Mandarin Oriental Singapore

P

pikaa

Hi Bear,

Think the rates for this year is $678nett for weekdays and $798nett for weekends. but probably can check whether can get the rates offer at the bridal shows and freebies or not...

Pebble,

can update me whether u get any more freebies after u've talked to Melanie??
I like to noe would they still be as accomodating even after we've paid the deposit....
When's ur confirmed date??

pebble

Hi Fizz and Pikaa,
Sure ll update u after i speak to Melanie... Although met her only once but kinda like her lei cos i find her very stylo... kekeke... dunno why but just like her... come to think of it we din really speak much to her when we met up last Dec...
lame.gif

Actually is it abit too late to speak to her during the wedding show or should i call her soon?...Hmm... dunno how to bring it across man...

Anyway my wedding and dinner would be the same day... 15 Nov 03, Sat.... Need a Sat cos my church only conducts weddings on Sats... We're planning to hold a wedding ceremony at the foyer, abt an hr before dinner... It's kinda romantic... kekeke

bridetobe

Kelsey,

I'm glad I come across your comments as I just checked out Oriental's pool garden and am keen on having my solemnisation there too. Could I know whether you've gotta pay for the usage there? And was it pretty dark by the time to do the solemnisation?

Glad that you are happy with your wedding and would appreciate your reply.

kelsey

Hi pebble, fizz, pikaa, chicory and newhebe,

I've just sent the link to you. Only had time to load up the photos. No time to put in all the captions yet. But all the dinner, set-up, morning photos are there.

babbit

Hi Kelsey,

I'm having my banquet in Oriental in Sep. For the flowers, candles n cake u have mentioned. Do u need to pay extra on top of the package?

fizz

Hi Pebble

Giv her a tinkle lor...no harm...rather than have it botherin u all day long!...at least u know whether it'll b a yes or no...and tink of strategies to get more bargains...hee hee...
biggrin.gif
...GOOD LUCK!!!

kelsey

Hi babbit,

I had to pay extra for the cake because I wanted a real wedding cake to serve all the guests. As for the candles, they were provided by me. I bought them at Ikea. I did not want the ice-craving so they said they could upgrade the flowers. For the flowers, I did not have to pay extra but you need to speak with your coordinator about that...it depends on the type of flowers and what you want. They did tell me that there may be extra charges but after my discussion with the florist, they said my requests were ok so no extra charge.

fizz

Hi Pebbles

Y dun u giv Melanie a call...at least u'll noe if it's a 'yes' or 'no'...rather than guessing all day long...can better make use of time to tink of odder bargains...hee hee...
biggrin.gif

pebble

Omigod Kelsey... ur pics are so lovely!!! Bet it must ve been an intimate, lovely and romantic affair!!!... I must realy salute u for putting in so much hard work!... I'm really impressed by the menu n invites which u did urself...

The whole set up was lovely and simply breathtaking!... Love ur cake too!

The pics were well taken too... but just one thing, how come pics of u and ur groom were not inside?

Fizz, i asked Melanie liao... she say can ve free flow beer lei... so happy!!!!
biggrin.gif

wa really like her more n more liao... kekeke... I'm really very excited man!

fizz

Kelsey...Yr fotos are "WOW"!!!
bounce.gif
ABSOLUTELY HEAVENLY!!! Can c tat so much effort had been put in...right down to the smallest details like the names of your tables...and THE CAKE!!!...it looks HUGE...did Oriental make it for u??? How much was it?

Thanx for yr fotos!

Pebbles,
If u l@@k closely at the fotos, u can c kelsey and some of her baby fotos (I tink)
wink.gif

P

pikaa

Hi Kelsey,

ur pics are.... AWESOME!! guess u and ur hubby must have put up a lot of effort on the preps and of course putting up all the photos!! and I must say u r a very beautiful bride and ur hubby, Dave, very the handsome leh!! kekeke... very matching!! =D

Pebble,

Good for u, like tat save a lot of $$ oraedi leh... hehehe... btw, u can view Kelsey's other wedding photos from Kelly Lee's album. =)

kelsey

Hi girls,

Thanks for the compliments. I'm blushing! You can view the other photos from the album. There's a drop down box on the top right hand corner where you can select which album you want to see. I've put them into different categories like Tea ceremony, outdoor etc.

