she called me back immediately when she was done. I'm really impressed with her high service level and flexibility, all qualities of a good salesperson
happy.gif
We are really looking forward to meeting her tomorrow...most likely, we'll be signing up with her and forget abt the OH one...hehe...the lady is sure gonna be unhappy since she had to draft out the contract and in the end we are not signing...
lame.gif

Linda,
Would like to check with you abt the 8% thingie...what is it all abt and how does it work??? Will the voucher give u an 8% discount off every table or is it for a barrel of beer??? Need your reply soon as i'm abt to book with MM tomorrow evening. Thanks
happy.gif

linda

Hi Mo,

The 8% discount is for total banquet price. Which mean my per table on weekday is now only $597.10.
happy.gif
But of course, I dun get my free flow of beer cos it is an either or promotion. The coupon was found in last issue of Brides magazine. Pauline gave me an option of which promo to choose....kekekekek...She is nice isn't she? She is pretty flexible and kind and friendly...kekekkeke...I like her too...I believe she will make my day at MM great! Send my regards to her when you meet up with her!
happy.gif
When's your wedding?

adeline

HI MO,

I signed up with MM too. I got the free floe of beer and other complimentary perks.

Yes, you are right. Pauline is great. They have the real 3 tier cake, can exchange it for 5 tier dummy cake as well as additional night stay, but since you will have 2 nights stay, you can use that for something else, maybe day use room for your helpers.

Linda, how r u? wedding date set liao?

adeline
happy.gif

jenjen

Hi Mo...

Congrats on finding the PERFECT place to host ur banquet... Pauline is great... she's really flexible...

I think you should be able to get free flow... but I heard the 8% is only for dinners before Apr2002 and must be weekday??? Not too sure... but u need a voucher for it... I dun have...
lame.gif
Wat date are u looking at??

Linda, Adeline, what date did u book???

Mine's Nov 2002

cowie

Hi Mo,

I am also with MM! Just want to check with you, is yours on a weekday? You are really lucky to have the free food-tasting. Wonder if any other brides have that deal. For mine, I have to pay 50% of the original table price to do the food tasting for 10.

Hi JenJen,

I did not manage to get the free flow of beer. Was told that if I opted for the beer, I will have to give up other stuff which I requested for in the package.
sad.gif
But never mind lah, can't have the cake and eat it too, rite?! ;P

R

reebok

HI

I oso signed up with MM. I shld say that MM has got the best deal in town. The package itself is very comprehensive liao so only need to neg. for a few more things &amp; they're very flexible in giving out the "freebies" that we asked for.

Their price is very attrative given a 5 star hotel in town; their wkday is @ $668 nett but wkend is abit steep @ $788 nett.

Oso, their service is impressive. I called them for the wedding package &amp; I received it in < 5 mins time (via email lah); else others take their own time in getting back to me. Making so "gan chong"....

I got the free flow of beer as tat's their prom. @ tat time; oso exchanged the 3-tier real cake with a dummy + an additional nite stay.

So, y other Hotels when MM can offers so much??

In case if u're wonder I'm a sales person from MM since the comments are all positive. I must tell u, I'm just a Bride-To-Be &amp; very impress by MM Svc. Having said that I hope they do maintain their service level.

M

mo

Hi All,

Wah!!! I'm soooooo encouraged by all your positive feedback
happy.gif
Thanks a zillion
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi Linda,
Thanks for your quick reply
happy.gif
My wedding will be on the 7th July 2002. Actually, we had wanted our dinner to be on the 30th June 2002 since that is the date my fiance proposed, but MM is booked on that day already, so we had to change the date to the following week instead. I'll be meeting up with Pauline tonite...hopefully she will give me a good deal
happy.gif
...hehe

Hi adeline, JenJen &amp; Cowie,
My wedding will be on a Sunday. I've never met Pauline, but she sounded really friendly on the phone. I'm really looking forward to meeting up with her tonite and hopefully can settle this once and for all. She is really nice, I didn't have to ask for too many things as she is already giving me an extra nite stay, free flow of beer, free food tasting for 10, and all the perks that i wanted. So far, I'm not sure what else can I ask for...hmm...maybe may try to ask for 1st year anniversary stay or dinner, day room for my helpers...any other suggestions???

Well, take care and hope to hear from all of u again soon
happy.gif

sunny

hi girls,
i am also a MM bride n my wedding is next mth !
happy.gif
Pauline is really nice n flexible, n her service is pretty good. she always get back to me very fast n always ever ready to be there to help me with anything.

linda

Hi Gals,

So happy to see so many B2B of MM
happy.gif
happy.gif
Pauline is this small girl who's big on her service and smiles.... Mo, you will like her. Even after I paid the deposit and stuff, she is still nice to me and remembers us by name and months of dinner kekekkeke.......

Adeline, MIL nearly choose till Feb 2002! I nearly died..kekekke...but we selected 3 June at MM so waiting for Pauline to confirm with us if that date is available.

Now MM has offer leh! Brides-to-be out there dun miss, free flow beer for weekend packages and for every 20 tables booked (weekday packages) get 1 table FOC!!!! (From this issue of Her World Brides)..... And get it from all of us here that MM does provide the best package in the market isn't it? (HAhahahahah...I sound like a MM promoter...Pauline! Got discount or not?)kekekekke

jenjen

I wonder if Pauline reads this forum... maybe we should email her to read this thread...hehhe...

