M Hotel Singapore

michelle

Hi Apple,

She will not actually "pester" you, cos till now I have not receive her call. Maybe is i have not inform her the actual date yet as my future MIL is still checking.

Yes, Diana did show us the bridal room too...indeed it is very high tech and newly renovated.

The min requirement is also a factor my hubby and i consider. Just find the price a bit steep..especially next yr is 5% GST.
sad.gif

actually i like suntec too but just that min is 28 tables, i scare i might not meet that.

I also called up plaza hotel (beach rd), but find the service not so good. This sunday they having a wedding dinner so thought of going down to see, but the co-ordinator ask me to go down myself without him......he told me that he is not working so i thought of some other days, instead he told me that his working hours is 8-6 (Mon-Fri) and Sat (8-1)...
sad.gif
... how to meet up wif him? As i rush down after work already 7 and wedding dinner is usually during weekend and he dont work on weekends.

But right now is trying to look out for other places that can meet our budget and requirements.

wat abt u? How is the searching?

black_monster

Hi apple/micky

me thou a M hotel bride, would like to suggest u check out e following hotel cos seem to meet ur requirmt: Hotel Rendezvous & Amara Hotel. Their price & table requirmt similar to M. Shortlisted them b4 i fell in luv w M's suite, same level changing room & zen decor

michelle

Hi Black Monster,

Thanks for your recommendations...
happy.gif

Will take a look at these two hotels.

So when is your wedding?

I must agree with you that M's suite and same leveling changing room is the plus points.

apple

Mmmh, black monster, since you're M hotel bride, why did you suggest we check out other hotels? Anyway, got a reply from Diana,I managed to find her email... hehe, but she doesn't tell me much, juz invite me to go down and see. So how's your package like izzit the same as featured in S'pore brides' directory? Did u get more? :p

Yah, Micky, I think they also have their regular working hrs. Can't really expect them to go as and when we like. DId you ask Plaza hotel for alternative coordinator who can help? Though, i tot u said u visit M hotel on sun.

My fren attending dinner at M hotel only in Dec, so still dunno how's the food. Wonder if it's too late to book by then, heard usually nid to book a year in adv. Planning to hold wedding ASAP. *grin* Although, I'm also dun have a choice of my actual date
happy.gif
cos we engage fengshui master to check for us. So Micky, do u know how "booked" is M hotel?

michelle

Hi Apple,

Yah you r right. They have their working hours. But some hotel they have very good service like co-ordinator will be together with the couple even on the wedding date itself they will stay or come down to see everything is going well. But their attitude is not very good.

As for Diana, I am not sure whether she is just on shift on that day (sunday) or she is there is see everything goes well as that day there is two wedding going on.

Hmmmm as for how "packed" it is, i am not very sure. This you can check out wif Diana... but one thing i can see is a lot of couple when down to see. That day i went i saw 3 pairs of couples.

But when is roughly your wedding date?

black_monster

Hi Micky/apple

my weddin in May03. Me v kiasu. Booked in May02 = 1 yr in advance. Heard they r quite "booked", date I choosen was "soft booked" w no deposit. So we pay deposit & cnfm almost immediately.

I recommend e other 2 hotel for Micky reference & think they can match her requirmt & also competitv to M. Especially Amara-jus renovated to Zen style like M also. Dont like me, just vist one, only & last hotel - M hotel & cfm. Now abit regret(shld enjoy e process of hotel hunting) thou I still think M is a good choice.

My package is v standard cos u shld know fr this forum that M is v inflexible but I dont mind cos their package v comprehensv. So nothing much to bargain. I also v lucky to book early cos they increase their price to $660+++ (was $640+++ when I cnfm)shortly aft I confm. And tat time e 5% GST wasnt firm yet. So I had e contract typed as NETT price instead of "+++"

michelle

Hi Black Monster

Wao..u r so lucky that u got it at $640 and NETT ..

Thanks for the comment on Amara.. will take a look out on there.

So how was your preparation? Have u taken your photos?

black_monster

Hi Micky & all brides,

gotta make it clear, it's $640+10%+1%+3% = abt $732nett not $640NETT. M Hotel will kill me if any of u misunderstood me. And that time easy cos the 5% policy was at speculation stage only, not even proposal stage or any confirmation from our govt yet.

Me am a lazy bride. Hasnt been doin much thou my family & frens keep remining me time is running out. Bookin e hotel & confm my bridal are my only progress. Hasnt even cnfm my gown selectn. My PS in Jan03 so now "traying hard" (havent even try) to lose weight.

