Mandarin Oriental Singapore

pebble

Hi Kelsey,
Sorry din reply u earlier... I'm still very amazed and captivated by ur pics everytime i see them...
bounce.gif

Hi ladies, did any of u sign up for the wedding show using the coupon from Her World Brides?... Have u received the invites yet?... Wanted to ask Melanie abt it but realised she's on lve and wont be back till next wk!...
uhoh.gif

I left a msg for Agnes but no reply from her lei... sigh... Really hope i can receive the invites in time...

fizz

Hi Pebble...u can fax it by 12/04 I tink...jus faxed mine today 2...Melanie'll b back on 14/04...guess these invites tingy are quite flexible...as long as u inform em...

pebble

Hi Fizz, thank u for ur reply... I actually sent mine in mid Mar... cos i KS mah... kekeke

I asked Melanie abt the invites a few wks back, she said since i'm a client of Oriental's, i need not mail/fax in, just call her n she can send me the invites straightaway... quite touched.

I think the response must be quite overwhelming cos it's free... so maybe the team is having a hard time sorting and preparing all the invites n set up etc... must be lah or else cannot be so long liao i still haven receive my invites... Or maybe i'm simply too impatient...
lame.gif

Ok anyway i hope to see u ladies at the show!

gawain

Hi Kelsey,

Thanks for the pics! it's great! You look really good. Glad that you like David's work cos he'll be doing my make up and hair as well.

Cutie,
How come you moved the wedding to mid-may? when did that happen? it's only about a month to go. you must be sooo excited!

jul_04

Hi Fizz

Thks for the advise. Guess it's kind of ridiculous to exchange ice carving for additional nite's stay! Shd make a list of all the things I dun want & exchange them.

Hi bunny, pebble, fizz

Guess we'll c each other at the bridal show coz I'm gog too. But I got the invite just 2 days after I called Melanie. She's very prompt right?

Hi gawain

Who's David Lim Lee? Is he a designer at some bridal, or is David Lim Lee a shop? Paiseh, so ignorant...
blush.gif

pebble

Hi Jul 04,
Ya Melanie's very good... Thank God i have her as my coordinator.

Agnes just called me and said the response for the show is overwhelming and she still has many invites not sent out yet... She asked me not to worry even if i do not receive my invites cos my name's already captured in their data...

Just hope the show ll be good... Btw since this show is free... any idea whether got food???... kekeke... sorry i very greedy one...
proud.gif

gawain

hi people!

Jul 04, Daivid Lim Lee is better known as a make up artist in the forum, but he designs WG and EG on a freelance basis. He does not have a shop, but works out of the same studio as Photospace. Great guy, nice to talk to, absolutely no hard sell. If you are interested in meeting him you can contact him at 98267887. Tell him Clare recommended you.

Pebble, last year's show had food, so I think this year will have food as well. try their cakes! they are ab fab!

Bortei, Cutie 22 and Kelsey,
I went for my 2nd fitting last weekend and my final fitting just yesterday! David has put in the finishing touches to the gowns and they are just absolutely gorgeous!

Also had my make up trial with the final fitting inclusive with all the accessories. The make up was great too! Very natural but at the same time very glamorous.

He had different accessories for each different outfit. His attention to details is amazing. It's such a pleasure working with him cos he is so professional and really reduces a lot of my stress because I know the gowns are going to turn out beautiful, and he's going to give me the effect I am looking for.

David is great.. he even surprised me with an extra gown (for cocktail)! I am incredibly happy working with him. The make up and hair was just beautiful. My hair is still short (just above shoulder lenght)but he still managed to put it up. The total effect is just GLAM! Can't ask more more TRULY!!!

Cutie 22, you must be sooo excited! it's only a few more weeks to go! What have you left to do? If you need help, just let me know.. more than willing to help. How's the photo shoot? when are the photos ready. Can we get a glimpse of the photos? you must look wonderful, like a fairy princess!

Bortei,
When are you picking up your invitation cards? We'll me doing the food tasting sometime next month. I'll let you know how the food is.

C

chassiel

Hitz all,

I am new here but I have attended the wedding show yst. I sign up wif oriental and GI. Getttin reali excited! The show is impressive and the food is reali good. So basically, I am quite comforted wif mine choice and is reali lookin foward to. I also tink tat oriental provide good service, they are quite flexible on most things. Aniway, good luck to all of u and I am beri glad to noe tat there are so mani oriental brides here.

cheers!

fizz

Hi Chassiel

I went for the fair too...didn't c the GI show tho as I knew tat was not wat I wanted...finalised some details wif Melanie and I'll hv time to decide till 30/04. When's yr date? Which package did u get?

