JP Mr Phang Tai Heng

kiki2006

hi SK...Mr Phang has agreed to be our solemnisation and the consent form was signed.
he is so efficient and nice.
*phew* finally settled one more thing :-D

samanlyt

Hi gals,

Just to share with you something abt my experience while searching for JPs:

My brother gonna get ROM this Sept at Raffles Marina Club (Tuas). I was given this task by helping him source for good JPs, and I thought it was easy. And end up spending 2 days searching and calling. I think it's mostly cos of the location and tat makes my job even tougher.
sad.gif

I came across a few contacts in the forum and gave them to my brother. One was fully booked for the day, one felt that the location is too far for him, so he turned it down (he wasn't too friendly and my bro doesn't really feel comfortable), and one JP is willing to help, but would prefer my brother to search for other JPs, if really bobian then she'll help. I guessed my brother was on the verge of giving up then.

I practically pushed my brother to give it one last try, before he called it a day. And the last one on my list was Mr Phang. My bro called and surprisingly, Mr Phang was all smiles and congratulated my bro over the phone! He wasn't able to check his calendar then, and asked my bro to call him around 9pm. So my bro called him back at 9pm, and Mr Phang said he's available! My bro was overjoyed.

My bro was rather apologetic about having to made Mr Phang travel all the way down to Tuas (he stays at Jalan Besar)and thus offer to chauffeur him to Raffles Marina and back to his home. And this is wat Mr Phang repiled: 'Oh no, it's really ok. I will get my son to drive me there, and back. Just give me a small token, and tats enough!
happy.gif
' My bro was so surprised and glad that Mr Phang was so understanding and he was all smiles when he called and told me the good news.

Thumbs up for Mr Phang!
happy.gif

snowiee

haha. .glad to hear your experience Vanilla.

My hubby and I are glad to have Mr Phang as our JP
happy.gif

congrats to ur bro and all da best
happy.gif

maybe can compensate for the further location by giving mr phang a bigger 'token' that day..

haha :D

kiki2006

hi Vanilla,

thanks for sharing yr experience.
i hv just engaged Mr Phang to solmnise my wedding this Dec...glad to hear good comments about him :)

midas

mr.Phang was my JP too
happy.gif

he seldom turn down any requests as long as he can make it...i juz saw my fren's fren ROM at Downtown east...tat is the extreme east side liao. and he is always polite n frenly over the phone, n in person, still smiling at us despite we were 10mins late for our solemnisation
happy.gif

wish4ver

Hi all,

He was my JP too!! He was nice even though he had 4 ROM to attend to on my ROM day! However, the solemn was cut pretty short as my hubby actually got the time wrong (we held it at My Secret Garden Cafe -outdoor solemn). Despite that, he was still very friendly! =)

jaz811sg

Hi! Looking at all the positive comments on Mr Phang I've decided to engage him as my JP. Called him this afternoon and glad that he could make it in the 3 Dec. Waiting to fax the consent form to him as FH is not in Sin, so need to wait for him to come back on Wed before I could do it. BTW does Mr Phang reply to SMS, cuz I SMS him this afternoon to let him know that I'll fax the consent form to him latest by Sat, but did not get any reply from him.

numb

does he usually stay for the wedding dinner/lunch??
i'm havin a solemnisation cum wedding lunch...wondering if i should plan a seat for him after the solemnisation??
Anybody know??

fruitypeach

I called Mr Phang a few minutes ago and he agreed!
Just faxed to him my form using my office fax machine, I told him to send his reply to my home address, I'm afraid he'll forget about it!
Anyway i also have the same qn as Bboy, as mine is a buffet lunch, I wonder I should include headcount for him too?
Just in case he stays and it's not so nice..

olengjuz

It's okay to ask him to join in the luncheon. If he doesnt, so be it. I think he will let you know if he's able to make it. If I were you, I would have invite him over the lunch in advance. He cant let you know in advance if he's rushing for the next appt or not. Dun need to waste each other's time too.

chubbychong

hi lovexiaolongbao!

thanks alot for JP Phang's photo. Wow he looks really grand-fatherly.. seems so nice and friendly. Even when i called him, he sounded so patient. and after trying to call so many other JPs, he was the only one who congratulated me for my impending wedding. wat a sweet guy.
happy.gif

chubbychong

really quite grateful because called at least 8 JPs.. all cant make it for my date in dec.. seems like i really quite last min..:p until i came upon this forum that recommended JP Phang. but how should i arrange to meet up with him before the actual ROM?