What abt u? When's ur weddin?

apple

black_monster, u sound like me.
happy.gif
i oso very lazy. the oni research ive done is use this forum. i haven't called diana for appt date yet. :p

Actually, i'd oso considered amara, but i think the min tables are 30, correct me if i'm wrong. ur dinner is on wkend? actually, i hope to get a date in may 03 too. a fren managed to bk intercon hotel in late aug for an early jan dinner! dun have to be more than a yr.

michelle

Hi Black Monster,

I didnt get the wrong idea... wat i mean is you wont be affected by the 5% GST increase as your contract stated $732 NETT but not $640+++

Actually i think now still got time to loose weight if u are persistant.
happy.gif

I think I am also very Kiasu as my wedding date is not know yet, still checking... but its next yr end.

So which bridal shop you go for your PS?

black_monster

Hi apple,

hee hee i also use this forum as my research base. My dinner on Sat. Better be kiasu especially if u want weekend. Thr r only 52weekend/yr & not every weekend are good dates = good dates many pple want. Base on my requiremt, (tables, budget, deco, location...) I only shortlisted 3. Sori cant remb wat's amarar min table jus remb it's not many.

Hi Micky,

me startg my "weight lost" program today! Give me power! I actually pay more to e fortune teller to manually calcaulte next yr calender b4 e "tong shu' is out. U say kiasu or not? My bridal shop is Thomson Weddin News(TWN). Any feeback on TWD? Was considerg White Link & TWN. U?

micky

Hi Black Monster...

Wao... u r good huh... the fortune teller can even calulate for you b4 the "tong shu" is out.
Just got the date from my MIL yesterday... there is quite a few ...maybe will set for 7 Dec 2003.
But M hotel is booked at day for both ballrooms
sad.gif

Have any comment on Crown Price Hotel? Cos they are having Promotion now... but must confirm b4 8 Nov (friday).

Hmmm today u start your Lost Weight Program huh... actually its quite difficult huh... especially lunch... when u see your coll..eating... :p... but i give you POWER
happy.gif

Hey.. your bridal shop is Thomson Wedding Design or Thomson Wedding News?

Cos mine is Thomson Wedding Design!!! If yours is the same as mine then it will be a concidence!!!
happy.gif
So excited to know...

black_monster

Hi Mick,

Dec03 & both ballrm booked? Seem like next yr is a gd yr to get married. Crown Prince? Didnt hear any comment abt it but if ur weddin in Dec, better don take Orchard cos sure v jam & no car park due to Xmas season & ur dinner bound to start late.

Personally i feel most hotels u will compare their price but for M & Amara, it's their deco that u cant compare w others. Their concept is not grand but zen which both of us luv it & sign w/o thinkin any further.

Sori, i fr TWD. Abit blur lah, told u liao, v lazy bride. Only visited TWD & WL that's all. Really gum man! My PS in Jan03. When's ur? How's ur package & u serve by who? I like their WG but EG is terible. Stil can find any yet. Next fitting is mid next week. If still can find, die liao.

micky

Hi Black Monster...

Ya lor.. so sad that both ball room is already booked.

Actually got consider those factors you stated also, but crown prince is within our budget and its having promotion now.. with additional night stay and $1000 off the bill, pre-dinner snack, corkage fee waive for all wine and liquor, the onli thing is no free flow of beer... only give 20 litres and 10 bottles of red wine.

Yuppie finally i can share wif someone taking the same bridal shop as me. Actually i didnt even ask any other bridal shop and i sign with TWD already. Cos my hubby saw his friend's photos with TWD and said they are great! and we went to sign with TWD already. But can see their out door Photos are very good.

Mine PS should be next yr... but dun know when cos we didn't tell them the wedding date yet.. but i think is june or july... cos it roughly abt 5 month b4 the wedding right?

My package is $4088... with WG, EG, TG all MTM , Suite MTM, to keep, 20PCS 15" photo and some small album.. and 3 dozen of 4R and 4 makeup and indoor and outdoor shooting (3 locations) and also actually day photo shooting but only gove 2 rolls free. But will nego with them again... the person who serve me is Catherine... wat abt yours? you package how much?

I also dun know anything abt WG and EG leh... dun know wat is nice for me also... think the girl going to have a hard time on me :p

Think u ready got to search hard...tell me hows the PS after u took ok? If can show me your photos too
happy.gif

black_monster

Hi Mick,

my package is $3088. WG,EG & Kua - OTR. pants mtm to keep, 28pcs 15", 4"album, 10" table top, 20" or 24"(cant remb) potrait, car w deco & driver. The rest all similar except no actual day photos.

