Mandarin Orchard Singapore

ellentg

My coordinator told me that only the lowest tier can add extra seats cos there is more space... hmmm.

leyash, that time my fren got 18 or 19 tables... the tables at the corners (top tier i think, can't remember exactly) are squeezy. i was sitting at the middle tier and it was just ok. like what SY Chen mentioned, there's no room for an extra seat there.

better for you to discuss directly with MM on this... they are the best party to advise you and see how to accommodate to your needs.

faith_19

Just had my wedding at the Ballroom late Nov 09 and just wanna leave a note here that for all who booked with Meritus Mandarin, sit back and relax for the entire night! My Coordinator, June was great to work with, and always giving us prompt replies.. And then on the actual night, it was a breeze.. I did not meet the ballroom manager until like 5pm on the AD (as it was liasing with June all along) but he basically run the entire show with our brothers.. With the right prompts on where and when we shd do what to telling us to relax... Me and my hubby just gotta sit back and enjoy the night.. and at the end of the night, instd of being shooed to leave the ballroom (like what i experienced at some other wedding) Oscar, our banquet manager just let us have fun with our friends who insisted us to drink and play games..He also ensured the free flow beer were still flowing for the guests who ordered them towards the end of the dinner. The whole set up was gorgeous and the food won so much praises. Honestly, nothing to complain about.

ellentg

YPS, congrats~~~
happy.gif
Good to hear your good experience with MM~

During my friends' wedding in MM, their banquet manager was also very good... dunno what's his name though. He even contributed some very cute ideas for the groom's performance (he presented a surprised song item for the bride)

Adelene, maybe you wanna try to nego for some perks from the previous wedding show...like extra night of stay in bridal suite, free flow beer/wine...?

totorosan

Hi All

Thanks for sharing...I am doing my AD this nov.

Loved MM's mandarin court but I only have max. 12-13 tbls. They need me to fulfill the cost of min. 15 tbls and have proposed to offset the insufficient value to the menu.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? any suggestions / solutions?

pekochan81 >> can share your AD photos? my email is [email protected]

Thanks all in advance
happy.gif

ellentg

Totoro... Same here. I was initially planning for 12~13 tables only. We also asked what if we can't meet 15 tables? And they gave me the same answer as what you mentioned (fulfill the min. cost of 15 tables). Can do so by upgrading the menu, or buy extra wine/beer etc from them i think.

In the end, we still go ahead to book but gonna increase our guest list....

periperi

hi all~~

new to this forum. htb just proposed in dec & we are trying to settle housing & wedding preps. targeting 4Q2010. looking at m. court too!
happy.gif
we both like the uniqueness of the layout. cosy feel right. but some feedback was 1) not that convenient for the elderly 2) not very heel-frenly for d ladies 3) one of my girl friends say that it just look like a restaurant instead of a ballroom. but, still very inclined to it. u gals have thought of the above concerns before?

ellentg

Hi Yi Ling, I think for points (2) and (3) there is no concern... I could walk around properly in heels (and I was taking video for my friend... needed to run around, walk backwards etc). As for the look, Mandarin Court definitely looks nicer than restaurant la~ you can read about all the positive comments from other brides here
happy.gif

For the elderly part... I think it might be a concern if you have some elders in wheelchairs... Then they have to be at the top tier i think... Maybe you can go down to MM and take a look
happy.gif

leyash

congrats Yi Ling, ya, agree with Ellen, you should go down and take a look. The steps are quite big actually, don't think it'll be an issue with heels wearers. And it's your day, who cares what your friend feels, as long as you love the ballroom (I do! haha..)

Can't wait for them to start taking in 2011 dates!

prinsessy

I'm back again
happy.gif
Ellen, how's ur preparation so far ? Btw, i'm thinking to replace e MM wedding favor with my own. any idea how much MM will pay back ?

ellentg

Yo Princessy, long time no see
happy.gif
Haven't been doing much preparation hahahahaha.... how about you?