midas

chubby,
u only need to fill up the consent form n fax to him...he will sign n fax back. then u can start efiling liao..

chubbychong

Hi midas,

i have sent him the consent form ald and done the efiling, but was thinking of meeting him up personally before the actual date so at least can invite him to stay for the lunch n like juz thank him. then dunno how to go about doing it....:p

did u meet up with ur JP before the actual date?

olengjuz

Nope I din. In fact, I asked Mr Phang if we should meet before the wedding and he said dun have to. I din insist too. :p

However, on the day of our wedding I called him to ensure he knows the direction to my house (ROM at my house) cos quite remoted. He still assured me that he won't get lost. Told me not to worry. Hee.

bubblepearl

I just call up Mr Phang before i do efiling to re-confirm my solomanisation timing with him..then he say ok..and ask me to fax him the consent form within 3 days..So i faxed over to him and he faxed back to me..v fast
happy.gif

I also did cfm w him if he is comfortable to the solomanisation in Chinese..he agreed..yuppie!

olengjuz

Hi doramee,

Mr Phang speaks fluent Cantonese but I dun think he conducts the solemnisation in that dialect though. You might like to find a JP who conduct the solemnisation in dialect if required.

doramee

how much to give Mr Phang after the solemnisation? i just called Mr Phang and he agreed to hold our solemnisation in cantonese. Anybody conducted solemnisation in cantonese before? Can share the contonese vow with me? :p What are the procedures after solemniser fax back the consent form to us?

seems like so many questions :p

olengjuz

Congrats doramee, why not asking Mr Phang if he has a copy or not (in Cantonese)? Perhaps he knows his friends who are JP and conduct the solemnisation in dialect eh. No harm asking him.

Rem he has a copy of the vows ready when we did the solemnisation.

olengjuz

Hi doramee, I requested to meet him actually but he said dun need. I din insist too. However, on the ROM/AD I called him to ask if he needs someone to drive him to my house or not (ROM at my house then). THen he said he got someone to drive him to my house already.

You can ask him if he can meet you for the vows or not cos yours is special (conducting in cantonese eh).

bitbit2318

Hi,

I just call Mr Phang this afternoon. He agree to solemnise our marriage in Dec. He ask me to fax him the consent him and he will fax the form back to me after he sign. I have a Qns to ask. Does ROM require just the original consent form sign or the fax copy is fine also?

kiki2006

hi bitbit,
a fax copy will do. i just registered online last wk and the filing instructions indicate "Solemniser's Consent Form (need not be original)".

I hv oso engaged Mr Phang for my wedding in Dec (",)

doramee

hehe.. don't know will be weird to my friends coz some of them don't understand cantonese. as i am from a "cantonese" family, i just try to request it lor.. hehe..

matahari

hello!
Mr Phang was my JP for my ROM on Wed. I had mine done in Mandarin, I must say he made it really casual and comfortable for all of us (ok, i have to admit i was still v v nervous!!)

My cousin had him for his ROM 3 wks ago also, his was in English. So i had the opportunity to compare both versions :p

He's really good n patient. casual and made efforts to interact with the guests.

the funny thing is, for both ceremonies, he did not ask the couple to stand up to take the vows, neither did he ask the grooms to kiss the brides. ended up, as 'compensation', my hubby n i were made to kiss each other aft the ceremony several times by diff grps of guests! heh...

msbean

One question , I scare I will laugh when saying the vows sia , some one tell me must 'ren" else the some JP will scold you , is it true .

Die la I sure laugh when face to face

olengjuz

I din encounter that before, BEAN. However, im sure people will understand if you really giggles cos it's a mixed feeling yah? Nervous + happy + apprehensive ++++++ however, ya candid actions will be caught in the wedding video ..so I supposed it would turn out quite interesting to watch too.

yellow_duck

hi... would like to find out hw Mr Phang conduct the solemnization? is the saying of vows always seated down?.. and he din ask to kiss the bride.. kinda weird...

any idea do u all noe which solemnizer like to disturb the bride and groom kind 1 ah?

jonic

Supposed to have Mr Phang as my JP end of Nov but he called me today and said tat he can't make it for my solemnisation cos he will be overseas. Kinda disappointed.

jonic

Hi Psyduckie,

I'm not very sure...he didn't mention but my wedding day is 3 days before urs. Another btb mentioned tat he called her to info her tat he can't conduct for her too and her wedding day is 27th Nov. Think if he didn't call u....u might not be affected.