JP Mr Phang Tai Heng

midas

i see...for me its the other way round...i called mr.koh first then he recommended mr.phang. seems like they r having a buddy system..one will cover the other when they r not available. at least wun leave u in the lurk
happy.gif

chopperpiggy

Hi Midas,

Thanks! So was yours ok with him? I have read good & bad comments about him, but I guess you can't please the whole world. My AD is 15 Mar 2008, so I think I can only efile in Jan hor?

luvz17

Mr Phang was okay ,though my photographer thought that he missed some steps like "you may kiss the bride now".
Yup, my photographer reminded him because she needed to take photos and can't possibly we kiss without asked to. Overall, we are comfortable with him.

chopperpiggy

Yah, tat's wat my gf said too & my gf complained that he was boring. However, my objective is to engage a warm & older JP (personal preference).

But hor, i m doing solemnisation b4 dinner, so I guess I shd be marching in with my veil, if he didn't say "you may kiss the bride now", then are we suppose to automatically raise my veil & kiss..........hahaha, how ah?
proud.gif

luvz17

Maybe you can get your photographer to remind him, just in case.. or get the man to ask, can I kiss my bride?? haha...

midas

hmm..."you may kiss the bride now" is not within the standard procedure of a solemnisation thus he wun say tat sentence unless requested to do so. i find him ok..punctual, patient n frenly..maybe abit boring as he dun crack jokes lor..ROM is a solemn affair mah.

think u can start efile from 16Dec onwards leh..

chopperpiggy

hahaha, thanks ladies for all the suggestions! I think i shall get my photographer to remind him, dun think it's so nice for me to tell him what to do lah hur.

so looking forward....
proud.gif

l3x

I just had my Solemnisation ceremony conducted by him.
After attending my friend's Solemnization on Dec, was abit disappointed.

Evaluation:
-The ceremony was conducted way too fast, less dan 5 mins.
-NO 'U MAY KISS THE BRIDE'
-Reciting the wedding vows from a piece of paper.
-However, hes bilingual.

Personally, I think he shd include the "U MAY KISS THE BRIDE" although its not required. THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT, IT CREATE A VERY BLISSFUL KINDA FEELING FOR UR GUESTS WHICH I FELT SO. (We've been practising which side to turn after attending our friend's Solemnisation.)

My guests were all puzzled, asked me y the ceremony ended so fast.

I felt its abit wierd to recite the vows reading the paper, rather than looking at ur partner and reciting it.

I think both of us will keep on harping on the "U MAY KISS THE BRIDE" for life. Ha..

Nevertheless, I still have to thank him for conducting our ceremony out of his free time. I tink its up to the end users, tat is all of U who r reading my posts n finding it funny to rehearse the KISSING. Ha..

sunqian

Hi Lin & I3x, are we able to communicate with him to tell him our requirement? Eg. we want to stand up when reciting the vows, want him to say "you may kiss the bride", etc.?
He should be able to accommodate to our request right?

l3x

Hi sunqian,

I tink he shd be able to accommodate, not difficult aso..

Just tat duno if its appropriate..

Too bad, we didnt come bk to this thread b4 our ROM cos was busy wif reno etc.
Else, would have take note of the feedbacks n advise him wat to do aso.

In addition, he was early for my ROM too.

L3x

l3x

The vow, which we recited it together from a piece of paper.

"In token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love, with this ring, I marry you."

L3x

ednamode

oh no.. my JP will also be Mr phang..

i also asked him whether we need to meet up.he said no need initially.but then told me i can find him at CC every morning 11am on weekdays.. so i will be going to pop by and meet him after i go ROM to collect documents lor.anyone's solemnisation will be by him soon?

gorkim

I just ROM-ed today! and had Mr Phang as my solemnizer. He was very punctual, arrived on the dot. Though we asked him when he 1st arrived, whether we could go through with him the procedure 1st, but he dived straight into the solemnization...He forgot that we wrote our own vows and continued with the standard format which he has ready for all couples to read out...and yes, there was no 'you may kiss the bride' bit from him...my hubba had to self-auto kiss me. Mr Phang asked for all the relevant documents which he needs to send back to ROM. Very experienced solemnizer.