I didn't ask about the wedding favours cos intending to take the chocolate from them... i guess if you choose not to take their wedding favours, they won't refund you, but you probably can nego to change to other perks...?

ellentg

leyash, seems like MM is quite strict le... Pple are already booking banquets for Jan/Feb 2011... hmmmm also some places allow pple to book 2011 banquets now using 2010 price.

When's your AD?
happy.gif

prinsessy

Ellen, i have not been doing much preparation too, as my AD will only be on Dec, still a long way to go, hehe.

Now i'm preparing for my ROM first on May. Have been searching for any suitable outdoor garden theme place.

Guess i'll have to ask e coordinator again regarding e wedding favor. thks ;)

leyash

Ellen > Ya lor, most other hotels open for 2011 booking liao, esp 1stQ.

My AD is gonna be in June 2011, but I really hope to get a particular date, and also book liao den can relax and 1 less thing to think about. haha..

pekochan81

Princessy> For the wedding favours, we had an offset coz we got our own wedding favours too. But because our is a buffet & the pricing is base on per head, they just deduct the refunded cost accordingly. But I'm not sure if it works the same for a sit-down table. But do PM me if you want to find out more about the cost refunded.

ayly13

Hi pekochan81
can u PM me how much did they refund u for the wedding favours? tried to PM you but it didnt work.
thanks!

eviliss

wow. im attracted to mandarin court too! ladies who chose MM for their wedding banquet im curiouse to know where do you march-in from?

leyash

Lissy > There is only one door to the room, from what I know. Then u can choose to walk down either flight of stairs.

Any news about the 2011 price list?

minnie_goh

Sad! June has left MM...was looking forward to work with her for my wedding in Jul...My coordinator is now ryan. Anyone had him as coordinator?? any feedback?

w3ngal

Actually is mandarin court considered resturant or function rm? Wat do u all state in the invite? Year 2011 package so long have not come out..

ellentg

Princessy > hee hee yea it looks nice now... though personally i dun like Mandarin Gallery's logo... the font looks weird to me hmmmm.

w3n > I thought Mandarin Court is considered ball room? a small one though hahaha... For sure not a restaurant.

minnie_goh

ellen, mine on 07 jul. u??

my coordinator changed from ryan to joceyln. gd??
i found the main entrance of the hotel very cramped with the low ceiling. not grand enof. and was told that wedding car cant be parked there cos no space. have to park at carpark!

hey brides and grooms here, any suggestion where to take outdoor wedding photo? preferably aircon places cos weather is so hot!

dslitegal

Will it be v inconvenient to walk ard with long heavy gown at Mandarin Court? I've been pondering if I shld choose knee length gown instead.

littlemushi

Hi all, can anybody send me some of your AD photo of the Mandarin Court? my email: [email protected]

How abt he invitation card? We will choose at the printing shop or only selected design at hotel?

Hope to receive some advise. TQ

ellentg

Goh > mine is 31st July
happy.gif
hmmm aircon places for PS... maybe museum? but most indoor (and hence aircon) places need to pay... better clarify b4 going~

JL > my coordinator told me that it will be a bit inconvenient if the gown is big/long train. She suggested me to wear A-line gowns...

hobeee > their card vendor is T-dragon. Just make appointment with T-dragon directly to select your cards...

ellentg

hmmm JL if you like long train, maybe you can ask your htb or another person to help carrying the train for you as you walk down...

dslitegal

Ellen, walk down this aisle is just few mins, I just scare it's too hassle walking ard taking photos ard the tables. =( Anyway, it's just few hrs so I don't mind. =)

pekochan81

JL> Walking down the aisle with a long train gown is not too big of an issue. But walking around with it is definately a challenge. Even though my EG wasn't exactly with long train, it was relatively difficult to walk around & take pix especially for the 2nd & 3rd tier due to the space constrainst. It's either I myself stepped on it (coz you have to 'shift' the train to the side), or my guest steps on it. Luckily my bestie saw & quickly came to my aid & helped me hold & arrange my gown/train properly at the side for the rest of the table to table photoshooting. As long as you have someone helping you to hold, it should be fine. Of course, having an a-ling cut or short dress will definately be more convenient. Just my 10 cents worth ;)