M Hotel Singapore

stacy

Kittyrain - if u are getting OTR gowns, u basically can try on the gowns to see what u like n wat suits u best!

skinnybeany

uberrimae>> yup I agree with you
happy.gif

kittyrain>> alternatively, you can also surf foreign websites for ideas. they have lovely gowns & wedding style ideas.

www.theknot.com
www.brides.com
www.marthastewart.com

anastasia

Hi Kittyrain,

Mine is in dec at banquet suite. Currently deciding which wine to order from the wine dealer recommended by M hotel, Bottles & Bottles.

pitterpatter

hi kittyrain & junie,

my coordinator is aaron...and yup, me using the banquet suite as well.
happy.gif

how abt u ladies? banquet suite too? and ur coordinator?

skinnybeany

pitterpatter: my coordinator's Zul.

yup, me using the banquet suite.

u hv any idea what theme & the color/type of flowers u want to use already?
happy.gif

kittyrain

Hi Anastasia,
Me will be ordering wine from WineBos cos my per table wine is from them. So roughly how mant btls will u order & for how many guests?

anastasia

Kittyrain,

Typically, here's the recommendation:

Total no. of bottles
= 1.5 (or 2 if your guests are good drinkers) x total no. of tables

Out of this total no, the ratio of red to white wine (if you wanna mixture) = 3 : 1

skinnybeany

Hi pitterpatter,

I can't exactly remember which theme M Hotel has. I think there's 2. Am interested in the one where the VIP table has a big candle placed in the middle.

As for flowers, I think I want the color to be something bright/bold. So white, champagne is probably out.

anastasia

Kittyrain,

Bottles & Bottles allow consignment. So that's a safer choice if you don't want to waste the leftovers. But take note that only unopened, unchilled bottles are allowed to be returned. For white wine, most likely all bottles will be chilled first, therefore usually the returned ones will only be red.

anastasia

Think M hotel's deco is not so much of choosing of theme, but choosing the type of flowers and sash/table cover colour for the VIP tables.

kittyrain

Anastasia,
I think Winebos oso hv consignment, i gt 2 check with them.......... and I will oni take red cos all my guests take red wine oni.

jhoo

i just had my food tasting and it's excellent. i hope the food can be as fresh as today during my AD. The waitress kept assuring me and my hubby that AD will be better. If they can do it, i will send each of those that impress us a thank you card...

qiqi09

i had my food tasting too Aaron and the waitress and the cook also assure us the food quality during the AD.. the udon and the chicken hv very good comment from my family.. so hopefully everything will turn out well on the AD!

stacy

Hi jhoo n piglet,

Thanks for yr updates after food tasting. Glad tt all went well...n hope they really deliver wat they promise (eg better food quality on the AD)
happy.gif

kittyrain

Hi Jhoo & Piglet,

thanks for the updates...... hope they really deliver wat they hv promised and make ur AD a wonderful one.

jhoo

mine is function room. so i can't choose dishes. a standard 8 courses. arr...wines, i haven done anything yet..hehe..

qiqi09

Hi Everafter,

here is the food list that i choose.

. Appetiser - consisting of Salad Prawn, Octopus, Roast Suckling Pig, Gyoza Dumpling & Phoenix Prawn Roll
2. Braised Shark's Fin Soup with Crabmeat & Crab Roe
3. Braised Whole Baby Abalone with Mushroom and Seasonal Vegetables
4. Stir-fried Fresh Scallops with XO Sauce
5. Soon Hock steam with Superior Soya Sauce
6. Crispy Roast Chicken
7. Fried Udon Noodles with Prawns
8. Yam paste with Ginko Nuts

Wine still havent source

anastasia

Not sure about the min. no. for consignment basis cos for my case, I straightaway tell them about the no. of cartons I want. Maybe you can phone Bottles & Bottles or WineBos to check out the details. Bottles & Bottles no.:67355163

everafter

Hi Piglet,

ur menu looks good. How does udon noodles look like?? Those jap. noodles?? But frm the list, there is no yam paste. Did u top up $?? If yes, pls PM the price. Thanks

everafter

Hi Anastasia,

Hw many bottles did u order?? also on consignment basis?? I'm doing my budgetting right now..Pls PM me hw much u spent for wines. Thanks alot
happy.gif

qiqi09

hi gals, mine is at the banquet suite at level 10. for me the udon is nice and it is the jap noodles. as i wanted somthing different frm the normal dinner which serve chinese noodle, i choose this.. yup i change to yampaste which is off the menu. M hotel does charge for change of menu for which i tink it is better to check with M hotel. coz they might charge differently.. as i do not wan bear incident to happen to me, thus i prefer to to share regarding pricing. hope u gals dun mind..

everafter

Hi piglet,

ok understood your stand. When's your AD? Seems like roast chicken is popular hor? How cum no one choose pipa duck?? Duck is more expensive leh

qiqi09

Everafter, my AD is on 13 Jan.. the chicken is nice... very crispy.. dunno abt the duck but i am quite happy with my selection...

midas

hi,

juz attended a wedding dinner last nite at the banquet suite...here r my comments:

food wise, not too bad...accept the fish is a bit tasteless.

service wise, quite inefficient...food serving is very slow, the waiters seems blur blur most of the times. we asked for liquor said dun hv then later said hv..n some of them doesn't know hw to serve dishes like fish, need to wait for a more senior waiter to come over n do it. quite a few dishes was left on our table waiting for tat waiter to come over n serve. the banquet started at 8.30pm and ended at 11pm (they took so long to serve an 8 course meal).

but i do noticed tat the mgmt had made a consious effort to improve...coz i saw the chef come out at least 3 times to observe the situation in the ballroom. n there r several mgr/asst. mgr walking around to help out.

overall my experience with M is better than expected (after reading tis forum) but still got room for improvement
happy.gif

stacy

jhoo - replied ur mail...
happy.gif

midas - thanks for the feedback..hope they'll improve so that they've get +ve words of mouths from guest

saliva

Hi those who have booked banquet at M hotel,
would like to check out what is the minimum no. of tables for booking and the amount of deposit to be paid upon confirmation.

Tks.

stacy

Saliva,

Min no. of tables depends if your wed is on a weekday or weekend...n also are you looking at banquet room or fxn room. Best is to check with the coordinator at M hotel ya.

everafter

Hi Saliva,

Both function room and banquet room is min. 20tables for weekdays. For weekends, i think it's 25, not sure though cos mine is on wkday. Deposit is 3k. Jus a tip, u can increase tables but cannot decrease tables, so it's better u book with the min. no. of tables till u sort out your guest list. Hope it helps
happy.gif