He was very friendly and easy to chat with. On the whole, will recommend Mr Phang. Nothing to complain really..everything went very smoothly...
happy.gif

pinklady23

Hi all,

After reading throught the thread, seems like Mr. Phang is not bad. Any idea if I need to choose a JP according to the postal code? By the way, anyone have Mr Phang photo to share? Thanks.

sunqian

Hi Joelle, don't think you need to choose JP according to postal code. I have Mr Phang's photo, you can either PM me or leave your email here so that I can send you the link.

etyk

Hi Applenut,
Is it compulsory to have a interpreter if you are a foreigner. Or does Mr.Phang require?
Please share with me the experience with Mr.Phang, as mine is in beginning of Nov.

Many thanks in advance

missyling

He sound very fatherly on the phone. Guiding us the way to do e-filing and stuffs. He be doing solem. for us in oct 14th.

ahger83

just had my solemnisation last sat... he forgot to say you may kiss the bride too..haha...my photographer reminded him..

missyling

Juz had my solem ytd. He forgotten about kissing the bride now till the crowds went.. OH why didn't kiss the bride and he went.. OH YA... must kiss the bride.. overall he is very friendly and nice. Grandpa kind of figure.

vhensy

He forgot to say "You may kiss the bride" too...
sad.gif
until my hubby ask him, can he kiss the bride hahaha...
anyway we thanks him very much..

chubby_hubby

Had him for my soleminsation. hmmm... personally I would not recommend him. In fact 9/10 of my guest would agree with this... he's fast and ..hmmm... fast. No special moments or words from him though... Cos i've attended a few ROM and there are nothing like mine...(just my personal comment)

serenedarryl

i had Mr Chan for my rom thou he is one of the most recommended JP down here.. infact i am really upset that he rush thru the whole event cos he arrived very late for my rom and need to rush to another place... he din mention anything special as well cos ardy very late liao ma..

candy

hi hi,

How fast is fast? As in you feel hurried? Because i have attended some solemnization and i feel its taking too long & slow. Guests starts to feel uneasy and hungry haha so i dont want to spend too much time on the solemnization. :p

If he completes everything in a normal pace, sweet and short then i think its ok for me
happy.gif

eggs

yah, agrees with candy.. i had mr phang last dec due to replacement. supposingly is mr chan but he had something on last minute. mr phang completes my soleminzation in a 'abit fast' pace, but he did a chinese version also. i also dun wan my guest to feel bored, so i think he's ok.. : )

nixxy

I think he did a great job for mine. Arrive on time, didn't forget to tell my hubs to kiss me, speak very clearly and in both languages too thou the mandarin version is a summary. He wasn't too fast or too slow, really is just nice. He look radiant in photos and yeah, we are very happy to have him as our JP.

hellbabe

I had Mr Phang for my ROM last Nov. At 1st I tot he will lost his way cos my venue really abit Ulu (Seletar Country Club). To my suprise he knew the way and reached early, mingle with my guest. My boss told me he engaged Mr Phang too for his ROM few years back. He really did a great job.

sillygal_27

I got Mr Phang to be our JP on 20sep09
happy.gif

Initially got Mr Peter Lee, but he got to fly that week so he sent me an email to inform me..

ernie80

Hi ladies!

My ROM's on 10 June 09 and got Mr Phang as well. We were turned down by many solemnisers as most were unavailable. A friend then gave us Mr Phang's contact number and also warned us about his forgetfulness (lol). My HTB called him and thankfully he agreed. Mr Phang was about to hang up when my HTB mentioned, "Mr Phang, you've not given me your fax number." His reply was, "Oh, ya."

HTB said he sounds very fatherly and think he should be ok.. Anyway he's there mainly to officiate our marriage so we don't expect too much from him. Just need to call him a week before our ROM and prob the day before in case he forgets.. hehe.