Cowie, I think Mo is confirming 50-55 tables... that's why she gets the free perks: additional stay, food tasting, etc all free... coz guarantee above 50 tables mah... For my case, I can only confirm 40 tables... so I dun get the free stuff, but if nearer the date, I can confirm more tables, Pauline will still give to me...
happy.gif

Mo, I tried asking for anniversary room/dinner, etc... but Pauline said it is not in her power to get it... Day room I never ask... maybe u can let me know how was ur discussion??? If you got any other things???
happy.gif

adeline

hi all,

wow, all MM brides here huh! My wedding is in dec 02, confirmed 40 tables with Pauline. I got anni stay in exchage for my real 3 tier cake, free flow beer. food tasting is 50% off, but if last guarantee tables hit 45, pauline will refund me the 50% which i paid for the food tasting. Hey gals out there, dun say I say one hor, Pauline will kill me!

others perks are quite standard, anyway, MM's pkg is soo complete already.

those who's considering MM at the moment, go for it. Service excellent, pkg complete!

cheers.

yvonne

Hi gals,

I've been reading this thread abt MM and is happy to hear so many positive things on MM.
Mine will be on a weekday in Sep 02, my estimated table at the moment is 45+
still sourcing for a hotel..
I've arranged to meet Pauline next Tuesday..hope we can work out something..
happy.gif

M

mo

hi gals,

will keep you all updated on my meeting with Pauline...hopefully will be able to get the anni nite stay...hehe...

Linda, i'll send her your regards tonite as requested
happy.gif

cowie

Hi JenJen,

Guess you are rite, I only confirm 40 tables so bargaining power not as strong as Mo lah! Moreover, I am keeping to the real cake, seems more special leh. But never mind, the deal is quite good already..... I am actually served by Irene, not Pauline like the rest of you.......

Hey Yvonne,
My wedding is also in Sept 2002, but is on a Sun. Guess what, my actual name is also Yvonne! Luckily didn't use it here otherwise can be really confusing!!

angel

Hi Mo,

Sorry to hear tt u actually wanted 30 June 2002. My future husband &amp; I have actually booked the date a few months back.... we both agree that Pauline is indeed a nice lady who is very helpful

Hi JenJen

No need to persuade her, because the 3 tier cake can be changed to one nite additional stay....I think we can opt for either one of them....just ask Pauline and dun be shy.

M

mo

Hi All,
My meeting with Pauline went fine. I have finally signed up with Marina Mandarin. I was so close to signing up with another hotel. Thankfully, I found out about the MM package and fell in love with it straight away.
We managed to change the real 3 tier cake for a another night's stay! Very happy with that. We have booked on the 7th of July.
MM really take cares of you. They give you food before the dinner and saves some food for you after the dinner too.
Pauline is really flexible. At some hotels, we had to bargain very hard. However, pauline is so flexible and willing to accomodate. Sometimes, you don;t even need to bargain. She will suggest it to you.
At present, we are getting only 1 night's stay becos we only confirmed 40 tables. However, I'm sure this will increase over the months to come and I would not be surprised if we hit more than 50 tables. once we hit more than 50 tables, then we would qualify for another night;s stay. JenJen, you're right. alot of perks can only be given if the numbers of tables is more than 50 tables.
For most of the other hotels that my husband and I have visited, we would go to the lobby, and the banquet manager would come down after some time when we called. Not for Pauline. She was already there waiting for us. In addition, when I called, she called me by name before I could say anything. She said that she had caller ID and recognised my number!!! This is what I call customer orientation and service! Well done Pauline, if you;re reading this.
OK. Got to go now. Going off to shop for wedding band with my husband. Ciao.

yvonne

Hi Cowie,

wat a coincidence! hope u r not a Libra as I m??
kkeke

i'll be meeting Pauline tomorrow and also, going to Pan Pac on wed to have a look..

cowie

Hi Yvonne,
Nope, I am a Cancerian.......
happy.gif

Hi Mo,
Since you only confirmed 40 tables did you still get those perks like free food tasting and free flow of beer?

cowie

Hi Adeline,

Nope, I also have to pay 50% for the food tasting. But Irene did not tell me that if I can reach 45 tables she will refund me the 50% leh..... That is why I am interested in knowing if Mo got the free food tasting.

I am keeping the real cake, so no 2nd nite stay as well....... but okay lah, real cake seems more special and my FH also wants the real cake
happy.gif

M

mo

Hi Cowie,

We are quite certain that our guest list will hit 500 and above, so those perks will come automatically then. Pauline was really nice to suggest that we confirm a smaller number first coz it's easier to increase the number than to reduce it later on. We will still get the perks once we confirm our guest list of 500+.

Hi Yvonne,

Guess u must be the one who's gonna see Pauline soon rite? She asked me the other day if i have a friend called Yvonne coz u called her to ask abt the perks they were giving me. As I don't know any Yvonne who's getting married, I guessed it must be someone on the forum. Don't worry, u won't need to bargain too hard as Pauline is very flexible. I'm sure she'll give u the same perks as anyone else. She's a very nice lady.