Intercontinental Singapore

fudge

Hi Peace,
Actually, I've asked Mahaes abt checking out the forums around online and see the various dissatisfaction of us all. I asked if there were any chance of the cards be better designed, she said no. The nicest one for me is the red traditional one. The only thing is we can't print direct on the card as one side is embossed. Those of u who are thinking of this design, do take note of this. So, can't have those elegantly gold printing on it. Gotta use inserts, which will poorer me off by few cents for the tying of gold strings! I really think HI need to change their Weeding Co-ord or Marketing pple. Anja wasn't exactly enthusiastic when working with us then. I really wonder why I actually agreed to signing on the dotted line. I could have gotten better svc else where. Frustrating.

eggie

Hi ino,
I have not signed up yet thus I'm not in a position to ask so much about the flowers. My fh went for dinner and told me that the guests table have tealight floating on the "bowl". Not sure if the couple top-up or provide it on their own.

Hi peace & fudge,
I actually deciding on Intercon and thinking to sign with them soon. But with these negative comments I'm thinking twice. I only have <25 tables and find it hard to get a nice ballroom even for a weekday wedding. Any suggestion? Btw, how are their quality of service?

cubie

eggie,

that time when i sign up wif Inter, i wasn't sure whether i could get at least 25 tables so tell her that my min is 22. mine is on a weekday

eggie

hi cynthia,
yah, most probably will just confirm 22 first. But now concern of the flowers thingy cause it's important for me. Have you seen the flower decor or had your wedding?

cubie

hi eggie,

i saw the deco from the pix she showed to us. my weddin is next month. i still haven't thot abt the flower decor yet. i'll need to discuss the flower deco wif her 2 weeks later.

eggie

hi cynthia,
have you seen the decor personally at HI? Most of us feel it's quite bare, especially the stage. But I guess different couple will have different expectation.
happy.gif

kite~

Hi,

May i know how many ballrooms are their in Hotel Inter-Continental? and what is the minimum n maximum tables for the ballrooms? thanks.

eggie

hi kite,
it's 32 on weekends and 25 on weekdays. you are looking for weekend or weekday? For me, I'll take weekday since can't meet the minimum on weekend. Hope it helps.
happy.gif

ingenue78

hi kite,
there is only 1 ballroom at Intercon.

hi Eggie,
am thinking on the floral decor i need...will need to work out wif the florist whether my theme is achievable within the budget given by the hotel...

fudge

Hi Eggie,
No lah. To each their own. So do consider what u like over what we prefer. HI's my choice then because of the location, ballroom,not-bad food &amp; price.Also, it was a neutral compromise between FH &amp; me. HI has its good points as well. Well, we all have different expectations ya? But I do think of contacting the PR or watever to inform them cordially of common grievances like wat was discussed earlier. Wei, peace, shall we or not?
However, my friend attended a HI wedding last month, said that it was pretty good. I'll just have make a trip down to view decor soon. Then decide if wanto top up for more ambience. If budget permits!

blueskies

Hi Everyone:

I just had my wedding last week at Hotel Intercontinental. Overall, I must say the service provided by Anja &amp; the banquet manager/staff truly exceeded my expectations. To all those brides out there who're anxious about the flower deco, I personally think Fleur Connections did a pretty good job. You can work with Anja to customise many details such as color, type of flowers, arrangement etc.

As for invitation cards, I agree that there's room for improvement in terms of design. But it's really not that bad. Afterall, most guests throw away the invite after your wedding. I chose the cream two hearts design, and hotstamped silver words at Hitech. It turned out looking quite good!

If you manage to upgrade to their Special Suite, it's awesome. Huge room 3-4x the size of regular hotel rooms...it's almost like an apmt by itself.

Anja has been very accomodating and patient with my many requests to customize details for the banquet. Great service during the dinner, the whole event went by without a glitch! For the price &amp; excellent location, it's certainly value for money. I'm glad I chose HI for my wedding! =D

To those brides out there still sourcing for a venue, go with what your heart tells you. Good luck in your search!

kite~

Hi Hui Min,

Great to hear that ur wedding dinner is well-done.
happy.gif
btw is the ceiling high n has a long aisle? how much did u pay for each table? thanks. if possible, do u mind sharing ur AD photos with me?

fluff

Hi Kim

COngrads on ur successful wedding! Glad to hear that HI is not too bad afterall. WOuld like to find out fr u what's ur theme like (if any) and what floral deco did u select. ALso how was ur stage like and did u need to top up further for deco?