I wish i took MTM also but too lazy liao. Can design ur own gown. Unlike me, now headache over e EG. Ur package sound gd w so all mtm. I will show u my photos but still quite a while. U drop me a mail w ur email add & I will keep u posted w my bridal developmt via email. Not v nice to hog the "M Hotel" thread to discuss abt TWD.

My email is [email protected]

joyce

Hi all,

Haven't got time to read the forum lately as i'm busy hunting for my bridal packages =)

Tink for those who haven't decide, tink your gota act fast. The last 2 times when i made my trip down to M, i'd usually see at least 3 couples viewing the ballroom. Due to KSness and oso another couple "eyeing" on the date i wanted, i'm gona confirm with Diana on my date wich is 11th Oct next yr ;p

Hi Micky,

Yup...i rmb ;p

So, how's hotel hunting going?? Was browsing thru' some wedding magazines...thot Hotel Otani was quite nice with floor to ceiling glass panels wif spectacular view (well, dat was the comments i saw in the mag) tink the max requirement is abt 20-25? can't rmb clearly. mayb u can go chk it out...will update u agn when i rmb which issue of the mag i saw the review of the hotel (hee hee...coz tis is a M hotel forum ;p)

Hi Dec brides,

re the U-shaped march-in, guess i will try not to worry too much lor, like wat micky said....try to 'an wei' (console) myself dat it's sumting not so 'conventional'? Hee

Hei hei.....one more month to go liao....hope everything goes on smoothly for u =) r ur photos ready? can see see??

M

m&mm

Maybe this question has been many times already, but I would like to ask again. How's the food at M?Any recommendation of the DIY menus?

Also, any comments between M and Marina Mandarin?

Really appreciate all your comments! : )

piper

one more thing to add, i've attended the wedding in the two different ballrooms. There's one on the 4th floor & another one on the 9th floor, if i remember correctly.

M

m&mm

I think it shd be 2nd & 10th floor.

Really in a dilemma. Like the bridal suite but having reservations abt the food.

cheery

Hi M&MM,

Juz attended a wedding 2 weeks ago. Overall I find the food nice esp the deep fried chicken with thai chilli sauce yummy. Other dishes also good. Food is definitely better than Traders in my opinion. Is very hard to find hotel food nice but M hotel food is really good. Our last year company D&D was also held there and food nice too. The only thing i dun like is that I find they r quite inflexible in their package that's y didn't choose them.

Cheers

piper

hi decbride,

there was a lotus chicken or sthg that we took in Dec 2001. that one was given the thumbs down my everyone on my table. esp the chicken head was not taken off...so a bit repulsive lah. somemore, supposed to be "herbal"...but no taste one.

i told my colleague abt the chicken so she changed that to roasted chicken during her dinner. that one slightly better but maybe not as fabulous as the thai style which cheery had.

during my colleague's dinner, she ask for yam ring...actually not that bad but the ingredients a bit sour sour. we tot it was the taste of the food....turn out actually the things turn bad.

just my personal comments thou....

enya

hi

kpo and dropped by. me just attended a wedding dindin at M hotel, ambience not bad, the ballroom was quite nicely done up. but i find the hotel abit inaccessible. food was so-so and service was okay.

cheery

Hi,

one thing to take note is the desert yam paste. portion not enough even though there were only 8 of us. so can't imagine if there were 10 pple. If taking that dish better highlight to the coordinate. Shark fins ok not too starchy and efu noodles good. Can't remember all the dishes. Is a pity I had thrown away M hotel brochure if not will be able to tell u gals what I had.

enya

yes the lotus chicken was horrible.so salty .. yucky .. shark's fin soso, yam ring was okie though ..

decbride

Hi gals,

thank you all for all the feedback.

How about the service. Do you think there is sufficient staffs around?

J

jo

just heard from a friend that the shark fin was lousy. watery and not nice.

now a bit worried cos having my banquet in Dec 2003.

thought the food is nice but this seems to be the past.

