Mandarin Orchard Singapore

ellentg

mich > their package already includes almost all the things you need. If they were to give you more perks, normally it will be similar to what are given during their latest wedding shows la.

Maybe you can check with them when is their next show...

leyash

I was told no show in the near future.

But be prepared, their new package (2011) has definitely less attractive perks.

mich08

yah. i think there's not much of perk.

Ellen: Do you mind PM'ing me what did they offer you?
happy.gif

w3ngal

yes their perks is not very attractive compared to others. previously one of the cordinator gave me a wrong PDF file (she is not working there already) and the perks given is better. but now i received a new and correct version but perks is not good. so i am striking this choice out le ba.

mich08

yah. my friend sent me their MM package for 2010. They have free food tasting, one bottle wine for each confirmed table. now they only have a barrel of beer.. and they are quite rigid with this.

linglyn

Agree that the perks Meritus is offering for 2011 is very less attractive then what they are offering for 2010. Reason being, the renovation works in the hotel is more or less done and thus they are not giving alot of perks!?! I tried to negotiate with them but to no avail. Not flexible at all. Especially for those thinking of taking Mandarin Court, chances of getting more perks on top of what they are offering is zero. They are more interested in giving additional perks for wedding held in the Ballroom. *No fair treatment!*

ellentg

mich > no need to pm la, you can download from sgbride website haha... mine is 2010 package le. Also got free flow wine which was the wedding show perks last year.

there are brides here taking mandarin court that exchanged stuff they didn't want (e.g. invitation cards, wedding favours...) for other perks. You may wanna explore this idea...

if your coordinator is not very flexible, maybe can try to call another one?

hmmmm based on previous feedback in this thread, some pple taking ballroom were saying why mandarin court can negotiate same perks as them though the no. of tables is much less. MM's policy changed?

mich08

ellen : oh, then i have the package. its a very good one! plus the free flow wine makes it even more worth it! :D

i actually tried negotiating with them on the invite cards and wedding favors, and my coordinator said that they can just refund me $1 per pc. which is so "roll eyes". one of the 5* hotel offered me another barrel of beer for free if i exchange it for the invites.

can we just change the coordinator just like that?

tweetytan123

Hi peeps! I am new here. We went to take a look at Mandarin Court today. Wow found the reception area to be huge. But can I ask, is the reception area for Mandarin Court couples or is it shared between both Mandarin Court/Pine Court couples?

Btw, the food is prepared by their inhouse chef or Pine court?

periperi

leyash>>i think if you have valid reasons, changing of co-ordinator should not be a problem bah. i changed mine, but it was before the signing of the package & paying deposit.

ellentg

Hi Sandy, when I checked with Pine Courts last year, they told me:

If there are weddings at both Mandarin Court and Pine Court - Mandarin Court use that reception area, Pine Court's reception will be inside the restaurant.

If only Pine Court has wedding - Pine Court can use the outside reception area.

It means Mandarin Court has priority for that reception area, but better check with them again how is it now, as i enquired last year.

tweetytan123

Ohh icic. Thanks Ellen for the info, I will be going down to mandarin court this coming sat to take a look.

who is ur coordinator btw?

here's wishing you a great wedding in advance
happy.gif

dawnong

Hi girls!

I have met with the MM coordinator (Tresia) yesterday, she brief us the package, theme and showed us the Mandarin Court. Really happy with the venue, the the theme is quite limited.

Ellen> your coordinator also Tresia? Is she friendly and helpful?

SY Chen and pekochan81> can you share your wedding photos with me too? Many thanks!

hazeyger

Hi Rach,

The coordinator postponed the meeting, so i will be viewing the venue tonight instead.

Anybody has got the perks and package details for 2011? Do let me know. Thanks.

Any free flow of beer etc..? Corkage waiver etc?

ellentg

Dawn > yup my coordinator is Tresia. She is very friendly and response is quite prompt also.