To all HI brides

Anyone opted for the harpist / pianist?? At $700+++ not sure if it's worth it? if not any suggestions for entertainment... I only have video of the day's event to show..We also dun wanna play those saboing games.

Kel

girlz

Hi gals,

I'm thinking of HI as well, u got any coordinator to recommend that's easy to "negotiate" mah? Thanks in advance!

kite~

Hi eggie,

after proper headcount last week, wehv abt 31 to 33 tables. btw i think i can meet their requirement. so hv u signed up with HI or just a tentatively booking with them? hv u seen their ballroom yet, is it of high ceiling n long aisle? thanks.

blueskies

Kite: HI has a pillarles ballroom, high ceiling, pretty long aisle (i think 30m in length) if you take the full ballroom. I had 34 tables on my wedding and it fitted just nice. I signed up with HI in 2001, so the pricing may not be applicable. You can check with HI for their latest pricing.

Kel: I had mainly lilac roses with baby's breath as centrepieces. Tealight candles on wrought iron with lilac roses along the ailse.

I thought of getting the harpist initially. But the cost blew me away. So dropped the idea and chose to play Stan Getz jazz pieces instead. It was a nice and cheap alternative to a live band (cheapest I can find is SGD1000 for 3 hrs).

Girlz: I think HI has two coordinators. Anja and Kelly, if I'm not wrong. I've only worked with Anja, so can't say which is better. My feel - that Anja tries her best to help. If you really like something which isn't available in the package, you can try trading other things that you don't need.

Good luck! Happy preps!

eggie

Hi blueskies,
I wonder if you have pics to share of HI decor. Seems it doesn't belong to any theme. You customised the flower decor? I think the lilac decor must look very nice. Thanks a lot.

kite~

hi,

went down to view HI ballroom however no wedding was going on. wow the ballroom looks very big n grand and has its own private reception which i like. but 1 thing, i noticed alot of ppl from outside using HI's toilet. lol anyway i hv tentatively booked with HI, still considering.

hi eggie,
i oso like those tealight candles theme decor. so far, i hv seen Panpacific ocean ballroom n traders The gallery ballroom with this type of theme, very zen garden like.
happy.gif

blossom

hi kite,
yah, a lot of ppl like to come in to use the toilet. this is unavoidable since the shopping mall is just beside it. anyway, i think they are trying to prevent ppl from coming in to use toilets.... for security reasons i think...

fluff

Hi HI brides... I've jus collected the samples for the wedding cards... HI emailed me the samples some time ago and I tot the ring cards were nice.. but when I saw it yesterday I realise that the print on the actual card is rather dull and the rose is not defined. It just looks like patches of brown colour.. jus wondering if it's the same for those of you who chose the ring card or was it just that particular card that was given to me... now thinking between the "two hearts" card and the ring card.

Btw, which printer did any of you chose? Not sure if the one recommended by HI is reasonable. any ideas??

ingenue78

hi kel,
i tot we have to go to their appointed printers?
Mine is Jasvy.
btw, i've chosen the 2 hearts design...guess can also save money coz there's no need to print inserts...

hi eggie,
do u noe whether yr FH's fren did a top-up for the candlelight theme? the florist charges $3 extra for tealight leh...a bit ex wor...

eggie

hi ino,
sorry can't help much on this as my FH is not close to his friend. so not very nice to check this for you. $3 per table? so if about 30 tables, will be $90? that's a bit expensive. maybe can negotiate to reduce the flower on the aisle? btw, that's the only time we see the flower with the tealight. on another 2-3 occasions when we popped in HI, we only see just a flower arrangement. So got a feeling might need to top-up.

btw, can you choose the colour of the flower you want with the florist? pls enlighten me on this. thanks

hi kel,
i have not seen the two rings one but the two hearts are pretty nice. No need insert and pretty acceptable.

kite~

Hi Eggie,

HI and regent are my shortlisted venues. today went down to regent, they cant change to our decor we like, plus MIL dont like e location, so never sign up w them.
sad.gif

now back to HI again.
happy.gif
MIL like HI very much cos MRT besides it. we will most likely sign up with HI since i did a tentatively booking with HI.
happy.gif

Today, MIL, hubby and i went down to HI n viewed the ballroom. there was a wedding going on and wow!!! it's very nice, classy and cosy. i like the flowers decor and e ambience. though regent outside e ballroom is more classy, the ballroom is so-so.....while HI outside is so-so but ballroom very grand!