Fizz, the hotel made the cake for me. I was told that I'm not allowed to bring in a cake from an outside vendor. I had 14kg but only the top 2 tiers are real. The bottom is fake so that the cake will look big! That was suggested by the chef. It was $45++/kg so I paid between $600 - $700 for the cake. The cake was so yummy that one of my friends had dreams about it and kept asking if I still had some more at home.

Pikka, I'll make sure that I'll let Dave know that you think he's handsome.
happy.gif
He always say that I don't appreciate his good looks enough!

Well, I had to do alot of the stuff myself. Men...can't really get them to do that many things otherwise they will complain but I think he saw how stressed out I was near the wedding so he started to put in more effort without me saying anything.

If any of you do need some help with designing a theme...I can provide suggestions and help with the design of invites or favours. Just need to give me some lead time.

pebble

Hi Kelsey, Fizz and Pikaa,
Alamak... noe wat?... I only clicked on wedding details and din see the rest, no wonder i din get to see their faces and other pics... kekeke... sorry sorry pai say ok
lame.gif

Kelsey, what do u do?... How come u ve lobangs for invites and favours?.. Tot of becoming a wedding planner?... kekeke

Your wedding look so fun... Are your in laws residing in S'pore?... Do u ve plans to hold another wedding ceremony for Dave's frens n relatives in NZ?

T

tieknot2004

Hi Kelsey, Can i view your pics too pleaseeee? Understand that you are very happy with your makeup by David Lim and the phot album from KC too? Will really like to view your pleasures! I am planning for mine in 2004 too. Thanks!!

[email protected]

D

deidre ang

Hi Kelsey,

Me too... can i view the pics too.......me planning mine in early 04.

fizz

Heh heh...thanx, Kelsey, 4 yr offer...I'm reellie bad when it comes to creativity...I may need some help on the theme...

I want to have a wedding cake...was tinkin of askin my FH's fren to help...as her chef was fm Marriot...dun tink can now...

kelsey

Hi Pebble,

I'm actually doing admin work...boring stuff so no actual lobangs but I did so much research for the wedding that I now know where to find certain stuff! Also got a friend who's really good with craft work. She's the one that made me the cake topper. I also found out during the wedding that I'm quite good at designing cards, stationary and coming up with ideas so I thought that it'll be fun to help some brides because I know how difficult it is to have a wedding of your dreams but save $$$ at the same time! hehehe...one of my hubby's friend actually offered to pay me to plan his wedding when his turn comes around!

My in-laws are now residing in Australia. One wedding in Singapore is enough....2 weddings will be so expensive! Besides, his family and friends are scattered all over the world...most are no longer in NZ so no point having it there. We had about 10 of his family and friends who flew in for the wedding which was really unexpected.

kelsey

Hi Fizz, if you really need help, don't hesitate to ask. For the cake, can try to ask your coordinator...just tell her that your relative is a chef and she wants to bake you a cake as a wedding present. See what she says.

Hi Tieknot, I highly recommend both David and KC. I had a disasterous makeup trial with Sarah Tan and was so happy to have found David. KC did a fantasic job on the photos. Of all the money spent on the wedding, his photos is definately the most value for money!

Deidre...you forgot to leave your email address. For the rest, I've sent the link to you already.

babbit

Hi kelsey,

Think i can take a look at your pics too? Juz click my nick.

So, how much was the cake??? Wat's the flavour? Is it enuf for everyone?? Bcos i was thinking of serving everyone the cake instead of giving wedding favours, think its more personal.

N

newhebe

Hi kelsey,

your pix are really great!
the setup was beautiful!

thanks

kelsey

Hi babbit,I paid $45 ++/kg for the cake. I had 14kg but that was for 110 guests. There was more than enough for the guests and I had some leftover for me to take home. The flavour was Chocolate Walnut Pudding. As whether it's enough for your guests, you really need to ask the chef....she'll recommend how much kg you need depending on the number of guests. If you're having 200 over guests, definately need more than the 14kg I had and of course, more expensive.

Hi poox. You forgot to leave your email address?

babbit

Kelsey,

Thanks for the info> When did u serve the cake? Will it be a bit strange if i were to serve the cake half way thru the dinner?

kelsey

Hi babbit,

I cut the cake right after the walk in and we served the cake for dessert. If you're having a chinese dinner, suggest that you forgo the usual chinese dessert and serve the cake as dessert instead. It will be very weird if you serve the cake half way because people will be in the middle of dinner unless you plan to have the cake packed in boxes which might be messy and not practical.

babbit

Hi Kelsey,
I was going thru the pxs. Realise u have 2 wedding favours. One is the pralines, wat's the other one?