Did anyone actually c the flowers center pieces at the other rm?...need to add $ 4 those arrangements issit cos the ones I saw previously were quite plain...also the bear favours were quite nice...anyone knew the quotation 4 em?

C

chassiel

Hi Fizz

Mine date is on the 5th of Nov, its a weekday. And the flower arrangements tat u r referin to is the VIP tables izit? Well, I dont tink I am so particular abt tat cos the other time I went to c their setup, it was pretty well done. And I thought their favours is actuali pralines or potpouri?
So how did u find the food yst? I hope their standard can be maintained as to the actual dinner. Also I need to add on tat Melanie is reali
nice compared to those tat I had previously approached. By the way, when is your date?

fizz

Hi Chassiel

Mine Mar next yr...wkday 2...yes...Melanie is nice and efficient...there's a few bears & chopstix favours at the show but Melanie said tat those r addn items sold by the supplier...std pkg incl only potpourri & pralines...btw...didn't c any food there leh...mabbe I was in a rush...

bortei

Hi Gawain!
wah!so excited for u! you are making us drool with descriptions of yr gown! bet it must have looked lovely. so happy for u! hey, got any pixs, email us leh!

i will be collecting my cards at the 3rd week of May. we have decided to use the recommended printer from oriental. so melanie will send the invites down to the printer directly and we will liase thru email for vetting of text etc.

but we have yet to decide on which colour to use, maroon or the cream coloured card.

hey gawain, sorri if i missed it, have you went for yr PS yet? if not, when and where?
happy.gif

bunny

Hi Fizz
There are 3 types of bear, groom, bride and normal bear. The normal bear (the one with the ribbon) is $3.50 each. The groom & bride I forgot the price. But i know you have to buy a pair for these 2. Did you see the spoon? I thought it's quite cute.

Hi Chassiel
The food was not bad but i don't really like the shark fin. Did u like it?

fizz

Hi Bunny...didnt c the spoon but saw the chopstix...can get six pairs in Thailand for abt SGD8...was tinkin of doin my own favours...mabbe get lobang fm my co corp gifts supplier...so did u sign up???

C

chassiel

Hi Fizz...so u still hav ample time to prepare for your wedding huh? U sign up wif ani of the bridal olreadi? Mi goin for mine first appt next tues, gettin kinda nervous n excited.

Hi Bunny, I didn't try the shark fins. so wats wrong wif it? Izit too cold or wat? Aniway, I like the king prawns but hubby said to opt for the scallops instead cos we b havin the lobster and prawns cocktails
sad.gif
And when is your big day?

bunny

Hi Fizz

Wow... 6 pairs for SGD8 is cheap. You want the chopstick for the 2nd praline, is it? Yeah.... we finally signed up. You still got 1 more week to decide whether want sign up or not ....

Hi Chassiel
The shark fins was cold and i found there was something missing from the taste. Maybe bcos it was cold so the taste wasn't there. The chicken soup tastes nice though....
Yeah... i also like the king prawns. Yummy huh?! The lobster & prawn cocktail looks presentable, my hubby likes it too. We still don't know whehter we want lobster or bbq platter.
My wedding is Sep this year.

Did you guys tried the chocolate?

tiara

Hi bunny

I think the choc's quite unique - fan-shaped. Not sure if they will be the same for the actual favors.

I tried the food but was not impressed and am getting quite worried...... saw the presentation of the deep fried fish too - the color of the gravy looks very red hence not very nice. Anyone here have gone for their food tasting - any comments?

p.s Hi Gawain, Bortei
happy.gif

gawain

Hello Hello!

Tiara, how are you? are you bz at work still? when did you go for your food tasting?

Mine is next Sat and I've yet to send the menu to Agnes yet, but I strive to do so tomorrow! I've been assured that the food should be good.. will let you know next week when I've gone for mine.

Bortei,
No photoshoot yet. Next Friday is scheduled for photoshoot. I hope the weather will be good. I'll put the pics online when it's ready so you can take a look at them when they are ready. Dunno where tho.. I have not thought about it yet... any suggestions? David suggested Chinatown cos I have a cheongsam for the tea ceremony...