Ashley > the next ballroom they have is the Mandarin Ballroom which holds like 50 tables... How about Pine Court? Maybe you can check what's the max. tables they can take....

superpinkystar

hi ladies,
my HTB and i are going down to sign the contract next week.
our AD is on the 091011.
;)
tresia and angie has been of great help to us.
we love the mandarin court set up and it's what we are looking for - 20 tables.

angie also mentioned that they will be changing new linens for next year.

dor_diego

i heard the food is not good from many of my friends and relatives whom have attended past weddings there before and after the renovation.
i beg to differ as i thought hotel food should be of a certain standard. i am contemplating whether to sign up because of this issue. anyone has any comments on this?

in_truder

Anyone know if MM coordinator - emily is still with MM? I have signed a package with her last year, trying to reach her but to no avail.

leyash

In_truder: Emily is no longer with MM. I was initially 'taken care' by her, but now am transferred to another coordinator.

ellentg

DoraDiego > i've attended a few weddings in MM, the food is quite good, though there has been some comments about the fish being not hot enough (i heard this twice).

oh... Emily is not with MM anymore? sad siah cos she is really nice
happy.gif

minnie_goh

Seems like MM's coordinators are leaving one after another. My coordinator has been changed for 3x! Lastest Doreen is serving notice now....

Gd prospect outside or something's wrong with MM??

Btw can we "extract" songs out from different original cds and compile them into one cd? MM song list is very limited!

ellentg

goh > my fren working in hotel told me that it's quite common now esp for those 5 stars hotels... due to opening of the 2 IRs le...

i was about to ask for their song list... what kind of songs they have? was thinking maybe just stick with what they have for the copyright assurance... no one listens to the songs anyway
sad.gif

DoraDiego > no prob
happy.gif
i'm going for food tasting next month, should be able to feedback more after that.

junebride2010

if im not wrong, their music is jazz (instruments) no vocals...
Maybe you can double check?

I went for food tasting and my family and I left with a very happy and satisfied tummy...
But yes.. the fish can be a bit firm...

in_truder

leyash >> gosh... now who is your coodinator?

now how do i proceed from here? anyone got any recommendation for the coordinator?

minnie_goh

Hi everyone, the songs by MM (extracted from word doc sent to me):

YOUR WEDDING MUSIC
Select your music from the start to ensure a memorable and romantic atmosphere for the evening. Our recommendations are:

YOUR WEDDING MARCH
Because I Love You
Can You Feel The Love Tonight
I Do
I Knew I Love You
My Love
The Day I Fall in Love
The Sweetest Day
I Finally Found Someone
The Power of Love
This I Promise You
Truly, Madly, Deeply
Wedding March (Traditional)

YOUR FOOD PRESENTATION
Storm
Sunchyme
Toccata
Matsuri
Contradanza
Children
Be My Guest
Aria
Austin Powers

CHAMPAGNE POURING
From This Moment On
I Finally Found Someone
The Sweetest Day

BACKGROUND MUSIC
Classical Selections
Classical Selection Light
Generic Instrumental
Jazz Selection
Chinese Instruments

** Do let us know if you wish to provide your own selection of music
============================================

Apparently we can use songs of our choice too, but has to be from original CD. My problem is my choice of songs dun come in one original cd....how?!

Hobeee ==> yes doreen told me so, tink next week is her last week.

Well heard MM mgmt is in a "mess". keep finger cross that we customers dun get affected in any way. My coordinator changed from June to Joycelyn to Doreen to now dunno who's gonna take over...

junebride2010

I agree with what you said goh..
I have went ahead to purchase a few CDs with some of the songs i like... before we met up and discuss with coordinator...
She mentioned that we cannot rip/burn the songs we want from the CDs and compile it as one to be played for wedding...
sigh...

Im quite blessed, the changing of coordinators havent really affected me negatively... look on the bright side brides! =D

in_truder

Need help!! My AD is in nov and my coordinator has left MM, now i do not know how to proceed from here. Could someone pls advise and recommend me a coordinator

junebride2010

My coordinator changed a few times too..
But usually the hotel assigned another coordinator to us..
Maybe u can check with the hotel who will be ur nex coordinator..
I learnt that no matter how good of efficient the coordinator is, they might just resign anytime.. =(
hope u get a better coordinator this time round... =)

joeshiko

Hi,
I am getting married next year but i have not decided on the date yet. is it too early for me to check for mandarin court package price? can someone send me the 2011 package price for mandarin court?
[email protected]
thank you very much!

dor_diego

Yoshiko- if you are getting married 1st quater of next year, then i think you need to check now, especially if you are looking for hot dates.

AKSZ- i prefer to deal with the manager (Cara)as she has more say and is able to make decisions swiftly regarding the perks. Not to worry, just list down what you want, go there and trash it out with her. If she can do, she will be willing to do it for you which also depends on how convincing your bargaining power is. haha enjoy the process.