F

fhorn

Hi all,

Just had my wedding in November.
Would like to give some feedback with regards to service and food.
Overall, we had an enjoyable night at the Hotel. We actually booked the second floor function room.
Feedback given were very good. Big reception area and the food portion were big. Some even mentioned that as a hotel they are very generous with the food portion.
As for the service, no one complained and some of my friends also complimented that they were fast and also changing the plates almost every dish.
happy.gif
As for all the co-ordinating part, they are very friendly and really efficient.
happy.gif

Listed below are dishes which we have ordered.
Cold dish: Seafood - nice esp baby octopus
Braised Shark's Fin Soup with Crabmeat and Crab Roe : quite watery as compared to food tasting
Braised Whole Baby Abalone with Mushroom and Seasonal Vegetables - vegetables a lot
Poached 'Live' Tiger Prawns with Chinese Wine and Herbs - very fresh
Garoupa Steamed 'Teochew' Style - some find it interesting becos it has strips of doufu in it.
Crispy Roast Chicken - big portion & tender
Braised Broccoli with Crabmeat Sauce - crabmeat very good
Steamed Fragrant Rice with Lotus Leaf - many said tat this is good. The rice is really fragrant. Something unusual as compared to the noodles.
Steamed Yam Paste: all gave thumbsup. They said that it is not too sweet and most guest really wipe them clean.
happy.gif

Hope tat it will help some of you out there!
happy.gif

J

jo

thanks for the above. at least it gives me some console. hope everything is fine on that day. but anyway its still a long time away.

M

mini beanie

Hi fhorn...

Thanks for your feedback, as now i trying to figure out the menu and tell Mhotel my decision today!!
13126.gif

F

fhorn

Hi Jo, Mini Beanie

Don't worry! No hiccups for my wedding at all!
happy.gif
Do enjoy your own wedding! I really enjoy myself!

M

mini beanie

Hi fhorn...

Thanks! Glad you've enjoyed yourself..
13173.gif

Hopefully it happen to me too...
13174.gif

Just
13175.gif
the menu over to Mhotel, hope I have chose the delicious food...
13176.gif

melody

Hi,

I've managed to view the layout of function room on level 2, but feel that the area for the walk-in of the march to be 2 cramp, any advise or "assurance" on this? Need to make a decision soon as my wedding is in Sep'03

F

fhorn

hi melody,

I am a M hotel bride for level 2. I am rather big sized and I am still able to pass through without any difficulty with my husband. This also include my flower girl and page boy in front. this is not a problem.
happy.gif

S

sarraphina chong

HI, I am also shortlisting m hotel for my wedding. but i went there for a wedding in nov n we cant stand the shark fin..its just saltish starch n the table was already soiled with soya sauce before i even sat down. Really must reconsider my choice now...

M

mini beanie

Hi all...

Just had my wedding at MHotel on x'mas eve... and it was a very romantic and memorable night for us... the hotel had created a very nice and romantic ambience for us... And our MC had make the event very memorable and beautiful... all the guests are very happy... still thinking and talking about that night...

M

mini beanie

Hi shooby06..

Thanks...

What do you mean how's the food served? I don't really understand.

36 franc

Hi Mini Beanie...

congrats!

My wedding is on 23rd May, 2003 at M HTL...
b'cos we hadn't do the food tasting yet,
we wondered how the food n service quality was on yr wedding nite?

Apprceiate for your kindly reply...

M

mini beanie

Hi 36 Franc & shooby06

Thanks...

About the food, we really don't have time to eat... we only managed to eat the first and second course... but after that, they will bring up to our room two plates of a bit of some of the food for us and they taste quite good. The food is nice according to the feedback our guests gave, and the service quality is good too. The portion is big that everyone cannot finished it, but it is good as everyone stomach is fully filled.
Only one complain, maybe mine is on X'mas eve and maybe all the waiter and waitress are rushing to the countdown that they serve and collect the food very fast, even though the guest had not finish the food and they did not bother to ask whether they can clear and they just take away the food... but overall, everything is fine and very memorable... I think the most important thing is to has a very good MC & very hardworking helpers... then your wedding will be a success...just like mine..

shooby06

Mini Beanie,

Thank you for your reply.

Is the service of your co-ordinator from the hotel good? If you don't mind, could you please let me hv his/her name so that I can get the prices from him/her for next year.

Thanks in advance.

I

interested

Hi All,

Jus wanna chk with u. What is the price of holding a wedding dinner at M Hotel per table?? Planning to have my customary next year, but still hv not decide where yet!! Need to do some budgeting first!

Thks
happy.gif

mmm

hi interested,

the price for m hotel is

$560+++ for weekdays min 20 tables
$660+++ for weekends min 25 tables

hope it helps
happy.gif