When are your photos ready? can see?

have you decided where to go for your honeymoon yet?

tiara

Hi Gawain

Work is better now
happy.gif

I went for the bridal show last Sun and sampled some of the food they presented.....

Will pray for good weather for your photoshoot. Chinatown - that's nice. And yes, so apt for your cheongsum.

feb

Hi Gawain

Ya do let us know on the outcome of your food tasting..A bit worrying since got comment that the food is no good...

Do share with us your beautiful photos once it is ready..Good luck

gawain

Hi Tiara,

Glad that work is better! Do take care of yourself.

Last year's show was really good and the food there was great as well.. can't understand why this year's is not so good.

thanks for keeping me in your prayers!

How's your wedding prep coming along? How's the gowns and all?.. Divine.. Love their gowns.. and the low low back!!!! they were one of my shortlisted boutiques but I decided I really wanted to keep my gowns.

Have you planned for your honeymoon yet?

Feb,
Yup, will definitely post my feedback on the food tasting here. =)I hope it's good though. How much preparation have you got to do for your wedding?

feb

Hi Gawain

Not much preparation that I have done so far...Now with this SARS issue flying around us everyday...Dun really have the mood to prepare liao...Hahaha....How about you?

bortei

Hi Tiara!
glad to hear from you..what are some of the dishes you sampled?

hmm, quite surprised to hear abt the food being not that good, as what gawain said, last year i was pretty impressed by their food....hmm.

hey Gawain, chinatown sounds pretty suitable for the cheongsum. what is the colour of your cheongsum?

My PS shots are out and we selected 66 pixs in all!!! so far pretty happy with their services. unfortunately can't scan the proofs yet as we selected on the spot and the album i reckon will only be ready in june. dunw orry me will surely show u guys!!!

honeymoon ...we did discussed, intially it's turkey but now with the current war situation, i am also not sure, maybe NZ...

what abt u ? yr wedding is drawing nearer and nearer, what do you have in mind?

tiara

Hi Gawain

Nothing much to do for now....going for my design session very soon. Honeymoon...yeah talked about it but have yet to decide - Mauritius, Down Under, Phuket
happy.gif

Hi Bortei

I tried the sharks fin soup, cod fish and the deep fried prawns, jelly fish....

bortei

hi tiara
how do u find the cod fish?
we are going to select that fish, cos i think it's something diffrent...

vicki

Hi,

Am considering Oriental Hotel. Was wondering if it is easy to negotiate for more freebies (or price reduction) with the hotel?

Also, do u guys happen to know if we were to book about 25 tables, can we get the main ballroom on the first level?

tiara

Hi Bortei

The cod fish was ok - but it was very cold (could be due to the air con since they left it there for a while already). I may choose cod fish too but need to look at the presentation.

Hi Vicki
I think it will not be a problem to get the main ballroom if your wedding date does not fall on the peak period. But do check with your coordinator.

C

cutie22

Hi gals (esp Bortei Khan, gawain, tiara and Obride),

I m back. Sorry for not responding to your emails. Simply too busy.

Gawain, guess you missed our emails. I brought forward my wedding cos my mum had passed away and we had to rush within 100 days. It was unexpected and i was really feeling down for a long while.

Anyway, I had chosen my studio photos and am quite pleased with the results. Chosen 50 photos and will get all my sample photos back. Cant wait for the album to be ready.

I also ROM on Sat. So now i am Mrs. Hubby said can bully me liao cos i had officially signed the papers. Haha. True colours.

Met Oriental florist on Sunday. Wanted a blue and white theme. She told me hydraegens (spelling?) are not in season now. So sad. Will be meeting her on Tuesday and she will show be two floral centrepieces for me to decide.

Anyway, pls do not email to my company's email address anymore. Pls forward all emails to [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from all of u!

bortei

Yo Cutie!
congratulations on yr ROM!! haha, yr hubby very funnie siah! but i believe he will sayang u very much leh!!

hmm...did agnes arrange for the meet up with the florist? melanie never mentioned anything leh. she just mentioned i can only choose pink roses or gerbaras..for other flowers, i will need to top up $$$.

have u decided on yr wedding favours? potpourri or pralines?

glad to know abt yr PS pixs!!! i fully understand yr excitement as we went to view ours last week! very pleased with the results too! we selected 66 pixs. but album will only be ready in june. will show u guys then.

hey, if possible must email us yr pixs ya!

think gawain's PS is this friday. Good luck Gawain and keep us posted okie.

yan

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and hope to find out more about Oriental's service and the overall quality.