Will call up Anja again on monday! btw when is ur wedding? sorry i hv forgotten. next yr oct?

hi kel,

ur wedding will be in Dec, this or next yr?

I know that minimum tables for wkends is 32 tables. anyone here who hold ur wedding on wkends, hv 30 tables minimum? cos i thought of placing 30 tables plus 2 spare even though i hv abt 350 guests and i dont wan to take e risky of e attendance. pls. advise. thanks
happy.gif

fluff

Hi kite
I think regent is much more ex than HI... U may wanna think of whether u can cut cost/break even.

My wedding dinner this dec... if next dec won't it be very kiasu to book now??

My dinner's on a sunday she allowed me to hv 30 + 2. But i worked out abt 34 tables.. so far leaving it as it is.. cos if later wanna add still can .. but if add now, we can't reduce later.

eggie

hi kite,
It's great that you like the ballroom when it's all decorated up. It makes a big difference. The first time when I see it without decor it was not really fantastic. Actually outside of the ballroom looks very classical with parquet flooring. It depends on individual liking.

ingenue78

hi eggie,
have u seen "Amercian Pie - The Wedding"? The wedding set-up is oh-so-gorgeous...i think it's my dream fairytale wedding...hv convinced my FH on the top-up for the flower decor after watching the movie. hehehehe. i want my ballroom to have more flowers, more candles and fairylights...hopefully it wun be toooo much top-up for that...

hi kite,
good tt u like the ballroom. if u like it, better book it early esp if it's on a good date...me speaking from experience. I tried to book the date tt i wanted 1 yr from my wedding but it was booked by another couple. in the end, i had to have my banquet 2 days after my customary and ROM.

eggie

hi ino,
nope, i had not watched the movie. I also love to have the whole place filled up with flowers and candles, but I'm not so keen in topping up so much since I already have church wedding.

btw, the top-up of $3 per table is for the tealight floating on water with flowers sorrounding it rite? I think I might want to top-up for that. Mine is actually still far away. By then, maybe the florist change liau lor. hehehe.

kite~

Hi Kel,

Yes regent is much more ex than HI. but then Regent is hving promotion right now and is much cheaper than HI.
For sun, Regent promotion is $83 per head + 1 bottle of FREE wine per table.

For Sun, HI is $84 . so as compared with e 2 hotels, Regent is much more worth. Since i hv shortlisted both, most likely wil get HI cos convenient + ballroom long aisle n nicer.
happy.gif

My wedding wil be in Dec 04. Me not as KAISU as other brides, me consider quite late liao.
happy.gif
Some even start booking 1.5yrs before. Imagine Pan Pacific is fully booked until Jan 2005. In fact Pan Pacific is my 1st choice but all my dates gone.
sad.gif

Hi Eggie
happy.gif

As for the decor, there are a few themes like passion, romance n loving. if mine is romance, can i choose others theme? cos passion theme is quite nice esp the stand hv those tea light candle holder for the aisle. hehe
happy.gif

i like the tealight candles floating on the water. u mean HI dont hv this theme? where r u gg to place that? on the table as centrepiece or along the aisle?

eggie

hi kite,
as far as I know, the decor theme may have similar name to their banquet package but it's actually not related. So you can choose any combination of decor. You can confirm that with Anja

cubie

Hi Hui Min,

I 'll be having my wedding dinner next month at Intercon. Check wif you, does anja waive off the corkage charges for the wine?

10q =)

blueskies

Cynthia:

My wedding was on a weekday. Got corkage waiver for 1st 12 bottles. Ordered the remaining bottles from HI. I think you can potentially get more bottles waived if it's a weekend wedding.

cubie

Hi Hui Min,

thank you for your reply. Mine is oso a weekday.
how many table do you have? Did she state how many of the remaining bottles are to be ordered from HI? From the menu, the cheapest bottle of wine cost $60 which is very expensive leh. what is the price of the wine that you ordered from HI?

blueskies

Cynthia:

I had 32 + 2 reserve tables. It's up to you how many bottles you want to order from HI. I brought 12 bottles on my own, and ordered an additional 12 from HI before the wedding.

On the actual wedding day, my guests downed 50+ bottles in all, luckily HI had extra wine beyond the 12 bottles I ordered from them.

