JP Mr Phang Tai Heng

limck007

just had my ROM on 8th June at Zhou Kitchen with Mr Phang.

He is a very very fatherly person, never want to rush us through the process.

We enjoy his presence

But his speech is slightly messy hehe

clarius

I having Mr Phang as my JP on the 20th Sept too!
happy.gif

ghc811

HI , BTB

can i have a pic of MR Phang , his contact no. and his email.

my AD is on 0210209 nite would like to invite him as my JP

Thanks

fudgemallow

Hi all, I had Mr Phang as my JP when I got married in July. Personally, I would not recommend him, although he was recommended to me by a friend.

I requested for the whole ceremony to be done in Mandarin only since all of my guests understand Mandarin and I felt it would be more special. I wouldn't say he rushed through it, but I was unhappy that he didn't ask us to kiss at the end of the ceremony and he didn't ask us to stand when exchanging the rings. End up, the pictures didn't turn out very nice. I don't mind this alot however.

I'm more unhappy about what happened when we were reading the vows. I thought he should have briefed us a bit before the ceremony but he didn't. We didn't meet him at all prior to our ROM cos he didn't ask to and just told us to fax him the consent form. Anyway, he just passed us a piece of paper to read from when we were exchanging our vows. We had to read the vows together and there was one word which both my hubby and I didn't know how to read! All the chinese stuff return back to teachers already. We just anyhow read through that word and hope the guests won't notice. Quite funny when I think about it actually. My friends told me afterwards that they noticed. Oops. Haha.

So...yah, I felt that he should have briefed us or at least talk to us a bit about what's going to happen. That's the small tinge of regret I have about my ROM.

That being said, Mr Phang is very friendly and nice, and he looks cute(in an adorable way) in photos. Haha...my hubby laughs whenever he sees him in the photos. So do take note if you're going to get him to do the solemnisation in Mandarin.

chiffon_cake

Hi Fudgemallow,
thanks for the feedback.i really appreciate it. i think what i would do is to be initiative on my side. i will ask him what things we should take note of.
and will sort of 'ask' him when we should exchange the rings and will he say the vow to us for to say etc..
will it be appropriate if i can request from him the vow beforehand?

i mean right now, i can either change JP or to prevent the stuffs that he goes wrong.

butters

chiffon_cake> ya think u hv to be the initiative ones where Mr Phang is concerned..

my hubby n i also didnt meet up wif him b4 our ROM, but i read in the forums abt Mr Phang where he'd forget forget abt the kiss the bride thingy, etc..

so on that day, we jz improvised ourselves, when he said time to exchange rings, we jz stood up ourselves, said vows from paper he gv us (our vows were in English only)... but he did remember to say kiss the bride though.. :p

chilliinketchup

Halo everybody,

My solemnisation was held recently on Christmas, 25 Dec 09.

We invited Mr Phang as our solemniser after reading some good comments about him in this forum, though there were some who also commented that he's forgetful. Mr Phang is the first and only solemniser we approached.

I thought what Butters said was quite amusing, and was joking with my wife about his forgetfulness after we confirmed our appointment with him. =D

We didn't meet up with him beforehand either, but I called him and asked him about the proceedings and things to note on that day. He explained quite clearly over the phone.

On Our Solemnisation day, everything went smoothly. He didn't forget anything and was not in any hurry to complete the ceremony. It was well-paced. He made us feel very at ease.

He also asked if we wanted a chinese version of the announcement of us as 'Man & Wife' after the English one, and we agreed.

We had a very very pleasant experience with Mr Phang on that day. He even insisted that there was no need for us to welcome him at the lobby or see him off after the ceremony.

Mr Phang is a really fatherly, yet friendly solemniser. I strongly recommend him to brides and grooms looking for a solemniser! =D

chilliinketchup

Hi temasek7,

My JP was Mr Phang. I communicated with him directly via his hp all the time. I am not aware of his email, and I believe he doesn't check email regularly anyway. Hahah..

Perhaps u want to call him directly? It sounds more sincere that way too.
kao_wink.gif

chilliinketchup

pinkscrump: Congrats!
kao_wink.gif

When is your big day?

Mr Phang may not be those humorous type, but he's very easy-going and friendly. Everything went very smoothly on our solemnisation. Very importantly, he didn't forget the "You may kiss the bride."
kao_biggrin.gif

pinkscrump

@Chilli-In-Ketchup: ahh, going to have my ROM on the 18th Dec at 7pm.

i got turn down by 3 JPs...and there's many ppl getting married on that day (according to the dec thread).

heh, as long easy going can liao...

thanks thaanks once again = )

michecwy

Hi everyone, can i know wad makes u engage Mr Phang? Is he friendly n humour?

I would like to look for a JP that dont look too strict.. haha!

Normally how long does a solemnise session last?

Thanks! =)

yupz vvvv frenly man! not vvv strict.. 'grand-fatherly' like.. haha

i cant rem mine how long.. prob abt 10-15 mins.. not vvv long..

altho he was in a rush for his nx couple's solemnization, he was patient enuff to let me hubby finish his vvv impromptu speech and finish his photograph taking with us b4 leaving!

hi all, i just contacted him to confirm his availability for my wedding in dec. not sure if im too kiasu :)
but will he forget since i contact him so much in advance? anyone to share any exp on that? i even told him that i will only fax him the forms few months later n he said ok. just a bit paranoid if my date will be missed cuz it's still far away..

Hann Ming

I have recently booked Mr Phang to solemnize our wedding on 9 Nov 2013. He accepted the invitation via SMS. I was told to send the consent form over via Fax or Whatapps which I have done so. Since I am still 5 months away from actual date and 2 months away from the ROM registration windows, will the JP returned the consent form before our online registration? I have not heard from him, neither do I have a fax machine which he can fax to me. Getting worried if I should approach another JP who have email access which I can communicate. Any advise? Thank you.

Hann Ming

Can I still change JP shall Mr Phang did not response? I mean at least some form of acknowledgement on receiving my consent form does help. I am now considering my fiancee Group Diretor which I just realised he is also a JP. Appreciate advise from those of you have experience handling such incident as stated in my above posting.

lemonzil

I have recently booked Mr Phang to solemnize our wedding on 9 Nov 2013. He accepted the invitation via SMS. I was told to send the consent form over via Fax or Whatapps which I have done so. Since I am still 5 months away from actual date and 2 months away from the ROM registration windows, will the JP returned the consent form before our online registration? I have not heard from him, neither do I have a fax machine which he can fax to me. Getting worried if I should approach another JP who have email access which I can communicate. Any advise? Thank you.

You will only need to have his license no. when you do your online filing. The consent form is not needed until you go down for your statutaory declaration which is usually few days before your solemnization date. Don't really have to worry much. Otherwise, just give him a call if you are really that worried.

huggis

Mr Phang mobile number :
+65 9750 3633

Hello, im new here. Just did my e-filing online and it says we have to provide the original copy of the consent form. i only have the faxed copy from Mr Phang, would that be sufficient?