Understand that Oriental just had their bridal show recently, can anyone share with me the package?

I am also thinking of holding my solemnization ceremony at the poolside as well... Has anyone done it before? Is it nice? Any photos and experience to share?
smile.gif

Really appreciate some advice here..
biggrin.gif

C

cutie22

Hi Bortei Khan,

I met up with Agnes to talk abt the ballroom deco. Think bcos my request was different fm the normal roses or gerbaras that's y she arranged the florist to meet up with me. I'm sure u can request to meet up the florist. I know that for certain flowers, wll need to fork out extra $. But really depends on wat type of flowers u chose.

I chose the potpourri and bcos i requested for a blue and white theme, the potpourri pouch will be blue too, instead of the normal red and white. They are pretty flexible, i should say.

Wah!!! U chose so many photos huh!!! Must hv turned out really good!!! So eager to see your photos. How much more did u pay? Once i got the cd-rom, will try to email to u guys!

tiara

Hi Hi Cutie!!

Glad to see u back in the forum. Your Big Day is drawing so near - you must be very busy and excited now. How did you food tasting go?

When did you meet up with Agnes to talk about the decor of the ballroom? Will she call us closer to the date or must we arrange to meet her? Can't wait to see your pix - do share your ballroom pix with us too when ready.

All the best to your countdown
happy.gif

bortei

Hi yan
so far i suppose we are pretty okie with oriental's services. however we( cutie, tiara and gawain)yet to have our dinner ...so we hope they can deliver their services!
i think it's best that you contact either agnes or melanie and to meet up with them to discuss.
good luck!

bortei

Yo Cutie!
yr theme sounds cool leh! glad that you know what you want...for me, i know nuts abt the type of flowers i want and let alone the theme. i might just stick to the pink roses.

ya , we 2 were also surprised when we counted the pixs and realised it was 66!! i will not say all are very nice lah, we do like it. When we looked at the pixs, it really brought back fond memories of the PS , so we ended up with 66 lor. so far we are pleased with their services.

we top up 500 bucks to make it magazine style.i think it's pretty standard over there.

wah, yr YC provides you with the CD ROm? so good.

hey woman, what abt the wedding cards? you using yr own design or the oriental's cards? if so, which colour and which printer?

melanie was telling me if i decided to use jasvy, (oriental's preferred printer), jasvy has the cards with them.

C

cutie22

Hi tiara,

My food tasting is good. Oriental is v flexible and allows changes here and there. For example the mushroom dish, we commented the dish looks too plain, and the chef agreed to add on some greens for us with no additional charges. Oh yah, we were impressed with the king prawns. The presentation is really good and taste yummy too.

We called Agnes in late Mar and she said usually she'll call the couples one month prior the the month of the wedding. True enuf, we met up wif her in 1st week of may. So dun worry, she will call. When is your wedding huh? I forgot....

Hi Bortei Khan,

We also used oriental's preferred printer. Printed only 150 cards (my family not sending), tink cost abt $180. Chose the beige cards as my hubby's family preferred that design (personally i preferred the maroon ones). But b careful leh. When they faxed over to us the trial copy, there are many many many mistakes!!!! Nearly vomited blood!!! "Friday" spelt as "Firday"!!! So u must really go thru the wordings. However, they were quite prompt in their services.

bortei

Yo Cutie!
glad that agnes really delivered her services to u !!

hey, i didn't know the maroon and beige cards are different in their designs. hmm...

okie dokie, thanks for the tips. will pay more attention to the wordings!

so when's yr Guo Da Li? have you done yr sitting arrangement?

tiara

Hi Cutie

Glad that the food tasting went well. Now I know we can ask to make little changes here and there. My wedding far away..hee Dec.

Hi Bortei

Must remember to show us your photos when ready
happy.gif
Must be very nice - you are quite photogenic I remember. Can't wait to see Cutie and Clarice's pix too.

C

cutie22

Hi all,

Just back from meeting with oriental florist. Looks like my blue and white theme is not feasible.
sad.gif
Like i said, blue hydraegens are not in season. The florist showed me the 2 blue floral centrepiece but i dun really fancy that. Colour is too light. Wont stand out. Sigh... so disappted... But the florist is extremely helpful. She suggested alternatives as she wanted me to be really satisfied with the end results. So i made appointment to see her again on Friday. Wish me luck!