HI has got cheaper wine...think it's french wine $24/bottle. It's pretty easy drinking. You can check with Anja.

kite~

Hi all,

Just wondering anyone managed to bargain corkage wavied for all wine? Met Anja yesterday, she is quite cold, asked her qs and she answered. other than that, she is very quiet.

i told anja i wil be hving 30 tables + 2 spare, she agreed.

kite~

hi cynthia,

nope i hv not sign up w her, just tentatively booking. nope she never agree to waive for all wines cos i hvnt discuss this with her. i was just asking anyone here has the waived corkage for wines.
happy.gif

apple77

Went to see the ballroom..... wow.... nice... i love it cos it doesnt' have those typical bluish or pinkish lightings which i hate... simplicity is best. Think the high ceilings is just wat i love plus the creamy color of the place. The foyer and the shophouse suite not so niec though... the suite is very small only... so sad.... heard can get helpers' room till 8pm... wat else did u gals ask for???

ingenue78

Hi cynthia,
u can check out Provinage. They sell pretty affordable wedding wines at less than $20. It's pretty good value for $$$. Not sure about consignment tho, u can call them and check it out. If u r really interested then, let me know ...got some lobang there.

Hi Apple,
the usuals: extra nite stay, corkage waiver, supper/pre-dinner snacks, more invites, more car park passes.

kite~

Hi Apple77,

glad that u like e ballroom. nice hor. hehe btw when is ur wedding, hv u sign up?

me too find the foyer so-so only, however e lounge is very classy.

hmm yes u can try asking for a day room for ur helpers fr 3 pm to 8pm, i tink normally they wil give, anyway no harm trying.

though i hvnt sign up but 99% will, during last brief discussion, we asked for more invitation cards, parking, n etc.

apple77

Thks gals...

kite~
Who u talk to huh? I have not met up with any of the planners there yet, nor seen the flower arrangements yet.. but saw some functions and the flowers not very nice.... am planning Nov or Dec 2004... haven't set the date yet.. think i better get it done asap!

kite~

hi apple77,

i spoke to Anja. so far e ballroom i like it very much. as for e decor, perhaps next yr there wil be more variety to choose from.
happy.gif
so hv u gotten any ideal dates in mind?

apple77

kite~
no lah, date not set yet...

Anyway i will go for the Grand Copthorne's bridal show tonite first, then decide if i want it at HI... but i think probably HI cos i really love the ballroom.. :p

I wonder.. if we were to provide the centre floating candles ourselvses... do we have to set it up on the tables too or will they still help us place them???

dor

hi kite
i saw u at Regent thread too.. hehe. Like u, I am also considering HI or Regent
happy.gif
But I think I like HI ballroom better. it's so nice esp the ceiling. Have u met up with Anja in person? I have only talked to her once, she seems busy.Btw, is ur wedding wkday or wkend? Mine is in Jan 05, wkday.

Hi Ino
U managed to get so many perks. when is ur wedding? IS your co-ordinator, Anja too? Besides Anja, is there any other co-ordinator?

ingenue78

Hi Apple,
Dun say i teach u hor...perhaps u cld negotiate with them on the candle theme b4 u sign up with them.

Hi dor,
There's another co-ordinator called Kelly.

Hi Cynthia,
I'm not sure whether they do wine consignment. Will check it out and let u know. ;-)

kite~

Hi Apple77,

oic. there is this divine show at Grand copthorne waterfront rite? btw which ballroom u hv in mind at GCW?
happy.gif
Hmm i tink they will help us to settle everything, dont think we r the one who hv to do the placing ourseleves.
happy.gif

Hi Dor,

Hehe same here but i choose HI over regent cos inconvenient n decor only 1 theme to choose. HI gd location. Mine is Dec 2004. urs? mine on wkend.
happy.gif
Yes i met up with Anja before last week n i find she is very quiet n cold type, ask her qs then ans else very quiet.

Hi ino,

sure can negotiate tea light candle theme w Anja. hmm wil try to.
happy.gif
i like tis theme.

kite~

Hi,

btw my hubby n i find the foyer (reception for cocktail) is plain. we thought of using our decor idea for the foyer n ask HI to set up. wondering allow anot?

btw just wondering is it free to rent the piano? cos last sat, there was a wedding gg on n the helpers move in the piano during e setup. i thot of asking my cousin to play the piano during our 2nd march in.
happy.gif