P

pikaa

Hi Kelsey,

I was looking through your Wedding Photo Book, u mentioned that it was done by Qin Zhong, from Greymatter Photography. I tot he did a really great job!! Can I noe how much does it cost???

btw, I'm a bit confused.... Ur photos were taken by KC rite? then how come he's not the one doing the photo book leh??

T

tieknot2004

Hi Kelsey, u looked great! Thanks for the pix!!

My sis also commented we look alittle alike. I too have an angular jawline and a sharp chin so our side view were amazingly alike.

Hehe.. will definitely consider your makeup artist and photographer!

simple

Hi Kelsey

Thanks for sending me the photos. Everything's so nice...n wonderful...a great success indeed.
Here, I'll like to wish u & ur hubby happy & loving forever. God bless!

kelsey

Hi babbit,

The pralines was provided by the hotel and the other wedding favour was provided by us. It was a shotglass with the word "ai", our names and wedding date printed on it. We asked the guests to use that for the yum sheng. They drank a tequila shot to us. Overall cost of the glass is about $2.20 excluding the wrapping. I did the wrapping myself.

kelsey

Hi Pikka,

Oppps...KC and Qin Zhong are actually the same person! We all call him KC for short. The photobook is part of his packpage. I took the large photobook. I paid $1500 for the whole package...not sure whether he's changed his prices for this year or not so you have to check with him. But he has a small, medium, large photobook. He uses a digital camera.

kelsey

Hi Tieknot2004,

I had such a difficult time for the makeup artist. Mr first trial with Sarah made me look even broader and more angular and also 10 years older. Hubby said that I look like Imeda Marcos! Highly recommend David Lim Lee. He did a great job and shaded my face so the jaws look less angular and made my small single eye lids look bigger. The makeup was also very natural but glam. You should definately check him out.

bunny

Hi Kelsey,

Thanks for the pictures. I believe it was a fabulous wedding. I couldn't imagine how you could do all those things by yourself .... How long did it take for you to prepare all the DIY stuff?

kelsey

Hi Steph,

Have sent the pics to you already. I bought the glasses from Sia Huat at Chinatown...the shop is at Temple Street. I got the glasses printed at this place called Newgen. The number is 67485588. Speak to this lady called Connie. Alternatively, you can call any silk screen printing company and they can do it for you....but they can only print on certain types of glasses so suggest that you check with them first. There is another company called P&G Silkscreen which is quite cheap also.

kelsey

Hi bunny,

I had about 110 people so not so bad. I can't really tell how many days as I did them in bits. The placecard holders took the longest. The twisting of the wires took ages so I did them while watching TV. The clay bases I had the help of 2 friends so that was done within 2 days. The menus and the table names took about 2 full days. The wedding programmes also took another 2-3 days with hubby's help. Would not advise you try to DIY if you have more than 200 people....unless you have friends who are willing to help. But sometimes quite paiseh to ask friends because I know they are busy.

babbit

Ya, i agree. I wanted to do many things like having flowers n ribbons tied to each chair, but i'm expecting 400 guests. Think a bit tough.... Even for a simple table decor with candles, i need to repeat 40 times !!!!!! Discussing wif Agnes to get simple tea lights instead.

fizz

Hmm...I agree wif Babbit...I was toyin wif the idea of DIYin some stuff to save $$$ but the tot of repeating it so many times is so sian...still mabbe we can all start early...except for fresh flowers...afterall...tink it's more meaningful to DIY than engagin a wedding planner...but it can b like..."where do I start man???!!!"

kelsey

My advice is that for the table settings and decor of the place, leave it to the hotel. You'll be too stressed out that day if you need to worry about that too. Just have some ideas of what kind of flowers or decor that you want and discuss with your coordinator whether it's possible to have that without extra charge. If the hotel is going to charge extra....then try to compromise and come up with a cheaper alternative. Maybe change the flowers or use tealights instead of candles.

Wedding programmes and favours are easier to DIY. What I did was to make a few sample prototypes to see which design I like best and which was easier and cheaper to do....once I've decided. I did it bit by bit. If you spread it out over 3-4 months, should be ok.

Actually, you'll be surprised. DIY can end up more expensive sometimes. If you count in all your transport fare up and down to find all the materials...it comes up to a bit.