My Guo Da Li is this coming Sat. Ask u guys, does An Chuang follows immediately on the same day after Guo Da Li?

Yes, the maroon and beige cards are different. I tot we told u quite a few times liao? No meh?
uhoh.gif

bortei

hi cutie.
har? think me blur blur liao. i also forgot to ask melanie to show me the cards when i met up with her last month.

for an chuang i think it really depends. My An chuang is abt 4 days before my wedding date. thus abt 1 mth apart from my guo da li.Cos once An Chuang, cannot touch the bed liao til the big day.

okie. keep us posted on yr meeting with the florist! she sounds like a very nice lady leh.

babbit

Bortei,
The invites in maroon n beige (actually a bit pinkish) r very different in design. The beige ones r more the normal usual designs we see, the maroon ones give a more oriental feel. My hubby prefers the beige ones whereas i like those in maroon. So Agnes says we can half of each if we want to.

C

cutie22

Hi Babbit,

Just to let u noe that u will hv to pay extra if you are printing half half. Cant really rbr how much though...

O

ob-rider

hello gals!!! hello Bortei, Tiara, Cutie, Gawain!!! I'm so sorry for MIA for so long... been really busy, attending full day classes for Oracle for the past 1 month, now got 4 certification exams to take. Long overdue anyway, was planning from July last year!!! I hope after spending money on the classes, I'd be motivated and clar all 4 exams in the next 2 months. :)

Wow, your wedding dates are drawing near at last isn't it!!! when we first started chatting you gals were saying the dates are so far away... now everything is going to happen very fast..... be prepared and stay calm :)

Cutie, about 2 weeks more!!! tingling with excitement ya? so happy for you.

mango

Hi all

m considering Oriental.
Could any one share abt their chinese food std?
So far, how is the services during the dinner?

Tks much.

yan

Hi Gawain,

Read from your messages above that you had David Lim Lee as your designer for your gowns. I am really interested in engaging him as well.

Are you able to share more of your experiences with me? How much is your package with him? I really wish to find out more about his services and quality and design of the gowns..
happy.gif
Perhaps you can email me @ [email protected] so that we can have a more detailed discussion...
happy.gif

yan

Hi Ladies,

I understand that Oriental had a special promotion during the bridal show that has just passed. Can anyone share with me the details of the package? Is there any limitations, ie, do you need to have a minimun number of tables, or to hold the dinner before a certain date? Can anyone help??

Hi kelsey,

I am not too sure whether are you still active in this thread or not, but I am really interested to find out what u have done to personalise your wedding dinner at Oriental.
Are you able to send me the link to your photos so that I can take a look as well...
happy.gif

bortei

Hi Obride!
so happy to see you back.
wah, you very hardworking, really make full use of yr time. i think i am getting more and more lazy...everytime free i will just 'nuan' at home.

anyway, glad you are having a good time with what you are doing? how's married life with yr hubby?

Gawain, how's yr PS?

Cutie, how was yr meet up with the florist?

C

cutie22

Hi gals,

I'm left with less than 2 weeks to my wedding!!!! Getting more excited everyday.... Hope everything will turn out fine...

I'm now doing a powerpoint slideshow for the wedding. Been spending sleepness nights doing it. Very tiring but very fun...

Since the blue & white theme is not feasible, I'm abit xian liao. So will go with the pink and white roses as recommended by the florist. But the florist is very nice. Went an extra mile to make sure I'll be satisfied with the results. So i'll leave it to her to do up the deco.

Will be collecting my gowns next tuesday and the hand bouquet next thursday. Oh no!!! It's really vvvv sssoooooonnn.....

O

ob-rider

Cutie, i know how that feels!! oh... sweet memories...... :) where u going for honeymoon? and where u staying after marriage?

so when do we get to see all your PS? Prob will be after Cutie's wedding earliest b4 we can meet up ya? Gawain's PS was last week is it? Bortei when u collecting your photos? Tiara, how abt yours, when is it?

C

cutie22

Most likely will be going to banyan tree for honeymoon. Promotion now so v worth it. It's been my dream honeymoon destination all the while...
wink.gif

I'll be collecting the CD Rom for my photos on Wed. Actual album will b nxt wk. Will see whtr can download and show u guys.

excited excited excited...
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif